Author Topic: Re: GHOSTWRITER for HIRE -- TEMPORARY DISCOUNT [$0.04/word]  (Read 4885 times)  

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
Re: GHOSTWRITER for HIRE -- TEMPORARY DISCOUNT [$0.04/word]
« on: September 13, 2016, 10:10:48 AM »
     AVAILABILITY: Please PM me if interested in scheduling a project, or contact me through my email readmysugarlips@yahoo.com  [This is a different email address than what I did have up. I became dissatisfied with my webhost provider and ended my account, which made my website and previously listed email defunct.]

ABOUT ME:
    I started out as a short story erotica writer. I've published somewhere between 500,000 to 1 million words (I haven't added them up lately). The change to Amazon's royalty model devastated my income, and I'm still working on building up a catalog of novels. The need to do paid work for other authors has slowed down my release dates, and building up a catalog of work is still a work in progress for me. However, I have released two novels. Both of them are in the romance genre of M/M. My first novel (73k words) made $5,000 its first month (a bit of a fluke, it generated some passionate word-of-mouth responses that drove sales). My second novel (67k words) earned just shy of $1,700 in its first month (again with no paid advertising). The first novel has a star ranking of 3.9, and the second novel has a star ranking of 4.1. A failure on my part was that there was a four-month break between the release of the first book and the second book, which killed the momentum provided by the first book. Paid work and other life factors slowed down my ability to release a second novel quickly. But, that makes me available to work for you. ;)

While I am not new to writing, I am somewhat new to ghostwriting. I do not have a website for my services as of yet. I have been getting the bulk of my paid work via another author forum, but since I switched gears from doing paid editing and plotting to ghostwriting, I've decided to branch out and broaden my potential client base. I understand that not everyone can afford a ghostwriter at the prices I'm listing below. I am advertising my services for those who can afford it.

PRICING:

GHOSTWRITING:

Price starts at $0.05/word (price is negotiable). Please see website for more information about pricing.
    [If you've already scheduled work with me, the price listed at that time will be honored.]

PAYMENTS
    15%-30% upfront required. After that, benchmark payments based on word count completed and submitted to you will be required. Payments through Paypal.

GENRES:
    -------------​

ROMANCE - M/F or M/M. Everything from sweet to OMG sizzling.
    Contemporary
    PNR (shifter, psychic, etc)
    Sci-Fi / Fantasy (price higher if I had to do the world building.) [I now have some sci-fi experience. Love it!]
    -- No Historical Romances (no experience)
    ​
    COZY MYSTERIES
    I don't currently have experience writing cozy mysteries, although I have plotted a couple of series starters for myself that I have not explored writing yet. Frankly, if you need a cozy that needs writing, I'd love to do it.

SUSPENSE / light HORROR
    I now have experience with Suspense and like it a lot. I have both plotted and written Romantic Suspense now (80k+ length range), and I'd be very interested on working on more suspense related projects. They don't have to be romance, but if they are, I have a good understanding of how to build the romance element along with the growing tension of suspense.

YOUR PRODUCT: Ghostwriting
    If you hired me for ghostwriting, the product you would receive would be a solid, well-written, first draft that was ready to go to an editor. Editing is a different product and a different service than ghostwriting.

ETHICS: Ghostwriting
    If I write a novel for you and you pay me a few thousand for it and then you turn around and make a million dollars from it, the only thing you'll hear from me is my clapping hands in congratulations. I recognize that success with a novel extends far, far beyond the initial writing of a novel. If you are able to turn a novel I've ghostwritten for you into a HUGE success, the only thing I'll have for you is respect. Once I've been paid the agreed upon fee for a ghostwritten novel, it is not my novel. It's yours. And, that's all the world will ever know. It's your novel.

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU
    I need a fully formed plot to work from. I have plotting experience and I'm happy to talk with you about ideas for improving your plot, but I won't rework your plot from the ground up. If the plot you provide falls short of what is needed to produce the product you're requesting, I reserve the right to refuse the job.

GHOSTWRITING PLUS PLOTTING: $0.20 - $0.30/word*
    Do you have a successful series that requires a book 4 but it's just not in you to do it? Do you wish you could just farm it out? Been hankering for a month-long vacation in the south of France but it would mess up your publication schedule? Have a new series burning a hole in your brain and can't think about your current series for one second longer?

