Author Topic: Fliploud for promotion?  (Read 2872 times)  

Offline Holly Dodd

• Pittsburgh, PA
    • View Profile
    • Award-Winning Author Holly Dodd
Fliploud for promotion?
« on: November 09, 2016, 07:46:36 AM »
Has anyone used this service for book promotion? (www.fliploud.com) If so, was it worth the investment?

Holly Dodd | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Newsletter

Offline authorellie

• View Profile
Re: Fliploud for promotion?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 12:53:28 PM »
Hey, there :)

I'd love to hear more about this too, as they keep sending me stuff via twitter.  Something about there heavy advertising isn't sitting too well with me, so I'd love to know if they actually do what they say they do?

Thanks

Offline Brian Kerley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 03:50:17 PM »
I turned up no information on Flipcloud that wasn't from their own site. My hesitant attitude, if shared by the majority of wary writers, makes it rough on honest promoters trying to get started and build a name. However, sometimes I get brave and hire someone--sometimes the shaft, sometimes not. I spent a little with Blacksun Book Review and Promotion Services and was pleased with the professionalism, communication, and the results. I will do business with them again.

Offline edwardgtalbot

• Amherst, MA
  • Thriller and short story author
    • View Profile
    • author website for Edward G. Talbot
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 02:04:25 PM »
This is the beginning of the email I received from them:

Hope your book "New World Orders" is doing good on Amazon. I am an associate of one of the biggest book promotion company Fliploud.com

I get that not everyone speaks native English, but I'm going to have to pass on a company with multiple errors in the first line of the pitch.

Edward G. Talbot thrillers: Sometimes, everyone IS out to get you.

Offline GinJones

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 02:45:07 AM »
I just got the same email and had the same reaction. Took a quick look at the site, and it's littered with grammar errors too.

Gin

Offline Mark Dawson

• London, UK
    • View Profile
    • Mark Dawson
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 03:15:23 AM »
They tried me, too. No thanks.

Offline Miles A. Maxwell

• View Profile
    • Miles A. Maxwell's State Of Reason
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 09:10:52 AM »
I spent a little with Blacksun Book Review and Promotion Services and was pleased with the professionalism, communication, and the results. I will do business with them again.

Looks like you started your KBoards account a few days ago on the sixth. Your book The Octagon Key is presently rated at 1.8 million on Amazon. On Goodreads you have five ratings and one review, something Blacksun supposedly specializes in. How much did they charge you and what was the change in numbers of books sold per day/week/month before and after Blacksun?

Thanks,
Miles

Miles A. Maxwell | Facebook | Twitter

Offline jaydax

• Northumberland, England
  • [url=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047O2CQA/?tag=kind
    • View Profile
    • A Vested Interest
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 07:27:44 AM »
They make some interesting claims such as reaching 75,000 on their website. Yet their website has twice the Alexa ranking of my website and I know I get nowhere near that many visitors. They claim a Facebook reach of 70,000 but their page has 130 'likes'. On Twitter they claim to reach 150,000 people yet have 88,000 followers. Am I right to be suspicious?

Technophile hoping to save all life on earth - so I write books
Jaydax | Author! Author! | Website | Facebook Author | Facebook Personal | Twitter | Pinterest

Offline Beth_Hammond

• View Profile
    • bethhammondbooks.com
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 08:07:08 AM »
I got an email today. This -> "I am an associate of  Fliploud.com - one of the biggest book promotion companies." made me roll my eyes. If I've never heard of you and you need to tell me you're one of the biggest there is something off.

They have fixed their intro to, "I hope your book "In-Between: A Fantasy Short Story" is doing well." instead of "doing good". 

I'm still figuring this out.
Beth Hammond | bethhammondbooks.com | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter

Offline Escapee

• Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 08:30:01 AM »
I got an email today. This -> "I am an associate of  Fliploud.com - one of the biggest book promotion companies." made me roll my eyes. If I've never heard of you and you need to tell me you're one of the biggest there is something off.

They have fixed their intro to, "I hope your book "In-Between: A Fantasy Short Story" is doing well." instead of "doing good". 

I received the exact same email and also rolled my eyes. Good old Kboards confirmed my hunch that they are yet another unknown company desperately trying to drum up business by making false claims about how awesome they are (sigh).

Offline teri865

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 01:48:40 PM »
Hello,

I just created my account so please forgive the blank profile for now. I work the marketing for an indie author and came across the fliploud ad. After researching, I would elect to say that it is a scam. If you review their "Our Associate" tab on their website, all the Facebook profiles almost look identical in format and screams fake accounts. I do have mutual friends with several of them; however, I get the same request from these type profiles and know they are not legit. I am sure that if you paid the requested dollar amount, they will promote your product but it is most likely to the accounts they have created to increase their following. :(

Anyways, just adding my two cents in. It would be awesome if we could have a promotion program that did the things the claimed and at the cost they advertise. Till then, I will keep searching on how to increase that reach.

Offline Trina M. Lee

• Canada
    • View Profile
    • Trina M. Lee
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 09:17:18 PM »
I've received the same email from them and immediately dismissed it as sketchy. Stuck it in the spam folder and forgot them.

Trina M. Lee | website | facebook | twitter

Offline Marseille, France or Bust

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 07:07:14 PM »
I find it odd that Blacksun has absolutely zero info on the one-page site listing their services. How did you feel comfortable enough to use them?

I turned up no information on Flipcloud that wasn't from their own site. My hesitant attitude, if shared by the majority of wary writers, makes it rough on honest promoters trying to get started and build a name. However, sometimes I get brave and hire someone--sometimes the shaft, sometimes not. I spent a little with Blacksun Book Review and Promotion Services and was pleased with the professionalism, communication, and the results. I will do business with them again.

Patrice Williams Marks | Website/Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter | Youtube

Offline Silly Writer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 01:16:43 PM »
Received the email today from Fliploud. Are we still in agreement that they don't pass the smell test, or has anyone used them since this thread to discover they're on the up and up?

My spidey senses say ummmm...still a no.

https://fliploud.com/book-promotion/?ref=rtgs