Author Topic: "Amazon Music Unlimited" released  (Read 1438 times)  

Online The Hooded Claw

• Oklahoma
  • Card-carrying melodrama villain
    • View Profile
    • All about me....<hee hee>
Re: "Amazon Music Unlimited" released
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2016, 06:07:28 PM »
Okay, I guess I can stop feeling embarrassed as an overexuberant gadget hound about my two Echoes....

(Make your own reading bar)
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."  - Albert Einstein

Offline docmama28

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2016, 08:14:16 PM »
I signed up for the $79.00 plan free trial the first day it was offered.  My echo"system" consists of my original echo in my kitchen, a second echo at my mother-in-law"s house in another state, 2 dots at each of my college aged kids' apartments, and a tap in my bedroom.  I've noticed that if someone else requests music on their device it will suddenly kick me off if I'm also listening (this happened the first time while I was listening on my iPhone during my hour long commute  home) and I'll see a message that says something like "music is being used on another device, would you like to switch to this device" and then I think it also gives you the option for you to change over to regular prime. I noticed a third offering for the service on the Amazon website that's called the Family Plan for $14.99 a month for up to 6 devices at a time (I think).  I'll probably opt for that plan when it becomes available. I really like this service; it has a much better selection of music. I like that you just ask it to play any song and you don't have to specify prime music or Pandora. I'm pretty sure that I keep getting kicked off by my 85 year old mother-in-law, she LOVES her echo and uses it to play music for her daily card games with her friends. So my friends, it looks like when they say one echo at a time they actually mean one device at at time whether it's the iPhone app or your computer or your echo or your Dot.

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
  • How could you not smile back at Bonnie?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2016, 08:16:57 AM »
Not much sleep last night.  While in bed thinking about Echos and Amazon Music plans, etc., etc., etc.  I called this morning with some questions.  This time told Echo plan is tied to one Echo.  Can change by calling Amazon, not just going to MYD page. 

So I switched to Individual plan  / $79 per year.  You can do that on-line.  Go to Amazon front page, hover over Your Account, click on Your Music Subscriptions.  Bunch of stuff there.

Learning how to request music from Echo is ongoing process. 

My bro beagle (1954-1966).  I still miss him big time.
His last collar hangs on my bedpost.

Online Elizabeth Ann West

• Schenectady, NY
  • Our doubts are traitors...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2016, 03:31:02 PM »
This might not be anyone else's experience but I use the Amazon Music app on my Mac when I write. Since the change, it's been buggy as all get out! It won't keep me logged in, it crashes, it won't play Prime music.

I've always loved Amazon's music over others because of the no DRM, but this spottiness to the computer app is not making me want to invest in the more pricey plan at all. And to be honest, I want my Prime music to go back to working well like it was!

Jane-of-all-trades, mistress to none!
Elizabeth Ann West | Read My Stories Free!

Online Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2016, 04:37:30 PM »
I haven't noticed any differences in how regular prime music and music app works on my end. I used it on my desktop, on my FireTV and on my Echo. In fact I just went from upstairs computer to down stairs fireTV with no issue. I have a mix of prime music, my own music. So far works flawless for me. But I haven't subscribed to the extra thingie, just the regular prime music.

I don't know anything about Mac's, but is there such a thing as cleaning out the cache? I just got the new music app I thin its blue now on my Desktop W10 frankenstein. I call it that as its many years old and I just keep it going by putting in new things in its slots as it needs. Last W10 update crashed it to the point of now return so I had to reinstall W10, which then made me have to get the new music app. I guess I never updated the old one.

Member since 11/20/2008 | Atunah's Romance Haus | Goodreads |
It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach -- Diana Gabaldon, Outlander

Online gdae23

• NYC
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2016, 08:43:34 PM »
I decided to do the trial for the $79 a year plan, and signed up yesterday. I mostly like it so far, but I did notice something today. For some albums, not all tracks are available, at least not on this plan. (Not sure if the whole album is available for the full fee plan.)

I'm wondering if this same situation exists with the other services, or just with Amazon Unlimited. If anyone uses (or has used) other streaming services, especially Apple or Spotify premium, perhaps you could comment on this.

Online The Hooded Claw

• Oklahoma
  • Card-carrying melodrama villain
    • View Profile
    • All about me....<hee hee>
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2016, 09:26:04 PM »
I decided to do the trial for the $79 a year plan, and signed up yesterday. I mostly like it so far, but I did notice something today. For some albums, not all tracks are available, at least not on this plan. (Not sure if the whole album is available for the full fee plan.)

I'm wondering if this same situation exists with the other services, or just with Amazon Unlimited. If anyone uses (or has used) other streaming services, especially Apple or Spotify premium, perhaps you could comment on this.

I'd noticed some partial albums in the free Prime Music. I'm not trying the new service, so couldn't say.

(Make your own reading bar)
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."  - Albert Einstein

Online gdae23

• NYC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2016, 09:44:10 PM »
I'd noticed some partial albums in the free Prime Music. I'm not trying the new service, so couldn't say.

It was the same when Amazon music first started, and Amazon told us that any CDs we purchased from Amazon would automatically be added to the cloud. Many albums of mine were missing tracks. I'm wondering if the music companies are restricting certain tracks across the board (for all streaming services) or just for Amazon. Maybe that's the trade-off for getting a somewhat cheaper subscription price from Amazon than from other services.

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2016, 05:48:27 AM »
I'm on a MacBook Pro.  I signed up for Individual Plan for $79/year.  So . . . .

As I like the sound out of my Echo, I don't play Prime or Unlimited music out of my Mac.  I wouldn't expect to have a problem with it if I did?

I rarely, virtually never, request Echo to play an album to know if it's all or part of it so can't help with that.  Mostly I just request, "Shuffle (artist's name)."

I did request an album that Amazon was unable to get rights to play in Music Unlimited.  I called and talked to them about it.  Movie soundtrack of Camelot.  They have Broadway, but not the movie.

When I was talking to the Amazon rep about it, I asked where he was -- Cape Town, South Africa!  Now whenever I'm talking to an Amazon, Apple, etc., etc. rep/tech I ask, "Where are you?"  Yeah, where in the whole wide world?

« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 05:54:58 AM by Sandpiper »

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2016, 06:01:13 AM »
Geeez, now I've found another album that isn't available in Amazon Music UNLIMITED.  No Big Surprise - The Steve Goodman Anthology.  Music UNLIMITED.  NOT!  Seems to be very LIMITED to me.  Pay for a couple more albums than Prime?

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2016, 02:02:20 PM »
Garth Brooks was on Ellen today.  Until now he has never allowed his music to be streamed, etc. by any music business.  He's now on Amazon Music.  He likes the people there and specifics about Amazon's music service.  Today everyone in Ellen's audience got an Echo and a year of Amazon Music Unlimited.