Bottom line, if the books in your series make you $20k+ their first month out, this service might be financially advantageous to you.

I would plot a book that fits in with the existing series while mirroring the tone and style of the existing series. It would also maintain the world-building continuity of your series. If you have a complex PNR world, that would be the higher price of the range. If you have a family of brothers and a simple world, that would be the lower price. This service would include me becoming familiar with (and probably reading every single word of) your entire series to date. It would also include me working closely with you during the plotting stage to make sure you were satisfied with the plot that was developed. As to the writing itself, I would mirror your writing style so that your readers would (hopefully) not notice a difference between the book I ghostwrote and your previous books.

*This service would require a 30% upfront payment of the estimated project cost. I would send you periodic updates of the work being done per an agreed upon schedule. Partial payments throughout the creation process is required, the amount paid to be based on the amount of work completed and submitted to you.

THE PRODUCT: Ghostwriting plus Plot
    The product you receive from me would mirror the style, tone, and world of your existing series. And, the manuscript you receive would be ready to go to an editor.

ETHICS: Ghostwriting plus Plot
    Never gonna tell. It's YOUR book, YOUR brainchild.

WRITING SAMPLES
    My personal writing style tends toward long sentences. Having said that, I can adjust it to suit your needs. I can write in the style you want me to write.

Here are some writing examples:

--  Well, shucks. I had planned to post some writing samples here, but I guess I'm a bit technically challenged with regard to how to make that happen. I hadn't planned on disclosing it but to keep things simple, I'll tell you my main pen name. It's Ada O'Flaherty. My romance novels are up on Amazon. My erotica is up on B&N. If you need me to confirm that I am who I say I am, we can coordinate some communication through my twitter account or facebook.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

I did have a website up, but I became dissatisfied with my host provider and have ended my web hosting account with them. So, my website plus my previous email name is now defunct. However, you can email me at readmysugarlips@yahoo.com . 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 09:01:52 PM by Ava_Red »

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
Re: GHOSTWRITER for HIRE
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 10:13:09 AM »
Some technical difficulties... Working on updating the original post so that the writing samples show up.

UPDATE: In lieu of writing samples, I disclosed my pen name. My intent for doing so is to assure you that I am legit and that the services I can provide are of potentially substantial value.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 11:59:02 AM by Ava_Red »

Offline Peter Spenser

• near Buffalo, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 10:27:42 AM »
I tried to find you the other day but I couldn't see you.   :o   Maybe I should wait until night.

Sorry. I'll go now.

Online Crystal_

• Portland, OR
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 01:03:59 PM »
I haven't worked with Ada as a ghostwriter, but I have worked with her as a developmental editor/manuscript critiquer and I can't recommend her highly enough. She really knows her story and character stuff. She also works around my schedule and goes out of her way to meet her deadlines even if I've missed mine.

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 01:20:47 PM »
Welcome to the KB Writers Cafe!

You're welcome to promote your business and website here in the Writers' Cafe!

Now that you have an official thread, you'll want to add your listing to our Yellow Pages Listing, found here:
http://www.kboards.com/yp/

The listing is free to KB members and is completely self-service; you can add and edit your listing from the page. More information on our Yellow Pages listing can be found here.

In your thread here, we ask that the same basic rules be followed as we have for authors in the Book Bazaar: you may have this one thread about your service and must post to it rather than start a new thread each time. New threads about the service wil be removed. Please bookmark this thread so that you can find it again to post to. And, you may not make back-to-back posts to the thread within seven days. If someone responds (such as this post), you may reply but otherwise must wait seven days, thanks!

Note that members may provide civil and honest feedback about your service to this thread, and you may respond in a civil manner. Disputes between you and clients should be handled off site.

Betsy
KBoards Moderator

Note that this welcome does not constitute an endorsement or vetting of a service by KBoards. Members should do due diligence when considering using a service, for example, by asking KB members for feedback and doing an Internet search such as "service provider name" complaints.
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 06:11:15 PM »
I haven't worked with Ada as a ghostwriter, but I have worked with her as a developmental editor/manuscript critiquer and I can't recommend her highly enough. She really knows her story and character stuff. She also works around my schedule and goes out of her way to meet her deadlines even if I've missed mine.

