Author Topic: Trouble logging in to NookPress  (Read 515 times)  

Offline elizabethbarone

• Watertown, CT
  • Contemporary Romance & Suspense
    • View Profile
    • Elizabeth Barone: Contemporary Romance & Suspense
Trouble logging in to NookPress
« on: November 14, 2016, 10:05:58 AM »
I've been back and forth with support, but I was wondering if anyone else was having trouble logging in to NookPress.

For several weeks, I was getting an "unknown error" message every time I tried to log in. I've had my BN and NookPress accounts for years; the password had never changed. I was still using my old domain email -- which I accidentally killed, but that's another thread for another day* -- so couldn't just reset my password via email. I emailed support and they didn't quite understand what I was saying at first. Meanwhile weeks passed and I was getting closer and closer to my release date. #eep

In the meantime, I decided to upload my new release to Nook through D2D; I could log in there fine and I could even do a pre-order. So win/win, really, except that I still couldn't access my NookPress account to track sales of the rest of my catalog.

Finally it dawned on me to try updating all of my information through my BN account, as it's linked to my NookPress account from when I first signed up back in 2011/2012. At the time linking the two seemed convenient, but now I'm starting to think that was a bad idea.

After updating my info through my BN account, I tried signing into NookPress again. Still with the unknown error message. I also had issues changing my password over at BN; the first couple of tries threw errors. Seems like all of BN's coding is going bonkers right now, to be honest.

I started bugging sent support two more emails asking for status updates. It took a while to hear back but they eventually advised to try logging into NookPress again. I did, and was finally able to get in! Mind you, this was using the updated email/password I reset over at BN.

Checked my sales, saw that I'd actually sold some copies since my last login, and rejoiced that all was well with the world.

Not so fast.

Last Monday -- my regular sales checking day -- I tried to log in. This time I got an invalid email/password error message. Thinking something had happened when I tried resetting over at BN, I tried again. Error. So I hopped on over to BN, reset my password again, and tried NookPress once more. Success! I figured it was some weird glitch and went about checking my sales.

Ha.

Today I tried to log in again, and once more got the "invalid email/password" error. What even.

You guys. I'm super careful with my login info. I keep it all written down so my pea brain doesn't forget, because I have 19 million accounts across the starry internets. I know I'm not writing it down wrong.

I've emailed support AGAIN to let them know. I'm expecting more confusion, slow resolution.

Meanwhile, I think I'll be 1) resetting my password AGAIN, 2) unpubbing my catalog from NookPress and using D2D, because this is bananas. I have enough to do. Spending all this time trying to log in to one site is a huge pain.

TL;DR: NookPress is bananas when your BN account is linked. Is anyone else having issues? Please tell me I'm not crazy.

PS: I haven't popped in to catch up with everyone in about a week+, but I just wanted to offer free hugs to anyone who needs them -- especially my fellow Americans. I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to get political in these parts, so all I'll say is *hugs* *hugs* *hugs* Love to you all.

*Never switch hosts without setting up your email first. As a retired web developer, I should've known better. #embarrassing

Connect With Me: BlogFacebook | Instagram

Offline katrina46

• View Profile
Re: Trouble logging in to NookPress
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 10:14:17 AM »
They're just having trouble right now. I went to update my permafree four days ago and it's been frozen in importing file status ever since. I   can't even get support to contact me. Probably because they're swamped with complaints right now. I had to give D2D my newest story  because I was so frustrated I figured I'd let them deal with getting it published. It's not unusual for BN to get glitches. They fix it eventually.

Offline elizabethbarone

• Watertown, CT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 11:30:51 AM »
They're just having trouble right now. I went to update my permafree four days ago and it's been frozen in importing file status ever since. I   can't even get support to contact me. Probably because they're swamped with complaints right now. I had to give D2D my newest story  because I was so frustrated I figured I'd let them deal with getting it published. It's not unusual for BN to get glitches. They fix it eventually.

But you can log in with no issues?

Also, maybe I'm misunderstanding, but how do you have a permafree book through NookPress? They don't allow pricing below $0.99 -- last I knew, anyway. I've even emailed them recently to see if they would price match, to no avail.

I've found contacting support multiple times got their attention (especially since I was getting closer to release day and mentioned that I was concerned about being able to upload said release to their site). But it took so long to get a resolution, I had to distribute through D2D anyway.

Offline Anma Natsu

• Texas
    • View Profile
    • Anma Natsu
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 01:57:12 PM »
Also, maybe I'm misunderstanding, but how do you have a permafree book through NookPress? They don't allow pricing below $0.99 -- last I knew, anyway. I've even emailed them recently to see if they would price match, to no avail.

They announced recently, I think in the last month or so, that authors can now set books to free through NookPress.

Offline elizabethbarone

• Watertown, CT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 08:47:50 AM »
They announced recently, I think in the last month or so, that authors can now set books to free through NookPress.

Ooh, shiny new toy! Thanks. 😊

Offline elizabethbarone

• Watertown, CT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 08:36:10 AM »
Figured I'd update here, in case anyone cares. 😭

I still can't log in to NookPress. Even when I change my password through the BN site. Customer service wrote back on the 15th and let me know they've escalated the issue, but I haven't heard back yet. Their customer service has always been awesome, but this is so frustrating in the meantime. I can't manage my existing catalog, check my sales, or publish new books (unless I go through D2D, which is what I ended up doing for my 11/18 release). I don't mean to whine, but I have another release coming up -- holiday novella -- and I also start doing my annual inventory soon (updating keywords, interior, backmatter, and other housekeeping).

Commiseration and/or hugs most appreciated.

Offline Mercia McMahon

• London
    • View Profile
    • Mercia McMahon
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 08:46:00 AM »
When I had similar password problems with Nook they eventually got back to tell me that the original password before I changed it was still active, so just in case you haven't tried that . . .

My log in problems were not rooted in Nook Press but installing the Nook Google app and it rejecting my password 3 times. I was maximising the amount of places I had my books due to the Nook UK, although I'm in the unusual position for a Brit of having a US Nook account because I was one of the transfers in from ereader.com (nee Palm Digital Media nee Peanut Press).  Just to confuse matters further I also have a US purchased Nook ereader from my brief sojourn living in Seattle.

Mercia McMahon | Author Site | Publishing Site | Pinterest

Offline elizabethbarone

• Watertown, CT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 06:54:28 PM »
When I had similar password problems with Nook they eventually got back to tell me that the original password before I changed it was still active, so just in case you haven't tried that . . .

My log in problems were not rooted in Nook Press but installing the Nook Google app and it rejecting my password 3 times. I was maximising the amount of places I had my books due to the Nook UK, although I'm in the unusual position for a Brit of having a US Nook account because I was one of the transfers in from ereader.com (nee Palm Digital Media nee Peanut Press).  Just to confuse matters further I also have a US purchased Nook ereader from my brief sojourn living in Seattle.

Thank you, but I had thought of it and tried it. No cigar. No resolution yet, either. I'm really bummed.

Offline elizabethbarone

• Watertown, CT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 01:47:58 PM »
Just an update, in case anyone's wondering: Despite weeks of emails with customer support, my issue still hadn't been resolved. Each of their responses to my repeated efforts to explain were odd at best and form copy/pastes at worst. Seems to be a glitch on their end. I ended up just asking to have my account deleted, because at this point it's faster to re-publish through D2D.

I'm kinda bummed, because I really didn't want it to come to this, but it was holding up my entire business operations.

Hope everyone else with wonky NookPress issues was able to get them resolved.