Author Topic: Beta Read-Proofread-Copy Edit-Substantive Edit-Package Deals-Booking Oct/Nov  (Read 7579 times)  

Offline A Fading Street

• Proofreading $0.0015 per word, Copy Editing $0.003
    • View Profile
    • A Fading Street Publishing Services
So here we are almost through March, I am booked up solidly through April, possibly an odd slot here and there if anyone needs something editing quickly. Spaces available for Beta reads. I am also starting to book through May and have slots available but they are filling up quickly now so if you are looking to have your WIP edited during May and want to give me a try, don't delay :)
The package rate deal is still ongoing at $0.004 per word.
Contact me via
a PM on this site
through the website www.fadingstreet.com
or direct to publishing@fading street.com

Thank you to all the great authors who have entrusted me with their manuscripts :)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 03:43:52 PM by A Fading Street »
A Fading Street Publishing Services
Beta Reading, Proofreading, Copy Editing and Audiobook Proofing.
Proofreading $0.0015 per word, Copy Editing $0.0035 per word Audiobook Proofing $15 per Finished Hour.
SPECIAL PACKAGE RATE for Beta, Copy Edit, Final Proof and Formatting $0.004 per word.
My Kboards Thread for Testimonials http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,241950.0.html
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline FFJ

• View Profile
Just wanted to chime in here that Graham did the proofread for my book, The Pursual and I was extremely pleased with his work. He even found time to chit chat with a newbie like me and provide sound suggestions and advice outside of the proofread.

My follow up will get his thorough edit in May.

Thanks, Graham!

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
Just wanted to chime in here that Graham did the proofread for my book, The Pursual and I was extremely pleased with his work. He even found time to chit chat with a newbie like me and provide sound suggestions and advice outside of the proofread.

My follow up will get his thorough edit in May.

Thanks, Graham!

Thanks FF much appreciated and just to say that anyone on need of editing For June and July, I have slots available at the moment for all elements including the package deal.
Proofreading $0.0015 per word, Copy Editing $0.0035 per word Audiobook Proofing $15 per Finished Hour.
SPECIAL PACKAGE RATE for Beta, Copy Edit, Final Proof and Formatting $0.004 per word.
My Kboards Thread for Testimonials http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,241950.0.html
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
If anyone is in need of editing I would just like to say that June is filling up with a few slots available still and July slots are starting to fill so if you planning releases any time around there and would like to take advantage of the package deal or any other services I offer, please get in touch either
By PM through this site
Through the website www.fadingstreet.com
or email me direct on publishing@fadingstreet.com

Sample edits gladly undertaken and no payments required until I start work on your manuscript.
Yellow Pages Entry

AngelinSydney

Highly recommended.
Absolutely awesome.
This is NOT a paid advertising.

Offline vaughanwsmith

• Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Author Site
Graham came to the rescue for me on my latest release when my booked editor had to cancel at the last minute. Not only is Graham fast, but his work is professional and helpful. He is thorough and consistent which is what you really need in a editor. Highly recommended.

I had a copy edit and proofread done and immediately booked Graham again for the full package.

Vaughan W. Smith | Website | Facebook | Newsletter

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
Many thanks to Vaughan and Nalani. I appreciate you taking the time to post such nice comments.
Thank you both
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
I still have a handful of slots left for June and several in July for anyone planning summer releases and in need of editing.
Feel free to PM me here or you can contact me via the website
www.fadingstreet.com
or direct by email
publishing@fadingstreet.com

:)
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
Down to 2 editing slots slots left for June and several in July for anyone planning summer releases and in need of editing. Beta read slots available right through both months.

Feel free to PM me here or you can contact me via the website
www.fadingstreet.com
or direct by email

:)
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline Adair Hart

• Columbus, Ohio
  • Everything is as it should be
    • View Profile
    • Adair Hart
Graham was one of two proofreaders that I used for my most recent book. He is professional and has an uncanny eye for things. Although I signed up for a proofread, he had some excellent suggestions for other aspects that made sense. My copyeditor had a stylesheet and he took that into account during the proofread. My book is better for having booked him.

The Earthborn Series prequel: 20%
Book 1 of the Earthborn series: 20%
Book 7 of the Evaran Chronicles: 20%

The Evaran Chronicles - Join Evaran and his human companions on their journey through space and time!
Adair Hart | Website | Facebook

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
Graham was one of two proofreaders that I used for my most recent book. He is professional and has an uncanny eye for things. Although I signed up for a proofread, he had some excellent suggestions for other aspects that made sense. My copyeditor had a stylesheet and he took that into account during the proofread. My book is better for having booked him.

Many thanks Adair for that generous comment I really appreciate it and I just wanted to add that slots still available June and July for Editing and Beta Reading
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline sophia ann

• England
    • View Profile
Just had a copy edit done and it was great! Thank you so much. I was in a tight spot with time and needed and good copy edit completed very quickly. Not only was the edit completed in less than a day but the edit was to the best standard! Im definitely going keep you on file for my next edits.  :) Thanks again!

sophia stafford

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
Just had a copy edit done and it was great! Thank you so much. I was in a tight spot with time and needed and good copy edit completed very quickly. Not only was the edit completed in less than a day but the edit was to the best standard! Im definitely going keep you on file for my next edits.  :) Thanks again!
It was a pleasure :) To be fair it was only one chapter though :)
Now booking remaining slots in July and filling up slots available through August.
Package rate price for Beta Read, Copy Edit and final Proofread still held at $0.004 per word.
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
I still have a few spots available through July and August to fill if anyone needs editing work doing.
Beta Read. Copy Edit and Proofread package deal @ $0.004 per word still available.
Contact me either through a PM through KBoards, direct on publishing@fadingstreet.com or send a message through the website www.fadingstreet.com
Happy to sample edit for proofreading and copy editing up to 3000 words or something close :)
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
Having at last persuaded my other half to become involved in the business I now have extra slots available from mid-July onwards so if you need editing work or beta reading around then or want to talk about reserving slots later in the year drop me a line.
I am also looking at offering some new services from that time, some of which might be useful for authors who know their work needs editing but who just do not have the funds to pay for a full editing package.

The new services are

A Look Inside Edit- either a proofread, or a copy edit of the first 10% of your manuscript to cover the part that is available through your Amazon Look Inside feature. Alongside the cover and the blurb it is one of the three main sales tools at your disposal. Happy to offer a 500 word sample edit for either service. While this won't stop bad reviews if there are problems past the first 10%, our experience is that most of the problems in a manuscript, will be made early in the book then repeated through the rest so using this service in conjunction with carrying through the edits in highlighted problem areas yourself will likely pick up most of the issues in your book. Usual rates including the package deal apply subject to a minimum of $10.
So for example if you want a proofread on the first 10% of your 50000 word manuscript it will cost just $10. A 10% proofread on a 100K manuscript would be $15.
For a Copy Edit on a similar basis ie 10% of the manuscript, the cost would be $17.50 for a 50K manuscript or $35 for a 100K.
Our package deal rate for a copy edit followed by a final proofread on the first 10% would be $20 for a 50K manuscript or $40 for a 100K
Because of the relatively small amounts our 20% discount for new clients does not apply and the word count edited would be dependent on the length of your finished manuscript.
For details of what is involved in a proofread or a copy edit take a look at the Yellow pages listing or our website www.fadingstreet.com

Dialog Only Edit.
Dialog accounts, in our experience, for something like 50 to 75% of most fiction books and is the main source of punctuation and grammar problems for many authors.If you struggle with dialog punctuation and grammar this service may be ideal for you. Essentially this edit will be a combination of proofread and copy edit but solely on your dialog. We will check each line of dialog, and it's associated tags for typos, grammar and punctuation errors with the objective of ensuring that every line of dialog is technically correct but, in addition, where dialog appears to be out of character or it is unclear who is speaking, this will also be highlighted and suggested changes offered. We will also check that each dialog tag is in order and suggest changes where inappropriate speech tags for instance are evident or where weak adjectives or use of adverbs in tags are excessive. What this edit will NOT pick up are any plot inconsistencies that occur as part of the dialog or tags. Again, this is not a full edit and will best apply to authors who struggle with setting out and controlling their dialog sections and hopefully offered in a way to help authors with limited funds.
To account for the fact that only a portion of the book is being edited the rate for this is $0.0025 per word based on the full length of your manuscript so if your manuscript is 50K words in total, the cost to carry out the Dialog Only Edit would be $125. A 100K word manuscript would be $250. Again sample edits gladly undertaken.

Neither of the new services offer anything more than partial solutions to editing issues, I realise that but, where funds are limited, they might suit you and your budget.

If you need standard editing, beta reading, or would like to give either of the new services a try get in touch, either
By PM through KBoards
Direct Email: publishing@fadingstreet.com

Yellow Pages Entry

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
Just a quick boost up to say that I still have spaces available for all kinds of editing jobs from Beta Reads through to Copy Edits and including the package deal for July and August. If you need any work done and want to give us a try or to book slots later in the year drop us a line

direct via: publishing@fadingstreet.com or
via the website  www.fadingstreet.com

Cheers
Graham :)
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
Despite a reasonable level of interest in the new services and the package deal, we still have slots available through July and August for all of the services we offer.

Drop me a line either

direct via: publishing@fadingstreet.com or
via the website  www.fadingstreet.com

Thank you to everyone who is been in touch in the last couple of wweeks. I truly appreciate it :)
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
Just a quick thank you to everyone who has been in touch in the last couple of weeks and also to say that August is now starting to fill up so if you need any editing work carrying out please do get in touch either through the website
www.fadingstreet.com
through email
or through a PM through KBoards

with the extra help I now have from my dearly beloved I am also now in a position to talk to anyone who is interested in using me as a ghostwriter. This would of course be secondary to my editing work but if you can't face finishing a series or need a prequel as a giveaway or are looking to supplement existing series but just haven't got the time to devote to it, drop me a line and let's talk. Primarily my interests would lie in sci-fi, fantasy both urban and epic, crime/detective fiction or suspense although I am relatively adaptable in terms of style and happy to write in British English or US English. Rates would depend on the amount of detail I would have to work with but would start at $0.03 per word. I do have some samples available for anyone who is interested.

many thanks again to everybody.
Graham :)

Yellow Pages Entry

Online JDMatheny

• View Profile
    • Website
Throwing in my endorsement for Graham at Fading Street.  Currently my debut novel is with him for copy editing and proofreading.  The Beta Read is complete and I was really happy with his comments and suggestions.  The ideas he provided for improving the work really resonated with me and I've made changes based on his suggestions that I feel make the story stronger.  I'll be placing my second novel in his hands, as well.

Very pleasant and responsive to work with!

J.D.Matheny | Facebook |Website

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
Throwing in my endorsement for Graham at Fading Street.  Currently my debut novel is with him for copy editing and proofreading.  The Beta Read is complete and I was really happy with his comments and suggestions.  The ideas he provided for improving the work really resonated with me and I've made changes based on his suggestions that I feel make the story stronger.  I'll be placing my second novel in his hands, as well.

Very pleasant and responsive to work with!
Thanks very much JD I appreciate the kind words. :)
I do still have a few slots available during August and into September if anyone is in need of editing services or for ghostwriting projects.
www.fadingstreet.com
publishing@fadingtreet.com
or
send me a PM through this site
Yellow Pages Entry

Online Lilly_Frost

• View Profile
Another satisfied customer reporting!  Graham did the copy editing and proofreading for my husband's novel. The comments were very helpful, drawing attention to issues to be on the lookout for in the future books.

Thanks again!

Leroy Nichols | Square Root of Time

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
Another satisfied customer reporting!  Graham did the copy editing and proofreading for my husband's novel. The comments were very helpful, drawing attention to issues to be on the lookout for in the future books.

Thanks again!

My pleasure Lilly_Frost. Hopefully the book will do well and the day job will be a distant memory :) I appreciate the kind words.
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
Bookings are now filling up for September so if anyone needs editing work doing, the time is ripe to book your spot :)

Package Deals
Deal One-Our ongoing deal for Beta Read, Copy-Edit and Proofread for %0.004 per word. This has proved very popular so is now a permanent offer.

Deal Two-We are also now offering what we are calling Substantive Editing but in our case we also are offering, as part of this separate package deal to include the Copy-Editing and Proofreading stages as part of the process so not only will you get a chapter by chapter report on things like plotting/pacing/character development and the effectiveness of both narrative AND dialog sections, a complete breakdown of the main characters, their actions and interactions and where these could be improved. A breakdown of the descriptions used within the book and any suggestions for how they could be improved and of course praise for those parts that work well already :). No in-book editing at this stage although there will be comments left throughout to explain or add to what is mentioned in the report. For us the ley consideration in all editing work is that it is your story and it is told in your voice. That is something at forefront of all suggestions we make, to maintain your voice.
The report we produce runs to several pages and contains guidance for really making your story the best it can possibly be with the added benefit of having three editing passes-
Pass One-The Substantive Edit-A full written report highlighting all of those things already mentioned-
Pass Two, A copy edit as per above-
Pass Three A final Proofread to catch those last few mistakes.

All this at a rate of $0.01 per word so a 50000 word manuscript would cost $500 for the complete package.

For a Substantive Edit alone the rate would be $0.008

For this  package deal we are happy to offer a free sample edit of up to 5000 words

Buying the elements seperately would cost $0.013 oer word so the package deal represents great value.

In order to make best use of this service it is important that the manuscript is finished rather than in early draft form. We are of course happy to look over early drafts and if that is something you think would benefit the book then get in touch and we can see if we can reach a mutually agreeable cost.

Thanks to all the new clients who have come on board these last few weeks :)

For new enquiries you can get hold of us on

or by PM through KBoards
Yellow Pages Entry

Offline TonyD

• Vancouver BC, Canada
    • View Profile
My book is 83k words. Would you take a beta read for me? It is the third draft. I posted a thread. It is called "Islands." A noir, road/travel story/mystery.

Tony D Newton |  |

Offline A Fading Street

• View Profile
My book is 83k words. Would you take a beta read for me? It is the third draft. I posted a thread. It is called "Islands." A noir, road/travel story/mystery.
Hi Tony, absolutely, I'd be happy to. I'll send you a PM with the details or if you want to drop me a line on publishing@fadingstreet.com if you see this first and hopefully we can sort out a date etc.
Cheers
Graham
Yellow Pages Entry