KB Featured Book
No Direction Home
by Elizabeth Burns

$0.00
Kindle Edition published 2017-05-20
Bestseller ranking: 81281

Product Description
Hunter Grayson flits from job to job, relationship to relationship, continent to continent until thetragic death of her parents brings her back to her childhood home.While trying to figure out how to move forward, she meets wild, fun Natalya Haven, who quickly becomes the sister she never had. But when Natalya moves in, their friendship unravels.
A second tragedy sends Hunter to a small town in New Mexico, a town out of her own past. For Hunter, that's more than a coincidence, that's fate. Natalya's family will fill the void in her life. Natalya's parents will become her parents. She and Natalya's brother will fall in love. But nothing is ever that simple....

Author Topic: List of potential reviewers from Amazon  (Read 2554 times)  

Offline kittyfirst00

• View Profile
List of potential reviewers from Amazon
« on: October 14, 2016, 10:17:53 AM »
I created a site http://bookgeebee.com

We will add new list of potential reviewers monthly.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 10:38:24 AM by kittyfirst00 »

Online Bickernicks

• Buzzards Bay, MA
    • View Profile
    • A Dead Guy
Re: FREE List of potential reviewers from Amazon
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 07:20:14 PM »
Cool stuff!

BDSM billionaire romance - I know it was a BOOK, but now it's an entire genre? :-P

Offline kittyfirst00

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 08:33:52 PM »
Cool stuff!

BDSM billionaire romance - I know it was a BOOK, but now it's an entire genre? :-P

Haha,  sorry for that.  I'm not an author nor a reader.  I just found out that there are some service like bookrazor charge  $$$ for these reviewers so I decided to provide it for free. 

Btw it would be better if you can help me categorize my list.

Offline kittyfirst00

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 08:38:43 PM »
great, more spam.

All these lists really do, is encourage people to NOT review books. They don't sign up to be harassed when they leave a review, folks. I know I hate it, and it has cut down on my reviewing. Because I don't want to get spam from someone to review their book or product.

I think they can remove their email address in their profile if they don't want to be spammed. If you share your email on public you should expect that you might get spam. 😁

Offline VMJaskiernia

• Fantasy romance imbued with darkness
    • View Profile
    • The Noctuinad
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 10:16:57 PM »
I'm just getting a solid white page with download buttons every so often.
V. M. Jaskiernia | Blog | Twitter | Facebook Group

Offline kittyfirst00

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 10:25:22 PM »
I'm just getting a solid white page with download buttons every so often.

It's working fine here.

Offline VMJaskiernia

• Fantasy romance imbued with darkness
    • View Profile
    • The Noctuinad
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 10:31:02 PM »
It's working fine here.

*Shrug* I can though download the files, so it's fine. Thanks for the resource!
V. M. Jaskiernia | Blog | Twitter | Facebook Group

Offline kittyfirst00

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 10:38:10 PM »
I've added 100+ new genres to the site :) Feel free to download any reviewers list you want.

Offline ImaWriter

• Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2017, 07:18:15 AM »
   ;D

Online josielitton

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 08:16:26 AM »
This looks great and I really appreciate you making it available. I'd just like to get some guidance from people who have approached these reviewers. How did you phrase your request? What kind of response in general did you get? Thanks!

Offline Adam_Nox

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 09:27:36 AM »
This list would be much better if it filtered out reviewers who only review immensely popular or trendy titles or those based on popular movies and tv shows.  These people are very unlikely to want to read an indie novel.

Offline Alix Adale

• Pacific Northwest
  • Paranormal passion--embrace the night.
    • View Profile
    • alixadale.com
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2017, 10:14:18 AM »
Cool lists! Vampire Romance would be a great category to add.
Paranormal passion--embrace the night.

AlixAdale.com | @Alixadale | Goodreads

Online Philip Gibson

• Laos (Moved from Yorkshire)
  • Philip and Cookie the Dog
    • View Profile
    • Hashtag Histories
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2017, 04:41:51 AM »
I can't seem to copy any of the reviewer email addresses.  Do we have to use some kind of paid service to download the addresses?

Philip

What if there had been social media during important historical events?
Philip Gibson | Hashtag Histories | Word By Word Graded Readers for Children

Offline kittyfirst00

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2017, 07:38:48 AM »
@Philip You can download any list for $0.99 I'm doing this to keep the site alive, as I'm paying for domain + hosting, and spend time to collect and update this list of reviewers.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Let's go NATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2017, 09:06:38 AM »
@Philip You can download any list for $0.99 I'm doing this to keep the site alive, as I'm paying for domain + hosting, and spend time to collect and update this list of reviewers.

Now I'm confused. The thread title is "FREE list of potential reviewers".  99 cents isn't much, but it's not "free".

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline kittyfirst00

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2017, 09:22:31 AM »
@Ann It's free to view the list of reviewers, but they have to pay 99 cents if they want to download the list.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 09:27:07 AM by kittyfirst00 »

Offline BellaJames

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 09:32:32 AM »
@Ann It's free to view the list of reviewers, but they have to pay 99 cents if they want to download the list.

You need to be more transparent and honest. It's not completely free, people have to share your website through twitter, facebook or google to access anything on your site.
My pop up blocker blocked something too.

On your about us page, you don't mention that people have to pay to download the list. On the list of genres page, you don't mention it again.

Why is your about us page blank?
Where is the information about how to pay for this service?

« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 09:37:29 AM by BellaJames »

Offline kittyfirst00

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2017, 09:34:47 AM »
@BellaJames Sorry for that, I just started building the site a few days ago, I'll update the about us page.

Offline BellaJames

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2017, 09:39:51 AM »
@BellaJames Sorry for that, I just started building the site a few days ago, I'll update the about us page.

I think you should have built the site and set it up with all the information, prices, ways to pay etc and launched it properly. Then posted about it here and on social media. You have an incomplete site and no info about payments. This thread title is misleading.

Offline kittyfirst00

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2017, 09:45:34 AM »
You need to be more transparent and honest. It's not completely free, people have to share your website through twitter, facebook or google to access anything on your site.
My pop up blocker blocked something too.

On your about us page, you don't mention that people have to pay to download the list. On the list of genres page, you don't mention it again.

Why is your about us page blank?

As for the social locker, you can delete the links you shared right after you share it if you don't really want to share the link of the site. It took me months to collect and categorize this list of reviewers, I'm paying for my domain + hosting, and spending my time to update it.  Sharing the site via twitter/facebook/google+ isn't hard to do if they really want to support the site.

They can try bookrazor.com and bookreviewbroker.com, they don't use social locker but charge $$$$$.

Offline BellaJames

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2017, 09:53:31 AM »
As for the social locker, you can delete the links you shared right after you share it if you don't really want to share the link of the site. It took me months to collect and categorize this list of reviewers, I'm paying for my domain + hosting, and spending my time to update it.  Sharing the site via twitter/facebook/google+ isn't hard to do if they really want to support the site.

They can try bookrazor.com and bookreviewbroker.com, they don't use social locker but charge $$$$$.

I don't see anything wrong with charging for your service but be honest, be professional and add the info in the about us page or at the top of the list of reviewers page.

Exactly what you are explaining here, explain it on your website. Tell people it costs x amount and they are expected to share your service.

Complete your website and then advertise it.

Personally I'm not sharing a service if I don't know if it's any good.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 10:06:05 AM by BellaJames »

Offline skylarker1

• Minneapolis, MN, USA
    • View Profile
    • Dreamspell
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2017, 01:05:19 PM »
I created a site http://bookgeebee.com

We will add new list of potential reviewers weekly.

This site hurts my eyes. I can barely read the red text against the blue background with the white glaring all around. Please use a more legible color combination. Thanks!

Naomi Stone: You will believe in magic
Naomi Stone | website

Online Bards and Sages (Julie)

• New Jersey
  • Her Royal Sithiness
    • View Profile
    • Bards and Sages Publishing
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2017, 01:34:54 PM »
So I can't even LOOK at the list without first having to share a link to your site via social media? Seriously? I can't even LOOK AT THE LISTS to make sure that I am not on it without spamming my followers on social media?  >:(

From what little I can see, all you have done is scrape data off of Amazon without Amazon's permission and without the permission of the reviewers and started to sell it.

