by M. R. Mathias

$ 3.99
Kindle Edition published 2017-07-09
Bestseller ranking: 7257

Product Description
Taerak's Void
(Book One of Fantastica)
A new series by multiple award winning author, M. R. Mathias

After finding a strange medallion and some maps with markings that no one in his village can understand, Braxton Bray decides to take it all to the Hall of Scholars in the kingdom's capital. But greed is everywhere. Braxton and a tough young female caravan guard named Nixy are forced to run for their lives, for someone else wants what Braxton found and is willing to go to great lengths to take it from him.

With a hefty, kingdom wide, bounty on their heads, not even the great wizards of the Sorcerious can help them. Left with nothing but each other, Braxton and Nixy have no choice but to get on a ship and go on an adventure that will take them places they would have otherwise never imagined. Elves, dwarves, giant gothicans, and trolls, treacherous forests on distant shores, love, death, terror, and magic all await...

Author Topic: Damaged Kindle - recyclable or sellable?  (Read 1360 times)  

Offline lilikatherine

• View Profile
Damaged Kindle - recyclable or sellable?
« on: October 05, 2016, 06:38:54 AM »
I loaned my kindle (basic) and when it came back, it still charges and turns on, but the bottom corner of the screen only shows lines. The rest of the screen can be viewed. It looks like something heavy was dropped on the corner. It's not damaged externally, just visible when turned on.  Can it be recycled? If so, where? It's about 3 years old, and not a top of the line model, but I just don't want it to go into a landfill.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Offline lilikatherine

• View Profile
Re: Damaged Kindle - recyclable or sellable?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 06:48:48 AM »
Forgot to say I purchased this directly from a friend and NOT from Amazon.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Let's go NATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 09:25:26 AM »
So, even though it's over a year old, Amazon has been known to give a discount on a replacement device if you are willing to return the damaged one. I don't know if they recycle or repair or what, but it's worth a call to Kindle customer service to see what they can do for you.

What you describe as happening basically means that the screen has been damaged. It's not reparable -- unless you want to replace the screen yourself which, if you like to play with electronics, you can probably find out how to do with some Googling. No idea if it can be recycled as other electronics are -- you'd have to ask the place that accepts the items.

That said, the basic kindle is currently only about $80 . . .. $50 if you're a Prime member for a limited time. So it wouldn't be terribly expensive to buy a new one that would have a full year warranty.

Or, you might be able to get one cheaper -- or a higher end model for about the same money -- if you check "Warehouse Deals" on Amazon.  They have a number of PapeWhite models on sale as well as the older basic kindles.  I'm not seeing that they are directly sold by Amazon, though, so there's no warranty on them.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline JayandFunGoo

• New York
  • I'm looking to make new friends. Please message me
    • View Profile
    • i Like Ebooks
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 02:44:18 PM »
ebay it...
Authors - Click here and submit your book for promotion. It only takes 5 minutes :-)