Author Topic: The "My Book Wasn't Accepted for Kindle Scout, Now What?" Thread  (Read 111962 times)  

Offline Rena Arun

• View Profile
Re: The "My Book Wasn't Accepted for Kindle Scout, Now What?" Thread
« Reply #2125 on: July 10, 2017, 09:21:15 AM »
I'm always lurking...
You ain't seen nothin' yet! 8)

Happy to see all the words to the wise here. Helps to keep you grounded. As someone once said, who knows who the Kindle Scout gods will choose. And who they don't, they drive mad with or without days in H&T.

Offline Knox

• View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: July 10, 2017, 10:49:30 AM »
I read and reviewed Impulse Spy by Carrie Ann Knox (wonderful read, by the way!). Would it be possible to add my failed KS entry Beneath the Inconstant Moon to the list, please? It's on KU, currently priced at 3.99. I'm happy to give a free copy to anyone who would like to read it. It currently has 12 reviews. Here's the link if you need it:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072FJQ8GD/

Thanks so much!!! So glad you liked it   :D

Offline Bill Hiatt

• California
    • View Profile
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #2127 on: July 10, 2017, 11:15:30 AM »
Thanks. Unfortunately, it didn't go good at all! I launched with 3 positive reviews, and 1 negative review. All four were from NetGalley, and I've sold a whopping two copies. Even my KU page reads are only about a hundred. (KU page count is about 400 or so.) I guess someone started to read it and never finished it. It hasn't been a week yet, but Days Until Home is looking like a flop...

Oh, well, I've got deadlines that I'm not meeting for the next War of the Worlds book. Plus, I'm still negotiating the particulars to my apperance at San Francisco Comic Con in September. I have to be choosey, because Erika won't let me do more than four apperances a year! Sigh, the writer's life, eh?
In my limited experience, it takes KU readers a while to discover new books. I don't know what else you're doing to promote, but I've found I usually need to accumulate a few sales before the KU pages really kick in.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Offline Lorri Moulton

• Author of Romances, Mysteries, and Fairytales
    • View Profile
    • Lavender Lass Books
« Reply #2128 on: July 11, 2017, 03:26:48 PM »
Hi! Thank you for clarifying. I've just downloaded Moonlight Roses & Murder on KU and I'll be sure to post the review once finished. Thanks!

Nikki - Thank you for the very nice review!  Let Joy know you'd like to add your book to the list...maybe stop by the Kindle Scout Alumni page on Facebook. :)

Author of Romances, Mysteries, Fairytales and Historical Non-Fiction.
Lorri Moulton | Website | Amazon | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Books2Read

Offline Nikki Landis Author

• View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: July 11, 2017, 04:41:22 PM »
Here's an updated list:

** Kindle Scout Survivor Books in Need of Reviews **

Remember, to get on the list, you need to have reviewed a book on the list (pick whichever one interests you & contact the author for a digital copy or read in Kindle Unlimited.) Once you hit 20 reviews, you'll fall off the list. (Or sooner, if you like.) Let me know if I missed anyone. (Also, I'm throwing in a reminder that we have a private Facebook group you can join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/873131669496666/permalink/904011373075362/)

Please keep reading. The more you review, the more this system will work.

Books to Review: Remember, no review swaps i.e. exchanging reviews with a single author. If you don't have KU or the books not in KU, all the authors below have agreed to provide free digital review copies in exchange for a review. Just send them a PM.
The books on the top of the list need the most help. (Arranged by lowest review numbers to highest.)

(Paranormal Romance) - Frozen Perfection - Rae B. Lake - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 2 Reviews)
(Sci-Fi/Superhero) Sixteen Sunsets - Mark Gardner - (Has 7 Reviews)
(Contemporary Romance-YA) - One Broken Day - Melissa MacVicar - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 9 Reviews)
(Paranormal Mystery/Romance) - Moonlight Roses & Murder - Lorri Moulton - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 10 Reviews)
(Dystopian) Atmospheric Pressure - Aaron Frale - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 11 Reviews)
(Fantasy) Shadowglade - Kay L. Ling - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 12 Reviews)
(Fantasy / Children's) Shadowbane - Paul Francois (Has 14 Reviews)
(Sci-Fi/Historical Fiction) War of the Worlds: Retaliation - Mark Gardner - (Has 16 Reviews)
(Mystery) Impulse Spy - Carrie Ann Knox (Has 19 Reviews)
(Fantasy) The Soul Guide - Kelly Stock - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 19 Reviews)

Hi, just read and reviewed Moonlight, Roses, & Murder. Great book! Here's the links for the reviews:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2055997876?book_show_action=false
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RZRHIXK8V702J/

May I have my book added for review? Thank you!  :)

(Paranormal Romance/Dark Fantasy) Fallen from Grace by Nikki Landis, in Kindle Unlimited.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073C6P6YR/

Offline ID Johnson

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: July 11, 2017, 08:10:38 PM »
Thanks so much!!! So glad you liked it   :D
Can't wait to read the sequel!
Here's a link to the review on my blog if you want to use it for anything: http://wwwliteraturereview.blogspot.com/2017/07/my-review-of-impulse-spy-by-carrie-ann.html

Online Tom Swyers

• View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: July 13, 2017, 03:08:16 AM »
I'm reposting this from my Kindle Scout Prepper Thread located here:

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,245964.0.html

I think the post have valuable content for those not selected.

Update:

This Monday, The Killdeer Connection (selected by Kindle Scout)  went live for preorder: http://hyperurl.co/PreorderKilldeer

(The preorder period will last one month until the book is officially released on Augst 8th).

I submitted the book to go live on June 13th (with edits) and it went live on July 10th.

I wish it didn't take that long, but that was out of my control.

I put that time to good use in planning a campaign during the preorder period.

The preorder price is set for me by Kindle Press at $3.99.

If you are not selected by Kindle Scout, you can price your book as you wish. That's a good option to have as right now I'm competing with Prime Day book sales including a sale that has all Kindle Scout prior selections being offered for .99.

I'm fine with that. I don't want my new release priced at .99--not after the Kindle Scout campaign I went through which garnered 8.4 k page views.

My preorder campaign is aimed at big name authors in my genre. Their price is like $9.99 to $14.99 for a new release. I can compete well on price. I also advertise a 7 day money back guarantee (from release). This is something Kindle offers for all ebooks but nobody uses that aspect in their campaigns.

All told,  I was selected April 11th and went live for preorder on  July 10th--almost 4 months to the day. I'd say half of that time was used in polishing the story while the other half was spent waiting.

With the delay, I feel like I've lost some momentum. Now I feel I'm back doing a Kindle Scout campaign all over again.

Today's Tip: Go Preorder

If you are not selected, my advice is to go Preorder for your Kindle Scout book for two weeks to one month.

Advanatges:

1. Your preorder sales will be counted towards your ranking during that period. If you can get on some of the hot new releases categories during that time during you will garner some organic sales due to more exposure not unlike being on the hot and trending list during your Scout campaign. If you are a new author, pricing it at .99 might be a good strategy.

2. If you don't go to preorder, you will be eligible for hot new releases only 30 days from launch. If you go preorder, you are eligible during your preorder period plus the 30 days after launch. Again, more exposure.   

2. Your preorder also bought list will start to populate if you get sales during your preorder giving you even more organic reach and exposure for sales. If you wait until launch, this might take a few days. One advantage to winning Kindle Scout is that your also bought list populates within a day of going to preorder (this is because Scouters who voted for you are claiming their free books)  giving you instant organic reach. (If you are not selected, you won't get those Scout also boughts until release. But you will get them for anyone who preorders).   

3. While you won't really get a rankings boost from sales on the day of your launch (this statement applies only to Amazon), I contend that you have the opportunity during preorder to tickle the Amazon algos much the same way as if you frontloaded a BookBub campaign. Amazon algos don't reward spikes. So if you have an upward curve in sales going into lauch day, Amazon will show you more love during launch.   

Note: I don't think any of the above applies if you are not going to do some ground work to get preorder sales.

Your Homework:

1.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkNJ9msoV1U&t=286s

Start at 1:30 and go to end. (Killdeer is in 13 categories).

2.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yiz8UxGch3s&t=4s

Start at the beginning for this one and view until 4:50. Then fast forward to 5:41 to end.

3.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evDUE_XPJCs

Start at 13:15 in this video and go until the end.

4.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDZLG12oR0Q&t=405s

Start at 5:27 and go to end on this video

Please consider supporting my work with a preorder of The Killdeer Connection: http://hyperurl.co/PreorderKilldeer

Online Joynell Schultz

• Wisconsin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Author Page
« Reply #2132 on: July 13, 2017, 04:06:14 AM »
I'm updating the list. Sorry for the delays, but my father's been in the ICU for two weeks. He had a tree fall on him while walking int he woods. He's doing better now, so I'm trying to get caught up.

Remember, to get on the list, you need to have reviewed a book on the list (pick whichever one interests you & contact the author for a digital copy or read in Kindle Unlimited.) Once you hit 20 reviews, you'll fall off the list. (Or sooner, if you like.) Let me know if I missed anyone. (Also, I'm throwing in a reminder that we have a private Facebook group you can join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/873131669496666/permalink/904011373075362/)

Books to Review: Remember, no review swaps i.e. exchanging reviews with a single author. If you don't have KU or the books not in KU, all the authors below have agreed to provide free digital review copies in exchange for a review. Just send them a PM.
The books on the top of the list need the most help. (Arranged by lowest review numbers to highest.)

(Dystopian Sci-Fi) - Unimaginary - Patrick Tylee - (Has 0 Reviews)
(Paranormal Romance/Dark Fantasy) - Fallen from Grace - Nikki Landis - in Kindle Unlimited (Has 7 Reviews)
(Paranormal Romance) - Frozen Perfection - Rae B. Lake - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 7 Reviews)
(Sci-Fi/Superhero) Sixteen Sunsets - Mark Gardner - (Has 8 Reviews)
(Contemporary Romance-YA) - One Broken Day - Melissa MacVicar - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 12 Reviews)
(Fantasy) - Shadowglade - Kay L. Ling - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 12 Reviews)
(Victorian Suspense) - Beneath the Inconstant Moon - ID Johnson - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 13 Reviews)
(Dystopian) - Atmospheric Pressure - Aaron Frale - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 13 Reviews)
(Fantasy / Children's) - Shadowbane - Paul Francois (Has 16 Reviews)
(Sci-Fi/Historical Fiction) - War of the Worlds: Retaliation - Mark Gardner - (Has 16 Reviews)
(YA Dystopian/Suspense/Thriller) - A Sea of Shattered Glass - Kyla Stone - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 21 Reviews)
(Crime Fiction) - Vigilante Angels Book I: The Priest - Billy DeCarlo - In Kindle Unlimited (Has 25 Reviews)
(Mystery) - Impulse Spy - Carrie Ann Knox - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 26 Reviews)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 04:42:34 AM by Joynell Schultz »

Offline Rena Arun

• View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: July 13, 2017, 08:02:42 AM »
If you are not selected, my advice is to go Preorder for your Kindle Scout book for two weeks to one month.

Had not thought of this option --- Thanks for the helpful pointers.  :)

Offline Kay7979

• Western NY
    • View Profile
    • Kay L Ling
« Reply #2134 on: July 13, 2017, 09:03:23 AM »
Joynell, so sorry to hear about your dad!

About preorders: many authors advise against them as it has a negative impact on your sales rank when the book launches. For most of us, that probably isn't an issue, though, as we don't expect to achieve a super low sales rank regardless.

Offline Bill Hiatt

• California
    • View Profile
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #2135 on: July 13, 2017, 09:22:57 AM »
Joynell, so sorry to hear about your dad!

About preorders: many authors advise against them as it has a negative impact on your sales rank when the book launches. For most of us, that probably isn't an issue, though, as we don't expect to achieve a super low sales rank regardless.
How it works depends on how many preorders one has and how they are distributed. In theory, a steady stream might work better for the algorithms than a huge spike when the book becomes available, though the latter might also work if enough sales follow.

Preorders also make it easier for ARC reviewers without having to mess with getting the paperback up first.

However, most of the people I know aren't that interested in preorders. If they buy something, they want it in their hand (or on their Kindle) ASAP, not a month later. Also, a lot of promoters want the want to be available before they will advertise it.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Offline Nikki Landis Author

• View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: July 13, 2017, 03:12:34 PM »

Update:

This Monday, The Killdeer Connection (selected by Kindle Scout)  went live for preorder: http://hyperurl.co/PreorderKilldeer

(The preorder period will last one month until the book is officially released on Augst 8th).

I submitted the book to go live on June 13th (with edits) and it went live on July 10th.

If you are not selected by Kindle Scout, you can price your book as you wish. That's a good option to have as right now I'm competing with Prime Day book sales including a sale that has all Kindle Scout prior selections being offered for .99.

I'm fine with that. I don't want my new release priced at .99--not after the Kindle Scout campaign I went through which garnered 8.4 k page views.

My preorder campaign is aimed at big name authors in my genre. Their price is like $9.99 to $14.99 for a new release. I can compete well on price. I also advertise a 7 day money back guarantee (from release). This is something Kindle offers for all ebooks but nobody uses that aspect in their campaigns.

All told,  I was selected April 11th and went live for preorder on  July 10th--almost 4 months to the day. I'd say half of that time was used in polishing the story while the other half was spent waiting.

With the delay, I feel like I've lost some momentum. Now I feel I'm back doing a Kindle Scout campaign all over again.

Advanatges:

1. Your preorder sales will be counted towards your ranking during that period. If you can get on some of the hot new releases categories during that time during you will garner some organic sales due to more exposure not unlike being on the hot and trending list during your Scout campaign. If you are a new author, pricing it at .99 might be a good strategy.

2. If you don't go to preorder, you will be eligible for hot new releases only 30 days from launch. If you go preorder, you are eligible during your preorder period plus the 30 days after launch. Again, more exposure.   

2. Your preorder also bought list will start to populate if you get sales during your preorder giving you even more organic reach and exposure for sales. If you wait until launch, this might take a few days. One advantage to winning Kindle Scout is that your also bought list populates within a day of going to preorder (this is because Scouters who voted for you are claiming their free books)  giving you instant organic reach. (If you are not selected, you won't get those Scout also boughts until release. But you will get them for anyone who preorders).   

3. While you won't really get a rankings boost from sales on the day of your launch (this statement applies only to Amazon), I contend that you have the opportunity during preorder to tickle the Amazon algos much the same way as if you frontloaded a BookBub campaign. Amazon algos don't reward spikes. So if you have an upward curve in sales going into lauch day, Amazon will show you more love during launch.   

Note: I don't think any of the above applies if you are not going to do some ground work to get preorder sales.

Please consider supporting my work with a preorder of The Killdeer Connection: http://hyperurl.co/PreorderKilldeer

Interesting thoughts from everyone on preorders. I personally like them. It's a guaranteed sale (for the most part) and I thought it helped me out a little when Fallen from Grace released on June 30th. I only had it up for one week but I ended up with 25 preorders. For a little fish like me that was awesome especially because I notified all of my KS voters and family/friends they were going to be able to download their free copy as promised. Had some more sales since and my free downloads were over 500.

Not sure if I will go the free book to voters route again. Time will tell if that was successful and if I end up with a lot of sales or new readers that boost sales for my other books. So far, about the same as normal. And I'm almost 2 weeks from launch. I did add a few hundred new subscribers to my email list, some left but many stayed after their free copy. Hoping to get to that magical 50 reviews and beyond. Seems like reviews are living in some mystical land far away. Lol. Hoping to be scouting again in the fall with my next book.  :)

Offline J. M. Moreaux

• View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: July 17, 2017, 11:46:22 PM »
Hi all, my new YA supernatural mystery The Inhabitable Boy is live and will be available FREE for 24hrs starting Friday US Pacific time https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073W4LCYK
Grab a copy if you like, enjoy, and please consider leaving a review. The new cover art should be available by then, and you can view it on twitter @JMMoreauxwrites too.
Cheers! :-)

J. M. Moreaux | Website | Twitter | Facebook

Offline TT Rankin

• Menomonee Falls, WI
    • View Profile
Here's an updated list: a huge THANK YOU to everyone reading & reviewing. :-)

(Paranormal Romance) - Frozen Perfection - Rae B. Lake - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 3 Reviews)
(Sci-Fi/Superhero) Sixteen Sunsets - Mark Gardner - (Has 7 Reviews)
(Contemporary Romance-YA) - One Broken Day - Melissa MacVicar - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 10 Reviews)
(Paranormal Mystery/Romance) - Moonlight Roses & Murder - Lorri Moulton - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 10 Reviews)
(Dystopian) Atmospheric Pressure - Aaron Frale - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 12 Reviews)
(Fantasy) Shadowglade - Kay L. Ling - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 12 Reviews)
(YA Dystopian/Suspense/Thriller) A Sea of Shattered Glass - Kyla Stone - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 14 Reviews)
(Fantasy / Children's) Shadowbane - Paul Francois (Has 14 Reviews)
(Sci-Fi/Historical Fiction) War of the Worlds: Retaliation - Mark Gardner - (Has 16 Reviews)
(Mystery) Impulse Spy - Carrie Ann Knox - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 19 Reviews)
(Crime Fiction) Vigilante Angels Book I: The Priest - Billy DeCarlo - In Kindle Unlimited (Has 23 Reviews)
Hi Joynell, I just finished reading Moonlight Roses and Murder and reviewed it on Amazon.  Could you kindly add my book to your lost?

"A Return to Fallbrook" by T.T. Rankin (Romance/General Fiction)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0737NG4VF/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdo_67LDzb5H6SPAF

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline TT Rankin

• Menomonee Falls, WI
    • View Profile
Hi Joynell, I just finished reading Moonlight Roses and Murder and reviewed it on Amazon.  Could you kindly add my book to your lost?

"A Return to Fallbrook" by T.T. Rankin (Romance/General Fiction)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0737NG4VF/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdo_67LDzb5H6SPAF

Forgot to add it is avail on KU

Online Joynell Schultz

• Wisconsin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Author Page
« Reply #2140 on: July 26, 2017, 02:07:55 AM »
Updates below:

(Romantic Comedy) - A Return to Fallbrook - T.T. Rankin - in Kindle Unlimited - (Has 1 Review)
(Dystopian Sci-Fi) - Unimaginary - Patrick Tylee - (Has 2 Reviews)
(Paranormal Romance) - Frozen Perfection - Rae B. Lake - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 8 Reviews)
(Sci-Fi/Superhero) Sixteen Sunsets - Mark Gardner - (Has 8 Reviews)
(Paranormal Romance/Dark Fantasy) - Fallen from Grace - Nikki Landis - in Kindle Unlimited (Has 10 Reviews)
(Fantasy) - Shadowglade - Kay L. Ling - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 12 Reviews)
(Dystopian) - Atmospheric Pressure - Aaron Frale - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 13 Reviews)
(Victorian Suspense) - Beneath the Inconstant Moon - ID Johnson - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 15 Reviews)
(Fantasy / Children's) - Shadowbane - Paul Francois (Has 15 Reviews)
(Contemporary Romance-YA) - One Broken Day - Melissa MacVicar - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 16 Reviews)
(Sci-Fi/Historical Fiction) - War of the Worlds: Retaliation - Mark Gardner - (Has 16 Reviews)
(YA Dystopian/Suspense/Thriller) - A Sea of Shattered Glass - Kyla Stone - In Kindle Unlimited - (Has 22 Reviews)

Offline Kay7979

• Western NY
    • View Profile
    • Kay L Ling
« Reply #2141 on: July 26, 2017, 05:28:51 PM »
Joynell, thanks so much for keeping the list updated.

Kyla, I don't have KU, but I'm up to reading your latest, A Sea of Shattered Glass.

Offline Dan Petrosini author

• View Profile
    • Dan's website
« Reply #2142 on: July 27, 2017, 11:26:04 AM »
In my limited experience, it takes KU readers a while to discover new books. I don't know what else you're doing to promote, but I've found I usually need to accumulate a few sales before the KU pages really kick in.
Hello
As inferred by Bill, KU page reads do take a bit of time to get going ( many people are like me with a long list to 'to read')
However, my main point is promoting.
What are folks doing? and as important - Are they doing it methodically?
 I want to emphasis that while I hate marketing like the rest of you, without it, the effort you put forth in writing the book will go nowhere.  I realize money is sparse and I am not advocating throwing it around but you can organize a successful launch of your book. It may not go to the moon and will probably fall back  unless it catches the rare fire when the promos end.
 I have been regularly promoting my last book, The Final Enemy and I am not bragging but it is ranking well. Now, it is priced at 99 (and I'm frightened to put it where it belongs!) and if not for KU i probably wd be in the red but the point is to get it out there and expand your readership.  I'm not an expert and have benefited from all the sages on KB who spell out what a campaign is.  I attempted it, with my own twist, for my last two books and it worked so get going. Dan

My work in progress: 40%
Dan Petrosini | blog

Offline Kay7979

• Western NY
    • View Profile
    • Kay L Ling
« Reply #2143 on: July 27, 2017, 03:15:21 PM »
I'm definitely one who believes in promos, and not just during the launch, but periodically. I do a Kindle Countdown deal during every 90-day period, and run AMS ads continually. Right now, I'm editing book three in my series. After that's published, I'll be working on a spinoff series. It will be interesting to see if I can build some synergies between both series.

Online Mark Gardner

• Arizona, USA
    • View Profile
    • Article 94
« Reply #2144 on: July 29, 2017, 06:18:27 AM »
Inkitt is bad news with predatory contracts, and no proven track record. Their founder changes his story frequently, and seems to promise everything without actually delivering. There are numerous threads here on kBoards on Inkitt.

Hi All,

I decided to try something else before I give a sixth Kindle Scout campaign a go. I found a website that essentially offers the same thing as KS. Basically, they promise $6000 of marketing for your book plus doing all the cover art and editing. I looked at their past releases and from the reviews alone, it looks like they did as well as KS novels (if you are measuring that high amounts of them equated to high sales at one point or another). However, unlike KS, your royalty is only 25%. That being said I'd personally give up royalties for larger sales. At this point in my career in makes sense to get the exposure and get a following (the math also makes sense if I do the typical $2.99 price point: 70% royalties on 100 copies sold is $210, 25% royalties on 500 copies sold is $374, it doesn't take much to be worth it).

The judging is also different than KS. They give away 100 copies for free of the entire book, then remove it from the site (which is nice for me if I decide to give KS a shot or want it in KU, and even if they don't remove it. There's a delete option). They then use the 100 copies to analyze reader behavior which then makes their decision. It's a black box how they decide, but I'd imagine read throughs, shares and the like help with your standing.

Anyhow if you'd like to check it out, and even help me out it'd be appreciated. I'd be happy to reciprocate if anyone decides to try it out. Either way, I'll post updates on how it goes, and we'll see if it is truly a good alternative to KS. Here's what I did:

https://www.inkitt.com/stories/scifi/146003

Offline AaronFrale

• Minneapolis, MN
  • May the schwartz be with you.
    • View Profile
    • My Amazon Page
« Reply #2145 on: July 29, 2017, 06:51:21 AM »
Inkitt is bad news with predatory contracts, and no proven track record. Their founder changes his story frequently, and seems to promise everything without actually delivering. There are numerous threads here on kBoards on Inkitt.

It shows that I should really do my research here first. I researched only books published via them and from a couple of the articles I read, they seemed to have cleaned up a little. However, I did find one just now that I didn't find before that explained some of the contract in finer detail. It doesn't seem to be good based on that alone. I deleted my original post, just to avoid other authors from taking a look and reading now further. Thanks for the heads up.

Aaron Frale | Twitter | Facebook | Website

Offline AaronFrale

• Minneapolis, MN
  • May the schwartz be with you.
    • View Profile
    • My Amazon Page
« Reply #2146 on: July 29, 2017, 06:52:34 AM »
I'm also glad that I pony up the $35 on copyright :)

Aaron Frale | Twitter | Facebook | Website

Offline Dan Petrosini author

• View Profile
    • Dan's website
« Reply #2147 on: July 29, 2017, 10:24:49 AM »

Update:

Advanatges:

Your Homework:

1.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkNJ9msoV1U&t=286s

Start at 1:30 and go to end. (Killdeer is in 13 categories).

2.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yiz8UxGch3s&t=4s

Start at the beginning for this one and view until 4:50. Then fast forward to 5:41 to end.

3.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evDUE_XPJCs

Start at 13:15 in this video and go until the end.

4.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDZLG12oR0Q&t=405s

Start at 5:27 and go to end on this video

Thanks for the post and info.  Interesting data and videos.

My work in progress: 40%
Dan Petrosini | blog

Online Mark Gardner

• Arizona, USA
    • View Profile
    • Article 94
« Reply #2148 on: July 31, 2017, 06:51:12 AM »
Last night, I finished reading Aaron Frale's Atmospheric Pressure. I enjoyed it, and it reminded me of Hugh Howey's Silo series. I'll be reviewing it on my blog this week.

Joy, once I review it, will that get me another KS reject on the list, or are we limiting it to two books per author?

I'm also glad that I pony up the $35 on copyright :)

Offline Michael Sussman

• Cambridge, MA
    • View Profile
    • MichaelSussmanBooks.com
« Reply #2149 on: August 04, 2017, 09:50:40 AM »
There are so many options out there for promoting books it's pretty overwhelming. I tried a number of them during my KS campaign and by far the best I discovered was Author Shout, which I'll continue to use. I've also heard good things about Bookbub and Books Butterfly. I've compiled a list of some of the resources available, and am wondering which ones folks have found especially effective and which were a waste of money. Any and all feedback is much appreciated.

Author Buzz
Bargain Booksy
Bloggards Book Hive
Bookbub
Book Butterfly
BookCrossing
BookGorilla
Book Grow
Book Hippo
Book Lemur
BookRunes
Booksends