Author Topic: NEW Prime benefit: Prime Reading -- different to KOLL  (Read 1606 times)  

Offline MrKnucklehead

• View Profile
Re: NEW Prime benefit: Prime Reading -- different to KOLL
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2016, 04:01:22 AM »
Sure. Go to Amazon and type "Prime Reading" in the search bar. That page includes all the books in the program, but some others as well. For a more accurate list, click the 'Prime Reading' link at the top of that page.

Thanks Ann,

is there any way to view magazines on my Kindle Voyage???

I downloaded Time magazine, it showed up on my two Kindle Fire's but didn't show up on home screen of my Voyage...

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Countdown to Doctor Who -- April 15
    • View Profile
Re: NEW Prime benefit: Prime Reading -- different to KOLL
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2016, 04:28:59 AM »
Thanks Ann,

is there any way to view magazines on my Kindle Voyage???

I downloaded Time magazine, it showed up on my two Kindle Fire's but didn't show up on home screen of my Voyage...

Depends on the magazine, I think. Some are optimized for tablet reading -- 'cause they have normal 'magazine' layout and lots of color images. Others that are mostly text, do o.k. on the Kindles vs Fires.

I just checked several magazines available via Prime Reading -- you can tell what devices they'll work on by looking at the 'deliver' drop down.

Time works on Fire on my Fire, phone, or tablet, but NOT on my Voyage. Interestingly, it can be sent to my Oasis? I feel like that could be a mistake? May try it. ;)

The Atlantic is good on any of my devices -- though not 'cloud reader' or on either of my Win10 machines.

Money, Architectural Digest, Sports Illustrated, and Cooking Light are only good for Fire, phone, and tablet.

The New Yorker is good on all kindles and Fires on my account, but NOT on my android phone or tablet via the kindle app.

Incidentally -- these are all, apparently, also available via Kindle Unlimited -- a benefit that they don't talk up much. Magazines I mean. There are some that I would definitely be interested in looking at now and again, though I wouldn't necessarily want to pay for a subscription. In the past, I've sometimes purchased 'per issue'. This is WAY BETTER, since I'm already a Prime member -- or for those already subscribed to KU (which, actually, I am, but my subscription expires in a month or so and I won't be renewing.)

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac