Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.
KB Featured
TBD
by TBD

$0.00
Kindle Edition published 2016-01-12
Bestseller ranking: 757432

Product Description
With the odd disappearance of her parents, Gussie Gibson has lived her entire life with her granny on a peaceful pecan orchard, owned by the meanest man in all of Georgia—Mr. J.P. Combs. Granny teaches Gussie many valuable life lessons as a black woman growing up in the still-segregated south. Mr. Combs is an evil underhanded banker who takes liberties beyond his privilege. When Granny dies, Combs informs Gussie she owes him back rent—but he wants much more than money for payment—and more than Gussie can live with.
After defending herself against his sexual advances, Gussie flees to escape certain vigilante justice when she meets a charming, handsome stranger, Sam Johnson, who is just returning from World War II.
Gussie and Sam’s friendship is short-lived when Mr. Combs hunts her down and drags her back to Green Ridge, driven by his craving for revenge and a grudge too deep to comprehend. Gussie fights to return to Sam and his lo...

Author Topic: Graphic Novels and ComiXology  (Read 291 times)  

Offline James.L.G

• View Profile
Graphic Novels and ComiXology
« on: May 30, 2017, 01:24:45 AM »
I'm fairly new here but I Would love to know if a Forum could be created relating to Comics, Graphic Novels and ComiXology 

Does anyone on KBoards read Graphic Novels, or Comics on their Kindle? I've used the ComiXology app and the CloudReader app via iPad.

I have a vested interest as I have been trying to help friends of mine with their Graphic Novel Serial launch. There is sparse useful up to date information about best practices for indies. Certainly nothing like the amazing insights you can get from spending a few minutes on KBoards.

ComiXology is owned by Amazon and Graphic Novels are listed on the normal Amazon site also. So I assume much of the same principles apply to a launch strategy as a Novel. However, I'm hesitant to ask advice, in the writers cafe forum, due to the likelihood that the audience and experience won't translate.

It could be a good opportunity for KBoards to dive into an area that lacks a strong central forum for ideas and community.

It might also fall flat and have no one in it. 

It's just a suggestion. And I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on it. Especially readers of Graphic Novels. It's possible I haven't come across a vibrant forum that already exists (besides Reddit), got GN's.

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
Re: Graphic Novels and ComiXology
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 02:00:42 AM »
We do have some members who read graphic novels, however, I can't say that we've had enough activity to warrant a separate forum.

I recommend, for now, that you start a dedicated support thread in the Writers' Cafe for Graphic Novel authors.  Support threads for specific genres have done well in the Cafe.  The success of that will tell us more about the level of interest.

Betsy
KB Mod
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline James.L.G

• View Profile
Re: Graphic Novels and ComiXology
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 11:18:39 PM »
We do have some members who read graphic novels, however, I can't say that we've had enough activity to warrant a separate forum.

Thanks Betsy, I think you are right about the lack of activity. This is evidenced by the lack of a chorus of responses joining in this thread.

I will go and try to work out how to make a dedicated support thread.  ::)

And thank you kind moderator.