Thanks, Crystal!!! Very kind and generous of you and so very much appreciated.  (Where are the heart icons!)  *heart*  ;D

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 07:39:09 AM »
Now taking bookings for November.   :) :-*

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 05:48:27 AM »
Booked until further notice.

:D

Offline SA_Soule

• Northern CA
  • Author, Creativity Coach, & Avid Reader
    • View Profile
    • Amazon Author Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 08:44:35 AM »
Couldn't find any contact info or a link to your site...???

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 07:03:56 PM »
Couldn't find any contact info or a link to your site...???

I'm afraid that I don't have a website dedicated to my ghostwriitng services. It is a step I'm considering, but it's not one that I've found necessary to implement just yet.

I'd be happy to answer any question you might have via PM.

Offline RD

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 02:15:48 PM »
She's the real deal. I'm using her services now. She pulled my story together nicely. I had some loose ends with my plot she tied together beautifully.

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2016, 04:39:34 PM »
She's the real deal. I'm using her services now. She pulled my story together nicely. I had some loose ends with my plot she tied together beautifully.

Thanks so much, RD.  :)

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 12:07:51 PM »
I have an opening in my schedule for a new client. Please PM me if interested.

Thank you.

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 12:15:13 PM »
Also, an update as to my experience. I now have experience plotting and writing Romantic Suspense for lengths in the 80k+ range. I've updated my initial post to reflect this change as well.

I'd be very interested in working on other suspense projects (romance or non-romance). With a solid plot, I can write whatever you want me to with the exception of historical romance. (I just don't have the knowledge base for historical romance.)

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2017, 03:20:41 PM »
Please note my recent change in prices. Ghostwriting services now start at $0.10/word. However, if you have scheduled work with me at the previously advertised prices, those prices will be honored.

I also now have a website: www.ghostwriter4hire.com

I know that some might view $0.10/word as extreme. It's not. With regard to industry standards, it is still very, very low. A little research of what most other ghostwriters charge will show you what I mean. I'm still in the process of building my connections and my clientele, and I am still very happy to offer my services for far below industry standards.

If I get an opening in my schedule, there's a chance that I might offer a discount.

I am currently booked through mid-May.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 03:38:34 PM by Ava_Red »

Offline AuthorX

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 01:19:08 AM »
$0.10 per word for basic romance? And up to $0.70 for suspense? Wow...  :o

That's $10,000 for a 100,000 basic romance novel, $70,000 for a suspense of the same length. Very expensive for ghostwriting. Most people wouldn't even get that amount as an advance if they got picked up by a trad publisher.

I'm not saying that your writing isn't worth it (since you offer no samples of your work on your website) but at that rate, the risk of the buyer never making their money back is extremely high. And unless they have a book that is a chart topper, it might take years.

You also require an advance payment to get started and even an advance payment just to get a sample of your work... Having hired over 50 ghostwriters in the past(many not delivering or delivering crap), I have never encountered a ghostwriter who wanted me to pay to check their quality. All risk in on the buyer here.

I wish you all the best, but I don't understand your pricing method. If you say your self-pubbed books only ranked 3.9 and 4.1, and the best book only made $5k in the first month (a fluke you claim), then why the uber high pricing? At 0.70 or even the 0.10 low end, I would need a 5-star grand slam to ensure I got my money back. I find it hard to sell 4 star books even when a lot of money invested.

Offline Doglover

• Huntingdon, United Kingdom
  • If you want real love, buy a dog.
    • View Profile
    • Margaret Brazear Author
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 03:12:02 AM »
From your website:

I don't have any writing samples available on this website. If I did, you would have no way of knowing if I wrote them. To help you determine if I have the skills of someone you are interested in working with, you can hire me to write a vignette length (less than 1,000 words) sample. You describe the scene, and I'll write it.

Even if someone hires you to write a sample, they would still have no way of knowing if you wrote them.

Do your clients who hire you to write one of these samples get that amount refunded if they hire you to go on to write a whole book? That is my first question. My second is this: if you are good enough to write all these genres and force them into whatever plot comes along, why are you not writing your own novels?

I think your prices are outrageous, but then I have no experience of ghostwriting, so I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 03:18:26 AM by Doglover »

The past is another country; they do things differently there
Margaret Brazear | Website | Blog | Facebook | Readers Group

Offline Tacey

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2017, 06:10:54 AM »
Bookmarking

Offline Steve W.