I think they can remove their email address in their profile if they don't want to be spammed. If you share your email on public you should expect that you might get spam. 😁

No, that is not how the law works. That is not how it works at all. That is like saying "Well, your phone number is listed in the phone book, so you should expect to get cold calls from random people at all hours of the day."

You are monetizing people's contact information without their consent. There are legitimate reasons people have their contact information in their profiles. Many active reviewers are also authors and publishers and are open to getting communication from readers. Or they are bloggers and they direct people to their blog. Just because you find something on the internet doesn't mean you have a right to use it.

The reason why other services charge for this information is that they actually did the research to see which reviewers are actively interested in getting book review solicitations and which aren't. They actually reached out and ASKED PERMISSION and confirmed the interests of the reviewers. They didn't just scrape the content of Amazon and start to sell it.

Writer, Publisher, Game Designer, Resident Sith
Julie Ann Dawson | Blog | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | eFesitival of Words

Offline kittyfirst00

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2017, 11:26:18 AM »
So I can't even LOOK at the list without first having to share a link to your site via social media? Seriously? I can't even LOOK AT THE LISTS to make sure that I am not on it without spamming my followers on social media?  >:(

From what little I can see, all you have done is scrape data off of Amazon without Amazon's permission and without the permission of the reviewers and started to sell it.

No, that is not how the law works. That is not how it works at all. That is like saying "Well, your phone number is listed in the phone book, so you should expect to get cold calls from random people at all hours of the day."

You are monetizing people's contact information without their consent. There are legitimate reasons people have their contact information in their profiles. Many active reviewers are also authors and publishers and are open to getting communication from readers. Or they are bloggers and they direct people to their blog. Just because you find something on the internet doesn't mean you have a right to use it.

The reason why other services charge for this information is that they actually did the research to see which reviewers are actively interested in getting book review solicitations and which aren't. They actually reached out and ASKED PERMISSION and confirmed the interests of the reviewers. They didn't just scrape the content of Amazon and start to sell it.

There is a difference between bulk pharmacy product emails (which accounts for 81% of spam) and one-to-one emails to a targeted audience.

Under the CAN-SPAM act, you are able to send emails to business people that you do not know. However, you want to make sure you are complying with the rules that the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has outlined.

http://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business

1. Dont misrepresent who you are Basically, your From, To, and Reply-To information needs to identify who you are.
2. Dont use misleading subject lines Using a subject line of Your receipt when pitching your product/service would be misleading. Keep it real.
3. Identify if the email is an ad If your email is an advertisement or special coupon offer, just make sure it is labeled as such.
4. Include your business address This can be a PO Box or your physical address, but you have to include it. Ideal placement for this information would be in your signature.
5. Give them an opt-out option You dont have to use an unsubscribe link which takes away some of the personal aspects of the email. Instead, ask them, Please let me know if you are not the right person to contact for this. Its a good alternative that keeps things personal.
6. Honor opt-outs If they dont want any future emails, make sure they dont get any more emails. I dont even respond to the request, I just make sure they dont get any more follow-ups.
7. Know what others do/send on your behalf Even if you hire a company to handle your email outreach, you are still legally responsible. Make sure whoever you have working on your email outreach understands these seven rules.

So I can't even LOOK at the list without first having to share a link to your site via social media? Seriously? I can't even LOOK AT THE LISTS to make sure that I am not on it without spamming my followers on social media?
YOU CAN DELETE THE LINK THAT YOU SHARED RIGHT AFTER YOU SHARE IT, YOU CAN EVEN CHANGE THE LINK THAT YOU'LL SHARE, EVEN THE TEXT. Is it hard to do???

How do you know that I didn't research this list of reviewers??? I manually check each reviewer if they reviewed at least 10+ Books, if they state in their profile that they don't accept book review I won't include them in the list.

Then how's the law works? Can you explain it here?