Kindle Forum banner

Changes in the KBoard's Header?

4K views 34 replies 8 participants last post by  Atunah 
#1 ·
Obviously the header and dropdown menus changed today.  I'm not one to go clicking around on new icons until I know where they are going to take me.

Are the circles on the right what are going to get us to PMs and into chat?  Messages are still available from a dropdown under My KBoards, but I don't see an indicator anymore that we have unread messages waiting?

#2 ·
Changes changes  :-\

One of those bubble thingies on the right is the chat. The middle one. I had to hover of the last 2 to figure out what they were and they both go to the same blog link.

No more indicator for new messages I guess. Not that I get that many, but it was nice to see without having to go there.

Drop downs seem to be more condensed. I think? I can't recall now what it looked like before.  :-\

#4 ·
Atunah said:
One of those bubble thingies on the right is the chat. The middle one. I had to hover of the last 2 to figure out what they were and they both go to the same blog link.
I thought the Southern heat had finally got to Atunah, as I saw nothing remotely bubble-like when viewing this on my iPad Pro. I shifted from Safari to Chrome, and in Chome I DO see the bubbles! Weirder yet, when I got out my iPhone, I can see the bubbles, even in safari. Same for my iPad Air. Just for fun, I pulled out my Fire HDX, and after blowing off the dust, I could see the bubbles. But they still aren't there on my iPad Pro, even after refreshing.

I concluded I have too many gadgets, and also that we iPad Pro owners are clearly downtrodden and discriminated against. :eek: Probably not the most important thing you need to fix...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I solved the mystery!

I have the Purify content (ad) blocker turned on on my IPad Pro. When I turned it off, the bubbles are there! Somehow, it thinks the Bubbles are ads. My clue was thinking about the blank banner ad. But this apparently means that I don't have the content blocker enabled on my other devices. I must decide if that's a good thing or bad thing.....

#8 ·
Atunah said:
Don't know what a content blocker is, but I run adblocker on google and I have the bubbles. But then I also have the featured book as I can't figure out how to fiddle with the thing.
They are basically similar....but what is weird is that with content blocker on or off on my iPhone or iPad Air, I can see the bubbles, but not with my iPad Pro! What a mystery! But it isn't really a KBoards problem....

#9 ·
Yes!  Really just a freshening up . . . do please click the menu buttons and see what the options are. The idea was to keep it functional, but a bit less 'busy'.

We've already let the tech people know that we want the messages number back . . . you should see it soon.

PMs are only under the 'My Kboards' option.  The Chat is the green circle with speech bubbles.  The two other icons are kind of placeholders at this time, I believe.

Claw -- if you can articulate what's happening for you as regards the bubbles for FB etc, send Betsy and I a PM and we'll forward it to the tech guy to take a look. Betsy uses an iPad all the time and she hadn't mentioned it as an issue when we were in testing . . . but I'm not sure I mentioned that they were there so she may not have known they were supposed to be! :eek:

#10 ·
It sounds like Claw has solved the problem?  And I definitely can see them.

Our Tech Admin says he's working on the PM message numbers thing.

Betsy

#11 ·
Yes, the problem is solved...my ad blocking software thinks your bubbles are advertisements! Not a KB issue. Sorry I wasn't more articulate...

#13 ·
Channeling Rihanna:
I feel so dumb right now*.

All of a sudden, I cannot for the life of me manage to click on the "Read Your Messages" tab. Hitting the "My KBoards" tab is fine. Hitting the "My Messages" tab is fine. But when I try to move over to "Read Your Messages," no matter how quickly/slowly/straightly/uply/downly/carefully I manuever, the selection field disappears as soon as I mouse past the edge of the dropdown selection area for "My Messages." I've tried using the arrow keys, also without success.

I first noticed it late last night, then remembered this thread and Betsy saying they'd be working on displaying the numbers, so I thought maybe it was deactivated while they do that - this morning it was okay (which made me think my original assumption was correct) but now it's doing it again and I'm wondering if I've just forgotten how to use a mouse.

Anyone else?

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3UjJ4wKLkg

#14 ·
SerenityEditing said:
Channeling Rihanna:
I feel so dumb right now*.

All of a sudden, I cannot for the life of me manage to click on the "Read Your Messages" tab. Hitting the "My KBoards" tab is fine. Hitting the "My Messages" tab is fine. But when I try to move over to "Read Your Messages," no matter how quickly/slowly/straightly/uply/downly/carefully I manuever, the selection field disappears as soon as I mouse past the edge of the dropdown selection area for "My Messages." I've tried using the arrow keys, also without success.

I first noticed it late last night, then remembered this thread and Betsy saying they'd be working on displaying the numbers, so I thought maybe it was deactivated while they do that - this morning it was okay (which made me think my original assumption was correct) but now it's doing it again and I'm wondering if I've just forgotten how to use a mouse.

Anyone else?

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3UjJ4wKLkg
Its the same for me, so I just hit the "my messages" and gave up trying to catch the read messages. Doing so always brings up the newest messages to the top anyway. Looking forward the notifications though.

#15 ·
Atunah said:
Its the same for me, so I just hit the "my messages" and gave up trying to catch the read messages. Doing so always brings up the newest messages to the top anyway. Looking forward the notifications though.
Glad I got the "I feel so dumb right now" part out in the first message. Somehow out of all the things I tried, it never occurred to me I could try that one. :-[ Thanks!

ETA: SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DUMB. lol

#16 ·
As Atunah points out, just clicking my messages will take you to the same place. What you have to do is make sure you aren't sliding downward to where the messages part is not the selected section. It does seem to be extremely sensitive, however, to where you have the mouse. Sometimes it seems to work fine, and sometimes it doesn't. We'll pass this on to the tech guy.

I did notice that, if you look closely, there's a very slight change of shading depending on what you've selected. I think I'll suggest to our tech people that that shading change be more pronounced so it's easier to tell when you are still on one option or have moved to the next.

Keep the suggestions coming! I know he's working on the notification of messages waiting. :)

#20 ·
Old thread, but a new addition to the header so I didn't start another thread.

As of this morning, right above the Home link on the header is the question, "Has KBoards been helpful to you?" It's not a clickable link, it doesn't have a corresponding thread anywhere (that I can find) to respond.  Why is the question there if responses aren't wanted/expected?

#21 ·
crebel said:
Old thread, but a new addition to the header so I didn't start another thread.

As of this morning, right above the Home link on the header is the question, "Has KBoards been helpful to you?" It's not a clickable link, it doesn't have a corresponding thread anywhere (that I can find) to respond. Why is the question there if responses aren't wanted/expected?
I think you're supposed to click the "Donate" button if the answer is yes. :)

But it would be cool if it went to a thread somewhere, maybe in the suggestions section, for people express appreciation or let us know concerns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.