KB Featured
Flight of the Tarantula Hawk
by Michael Allan Scott

$0.99
Kindle Edition published 2014-02-10
Bestseller ranking: 4698

Product Description
On the IndieReader Best Book list and featured on NBC's Daytime Show, the second book in the Lance Underphal Mystery series is part of a new breed of supernatural thrillers which can be read and enjoyed in any order. Dark, different, featuring a damaged psychic, this is one of those disturbing novels that keeps you guessing.

Download the sample or use the "Look inside" feature for a FREE E-book offer.

Supernatural Murder Mystery - Realtor Carla Simon has her first showing in nearly eighteen months. Recovering from a nervous breakdown, she arrives at the bank-owned foreclosure well ahead of her prospect. When her buyer pins her against the wall, it turns out to be the last house she'll ever show.

Looking for a new breed of supernatural thrillers? Paranormal mysteries of murder and suspense? Perhaps a psychic detective series which can be read and enjoyed in any order? Or maybe one of t...

Author Topic: The 2016/2017 Gifting Library  (Read 2842 times)  

Offline Geoffrey

• Dallas, Texas
  • Live! Live! Live! Life is a Banquet!
    • View Profile
The 2016/2017 Gifting Library
« on: September 03, 2016, 06:06:44 AM »
Welcome to the 2016-2017
Gifting Library

Our past year has been fun with suprise books here and there and everywhere, so I thought it was time to re-up.  Since it's time for a new school year to start, and time for the summer heat to break, and it's a long weekend so I have time to think about it, why not start now?     

Now, I kept all the guidelines from the first one as they seemed to work well:

Guidelines
1. Be sure your Wishlist is public and only contains ebooks.
2. Please don't put your own books on your list; this is the Book Corner, so self-promotion rules apply.  :)
3. Please keep your list to a single page.
4. You are under no obligation to put up a list or to purchase a book for anyone.  You are also under no obligation to tell the recipient who sent them a new book.
5. You may certainly buy books without putting up a list or you may put up a list without buying books for others.  There is no tally; this is simply about having a bit of fun.
6. Have fun; be joyful.

Once you've posted your list in this thread, I'll try to keep an up to date list of all participants in the third post on this thread, but I do live in the outside world, so PM me if I don't see your post. a little wave to catch my attention and I'll usually pretty good at fixing it right up.  :)

Offline Geoffrey

• Dallas, Texas
    • View Profile
Re: The 2016/2017 Gifting Library
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 06:07:00 AM »
Creating an ebook wishlist

It's really just a two step process to set up a wishlist that allows others to send you a book without having to ask for your amazon associated email address. 

1.  on your wishlist page on Amazon.com, create a new wish list by clicking 'Create another Wish List' under your existing wishlists.  It will open a window that allows you to name it whatever (Secret Santa, perhaps? :)) and it will default to public.  It needs to remain a public wishlist for others to see it; there is a setting that will allow you make it visible only to people who have the url - that should work too if you want a little more privacy.....   Save the list you just created.

2.  On the right hand side of the page, under List Actions, you can click on 'Update List Profile' to see the email address and account any ebooks will be sent to.  You can modify the name of the recipient (you) if you don't want your real name to appear, the email address, etc on this screen.  It will default to the account you created it on but you could be creating it for someone else, so ....  There is also a clickbox marked 'Surprise Spoiler'.  This is if you don't want to know someone's bought you something before it's delivered.  It defaults to Yes and that means if they haven't sent it yet, you can't see it's been bought, but other people can so they don't buy it twice .....

Once your list is set up and going to the account you want, add books.  Remember, no more than a single page of books.

Just copy the url and you can insert it into an email using the 'Insert hyperlink' button on a new message or by typing:
(take out the spaces before or after the brackets ...)

Code: [Select]
[ url=(insert your url here ]The name of your Wishlist[ /url ]

Using 1-Click on a Wish List

Again, it's really easy and there are only two things I wanted to point out quickly for you:

1. You can set the date for delivery if you want.  On the wishlist itself, others can see a book has been bought even if it's not delivered, but if the user has their Surprise Spoiler turned one (and defaults to On) then they won't know.    Leave your name as the sender or not as you choose.   
2. The purchase will default to your usual 1-click default credit card but it will use any gift card balance you may have first.

See?  Easy Peasy.

Now, I haven't tried using this to buy a book for a person who isn't a US Resident but I assume it works.   I also haven't used this to buy ebooks on the UK site either so I don't know how that goes.  We'll have to all learn together in these instances .....

Offline Geoffrey

• Dallas, Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 06:07:18 AM »
Participant List
MemberWish List
AndraAndra's Book List
AtunahAtunah's Book List
BrownskinsBrownskins' Book List
cagnesCagnes' Book List
cyndistCindy's Book List
Elizabeth_BElizabeth's Book List
Geoffrey                                     Geoffrey's Book List
hamerfan Hamerfan's Book List
KindlegirlKarla's Book List
MariaESchneider              Maria's Book List
MichelleB675Michelle's Book List
MsScarlett Tracey's Book List
niahflameAnastacia's Book List
NogDogCharles' Book List
stillmyheart Stillmyheart's Book List
TammyC Tammy's Book List
telracs telracs' Book List
TimothyEllis Timothy's Book List
TriciaJ82Tricia's Book List
TuttleTuttle's Book List

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 09:44:40 AM by Geoffrey »

Offline Elizabeth_B

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 05:10:45 PM »
I've just joined..is it still okay for me to participate?  This seems like a wonderful way to celebrate the season with new kindle friends :)

Kindle Board Secret Santa

Not certain I worked the linking correctly :/

Offline TammyC

• PA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 04:40:55 AM »
I always love this and want to stay in on the fun  :)

Here's mine https://amzn.com/w/IGI0KCSC0EKX
Tammy

Offline Geoffrey

• Dallas, Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 04:36:10 PM »
Tammy and Elizabeth, gotcha both on the list now ....

Offline cagnes

• Louisiana
    • View Profile
    • Bayou Cover Designs
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 04:17:40 PM »
I'd love to join in! I was in the 1st go round and it was lots of fun!  :)

Cagnes' Book List

Christine | Member since 10/13/2009 | Goodreads | Bayou Cover Designs | Bayou Cover Designs on the KBoards Yellow Pages
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.  ― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons

Offline Brownskins

• Dallas, Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 01:25:28 PM »
Since it is fourth quarter already, I am ready to join again!  I can't wait to buy from y'alls lists!  I will update my list this week and send a link.  (I am borrowing ideas from your existing linked lists...)  ;D 8) ::)
Train rides + Kindle reads = Win!
2017-to-date: 4
2017 Target: 60

A few of my thoughts and reviews are posted here:  https://simplyctrocks.blogspot.com/

Offline telracs

• NYC
  • peace, love, justice.... and chocolate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 03:08:06 PM »
Since it is fourth quarter already, I am ready to join again!  I can't wait to buy from y'alls lists!  I will update my list this week and send a link.  (I am borrowing ideas from your existing linked lists...)  ;D 8) ::)

welcome back!

Offline Brownskins

• Dallas, Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 09:51:14 AM »
Hi everyone - back from hiatus! I have my list updated.  A lot of it are spiritual books... seems like that is what I am wanting to read recently.  I respect all beliefs though, so please don't take this to mean I think within the box.

Brownskins' Book List

Looking forward to Halloween, Thanksgiving, my birthday, and Christmas, and New Year... giving, gathering ideas, reading... giving...
Train rides + Kindle reads = Win!
2017-to-date: 4
2017 Target: 60

A few of my thoughts and reviews are posted here:  https://simplyctrocks.blogspot.com/

Offline stillmyheart

• Florida
    • View Profile
    • Imaginary Lit(erature)
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2016, 01:14:24 PM »
Oh, this is a fun idea! I've made a new list here https://amzn.com/w/2ECBQK5E768FW  ;D

Mary Head | Twitter | Blog | Facebook

Offline KindleGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2016, 12:41:54 PM »
Oops, I'm a little late to the party, but I'd like to join again! Geoffrey, can you just use my link from the previous round?  Thanks!

Offline Geoffrey

• Dallas, Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 04:49:52 AM »
Oops, I'm a little late to the party, but I'd like to join again! Geoffrey, can you just use my link from the previous round?  Thanks!

You're on the list now, Karla.

Offline MsScarlett

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2016, 06:35:20 PM »
Yay!  It was fun doing this before! Can I join again?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2MD0RGE33J01N/ref=cm_wl_list_o_2?

Offline Geoffrey

• Dallas, Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2016, 11:27:15 AM »

Offline hamerfan

• Totoville
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 01:05:19 AM »
Christmas is coming, so it looks like a good time to give this a try. Here's my list (I think). If I've done something wrong, let me know!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/registry/ref=cm_wl_edit_bck?ie=UTF8&id=3AVWT38IE48X&type=wishlist

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti, Formula One driver-

Offline Geoffrey

• Dallas, Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2016, 07:12:55 AM »
Christmas is coming, so it looks like a good time to give this a try. Here's my list (I think). If I've done something wrong, let me know!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/registry/ref=cm_wl_edit_bck?ie=UTF8&id=3AVWT38IE48X&type=wishlist

Gotcha.  You're on the list.

Offline TimothyEllis

• Somewhere in space.
  • Aussie in the 27th century.
    • View Profile
    • Timothy Ellis Author
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2016, 11:44:05 PM »
I know this is stickied, but for those who view the unread posts lists instead of the forums, booting it back up there in case anyone who wants to participate and hasn't seen it before, can see it.

Can we please have the moderators added to the list (I read somewhere one of them has a list but dont remember where or how to find it.)?