• Canada
    • View Profile
    • Steve Whibley
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2017, 08:42:00 AM »

I think your prices are outrageous, but then I have no experience of ghostwriting, so I could be wrong.

I think you're wrong. I've seen rates higher and people booking well over a year in advance. One writer I know who does ghostwriting in the PNR genre charges $40K for 70K word first draft. She has no trouble keeping busy.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:44:02 AM by Steve W. »

Steven Whibley | Author Website | Facebook

Offline wheart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2017, 12:23:25 PM »
(since you offer no samples of your work on your website)

She mentioned her main pen name in her initial post, so you can check her writing out on the snippet I quoted below:

I hadn't planned on disclosing it but to keep things simple, I'll tell you my main pen name. It's Ada O'Flaherty. My romance novels are up on Amazon. My erotica is up on B&N.

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2017, 10:08:45 AM »
$0.10 per word for basic romance? And up to $0.70 for suspense? Wow...  :o

That's $10,000 for a 100,000 basic romance novel, $70,000 for a suspense of the same length. Very expensive for ghostwriting. Most people wouldn't even get that amount as an advance if they got picked up by a trad publisher.

I'm not saying that your writing isn't worth it (since you offer no samples of your work on your website) but at that rate, the risk of the buyer never making their money back is extremely high. And unless they have a book that is a chart topper, it might take years.

You also require an advance payment to get started and even an advance payment just to get a sample of your work... Having hired over 50 ghostwriters in the past(many not delivering or delivering crap), I have never encountered a ghostwriter who wanted me to pay to check their quality. All risk in on the buyer here.

I wish you all the best, but I don't understand your pricing method. If you say your self-pubbed books only ranked 3.9 and 4.1, and the best book only made $5k in the first month (a fluke you claim), then why the uber high pricing? At 0.70 or even the 0.10 low end, I would need a 5-star grand slam to ensure I got my money back. I find it hard to sell 4 star books even when a lot of money invested.

I appreciate what you're saying and understand where you're coming from. Having said that, as far as this thread goes, I believe I list one of my pen names that can be used as an example of my work: Ada O'Flaherty. I've thought about adding that info to the website but have not decided whether or not to do so.

As to the pricing, so much goes into a successful novel that extends beyond the actual novel. The author needs to have a successful platform. If they are hoping to release one novel and make tons of money, it's not likely to work. I even say this on my website. Also with regard to pricing, my pricing is very competitive and very reasonable in comparison to many/most of the ghostwriters out there. Most of the websites I found listed prices that only marginally dipped below $0.20/word, and on occasion I saw prices at $1.00/word (as a starting point figure). I understand that $0.10/word is seen as very high as far as this forum is concerned, but within the world of professional ghostwriting, it is very low.

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2017, 10:20:41 AM »
From your website:

I don't have any writing samples available on this website. If I did, you would have no way of knowing if I wrote them. To help you determine if I have the skills of someone you are interested in working with, you can hire me to write a vignette length (less than 1,000 words) sample. You describe the scene, and I'll write it.

Even if someone hires you to write a sample, they would still have no way of knowing if you wrote them.

Do your clients who hire you to write one of these samples get that amount refunded if they hire you to go on to write a whole book? That is my first question. My second is this: if you are good enough to write all these genres and force them into whatever plot comes along, why are you not writing your own novels?

That a person would not know if the sample I wrote for them is written by me or not is a good point that I had not considered. If someone contacted me to write a sample for them, that sample would be an original and in the theme of the type of work they were interested in. I would let them choose what they wanted me to write about so that they knew it was written specifically at their request. The $0.05/word fee protects me from having someone try me on for size just out of curiosity. I don't want my time wasted anymore than anyone else does. The point of deducting the cost of the sample from the cost of a larger project is something that I had thought of as well, but I haven't updated my website to reflect that yet.

As to the question of if I'm such a good writer, why am I ghostwriting... I plan to address this on the website as well. It's still a work in progress as I think of material to add. The answer to that question is that successful publishing requires more than well written words on a page that tell an entertaining story. It requires a business plan, marketing, branding, a roll-out schedule that optimizes follow-through readership, and the list goes on and on from there. I'm not writing for myself because I'm not prepared to take all of that on all by myself right now. I am a very good writer and a very good story teller. So, that's the skill I'm selling. As for all the rest, I am still trying to figure all of that other stuff out myself as well.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 10:25:01 AM by Ava_Red »

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2017, 10:39:25 AM »
I'm now booked through late November... I've had some projects shift around. PM me for availability. I might be available as soon as the last third of May.

If anyone has a project that they'd like to fit in before the end of 2017, please PM me. I'm also accepting bookings for 2018.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 09:09:04 AM by Ava_Red »

Offline Kate.

• Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2017, 04:19:34 AM »
I just wanted to report on a good experience with Ava. I hired her to work on a suspense/thriller story. Her communication is great - she's very responsive and sends frequent progress updates (which helps with catching any issues early). Because she also has plotting experience she was able to make a lot of suggestions to improve the manuscript. She's super friendly and easy to work with. If I had to pick her biggest strength, it would probably be characters - she makes them unique and full of personality, and they pop off the page.

If anyone would like to see a sample of her writing you're welcome to PM me and I can send a section from the document she's working on.

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2017, 09:00:32 AM »
Kate, thank you so much!  :) ;D

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2017, 09:05:52 AM »
I've had some projects shift around, and I've got some availability coming up. There's a chance that I'll be available as soon as the last third of this month. If interested in working together, please PM me. If you have concerns about the rates, we can negotiate.

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2017, 06:58:59 PM »
My slot for the last part of this month has been filled. Thanks. :D

If anyone else is interesting in booking me, please contact me to talk about availability and timing.

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2017, 01:43:39 PM »
I've got an October slot that I would like to fill at a discount of $0.06/word. Please PM me if interested.

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
Re: GHOSTWRITER for HIRE -- $0.05 (new price)
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2017, 10:36:40 AM »
I'm currently lowering my price down to $0.05/word. Even if I raise my price back up in the future, if you book me at $0.05, that price will remain.

I've had a family member suffer an injury. I'd like to be of financial help to her if I can, and I'm interested in keeping a steady flow of work to help facilitate that. That's why I'm lowering my price for the foreseeable future to $0.05/word.

Please message me if interested, and we'll talk about scheduling.

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
Re: GHOSTWRITER for HIRE -- $0.05 (new price)
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2017, 04:16:57 PM »
Giving a bump.

PM me to ask about scheduling.

Thanks!

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2017, 05:50:38 PM »
I've had an immediate-fill slot open up in my schedule. Because of that, I am offering a discount to $0.04/word.

I'm very flexible with regard to matching voice and writing light or dark. I'm especially good at writing moments of angst and tension, so dark stories are welcome, but I really enjoy a lighthearted, happy story as well. I specialize in romance, but any genre is welcome including psychological thriller, romantic suspense, and cozy mystery. And, with a background in erotica, any heat level is welcome, but I can do sweet very well, too.

If interested, please PM.

Offline EA Cruz

• View Profile
    • EA Cruz - Jesus Says GO KILL YOURSELF
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2017, 05:40:00 AM »
I think you're wrong. I've seen rates higher and people booking well over a year in advance. One writer I know who does ghostwriting in the PNR genre charges $40K for 70K word first draft. She has no trouble keeping busy.

I'm sorry but what is PNR?

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2017, 09:43:34 AM »
I'm sorry but what is PNR?

It's paranormal romance.  ;)

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2017, 08:58:58 PM »
Just a head's up. I became dissatisfied with my webhost provider and have ended my account with them. That has made my webpage and email through my webpage both defunct. I was using their Weebly website building feature, but when they tried to upgrade to allow for the latest Weebly features, the process locked up my website for a good 6+ months so that I wasn't able to make any changes. Very frustrating!!! I finally decided to throw in the towel and to end my account with them.

So, if you want to email me directly, please email readmysugarlips@yahoo.com .

Thank you.

Offline Ava_Red

• View Profile
    • Ghostwriter4Hire
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2017, 12:00:03 PM »
I still have room to take one more client at a $0.04/word discount. Novels or novellas welcome. I would be ready to start on your project sometimes between Aug 20th and 25th.

Any genre welcome except historical. And, I could do historical quite well if you provided me with cheat sheets about the time period and some resources about what life was like during that time plus a sample of the writing style. I've read period pieces and can do the style, but I don't have the knowledge base about the time periods.

Also, both M/F and M/M welcome. Any heat level.

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac