Author Topic: Accepting Submissions for a Donald Trump Flash Fiction Anthology, publish 1/20  (Read 14730 times)  

Offline MarilynVix

• Northern California
    • View Profile
    • Marilyn Vix Official Website
To add to the cover discussion, when you're a public figure, you're going to be on everything worldwide.
Here's a link to a cover of rumored possible manga book with Barron Trump, just from his apperance on election night.
Apparently he fits the subgenre in manga for "Beautiful boys". Japan twitter was going crazy about him.

Link to cover:
http://www.avclub.com/article/little-barron-trump-his-way-becoming-manga-icon-246367

They don't use Trump's face to show his son is standing behind him, just the side of him. Something to reference too. And this was an image broadcast on the news.

Offline MarilynVix

• Northern California
    • View Profile
So, just throwing it out there, how is the progress going with this? I am hoping it is still on track to be published. I hope that the talks about the cover haven't derailed it.

Offline elizabethbarone

• Watertown, CT
  • Contemporary Romance & Suspense
    • View Profile
    • Elizabeth Barone: Contemporary Romance & Suspense
I'm wondering how this is going, too. This is such a great project, so I hope it gets published!

Connect With Me: BlogFacebook | Instagram

Offline MarilynVix

• Northern California
    • View Profile
I'm wondering how this is going, too. This is such a great project, so I hope it gets published!
I know. I'd like to see it come through. I can tell there is interest. The thread has over 10k reads. So, hoping it will all come together like with the A Team. Just hanging in there, waiting, at this point.

Offline Spinneyhead

• Salford, England
    • View Profile
    • Spinneyhead
I can't wait, either. Because I'm so impatient, I've been inspired to start a project. (Also, I liked the title idea I came up with so much that I had to use it.) Alternative Facts: Totally True Tales Of Trump

I've started a mailing list to send flash fiction to every week, which is getting added to the book every month. This week, I think there has to be a spy theme to whatever I write.

Offline MarilynVix

• Northern California
    • View Profile
Just checking in again. It's been a couple of weeks since we've heard anything. Curious to see what is going on with this project. -Marilyn

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
  • Failure is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
I do apologize. I am swamped with paying work and have not had the time. At the back of my mind there is also concern about getting sued.
Professional editing more reliable than Bukowski's liquor bill:
 Get a free 10,000 word trial edit now (secret babies optional)
George Donnelly | GeorgeDonnelly.com | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon | Goodreads

Online alawston

• London
  • London-based writer and actor
    • View Profile
    • Andrew K Lawston's intermittent blogular adventures
I do apologize. I am swamped with paying work and have not had the time. At the back of my mind there is also concern about getting sued.

At this stage, my friend with the Trump/Putin slash has had their Facebook author page deleted a couple of times, a bit of trolling, and a few reviews deleted, but otherwise it's been fine.

Their book is openly hostile to the regime. My understanding was that this project was to be relatively evenly-balanced. I really don't think you have a great deal to worry about.

Broadly comic writer working across as many genres as he can. Acting done.
Andrew Lawston | Facebook | Twitter

Offline MarilynVix

• Northern California
    • View Profile
If we're really worried about using the Trump image, we could use other things on the cover like a ripped flag or full American flag. Or just a picture or image of the White House? I know a lot of the settings happen at the White House.
I think a lot of us are really wanting to see this move forward, and the hits on the thread tell us that there is interest.
-Marilyn

Offline MarilynVix

• Northern California
    • View Profile
Just checking in to see if things were still happening with this. I haven't lost hope.  ;D George? Are we getting close? I think a lot of us are still wanting this to happen. Please let us know. I'd hate to disappoint the people following the thread. I know I've got groups on FB interested in this coming out. Could we get a follow-up?

Offline Spinneyhead

• Salford, England
    • View Profile
    • Spinneyhead
Just checking in to see if things were still happening with this. I haven't lost hope.  ;D George? Are we getting close? I think a lot of us are still wanting this to happen. Please let us know. I'd hate to disappoint the people following the thread. I know I've got groups on FB interested in this coming out. Could we get a follow-up?
I know it's cheeky, but, in the meantime, they could check out my ever-growing Trump inspired flash fiction collection- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5X64OS

I can't wait to see the collection in (virtual) print either. I've got a story in the it, and enjoyed writing it so much that I decided to write at least one piece of flash fiction a week for the Alternative Facts project.

Offline MarilynVix

• Northern California
    • View Profile
I know it's cheeky, but, in the meantime, they could check out my ever-growing Trump inspired flash fiction collection- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5X64OS

I can't wait to see the collection in (virtual) print either. I've got a story in the it, and enjoyed writing it so much that I decided to write at least one piece of flash fiction a week for the Alternative Facts project.

I like your cover. Maybe it will work for this project too. I know there was all this controversy over the artist sketch of Trump on the anthology cover. I mean, if that is the only thing holding it up, just putting an American Flag or stock photo of the White House will work too. I'm just hoping this will get resurrected. I hope George gets back to us soon. It's been a few weeks now, and I'm wondering whether this will happen still. I really hope it does. ;-) If worse comes to worse, I'll hire a cover designer to do something, just to get this thing moving again. I really want to see this happen.

PM'ed George too. Hate to see this project die just from cover issues.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 12:46:25 PM by MarilynVix »

Offline ThomasDiehl

• MGladbach, Germany
    • View Profile
I kinda became the #1 Google result for the book's title completely by accident. I prepared a file for an iframe on my site to go live once the book is out. I didn't know Gogle actually indexes stuff that only occurs in iframes inside of elements set to invisible. So, that was weird.
All Hail the King series: 4%

How the Rain Gets In: 21%
English Blog | German Blog

Offline MarilynVix

• Northern California
    • View Profile
Bump. Just checking in to see if anything is happening with the project.  ;)

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
I'm trying to find the time to restart this and get it out the door. It's on my list.

Offline Bill Hiatt

• California
    • View Profile
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
I'm trying to find the time to restart this and get it out the door. It's on my list.
We all appreciate how difficult it is to find time to do everything we want to do.

FYI, I'm working with a small publisher (author plus a small staff) who does multi-author, thematic anthologies. Anthologies are published four or five months after the submissions close. You were trying to do it days after. No wonder the process was difficult for you! I suspect no one could keep up with that kind of timetable very easily.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
We all appreciate how difficult it is to find time to do everything we want to do.

FYI, I'm working with a small publisher (author plus a small staff) who does multi-author, thematic anthologies. Anthologies are published four or five months after the submissions close. You were trying to do it days after. No wonder the process was difficult for you! I suspect no one could keep up with that kind of timetable very easily.

Hehe, when it comes to work, my eyes are frequently bigger than my stomach. :)

Offline J.B.

• Califrickenfornia
    • View Profile
Is it available yet? I'm ready to ONE CLICK

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
Gosh, I am such a jerk. It is still on my todo list, I just have not made the time for it. I'm rolling my eyes at myself.

Online C. Gold

• View Profile
    • Golden Elm Publishing
Oh too bad no erotica, just saw a Chuck Tingle 'trump' tale that would probably be funny.
This sounds like a fun project, hope it makes it.

Offline MarilynVix

• Northern California
    • View Profile
Gosh, I am such a jerk. It is still on my todo list, I just have not made the time for it. I'm rolling my eyes at myself.
Still willing to help too. Just let me know what you'd like me to do. I think it still would work as a great read for people. The interest seems to still be there.

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
Still willing to help too. Just let me know what you'd like me to do. I think it still would work as a great read for people. The interest seems to still be there.

Are you willing to edit/proof them? Do you have access to Vellum? Could you load them in there?

Offline MarilynVix

• Northern California
    • View Profile
Are you willing to edit/proof them? Do you have access to Vellum? Could you load them in there?
I can do some editing and proofing. I just need to know which ones you want me to work on. I don't have Vellum. Sent you PM.

Offline Bill Hiatt

• California
    • View Profile
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
I don't have time to edit, but I have Vellum. If someone were to email me the finished product, I could get it set up on Vellum easily enough.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter