Author Topic: The "My Book Wasn't Accepted for Kindle Scout, Now What?" Thread  (Read 111949 times)  

Online Mark Gardner

• Arizona, USA
    • View Profile
    • Article 94
Re: The "My Book Wasn't Accepted for Kindle Scout, Now What?" Thread
« Reply #1950 on: May 02, 2017, 02:50:04 PM »
I've used Therin for editing and noticed other services such as formatting. I highly recommend:

https://www.kniteandday.com/

Tehran makes some seriously beautiful ebooks.

Offline David Thompson

• UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: May 03, 2017, 07:15:27 AM »
This is how much KS knows!

I ran my campaign last month. Kindle Scout hardly looked at it. 192 views and zero hours in H&T.

Hah! I published it a few days ago....the results just go to show that KS doesn't have a clue!

I have now sold THREE copies! One in Australia, one in Thailand and one in the US!!
This book is an INTERNATIONAL *best*SELLER!!!!!!

So! How do you feel now, KS?  :P

(Tongue-in-cheek) :)

DT

Bar Girl is FREE!
David Thompson | TRUK LAGOON KS Campaign!

Offline AaronFrale

• Minneapolis, MN
  • May the schwartz be with you.
    • View Profile
    • My Amazon Page
« Reply #1952 on: May 03, 2017, 07:30:35 AM »
I have now sold THREE copies! One in Australia, one in Thailand and one in the US!!

Now you just need a movie starring Mel Gibson, Tony Jaa, and Brad Pitt and that'll really show 'em what's what!

Aaron Frale | Twitter | Facebook | Website

Online Mark Gardner

• Arizona, USA
    • View Profile
    • Article 94
« Reply #1953 on: May 03, 2017, 11:32:04 AM »
As they say, "Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more:" https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/2EKMJBJRHGZ12

Online Joynell Schultz

• Wisconsin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Author Page
« Reply #1954 on: May 03, 2017, 11:56:42 AM »
As they say, "Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more:" https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/2EKMJBJRHGZ12

I got you saved! Will nominate as soon as I'm able. (It looks like a good book!)

This is how much KS knows!

I ran my campaign last month. Kindle Scout hardly looked at it. 192 views and zero hours in H&T.

Hah! I published it a few days ago....the results just go to show that KS doesn't have a clue!

So! How do you feel now, KS?  :P
DT

Congrats!

I'm just going to ask, since I'm running out of time.  Please review my book! I have two mystery/suspense promos on Mother's Day weekend...and I could really use a few more reviews.
While it is a paranormal romance (though not a very steamy one) it's also a murder mystery with a little history thrown in. I'm terrible at staying in one genre. Hope you enjoy it!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y1FTL51?ref_=ks_dp_pdm

I'd love to review it, but I have three books ahead of you that are also waiting! I don't even know how to help. Have you tried emailing your newsletter/facebook group offering a free copy for an honest review? I typically can get 20 reviews or so that way...

Offline CynthiaClay

• View Profile
    • Cynthia Joyce Clay
« Reply #1955 on: May 03, 2017, 07:02:37 PM »
As I mentioned in a previous post, I decided to launch Shadowglade at full price and discount book one, Beyond the Forest, hoping to get readers started in the series.

Question: Is it easier to "get sticky" with a new release than with an older title? Does Amazon's algorithms favor "hot new release" data? If so, maybe I should have tried to get the lowest possible sales rank for Shadowglade rather than BtF, but I've never had any luck getting sticky so far, so I don't know if it would have mattered. 

Shadowglade launched on the 19th, and I priced it at $3.99, and reduced BtF to $0.99. I had planned to run my main promos through the weekend, and then have a dribble of smaller promos into the following weekend, hoping to keep my sales rank from cratering too quickly. Unfortunately, I didn't do as well as I did in my February promos. In February, I had tripped the algorithms and gotten a boost from Amazon, which gave me a day with 78 sales and a sales rank under 2500. This time, my biggest day was 54 sales, and I stalled out at a sales rank of 3883, although I did get down to 1283 in Canada, and was in the top 100 within my categories in all the English speaking markets. Disappointed with these results, I added more smaller tier promos and made a second push into last weekend (ended yesterday), and I temporarily lowered my rank, which had started to drift higher, but I was wasting money, since so many people had already seen my book in the prior newsletters that I didn't get a lot of sales. Lesson learned.

Final results from the 19th - 30th. Only 207 eBook sales of Beyond the Forest, far fewer than February, but set new records in KENP = 12,547.
eBook sales of Shadowglade came in at 29 sales. Lowest sales rank 36,174.  KENP starting to trickle in = 1104.
15 paperback sales between both books.

I plan to run a Kindle Countdown deal in mid-June, with both books at $0.99 for a week.

