Author Topic: Professional Editing More Reliable than Bukowski's Liquor Bill (Free 10K Edit)  (Read 2271 times)  

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
  • Failure is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
Borne out of a gamma ray burst in the monster star of X76 Cygni when its H-band companion went supernova during the tragic first run of the Gutenberg press...

Adopted love child of a repressed reference librarian and a penniless poet named Strunk White...

Cured in the crucible of Sister Agnes's belt-driven grade school grammar salt mines and the all-night morphology marathons of ten-page critical theory monographs at the University of Chicago...

Coming to you live from the Colombian Andes, in an abandoned Incan pyramid on a Coconuco quinoa plantation between a hummingbird haven and a covert Navy SEAL outpost, deep in the fight against the cocaine cartels and ISIS-allied Marxist guerrillas not to mention overflowing with secret babies...

Accompanied in his epic editing exploits by a 10-year-old Luke-Skywalker-wannabe sidekick and the boy's dual ray-gun-packing feline guardians...

Presenting, your editor, George Donnelly!

More dependable than Charles Bukowski's liquor bill.

Not quite as creative as a Chuck Tingle erotica short.

So punctilious he can upload your manuscript to YouTube in 3D 8K UHD VR in 88 seconds flat on a 28.8K salvage AOL modem while twirling a quark around his pinky finger.

With NEW no-details-missed turnarounds to suit your ambitious KU-motivated production schedule.

Around-the-clock service, in all timezones, both on Earth and across the Alliance - except Gerxxor 61b, where producer safety regulations have resulted in a cutthroat black market my minions have not yet cornered. But stand by.

Your Writing Support Staff

Fellow KBoarders get a free trial 10,000-word edit. Email me@georgedonnelly.com and enter coupon code FREEEDITFTW.

Proofreading / Copy Editing from $4 per 1,000 words.

(Quick, final proofreads from as little as $3 per 1,000 words.)

Line Editing from $8 per 1,000 words (includes free proofreading).

Developmental Editing from 2 cents per word. Flat fees available, too.

Beta Reading from $3 per 1,000 words.

Or select from the IndiePub Treatment (Beta Read + Line Edit + Blurb + Author Bio) from as little as 1 cent per word and the TradPub Treatment (Developmental Edit + Line Edit + Proofread + Blurb + Author Bio) from as little as 3.3 cents per word.

Not happy with these rates? Name your price! That's how much I want to help you produce titles of the highest caliber.

Not happy with these options? Tell me what you need and I will prepare a custom quote. Editing is a personalized service.

I'm standing at attention and ready to serve on the maiden voyage of your next novel or non-fiction work, in any genre, on any topic, no matter the choppy seas or substandard radiation shielding!

The Shirt Off My Back

These deals are crazy, ladies and gentlemen, I'm not sure how- Who approved these prices, Larry? Larry?! Get those cameras out of here!

Alright, it's done. Nothing we can do about it now. Corporate- who are those nutcases at corporate anyway? They've made their decision and I have to live with it. It's me vs. the world now. And I'm betting on me!

Author Websites

You can also get a snazzy author website from $50/year, full hosting and support included. Inquire within, if you dare. Muahahaha.

Cohaagen and the Air Prices

Not ready for editing or a website yet? Give me your email and I'll let you know when Cohaagen jacks up the price of air again. Then I'll sign your indentured servitude agreement, damnit!

Get on my list here: http://georgedonnelly.ninja/start-here/.

What? Not Yet?

Still unsure? Send me 10,000 words. I'll edit them for free, the full treatment, including a hand wax by bikini-clad young people of the desired gender (or lack thereof), it'll be huge, you'll love it, the absolute best. Here's a free steak.

Email me baby, we'll do brunch: me@georgedonnelly.com.

Testimonials

Don't believe me? Listen to what my kidnapping victims have to say.

"Quite apart from George Donnelly's professionalism and genuine talent as an editor, working with him on a recent book project was great fun. I cannot stress the latter strongly enough because being edited is usually a stressful and damnably annoying process. How he made me want to come back for more is an act that raises him out of the ranks of muggles. I would work with George again in a flash." - Wendy McElroy, author of Rape Culture Hysteria: Fixing the Damage Done to Men and Women.

"It's been a pleasure having you in charge, George. I think the whole project would have sunk if you didn't take over, and it would have been a real shame. Thank you so much for taking this on. So excited to finally see it happening." - Marilyn Vix, indie romance novelist and KBoards member.

"George has offered me incredibly incisive developmental edits and feedback on a number of fiction pieces, ranging from a 3,000 word short story, up to a 50,000 word novel.  I almost always make the changes he suggests, and find the piece is always tighter, richer, and more fully-realized as a result.  Highly recommended." - J.P. Medved, author of Steampunk adventures and thoughtful thrillers.

"George has been awesome to work with! He responds promptly and does a great job. I highly recommend him to anyone needing editing or formatting. His efforts to produce quality indie anthologies are much appreciated, too." - J. Naomi Ay, author of The Two Moons of Rehnor series.

"George has been great to work with: super friendly and responsive, and his editing skills are impeccable. I would use him again in a heartbeat!" - Lincoln Cole, author of Raven's Peak.

"I've worked with George on several projects and can recommend him without any hesitation. He's easy to work with and is a good communicator. He's also well-organized, reliable, and a superb indie marketer." - Richard B Walsh, co-author of the Adventures of Seamus Tripp.

"I've worked with George Donnelly on flash fiction anthologies. As the editor of each anthology, he does a good job of working with several authors to get their stories into their best possible form. A writer himself, he understands the process, and his own passion carries over into everything he does. He's also extremely well-organized, an absolute necessity for a busy editor." - Bill Hiatt, author of young adult fantasy, including the Spell Weaver series.

"My experience with George is that he's both thorough and conscientious - both critical qualities in any professional editor. He also understands the dynamic of genre authors, and can always be counted on to be responsive in that way." - Alex R. Knight III, author of horror, science fiction, and fantasy tales.

Keep in Touch

Get the full details on my editing service: http://georgedonnelly.ninja/editing/.

Follow me on Facebook for writerly motivation and exclusive deals: https://www.facebook.com/EditorGeorgeDonnelly/.

Let's connect on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/georgedonnelly.

Email me anytime: me@georgedonnelly.com.

Let's schedule a time to chat on the phone about your project. Thanks for considering me and I look forward to reading your manuscript!

« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 02:59:55 PM by GeorgeDonnelly »
Professional editing more reliable than Bukowski's liquor bill:
 Get a free 10,000 word trial edit now (secret babies optional)
George Donnelly | GeorgeDonnelly.com | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon | Goodreads

Offline EmmaS

• Pacific Northwest
    • View Profile
I'm not in the market for an editor right now, but that pitch made my morning. ;D

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
I'm not in the market for an editor right now, but that pitch made my morning. ;D

Glad to hear you found it entertaining. :)

Offline JeanetteRaleigh

• View Profile
    • Jeanette Raleigh
George has been working with me on an upcoming story and I'd like to take a moment to recommend him.  He did a great job not only with the punctuation and grammar, but he had great suggestions for consistency and clarity. 

What I appreciated the most is that in addition to the edit, he forwarded the links to a few articles which spoke directly to some broader style issues I have that would improve my writing ability.  It came at a time when I KNEW that I needed more in a few areas of my writing, but didn't know exactly what was needed.

If you're looking for an editor, give him the chance to show you what he can do...

Moon Struck is currently FREE

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
George has been working with me on an upcoming story and I'd like to take a moment to recommend him.  He did a great job not only with the punctuation and grammar, but he had great suggestions for consistency and clarity. 

What I appreciated the most is that in addition to the edit, he forwarded the links to a few articles which spoke directly to some broader style issues I have that would improve my writing ability.  It came at a time when I KNEW that I needed more in a few areas of my writing, but didn't know exactly what was needed.

If you're looking for an editor, give him the chance to show you what he can do...

Thanks Jeanette! And it's been a real pleasure working with you as well!

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
I'm checking in with you a bit late this week as the Marxist guerrillas hit the SEALs last night with exploding propane gas cylinders. All the SEALs had to respond with were dirty diapers from those secret babies I mentioned last time (that's the price society pays for erotica, sonny!).

Something about it just didn't smell right to me so I negotiated a ceasefire by turning the diapers into humanure and using the propane to roast us up some nutritious quinoa. It was a blast. But now I'm worried about the Navy SEALs making babies with the lady guerrillas. Hmm, that could be a whole new erotica sub-subgenre...

I've added a few new options:

A Quick Proofread to just find mistakes, typos and such, from $3 per 1,000 words.

The IndiePub Treatment (Beta Read + Line Edit + Blurb + Author Bio) from as little as 1 cent per word.

The TradPub Treatment (Developmental Edit + Line Edit + Proofread + Blurb + Author Bio) from as little as 3.3 cents per word.

So, I'm currently booking for November and am offering an across-the-board 10% lifetime discount for new clients who book with me before midnight December 1, when my glass keyboard turns back into a charcoal briquette and a The Walking Dead Mad Libs.

Give me a shot, coach! I can be a contender!

Oh and I've got some new kidnapping survivors testimonials:

"I've worked with George on a few projects, and have found he is very dedicated to his work. His focus on getting things properly edited and formatted surpasses many people I have worked with in the past. George has very high standards for any project he is involved with, striving to maintain high quality and marketability, and that can only help in today's competitive publishing world. I wouldn't hesitate to hire him in the future, should I be so fortunate as to be able to do so." - Griffin Carmichael, science fiction and horror author.

"George is a prompt, professional editor who is thorough but supportive of the author's voice. A pleasure to work with." - K.D McAdams, author of thriller, dystopian and horror stories.

"I have enjoyed working with George Donnelly on the Bite-Sized Anthologies. He is a careful editor and produces a quality product. He is quick to reply to questions and problems. Edits are done in a timely manner. He is professional and friendly in his correspondence." - Jaleta Clegg, author of The Fall of the Altairan Empire space opera series.

"George Donnelly did a thorough and professional job of editing one of my manuscripts. He caught several grammatical errors and made a number of suggestions for moving and improving the storyline. George is a pleasure to work with and his fees are very reasonable. I highly recommend his services." - John D. Ottini, author of A Very Furry Christmas.

"I have worked with George Donnelly on two anthologies and have found him to pay good attention to detail. He gives helpful feedback in a concise and timely manner." - Vaughn Treude, science fiction author

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 05:54:29 AM by GeorgeDonnelly »

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
Thanks guys! I picked up a few new customers this week. I still have room for a couple more this month and December is wide open.

Also, my kidnapping referral program is really paying off!

"George is a top-notch editor who is fast, thorough, and accurate. Working with him is not only painless, but actually a lot of fun! His thoughtful suggestions for improving my writing were right on the mark. Having an editor with such a keen eye for detail put my mind at ease when submitting my work for publication. I can't imagine working with another editor. George is my go-to person for all my editing and proofreading needs." - Heather Biedermann, author of fantasy, horror, and science fiction tales.

Have a great weekend!

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
I just finished a big edit for a fellow indie author and am open for new work right now. Got a rush job? Other editor fell through? I'm your man. Email me@georgedonnelly.com anytime.

Online Bill Hiatt

• California
    • View Profile
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
George, what's your typical turnaround time on a 10,000 word manuscript? (I know that may depend on what's in the queue ahead of it, but just give us a ballpark figure. Sometimes writers may need something more quickly than others, so it's nice to have a rough idea.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Online Bill Hiatt

• California
    • View Profile
I just finished a big edit for a fellow indie author and am open for new work right now. Got a rush job? Other editor fell through? I'm your man. Email me@georgedonnelly.com anytime.
I just saw this after posting my question. I should read more carefully!

Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
George, what's your typical turnaround time on a 10,000 word manuscript? (I know that may depend on what's in the queue ahead of it, but just give us a ballpark figure. Sometimes writers may need something more quickly than others, so it's nice to have a rough idea.

Thanks for the question, Bill! If it's a rush job, I can get it done in 2 days. If not, best to give me 5.

Online Bill Hiatt

• California
    • View Profile
Thanks for the question, Bill! If it's a rush job, I can get it done in 2 days. If not, best to give me 5.
Even five is remarkably good! I can't be sure, but I may be in a time crunch later on a special project. (Because I'm collaborating with a high school English department to produce educational materials, there are potential delays I can't control in the process--but there is also a deadline.) If it looks like that's the case, I'll be in touch.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 08:21:01 AM by Bill Hiatt »

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
Even five is remarkable good! I can't be sure, but I may be in a time crunch later on a special project. (Because I'm collaborating with a high school English department to produce educational materials, there are potential delays I can't control in the process--but there is also a deadline.) If it looks like that's the case, I'll be in touch.

Thanks for thinking of me, Bill! Just say the word. :)

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
Finishing up another in depth edit for a fellow indie author and will be available again for work next week. I'm excited about taking your work to the next level, be it with a simple proofread, a deeper line edit or some developmental editing. Let's talk. me@georgedonnelly.com.

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
My plate is pretty full right now but I should have an opening later this month and most likely starting January 10th. Give me a try. Email me@georgedonnelly.com with any questions.

Oh and here's another testimonial:

"Working with George has been an absolute pleasure. He is reliable and accurate, the two best things you need in an editor. I would definitely recommend him to anyone without a moment's hesitation." - Jamie Campbell, indie author

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
I'm currently taking commitments for January 11th and beyond. Hope to work with you!

Offline MiriamRosenbaum

• Beyond the pale of sanity
    • View Profile
The thread name made me LOL IRL and spill my drink.  :P

Have a bump!  ;)

Conquering the world, one set of dialogue tags at a time...
Miriam Rosenbaum | Twitter | Facebook | DeviantArt

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
The thread name made me LOL IRL and spill my drink.  :P

Have a bump!  ;)

Hahaha, thanks and glad to bring a smile to your day. :D

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
I've got availability starting January 11th still. If you need a rush job this month, I may still be able to fit you in. Looking forward to working with you!

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
I'm back after a whirlwind 11-day romance with a gorgeous cutie from Colombia whom I'm madly in love with (and she with me) and ready to work!

Actually, I have several projects on my plate right now but have slots opening for Monday, January 23rd.

Send me anything, whatever you've got, be it a 14th-century parchment or the greatest idea ever scratched out on a mustard-stained Arby's napkin. I'm hip to hop to your tune!

Happy New Year!

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
I've got slots opening up Mon Apr 3 and looking for new manuscripts to edit!

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
I've still got a slot open for April 3. Here's to your success!

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
My next slots open up April 10. Give me a shot, I'm a contender!

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
My next slots open up on Monday, June 5. I got the ink, you bring the paper!

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
I still have a slot open for the week of June 5 for your editing project. :)