Author Topic: Accepting Submissions for a Donald Trump Flash Fiction Anthology, publish 1/20  (Read 14087 times)  

Online GeorgeDonnelly

• The Andes
  • "Everything you can imagine is real." - Picasso
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
YES! You've got it. Love all those ideas and can't wait to see your story/ies! This is gonna be fun. :)

often dystopian, frequently heroic and always engrossing: George Donnelly | GeorgeDonnelly.com | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon | Goodreads
Professional editing more reliable than Bukowski's liquor bill: Your words, better. Get a free 10,000 word trial edit now. - George Donnelly, your punctilious editor (secret babies optional)

Offline Spinneyhead

• Salford, England
    • View Profile
    • Spinneyhead
I wrote this a couple of days before the election- http://spinneyhead.co.uk/2016/11/02/time-trumps/ Time travel, alternate futures, and what happens when too many people jump back to the same point and space in time- all inspired by President Trump.

Appropriate? I'm going to give it another go over and then submit it.

Online GeorgeDonnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
I wrote this a couple of days before the election- http://spinneyhead.co.uk/2016/11/02/time-trumps/ Time travel, alternate futures, and what happens when too many people jump back to the same point and space in time- all inspired by President Trump.

Appropriate? I'm going to give it another go over and then submit it.

"To show that his fingers were long enough..." Hahah! Definitely aimed in the direction I'm going for. I look forward to reading the final story.

often dystopian, frequently heroic and always engrossing: George Donnelly | GeorgeDonnelly.com | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon | Goodreads
Professional editing more reliable than Bukowski's liquor bill: Your words, better. Get a free 10,000 word trial edit now. - George Donnelly, your punctilious editor (secret babies optional)

Offline ThomasDiehl

• MGladbach, Germany
    • View Profile
Spontaneously wrote down my ending when I woke up, now I have to get to it, but I already have a pretty good idea how.

Let's just say, his conclusions from the failure of his plan to give every animal on earth a DonTrump coiffure genetically are revelatory.
I also just learned the word "coiffure".

Best. Prompt. Ever!
All Hail the King series: 4%

How the Rain Gets In: 21%
English Blog | German Blog

Online GeorgeDonnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
Spontaneously wrote down my ending when I woke up, now I have to get to it, but I already have a pretty good idea how.

Let's just say, his conclusions from the failure of his plan to give every animal on earth a DonTrump coiffure genetically are revelatory.
I also just learned the word "coiffure".

Best. Prompt. Ever!

Hahaha, I like where this is going!

Offline AngryGames

• Boise, ID
  • Stoner Fiction Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • AngryGames
If you're looking for a "name" to use, I believe John Oliver's research into Trump's family name works best: Drumpf (look it up)

As for legal protection, if the Supreme Court believes that Larry Flynt's parody of Jerry Falwell's mother being a drunken slut getting stuffed in an outhouse, then I'm going to say pretty much whatever you can come up with will be fine (assuming you are clear on it being parody/satire and not suggesting anything you write is true, even if it is somewhat or all true lol).

Travis Hill | Author Website | Blog | Twitter | Goodreads

Offline MarilynVix

• Northern California
    • View Profile
    • Marilyn Vix Official Website
I don't usually share ideas while I'm still writing, but I'm done with the rough draft and revising. I already pitched George and he loved it.
So, it might help as an example of types of stories we can write.

I just wrote a flash fiction of Trump in the White House called: "A White House Carol".

Trump is visited by Lincoln's ghost on Christmas Eve.

So, I did a parody of "A Christmas Carol" using Trump's infamous favorite phrases, and gave a nice, twist ending typical in Flash Fiction. It portrays him as a presidential Scrooge. Now, I would figure supporters might be ok, because he is a bit grumpy like Scrooge.

It was A LOT of fun, especially writing what Lincoln said. So, I kind felt it is in the spirit of Cartoon Trump like on the Stephen Colbert show. At least, that's how I pictured him as I was writing. He does have a cartoon-like caricature that will continue into his Presidency. It's happened with EVERY president. If we write with that kind of spirit and satire, we should be fine.

Offline horrordude1973

• Texas
    • View Profile
I write extreme/bizarro horror so can I submit in that element? I got a fun idea already though some may not find it as fun lol and is there a fb page/group you are using so we can keep up with this also? I don't always check in here

Online GeorgeDonnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
I just wrote a flash fiction of Trump in the White House called: "A White House Carol".

Thanks Marilyn. It sounds excellent.

I write extreme/bizarro horror so can I submit in that element? I got a fun idea already though some may not find it as fun lol and is there a fb page/group you are using so we can keep up with this also? I don't always check in here

Bizarro Horror is absolutely perfect for this! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up.

To get reminders and updates for this anthology, please subscribe here: http://eepurl.com/cpsfJT

It won't be more than one email every couple weeks, I expect.

Offline horrordude1973

• Texas
    • View Profile

Bizarro Horror is absolutely perfect for this! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up.

To get reminders and updates for this anthology, please subscribe here: http://eepurl.com/cpsfJT

Great! I'm calling it "Trumped up P**sy"

Offline MarilynVix

• Northern California
    • View Profile

Signed up for the newsletter.
After reading all the ideas, I totally would be happy to beta read for anyone. I had a dream about a Cartoon Trump last night.
I think my creative juices are flowing. Enjoying the high from it.

Offline Anna Drake

• View Profile
    • Anna Drake
Oh, wow. I write cozy mysteries, and I want in! Fantastic idea. The Donald as a cozy sleuth. What fun. Yes, I'd love for you to give me a quick edit or proof read.  Brilliant idea.
Anna Drake | Website | Twitter | Amazon | Facebook

Online GeorgeDonnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
Signed up for the newsletter.
After reading all the ideas, I totally would be happy to beta read for anyone. I had a dream about a Cartoon Trump last night.
I think my creative juices are flowing. Enjoying the high from it.

I'm enjoying the high from everyone else's highs. :D I've had a few decent ideas come to me as well. This is going to be a lot of fun!

Oh, wow. I write cozy mysteries, and I want in! Fantastic idea. The Donald as a cozy sleuth. What fun. Yes, I'd love for you to give me a quick edit or proof read.  Brilliant idea.

Wonderful. I love that idea! Looking forward to reading your story. :)

Offline Bill Hiatt

• California
    • View Profile
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
I don't usually share ideas while I'm still writing, but I'm done with the rough draft and revising. I already pitched George and he loved it.
So, it might help as an example of types of stories we can write.

Trump is visited by Lincoln's ghost on Christmas Eve.

So, I did a parody of "A Christmas Carol" using Trump's infamous favorite phrases, and gave a nice, twist ending typical in Flash Fiction. It portrays him as a presidential Scrooge. Now, I would figure supporters might be ok, because he is a bit grumpy like Scrooge.

It was A LOT of fun, especially writing what Lincoln said. So, I kind felt it is in the spirit of Cartoon Trump like on the Stephen Colbert show. At least, that's how I pictured him as I was writing. He does have a cartoon-like caricature that will continue into his Presidency. It's happened with EVERY president. If we write with that kind of spirit and satire, we should be fine.
I love it! Unfortunately, it means I'm going to have to scrap my Christmas Carol parody. Sigh!

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Online GeorgeDonnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
I love it! Unfortunately, it means I'm going to have to scrap my Christmas Carol parody. Sigh!

I don't see why. We could devote a whole section to them if we get enough.

Offline Bill Hiatt

• California
    • View Profile
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
I don't see why. We could devote a whole section to them if we get enough.
Well, the details were different in mine, so perhaps they would be complementary rather than duplicative. I'll let you decide when the time comes. I'll also submit a second story, so if you feel they have too much overlap, I'll still have at least one in the anthology.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Offline MarilynVix

• Northern California
    • View Profile
There could be two or more. There are a lot of different parodies and versions of "A Christmas Carol". Depends on what you do with it.

Offline Abalone

• View Profile
Do a series of Joe Biden ones, too.

Online GeorgeDonnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
George, you wonderful, beautiful person! Seeing your post this weekend got me out of my funk and into writing. I banged out my submission this weekend, which was therapeutic even if I don't get accepted. So thank you for that.

I've submitted. (And by Google, I hope I did it right. I have very little experience with Google Docs and Drive. 😳)

Thank you again George. Seriously.

Glad to be of service! Thanks for your submission, looking forward to reading it. :)

Do a series of Joe Biden ones, too.

Ha, that's an interesting idea. Maybe a bunch of Biden and Obama ones, like the memes:

http://distractify.com/trending/2016/11/16/best-of-joe-biden-and-obama-memes

« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 01:46:01 PM by Betsy the Quilter »

Online GeorgeDonnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
Guys, we're up to 2 submissions. Free steaks for everybody when we hit 20!

Offline alawston

• London
  • London-based writer and actor
    • View Profile
    • Andrew K Lawston's intermittent blogular adventures
OK. One question.

Erotica?

Humorous erotica, obviously. But very much with dongs involved.

Broadly comic writer working across as many genres as he can. Acting done.
Andrew Lawston | Facebook | Twitter

Online GeorgeDonnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
OK. One question.

Erotica?

Humorous erotica, obviously. But very much with dongs involved.

Alan, I would love to incorporate some really funny erotica but I'm concerned about getting dungeoned, so I'll say no on the erotica front.

Maybe we can do a separate trump erotica anthology. Maybe he's the next big thing in erotica now that the tentacle trend has died down? :D

Online Lydniz

• UK
    • View Profile
    • Credentials
Alan, I would love to incorporate some really funny erotica but I'm concerned about getting dungeoned, so I'll say no on the erotica front.

Maybe we can do a separate trump erotica anthology. Maybe he's the next big thing in erotica now that the tentacle trend has died down? :D
I just did a little bit of sick in my mouth.

Offline alawston

• London
  • London-based writer and actor
    • View Profile
    • Andrew K Lawston's intermittent blogular adventures

Darn, I just did some thinkstorming as well. If I can rein in the smut (but keep the innuendo), I may submit something along those lines in any case. If you think it's still overstepping the mark, I have an alternative home for it with Something Nicest coming out at the end of next year :)

Broadly comic writer working across as many genres as he can. Acting done.
Andrew Lawston | Facebook | Twitter

Online GeorgeDonnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
I just did a little bit of sick in my mouth.

Hahaha / sorry!

Darn, I just did some thinkstorming as well. If I can rein in the smut (but keep the innuendo), I may submit something along those lines in any case. If you think it's still overstepping the mark, I have an alternative home for it with Something Nicest coming out at the end of next year :)

Super, I look forward to reading it, Alan!