When you say "sales" I assume, you were charging for the book? How much did you charge and did you cover (or better) your advertising costs? Thanks for answering.

Thanks for supporting my art.
Cynthia Joyce Clay | Cynthia Joyce Clay's Blog | Plays I've Filmed | Cynthia Joyce Clay's Blog

Offline David Thompson

• UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: May 03, 2017, 07:07:36 PM »
Now you just need a movie starring Mel Gibson, Tony Jaa, and Brad Pitt and that'll really show 'em what's what!

I need a woman....sultry but with a strong personality...I'm thinking Jennifer L?

Bar Girl is FREE!

Offline Kay7979

• Western NY
    • View Profile
    • Kay L Ling
« Reply #1957 on: May 03, 2017, 07:15:22 PM »
When you say "sales" I assume, you were charging for the book? How much did you charge and did you cover (or better) your advertising costs? Thanks for answering.

As described in my post, book one was reduced to $0.99 during the promo, and book two launched at $3.99. I'm sure I didn't recover all the advertising costs during that time period, but the ongoing increased KENP helps, and as people finish reading book one and hopefully go on to book two, that will help too. People seldom recover the cost of promotions immediately.

Offline Anthelid

• View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: May 08, 2017, 01:55:00 AM »
My short story about a future world where its illegal to show your face due to appearance-based discrimination was released to Amazon recently and is 99 cents but will be free from May 10 to 15.
the link:
 https://www.amazon.com/Day-Universal-Holos-B-Campbell-ebook/dp/B071KZVPZF/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1494233622&sr=1-2&keywords=the+day+of+the+universal+holos

Appreciate anyone taking the time to read this and good luck with your publishing efforts.

Offline Adrian Ferrer

• Brazil
  • Evil often comes from where we least expect.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: May 09, 2017, 06:46:57 AM »
** Kindle Scout Survivor Books in Need of Reviews **

Remember, to get on the list, you need to have reviewed a book on the list (pick whichever one interests you & contact the author for a digital copy or read in Kindle Unlimited.) Once you hit 20 reviews, you'll fall off the list. (Or sooner, if you like.) Let me know if I missed anyone. (Also, I'm throwing in a reminder that we have a private Facebook group you can join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/873131669496666/permalink/904011373075362/)

Please keep reading. The more you review, the more this system will work.

Books to Review: Remember, no review swaps i.e. exchanging reviews with a single author. If you don't have KU or the books not in KU, all the authors below have agreed to provide free digital review copies in exchange for a review. Just send them a PM.
The books on the top of the list need the most help. (Arranged by lowest review numbers to highest.)

(Fantasy) The Soul Guide - Kelly Stock - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 4 Reviews)
(Paranormal Romance) - Moonlight Roses & Murder - Lorri Moulton - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 5 Reviews)
(Paranormal Romance) - Immortal Embrace - Michelle Hughes - (Has 5 Reviews)
(Action/Adventure/Sci-Fi) Sixteen Sunsets - Mark Gardner - (Has 7 Reviews)
(Fantasy) Shadowglade - Kay L. Ling - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 7 Reviews)
(Soft Sci-Fi) Lily of the Valley - Ruth White - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 8 Reviews)
(Dystopian) Atmospheric Pressure - Aaron Frale - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 10 Reviews)
(Mystery) Getting Thin is Murder - Al Moe - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 10 Reviews)
(Fantasy / Children's) Shadowbane - Paul Francois (Has 12 Reviews)
(Clean Romance) What Lies Beneath the Mask - Laura Greenwood - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 13 Reviews)
(Contemporary Romance) Englishwoman in Paris - Jenny O'Brien - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 14 Reviews)

I want to review Getting Thin is Murder by Al Moe. How do I proceed?

Online Joynell Schultz

• Wisconsin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Author Page
« Reply #1960 on: May 09, 2017, 08:24:38 AM »
I want to review Getting Thin is Murder by Al Moe. How do I proceed?

Fantastic! I'll notify Al, I know he checks Facebook more than this thread and have him get in contact with you. You don't have Kindle Unlimited, right?

Offline Adrian Ferrer

• Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: May 09, 2017, 08:36:13 AM »
Fantastic! I'll notify Al, I know he checks Facebook more than this thread and have him get in contact with you. You don't have Kindle Unlimited, right?

Thanks!

No KU here.

Offline Adrian Ferrer

• Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: May 09, 2017, 04:38:55 PM »
Dear friends.

As many of you already know, my book, Angel of Death, was recently rejected by the Scout program.  :(

However, I just released the book through KDP, and it is already available!  :P

Now I'm looking for friends who could make reviews about the book on Amazon.com.

If you are willing to help me and are interested in a thriller involving murders and religion, please give my book a try.

But be warned that the book contains Bible-related content and that many of the ideas in the book confront the dogmas of the church. So if you have no problem opening your mind to new ideas that might confront the church's official position, Angel of Death is a good call!

Those who read The Da Vinci Code and did not feel offended by its content will deal well with Angel of Death. I'm a Christian, and I'm not here to disrespect people's religious views, but only to present new points of view.

Please, help me with this. I am an indie author and I do not have the resources to edit and promote the book by myself. I am a debut author, I do not have a list of readers or even friends who can read the book since I do not live in an English-speaking country. I am alone in this, relying on my courage alone.

On the other hand, all I ask for is an honest opinion. Rate 1 star if you find the book bad, or give 5 stars if you find the book excellent; 2, 3, 4 stars, whatever is your opinion, no restrictions. However, I would like to ask for you to have a little patience about the editing, because like I said, I'm an indie author with no resources. (Hey! The editing is not bad actually! Just don't expect for professional standards.)

I promise anyone who reads the book will not regret it, and that there really is a great revelation within it. I'm not lying about this, and I'm not being fancy to get attention. I'm telling the truth!

Angel of Death is not a long book and is fast paced.

Please contact me and I will send you a copy of the book.

PS: Please, only ask for the book if you are really willing to read and review it within a reasonable period (about one week and a half maybe). Don't take me wrong, it is just that I don't have resources to buy many books for giveaways and the first days of release are crucial for the book campaign, especially considering that I'm going to participate in Storyteller UK. I'm really in need of reviews!

Thank you!!!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 05:05:47 PM by Adrian Ferrer »

Offline Rae B. Lake

• Imagination without limits
    • View Profile
    • Rae B. Lake
« Reply #1963 on: May 12, 2017, 08:02:32 AM »
Hey All!

So I was rejected on Kindle Scout... :-( But that is ok! I can still do this!

I have already published and am in need of some reviews! Of course I would love to read your stuff too! I don't know how to get on the list, I believe I am already a member of the Facebook group. Just let me know what else is needed!

Thanks a million!
Frozen Perfection: 100%

Crimson Illusion: 100%

Onyx Tremors: 20%
Rae B. Lake | Blog | Youtube | wattpad

Offline Lorri Moulton

• Author of Romances, Mysteries, and Fairytales
    • View Profile
    • Lavender Lass Books
« Reply #1964 on: May 12, 2017, 08:39:01 AM »
Hey All!

So I was rejected on Kindle Scout... :-( But that is ok! I can still do this!

I have already published and am in need of some reviews! Of course I would love to read your stuff too! I don't know how to get on the list, I believe I am already a member of the Facebook group. Just let me know what else is needed!

Thanks a million!

I believe you have to review a book on the list, then you're added to the list.

Author of Romances, Mysteries, Fairytales and Historical Non-Fiction.
Lorri Moulton | Website | Amazon | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Books2Read

Offline Lorri Moulton

• View Profile
    • Lavender Lass Books
« Reply #1965 on: May 12, 2017, 08:44:44 AM »

Remember, to get on the list, you need to have reviewed a book on the list (pick whichever one interests you & contact the author for a digital copy or read in Kindle Unlimited.) Once you hit 20 reviews, you'll fall off the list. (Or sooner, if you like.) Let me know if I missed anyone. (Also, I'm throwing in a reminder that we have a private Facebook group you can join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/873131669496666/permalink/904011373075362/)

Books to Review: Remember, no review swaps i.e. exchanging reviews with a single author. If you don't have KU or the books not in KU, all the authors below have agreed to provide free digital review copies in exchange for a review. Just send them a PM.
The books on the top of the list need the most help. (Arranged by lowest review numbers to highest.)

(Fantasy) The Soul Guide - Kelly Stock - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 4 Reviews)
(Paranormal Romance) - Moonlight Roses & Murder - Lorri Moulton - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 5 Reviews)
(Paranormal Romance) - Immortal Embrace - Michelle Hughes - (Has 5 Reviews)
(Soft Sci-Fi) Lily of the Valley - Ruth White - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 8 Reviews)
(Dystopian) Atmospheric Pressure - Aaron Frale - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 10 Reviews)
(Mystery) Getting Thin is Murder - Al Moe - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 10 Reviews)
(Fantasy / Children's) Shadowbane - Paul Francois (Has 12 Reviews)
(Clean Romance) What Lies Beneath the Mask - Laura Greenwood - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 13 Reviews)
(Contemporary Romance) Englishwoman in Paris - Jenny O'Brien - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 14 Reviews)

Here you are, Rae :)

Offline Rae B. Lake

• Imagination without limits
    • View Profile
    • Rae B. Lake
« Reply #1966 on: May 13, 2017, 03:53:07 AM »
I reviewed yours lorri moulton! Trying to get another one to read today!
Frozen Perfection: 100%

Crimson Illusion: 100%

Onyx Tremors: 20%
Rae B. Lake | Blog | Youtube | wattpad

Offline Lorri Moulton

• View Profile
    • Lavender Lass Books
« Reply #1967 on: May 13, 2017, 07:21:00 AM »
I reviewed yours lorri moulton! Trying to get another one to read today!

Thank you, Rae.  I really appreciate the review! :)

Online Joynell Schultz

• Wisconsin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Author Page
« Reply #1968 on: May 14, 2017, 05:55:58 PM »
Updated list...but I'm hearing some are having a hard time getting review copies out of the authors on the list. If that's happening, please message me and I'll remove the book from the list.

(Romantic Fantasy) - Frozen Perfection - Rae B. Lake - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 1 Reviews)
(Paranormal Romance) - Moonlight Roses & Murder - Lorri Moulton - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 7 Reviews)
(Paranormal Romance) - Immortal Embrace - Michelle Hughes - (Has 7 Reviews)
(Fantasy / Children's) Shadowbane - Paul Francois (Has 13 Reviews)
(Clean Romance) What Lies Beneath the Mask - Laura Greenwood - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 14 Reviews)
(Fantasy) The Soul Guide - Kelly Stock - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 15 Reviews)
(Contemporary Romance) Englishwoman in Paris - Jenny O'Brien - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 16 Reviews)

Offline MelissaMacVicar

• Massachusetts
    • View Profile
    • Melissa MacVicar- Author
« Reply #1969 on: May 15, 2017, 03:14:29 AM »
Glad I found this thread! I too am a Scout reject. Will purchase and read a book to review so I can get on the list.
Thanks!
Melissa

Melissa MacVicar | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Blog

Offline Kay7979

• Western NY
    • View Profile
    • Kay L Ling
« Reply #1970 on: May 15, 2017, 04:24:51 AM »
Glad I found this thread! I too am a Scout reject. Will purchase and read a book to review so I can get on the list.
Thanks!
Melissa

Welcome! It's not necessary to purchase a book on the list, although that would be nice since it means the review would be verified. Many books are in KindleUnlimited, and if you don't have a KU membership, the authors will provide you a copy in Mobi, ePub, or PDF format.

Offline AaronFrale

• Minneapolis, MN
  • May the schwartz be with you.
    • View Profile
    • My Amazon Page
« Reply #1971 on: May 16, 2017, 12:03:48 PM »
I'm pretty sure my post ad wave for Time Burrito is over. The book crashed through the 100k sales rank barrier where it usually disappears into nothing. There were 20 more sales, 12k reads, and six hard copies. I'm guessing overall I will get about 2/3's of my investment back. Overall I'd say it was a success, with the next book, I might experiment with a higher price, to see if I can even out my ROI.

There is also the fact that when I release a book, all my back catalog gets a little boost. I guess my goal should be to write 500 books, if I only sell one copy of each every month, a get $2 a book, that's enough to live off of the royalties.

Aaron Frale | Twitter | Facebook | Website

Offline amdonehere

• View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: May 16, 2017, 01:14:50 PM »
I just posted a detailed account of how I used my KS run to launch my book. You can read it here: http://www.kboards.com/index.php?topic=245964.msg3497685#msg3497685

Online Mark Gardner

• Arizona, USA
    • View Profile
    • Article 94
« Reply #1973 on: May 16, 2017, 01:32:24 PM »
ROI is always the big worry. I'm totally stressing about Comicon. By the time step onto the convention floor, I will have spent $1000. Granted, most of that is just buying dead-tree versions of my works, but still, I'm already having unsettling dreams where I don't even sell enough to cover my gas money, let alone make a profit.

My goal is to publish at least 2 books a year, that way in four or five years when I'm an overnight success, I'll have 20+ titles in my back catalog.

I'm pretty sure my post ad wave for Time Burrito is over. The book crashed through the 100k sales rank barrier where it usually disappears into nothing. There were 20 more sales, 12k reads, and six hard copies. I'm guessing overall I will get about 2/3's of my investment back. Overall I'd say it was a success, with the next book, I might experiment with a higher price, to see if I can even out my ROI.

There is also the fact that when I release a book, all my back catalog gets a little boost. I guess my goal should be to write 500 books, if I only sell one copy of each every month, a get $2 a book, that's enough to live off of the royalties.

Offline David Thompson

• UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: May 16, 2017, 10:03:45 PM »
The Road to El Nido crashed and burned.

Crooks' Corner is under review.

Shipley Bridge just launched

https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/ZYHBGKNS4ZJV

Not bad in two months!

Hope KS don't get fed up with seeing my campaigns! :)

Bar Girl is FREE!