Author Topic: Beta Read-Proofread-Copy Edit-Substantive Edit-Package Deals-Booking Oct/Nov  (Read 7027 times)  

Offline Robert Fluegel

• View Profile
Re: Beta Reading, Proofreading & Copy Editing NanoWriMo offer 50% off our rates
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2016, 08:06:28 AM »
Graham did such a great job with my first book I used him again for my second.  He not only got it done quickly, he has continued to offer support afterward even after getting paid. 

Offline A Fading Street

• Proofreading $0.0015 per word, Copy Editing $0.003
    • View Profile
    • A Fading Street Publishing Services
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2016, 02:05:14 PM »
Thanks Robb, all part of the service and I'm always happy to help any way I can.
A Fading Street Publishing Services
Beta Reading, Proofreading, Copy Editing and Audiobook Proofing.
Proofreading $0.0015 per word, Copy Editing $0.0035 per word Audiobook Proofing $15 per Finished Hour.
SPECIAL PACKAGE RATE for Beta, Copy Edit, Final Proof and Formatting $0.004 per word.
My Kboards Thread for Testimonials http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,241950.0.html
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2016, 02:24:00 AM »
Looks like you were never officially welcomed, Graham, so here it is.

Also, to Robb and other satisfied customers...we appreciate member feedback on these vendor threads..but posting here just to bump the thread for the vendor isn't allowed, sorry.  That would make you part of his team, and you are considered one with him then for bumping purposes--neither of you would be allowed to post within seven days of each other. (Note our bumping rule explained below.)  I've accordingly removed a couple of posts.  Please PM me if you have any questions.

Welcome to the KB Writers Cafe!

You're welcome to promote your business and website here in the Writers' Cafe!

Now that you have an official thread, you'll want to add your listing to our Yellow Pages Listing, found here:
http://www.kboards.com/yp/

The listing is free to KB members and is completely self-service; you can add and edit your listing from the page. More information on our Yellow Pages listing can be found here.

In your thread here, we ask that the same basic rules be followed as we have for authors in the Book Bazaar: you may have this one thread about your service and must post to it rather than start a new thread each time. New threads about the service wil be removed. Please bookmark this thread so that you can find it again to post to. And, you may not make back-to-back posts to the thread within seven days. If someone responds (such as this post), you may reply but otherwise must wait seven days, thanks!

Note that members may provide civil and honest feedback about your service to this thread, and you may respond in a civil manner. Disputes between you and clients should be handled off site.

Betsy
KBoards Moderator

Note that this welcome does not constitute an endorsement or vetting of a service by KBoards. Members should do due diligence when considering using a service, for example, by asking KB members for feedback and doing an Internet search such as "service provider name" complaints.
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2016, 03:14:24 AM »
Many thanks for the belated welcome Betsy :)

You're welcome!  Please read the welcome rules regarding bumping your thread....  --Betsy
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 05:25:22 AM by Betsy the Quilter »
Proofreading $0.0015 per word, Copy Editing $0.0035 per word Audiobook Proofing $15 per Finished Hour.
SPECIAL PACKAGE RATE for Beta, Copy Edit, Final Proof and Formatting $0.004 per word.
My Kboards Thread for Testimonials http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,241950.0.html
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
Re: Beta & Proofreading, Copy Editing NOW Audiobook Proofing 20% off all rates
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2016, 06:25:15 AM »
I wanted to advise that I am now offering a new service which I hope will be of value to some people

Audiobook Proofing
Audio books are becoming big business now and an important income stream for many authors. The problem is, they are time consuming to proof, time you might be better off spending promoting or writing. They are also expensive to produce so you need to get the best finished product you can.

For a fixed rate of $20 per finished hour of your audio book we will take away the job of checking the accuracy of the audio file to the manuscript. What do we listen for?

Missed words
Mispronunciation
Extraneous Sounds/Noises
Missed punctuations
Consistency of names/places and how they are spoken.
Any other problems that throw themselves up.

I record all problems on a list marked off with the Chapter Number, the time stamp of the problem, and a description of what the problem is so you can locate it quickly.

This is then something you can use to go back to your narrator to request changes once you have had a chance to check each problem to decide if it does need changing.

Turnaround time will vary dependent on workload and the number of finished hours in the book but roughly speaking allow double the finished book length. So an eight hour book will take a couple of working days to proof fully.

Please note that we cannot fix any technical issues with the file. That is something that is down to the audiobook producer/narrator.

More than happy to do a test proofing on your first chapter to give you a feel for how we work.

Slots available for
Beta Reads @ $0.00075 per word
Proofreading @ $0.0015 per word
Copy Editing @ $0.0035 per word
Audio Proofing @ $20 per finished hour.

All rates subject to 20% discount for KBoards enquiries

Slots through December need filling up and I am now taking bookings into 2017

Contact via PM or this thread and you can also reach me via the website contact form or by emailing me publishing@fadingstreet.com

« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 12:05:31 PM by A Fading Street »
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
Re: Beta & Proofreading, Copy Editing NOW Audiobook Proofing 20% off all rates
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2016, 11:57:23 AM »
Due to a last minute postponement on what will be a long book I find myself at a loose end next week so if anybody has any pre-Christmas editing, proofreading or audio book proofing needs doing, then I'm available for work.

January 2017 is filling up too so if you need work doing, feel free to send in a first chapter and I will be happy to do a test edit so you can see what I offer and how I work.

I always try to go above and beyond expectations so why not give it a try :)

Contact details in the sig below or you can mail me direct publishing@fadingstreet.com or send me a PM through KBoards.
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
Re: Editing and Proofreading BARGAIN PACKAGE RATES for January 2017 Bookings
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2016, 03:36:12 AM »
In an effort to fill up available slots for January 2017 I have come up with what I hope is a bargain package for anyone out there in need of editing, beta reading or proofreading.
All of the individual elements of the package are available separately at normal rates so this is the package rate and consists of

Beta Read with a full written report
Copy Edit/Line edit
Final Proofread once changes are made.
Formatting of the book for ebook publication (this would be standard formatting with title page, working table of contents, copyright statement, links to other books or mailing list). This would be nothing fancy, just a basic formatting that would allow for immediate publishing on Amazon Kindle.

The idea behind the service is to allow an author to go from a basic manuscript to a finished product in easy steps with a sympathetic editor and a friendly shoulder to cry on :)

The rate for the complete package would be $0.004 per word all in and will apply to all slots booked during the next two weeks so if you're not going to be ready until February, book a slot in the next two weeks and you will still be able to take advantage of the offer.

If you purchased all of the elements separately the cost would be USD 5.75c per word so you are saving 30% by buying a package plus you get the formatting into the bargain.

Example costs

20000 word novella $80 all in
50000 word novel $200 all in
70000 word novel $280 all in

Any genre.
Sample edits welcomed.

Contact me via the Yellow Pages link in my signature or direct to publishing@fadingstreet.com or PM via this board/thread.

Tell your friends :) and have a Happy and creative New Year
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 10:21:53 PM by A Fading Street »
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline wingsandwords

• View Profile
Re: Editing and proofreading BARGAIN RATES for January 2017
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2016, 01:40:00 PM »
All right, so I had to come in and talk about this. Absolute compulsion on my end.

We're not even going to get into the fact that Graham is severely undercharging for how much he does. It just needs to be said.

I went into the editing process very antsy, afraid I was going to clash with anyone I worked with because my personality has a habit of hitting people rough, and I just didn't think I'd get along with someone well enough to work on a creative project. Well, I was wrong, hands down. He was so pleasant, so kind--and I do want to emphasis that there's a difference between polite niceness and genuine kindness--went above and beyond the call, understood and matched my writing voice effortlessly, and was available to answer any questions I had with a rapid response time even though we live in wildly different time zones. And I had a lot of questions, and my own fair amount of quirks, and he was so kind and thorough. I felt safe and secure, and I trusted him, and that trust was warranted. It's obvious throughout every step of the process that you're working with a person who cares about your book being its absolute best, not just someone looking to get paid.

The turnaround time is excellent, impeded only by own bad habit of getting an email and thinking I've responded to it when I haven't.

I'll say it again for emphasis, really, above and beyond the call. Having a great editor who understands your voice as an editor, and is able to work with you on the ridiculous schedule that being a creative requires, is one of the most important things as an author. I cannot recommend his services enough.

Izzy Shows | Website

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2016, 11:12:03 PM »
All right, so I had to come in and talk about this. Absolute compulsion on my end.

We're not even going to get into the fact that Graham is severely undercharging for how much he does. It just needs to be said.

I went into the editing process very antsy, afraid I was going to clash with anyone I worked with because my personality has a habit of hitting people rough, and I just didn't think I'd get along with someone well enough to work on a creative project. Well, I was wrong, hands down. He was so pleasant, so kind--and I do want to emphasis that there's a difference between polite niceness and genuine kindness--went above and beyond the call, understood and matched my writing voice effortlessly, and was available to answer any questions I had with a rapid response time even though we live in wildly different time zones. And I had a lot of questions, and my own fair amount of quirks, and he was so kind and thorough. I felt safe and secure, and I trusted him, and that trust was warranted. It's obvious throughout every step of the process that you're working with a person who cares about your book being its absolute best, not just someone looking to get paid.

The turnaround time is excellent, impeded only by own bad habit of getting an email and thinking I've responded to it when I haven't.

I'll say it again for emphasis, really, above and beyond the call. Having a great editor who understands your voice as an editor, and is able to work with you on the ridiculous schedule that being a creative requires, is one of the most important things as an author. I cannot recommend his services enough.

Thank you so much, I'm blushing here  ;D I enjoyed working with you immensely and hopefully your first book will be the success it deserves to be.
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline Scila

• Brazil
    • View Profile
    • Priscilarosa.com
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2017, 12:20:17 PM »
Graham was fast, friendly, and actually found inconsistencies others didn't while proofreading--going beyond what was expected from the job! I totally recommend his services and will probably contact him again for my next book.  :)
Dead and Rotten: 50%
Priscila Santa Rosa | blog | tips for cover design

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2017, 08:56:31 PM »
Graham was fast, friendly, and actually found inconsistencies others didn't while proofreading--going beyond what was expected from the job! I totally recommend his services and will probably contact him again for my next book.  :)

Hi Priscila and thank you for those kind words. It is much appreciated indeed. I really enjoyed working on your book.

I just need to add that there are still slots available for the package deal in January/February

Copy Edit/Line edit
Formatting of the book for ebook publication (this would be standard formatting with title page, working table of contents, copyright statement, links to other books or mailing list). This would be nothing fancy, just a basic formatting that would allow for immediate publishing on Amazon Kindle.

The idea behind the service is to allow an author to go from a basic manuscript to a finished product in easy steps with a sympathetic editor and a friendly shoulder to cry on :)

The rate for the complete package would be $0.004 per word all in and will apply to all slots booked during the next two weeks so if you're not going to be ready until February, book a slot in the next two weeks and you will still be able to take advantage of the offer.

If you purchased all of the elements separately the cost would be USD 5.75c per word so you are saving 30% by buying a package plus you get the formatting into the bargain.

Example costs

Any genre.
Sample edits welcomed.

Contact me via the Yellow Pages link in my signature or direct to publishing@fadingstreet.com or PM via this board/thread.

Tell your friends :) and have a Happy and creative New Year
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 10:20:50 PM by A Fading Street »
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
Re: Editing and proofreading BARGAIN PACKAGE DEAL RATES now extended.
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2017, 01:55:42 PM »
I just wanted to say a big BIG thank you to those who have taken up the package deal offer so far and also to say that I have a few slots that have opened up for week commencing January 23rd for package deals or any other of my services.
The take up for the package deal has been so good that I am going to keep running it for the foreseeable future so if you need work done in February or March and want to book a slot, then go for it :)

Details of the package deal are set out below.

Copy Edit/Line edit

Example costs

Any genre.
Sample edits welcomed.

Tell your friends :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 10:20:06 PM by A Fading Street »
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline SC

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2017, 02:08:49 PM »

The rate for the complete package would be USD 4c per word all in and will apply to all slots booked during the next two weeks so if you're not going to be ready until February, book a slot in the next two weeks and you will still be able to take advantage of the offer.

Example costs

Have you got all your numbers right there? My calculator tells me that a 70k-word novel at $.04 per word would be $2,800.

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2017, 02:55:50 PM »
Have you got all your numbers right there? My calculator tells me that a 70k-word novel at $.04 per word would be $2,800.

My bad, you are quite right. If I state the rate as $4 per thousand words or $.004 per word, I think that works out right. Not enough zeros.
Thanks for pointing that out  :)
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2017, 12:50:13 PM »
Just wanted to come on and say that I have a couple of slots free w/c 23rd for Beta Reading, proofreading or copy editing and that February is now starting to fill so if you need work doing in the next month or so then get in touch to make sure you reserve a slot or if you need something done quicly then grab a slot next week.
Don't forget the package deal offer which is now permanent.

The offer includes

Copy Edit/Line edit

The rate for the complete package would be $0.004 per word all in and will apply to all slots booked in 2017. Make sure you book a slot early as they fill up quickly.

Example costs

Any genre.
Sample edits welcomed.

Contact me via the website link in my signature or direct to publishing@fadingstreet.com or PM via this board/thread.
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline wheart

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2017, 02:35:27 PM »
Wanted to chime in that Graham from A Fading Street was the perfect proofreader for me. He did a FANTASTIC job catching typos, misspellings, wrong word usage, etc. (oops, he told me don't use 'etc.' but I think he'll make an exception here, right, Graham? ;) Plus, he said don't use it in 'fiction' and this here testimonial is NOT a work of fiction, lol, so I'm sure he'll not put the red pen to that). Also, he did all that without messin' with my 'voice' :) . I sooooo appreciated that! I ended up approving most all of his edits/suggestions, which I've never done in the past with previous proofreaders.

I'm going to use him for my next book in my series, but I'm sure he's going to be getting busier booking more authors as he gets popular. So get him while he's cheap, you guys :D, because he really needs to up his prices for his caliber of service.

Anyway, thanks, Graham! I'll be back for more!  :-*

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2017, 02:02:43 PM »
Wanted to chime in that Graham from A Fading Street was the perfect proofreader for me. He did a FANTASTIC job catching typos, misspellings, wrong word usage, etc. (oops, he told me don't use 'etc.' but I think he'll make an exception here, right, Graham? ;) Plus, he said don't use it in 'fiction' and this here testimonial is NOT a work of fiction, lol, so I'm sure he'll not put the red pen to that). Also, he did all that without messin' with my 'voice' :) . I sooooo appreciated that! I ended up approving most all of his edits/suggestions, which I've never done in the past with previous proofreaders.

I'm going to use him for my next book in my series, but I'm sure he's going to be getting busier booking more authors as he gets popular. So get him while he's cheap, you guys :D, because he really needs to up his prices for his caliber of service.

Anyway, thanks, Graham! I'll be back for more!  :-*

Many thanks wheart it was a pleasure working with you and I'll let you off the etc in a post on here :) Hopefully we will work together again soon.

Just to add, slots still available through February and March if you need any work doing. Drop me a line on publishing@fadingstreet.com or check out my Yellow pages listing (link in sig below).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 03:51:56 PM by A Fading Street »
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2017, 09:49:17 PM »
Still slots available through February for Beta Reads, Proofreading and Copy Editing and of course the Beta Read plus Copy Edit plus Proofread plus Formatting Offer is now available permanently at $0.004 per word

The offer includes

Copy Edit/Line edit

The rate for the complete package would be $0.004 per word all in and will apply to all slots booked in 2017. Make sure you book a slot early as they fill up quickly.

If you purchased all of the elements separately the cost would be $0.00575 per word so you are saving 30% by buying a package plus you get the formatting into the bargain.

Example costs

Any genre.
Sample edits welcomed.

Contact me via the website link in my signature or direct to publishing@fadingstreet.com or PM via this board/thread.

Yellow Pages Entry

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2017, 10:05:41 PM »
Just a quick post to say that the package deal is still available to all comers as are each of the individual elements.

I have some slots left available through March and a couple have just opened up for the week commencing 27th if anybody is in need of editing services.
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline Eric the Scott

• Kln, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2017, 11:03:10 AM »
Graham was amazing! Not only did he take my work and turn in into a presentable and professional work, but he did so quickly. I went to Graham after my regular editor became unreliable and he was kind enough to fit me into his very busy schedule so I could keep my deadline. Graham will be my first-choice for editing going forward! Thanks, Graham!

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2017, 02:46:04 PM »
Graham was amazing! Not only did he take my work and turn in into a presentable and professional work, but he did so quickly. I went to Graham after my regular editor became unreliable and he was kind enough to fit me into his very busy schedule so I could keep my deadline. Graham will be my first-choice for editing going forward! Thanks, Graham!
Thank you for the kind words Eric they are much appreciated and I enjoyed working with you and look forward to doing so again.
I just wanted to say in addition that my March schedule is starting to fill up nicely so if you need reliable and friendly editing work doing during March then get in touch to make sure you get your slots reserved. Always happy to do a sample edit for new clients and the package deal rate for a combined beta Read, Copy Edit and Proofread is still ongoing at $0.004 per word.
Contact me by PM on here, direct to publishing@fadingstreet.com or go via the website details in the signature below.
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
Re: Editing and proofreading PACKAGE DEAL RATES now PERMANENT see later posts
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2017, 12:07:20 PM »
A few March slots still available for the ongoing package deal
Beta Read
Copy Edit
Final Proofread
Optional Formatting for EBook
All combined for one price.
If you paid for each section individually it would amount to a cost of $0.00575 per word
Package Deal rate is $0.004 per word representing an approximate 30% discount

As an example a
50K word manuscript would cost $200
70K word manuscript would cost 280

Any genre including non-technical non-fiction, erotica, extreme horror etc where some editors are less keen as well as Fantasy, Romance, Sci-Fi. I love it all!! :)

I also still have slots available for individual editing/proofreading jobs and Beta Reads if you don't need the full package at normal rates

To contact you can email direct on publishing@fadingstreet.com
or PM me via this thread
or take a look at the website and use the contact form on www.fadingstreet.com

I offer a quick and friendly service and always try to go above and beyond what is expected.
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline wingsandwords

• View Profile
Guess who's back? It's me, here to brag about Graham again. I came back for book two because I was so happy with his service, and it was an excellent decision.

I wasn't in a huge rush this time since I was ahead of schedule for book two's launch, so I got to see what the normal turnaround time was--still incredibly fast! That's just how Graham is, once he's on a project he's in the zone! Very professional, but at the same time it feels like you're working with a friend. He's got a very easy personality to get along with, has always been very respectful when bringing up suggestions and corrections, and just overall provides a very pleasant and comfortable experience throughout the entire editing phase.

One of my favorite things is the way he makes little suggestions for ways to perk up a sentence here, a paragraph there, and matches your tone so well.

He's also got a keen eye for words I'm notorious for overusing. I never knew how much I use 'snapped' or 'so' before him!  ;D  Working with him has had a positive effect on my writing process, I can tell that I'm growing with him.

I cannot stress enough what a fantastic editor he is, and he's offering absolutely ludicrous rates. Y'all better get on his schedule before I book him up forever.

Izzy Shows | Website

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
Guess who's back? It's me, here to brag about Graham again. I came back for book two because I was so happy with his service, and it was an excellent decision.

I wasn't in a huge rush this time since I was ahead of schedule for book two's launch, so I got to see what the normal turnaround time was--still incredibly fast! That's just how Graham is, once he's on a project he's in the zone! Very professional, but at the same time it feels like you're working with a friend. He's got a very easy personality to get along with, has always been very respectful when bringing up suggestions and corrections, and just overall provides a very pleasant and comfortable experience throughout the entire editing phase.

One of my favorite things is the way he makes little suggestions for ways to perk up a sentence here, a paragraph there, and matches your tone so well.

He's also got a keen eye for words I'm notorious for overusing. I never knew how much I use 'snapped' or 'so' before him!  ;D  Working with him has had a positive effect on my writing process, I can tell that I'm growing with him.

I cannot stress enough what a fantastic editor he is, and he's offering absolutely ludicrous rates. Y'all better get on his schedule before I book him up forever.

Thanks Izzy, that is really kind of you to say such nice things and I can honestly say that it is a real pleasure to work on your books, looking forward to Book 3 now :)

For anyone out there who wishes to follow the excellent advice in the last line of Izzy's message, I have some, not many, slots left for the end of this month and am now booking into April and May.

Feel free to contact me via this thread, via a PM or through the website www.fadingstreet.com or email me direct publishing@fadingstreet.com

Package deal rate is ongoing at $0.004 per word for an all in Beta Read, Copy Edit, and final proofread.

Yellow Pages Entry

Offline JamesCraft

• View Profile
    • Perfecting the Craft
Just got back my finished proofreading from fading street.  I highly recommend this.  Graham found issues my editor missed.  He works quick and does more than what I paid for.  When book three is ready, Graham will be the first I contact for help.  Thanks again Fading street.

The recommendation means a lot. Thanks!

James Craft | Website | Blog