KB Featured
Flight of the Tarantula Hawk
by Michael Allan Scott

$0.99
Kindle Edition published 2014-02-10
Bestseller ranking: 4698

Product Description
On the IndieReader Best Book list and featured on NBC's Daytime Show, the second book in the Lance Underphal Mystery series is part of a new breed of supernatural thrillers which can be read and enjoyed in any order. Dark, different, featuring a damaged psychic, this is one of those disturbing novels that keeps you guessing.

Download the sample or use the "Look inside" feature for a FREE E-book offer.

Supernatural Murder Mystery - Realtor Carla Simon has her first showing in nearly eighteen months. Recovering from a nervous breakdown, she arrives at the bank-owned foreclosure well ahead of her prospect. When her buyer pins her against the wall, it turns out to be the last house she'll ever show.

Looking for a new breed of supernatural thrillers? Paranormal mysteries of murder and suspense? Perhaps a psychic detective series which can be read and enjoyed in any order? Or maybe one of t...

Author Topic: How to find Audible Prime audiobooks?  (Read 958 times)  

Offline Sebastiene

• View Profile
    • Sebastiene Elston - author site
How to find Audible Prime audiobooks?
« on: September 17, 2016, 10:13:58 AM »
Okay! I read the page on Amazon. I've followed the links. I've downloaded the recommended Audible app onto my phone. I've signed in using my Amazon account.

Aaaaaaaaand... nothing.

How do you pull up Audible audiobooks that are available to read for free if you're a Prime member?

Thanks!

Sebastiene Elston | Sebastiene.com | Facebook | Twitter |

Online Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake'

• Florida
  • Remembering Jeff and Harvey
    • View Profile
Re: How to find Audible Prime audiobooks?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 11:31:14 AM »
Can you give us the link to the Amazon page?

Please visit my website to browse my virtual bookshelf.
Margaret Lake | website | twitter | youtube | facebook

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 11:43:19 AM »
There is something available in the US (sadly not here in the UK yet) called Audible Channels. If you go to the Audible home page and search for 'audible channels' you'll get a list of available titles - but it's mostly newspapers, magazines and periodicals - there seem to be very few books.

http://www.audible.com/search/ref=a_channels_tseft?advsearchKeywords=audible+channels&filterby=field-keywords&x=0&y=0

"A person who publishes books, willfully appears before the populace with his pants down." Edna St. Vincent Millay

Member since 03/17/2010 | (make your own reading bar) |
My Kindles: Kindle Voyage  | Kindle Paperwhite  |  Fire HD 10  | Kindle DX  | Kindle Touch

Online Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake'

• Florida
  • Remembering Jeff and Harvey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 11:50:30 AM »
There are also supposed to be 50 free audiobooks available on a rotating basis. At least according to the article that I read.

Please visit my website to browse my virtual bookshelf.
Margaret Lake | website | twitter | youtube | facebook

Offline Sebastiene

• View Profile
    • Sebastiene Elston - author site
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 09:38:36 PM »
Yes, it is Audible Channels in the U.S.

Here is the link to the page.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/audible/channels

And I found the page on Audible with directions! Thank you for your help!!!

Now let's see if this works.  ;D

http://www.audible.com/channels
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 09:42:05 PM by Sebastiene »

Sebastiene Elston | Sebastiene.com | Facebook | Twitter |

Offline CegAbq

• Albuquerque, NM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 10:00:16 PM »
I knew about Channels, but I didn't realize that they offered some full-length audiobooks. Just checked out the offerings and there are some there that I would like to listen to  ;D
Carol in 'burque

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to Skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and shouting: Damn-What a ride!

Offline SusieQ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 08:58:05 PM »
Thanks so much for sharing this! Had glanced at channels in the past but never knew about the free listens for Prime members! Excited to try some of these

Susie

Offline SusieQ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 05:52:17 AM »
Interesting. Can't find channels on the new 8 inch Fire tablet. Will keep looking

Susie

Offline etexlady

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 02:58:18 PM »
Re: Audible on the Fire tablets, at the bottom of the page that was linked above, it says "coming soon to Fire tablets".  Odd Amazon would offer something that their own devices cannot use.  Anyway, I don't understand these Audible channels.  Are books you find on the channels the only ones you can read/hear for free?  I searched from within the app and found a book I wanted to hear but I was only given a sample.  Will I be asked to buy the book once I listen to the sample?  If so, Audible Channels sounds like a trick to get more people to subscribe to Audible.  I don't care about listening to podcasts and someone reading an article from a newspaper which seems to be the major offerings. 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 03:33:49 PM by etexlady »

Offline SusieQ

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 11:35:25 PM »
I was able to find free Prime Audible books on the HDX
Susie

Offline Cherise

• Spokane, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 04:49:01 PM »
GGGggggrrrrrrr

This book's Amazon page says I can listen free with Prime, but I just cannot find this book in the Prime Channels in the Audible app. Was hoping you smart people would have posted how to actually search for titles within Audible Prime Channels.  :(

https://www.amazon.com/Bloody-Jack/dp/B000R34YPW/ 

Offline CegAbq

• Albuquerque, NM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 05:05:50 PM »
GGGggggrrrrrrr

This book's Amazon page says I can listen free with Prime, but I just cannot find this book in the Prime Channels in the Audible app. Was hoping you smart people would have posted how to actually search for titles within Audible Prime Channels.  :(

https://www.amazon.com/Bloody-Jack/dp/B000R34YPW/

So, I currently have an Audible 'Lite' subscription (no credits but keep the account open so I can get sales etc). I went into my Audible app on my phone (which is where I listen to audiobooks). From the 'Library' page I tapped on the 3 horizontal lines (the Menu) & looked for 'Channels for Prime' & tapped that. Then I tapped on Audiobook Collections, and found it under 'Get Hooked - Series Starters'

Hope that helps.
Carol in 'burque

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to Skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and shouting: Damn-What a ride!

Offline Cherise

• Spokane, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 05:08:47 PM »
So, I currently have an Audible 'Lite' subscription (no credits but keep the account open so I can get sales etc). I went into my Audible app on my phone (which is where I listen to audiobooks). From the 'Library' page I tapped on the 3 horizontal lines (the Menu) & looked for 'Channels for Prime' & tapped that. Then I tapped on Audiobook Collections, and found it under 'Get Hooked - Series Starters'

Hope that helps.

THANK YOU!

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac