KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Possible performance issue or bug with a script on KBoards  (Read 659 times)  

Offline NogDog

• Ankh-Morpork
  • My best friend Noggin -- R.I.P.
    • View Profile
    • eBookworm.us
Possible performance issue or bug with a script on KBoards
« on: August 24, 2016, 02:02:21 PM »
I just started getting some Spinning Wheels of Death here (in Firefox), and it reports problems with a script: http://cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js:21

If this is something being used on KB (for adverts or such?), you might want to check with its supplier to see if there are any known issues.

(Make your own reading bar)
Music Ed. major working as a software developer -- go figure | Member since 04/30/2009 | My Blog | GoodReads page
"Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett in Night Watch

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
Re: Possible performance issue or bug with a script on KBoards
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 03:59:08 AM »
Thanks, Nog! I was getting that last night too, and reported it.  Seems fine this morning.

If you get it again, can you post a screenshot so we can forward it to the tech support people.

And what hardware and web browser do you use?

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake'

• Florida
  • Remembering Jeff and Harvey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 04:35:02 AM »
I had the problem all day yesterday and even early this morning. Seems okay now.

Please visit my website to browse my virtual bookshelf.
Margaret Lake | website | twitter | youtube | facebook

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 04:53:20 AM »
I had the problem all day yesterday and even early this morning. Seems okay now.

Can you say when it started yesterday? For me it was probably around 3 p.m. when I got on; it had been fine when I was on previously, probably before 9 a.m. And how late (early this morning) was it still weird?

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR