Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.

Author Topic: The BEST ever Donald Trump Flash Fiction Anthology is now available at Amazon  (Read 17457 times)  

Offline MarilynVix

• Northern California
    • View Profile
    • Marilyn Vix Official Website
LOL, I want to fit this in somewhere.

Sad could work, thanks! I've penciled it in.

I'd have to agree with the "weak" more implied to seeming that the stories are weak. Maybe another one of the 10 adjectives in his vocabulary would work better(I'm not trying to demean, I had to study his character to make a parody, and he has like only 10 adjectives for things.) Tremendous, great, terrific, and wonderful are just a few off the top of my head. If worse comes to worse, he uses a lot of them over and over in his tweets. We can always just double check there.

I have to also add, maybe fate had better intentions in delaying the project. I think the audience has only gotten bigger for it thanks to Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel, Seth Meyers, SNL, Samantha Bee, and "The President's Show" just to name a few. "The President's Show" is a full parody show of the President with his cabinet and advicers. So, it's protected. As a parody anthology and Trump now a world public figure, I think we'll be protected under the first amendment. Presidents have been made parody characters for decades now. It's the American way. ;-) And just like the American way, no one HAS to read it. They can choose to or not to.

Offline elizabethbarone

• Watertown, CT
  • Contemporary Romance & Suspense
    • View Profile
    • Elizabeth Barone: Contemporary Romance & Suspense
I'd have to agree with the "weak" more implied to seeming that the stories are weak. Maybe another one of the 10 adjectives in his vocabulary would work better(I'm not trying to demean, I had to study his character to make a parody, and he has like only 10 adjectives for things.) Tremendous, great, terrific, and wonderful are just a few off the top of my head. If worse comes to worse, he uses a lot of them over and over in his tweets. We can always just double check there.

I have to also add, maybe fate had better intentions in delaying the project. I think the audience has only gotten bigger for it thanks to Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel, Seth Meyers, SNL, Samantha Bee, and "The President's Show" just to name a few. "The President's Show" is a full parody show of the President with his cabinet and advicers. So, it's protected. As a parody anthology and Trump now a world public figure, I think we'll be protected under the first amendment. Presidents have been made parody characters for decades now. It's the American way. ;-) And just like the American way, no one HAS to read it. They can choose to or not to.

Yeah, I think the timing is perfect, too.

Connect With Me: BlogFacebook | Instagram

Online lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
    • Lynda Belle's Blog/Website
Can't wait for this to come out. Been waiting almost a year now. Looking forward to this.  ;D

Lynda Belle | Website | Amazon Author Page

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
  • Failure is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
The Trump anthology is out! I think our stories should really go viral, they are that good, so please share this and blog about it. Let me know if you need anything. :)

Here's the announcement blog post: http://georgedonnelly.com/trump-anthology-now/

Here's the Amazon page: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077XNNXW3

I emailed my fellow authors just now. If you didn't get the email, let me know at me@georgedonnelly.com.

I'll be rolling it out to InstaFreebie as an exclusive soon, then wide to the other retailers. I'll endeavor to make it permafree at that point.

Thanks! So glad to finally publish this. A real pleasure working with you all. Many thanks to the fine KBoards moderators for their indulgence.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 01:47:06 PM by George Donnelly »
Professional editing more reliable than Bukowski's liquor bill:
 Get a free 10,000 word trial edit now (secret babies optional)
George Donnelly | GeorgeDonnelly.com | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon | Goodreads

Offline MarilynVix

• Northern California
    • View Profile
Re: The BEST ever Donald Trump Flash Fiction Anthology is now available at Amazon
« Reply #229 on: December 07, 2017, 02:24:24 PM »
The Trump anthology is out! I think our stories should really go viral, they are that good, so please share this and blog about it. Let me know if you need anything. :)

Here's the announcement blog post: http://georgedonnelly.com/trump-anthology-now/

Here's the Amazon page: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077XNNXW3

I emailed my fellow authors just now. If you didn't get the email, let me know at me@georgedonnelly.com.

I'll be rolling it out to InstaFreebie as an exclusive soon, then wide to the other retailers. I'll endeavor to make it permafree at that point.

Thanks! So glad to finally publish this. A real pleasure working with you all. Many thanks to the fine KBoards moderators for their indulgence.

HAZZAH! Way to go George in getting this all up and going. It was a lot of work, and hopefully it's going to entertain lots of people for the Holidays and beyond. Plus, the whole thread just shows how much work goes into creating one of these anthologies. Thank you so much for your effort and organizing skills in putting this together. If we didn't have a head editor at the helm the project, it wouldn't have happened. Thank you for taking it on!

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
Re: The BEST ever Donald Trump Flash Fiction Anthology is now available at Amazon
« Reply #230 on: December 07, 2017, 02:27:21 PM »
You're very kind, Marilyn, but it wouldn't have happened without your valuable assistance and without your valiant and unflagging efforts to keep me from forgetting about this. Thanks!!

Offline MarilynVix

• Northern California
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 07, 2017, 02:56:10 PM »
You're very kind, Marilyn, but it wouldn't have happened without your valuable assistance and without your valiant and unflagging efforts to keep me from forgetting about this. Thanks!!

Your welcome. I just wanted to see this project get out there in the end. I had a lot of friends that were wanting to read it, and I could see there was a need. Hopefully, it will give some laughter to people and help them get through their day. That's all any writer could wish.

Online Sam Kates

• UK
  • From the land of song and dragons.
    • View Profile
    • Sam Kates
« Reply #232 on: December 07, 2017, 03:50:11 PM »
I'm glad it's out - I want to read it.

sam kates

Offline geronl

• View Profile
    • Floyd Looney's Sci-Fi
« Reply #233 on: December 07, 2017, 04:44:14 PM »
shared on Facebook

Floyd Looney

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
« Reply #234 on: December 07, 2017, 04:50:32 PM »
Thanks guys, hope you enjoy it. I think it's a lot of fun. :)

Online lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 07, 2017, 05:32:14 PM »
*HAPPY DANCE* Going to send out the info on my social media.  ;) Congratulations everyone!

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly

Offline CoraBuhlert

• Bremen, Germany
    • View Profile
    • Cora Buhlert
« Reply #237 on: December 07, 2017, 07:25:25 PM »
I'm really happy to finally see this anthology available.

I tweeted and blogged about the anthology today. Unfortunately, I sent out my newsletter only yesterday, so I won't send another today. However, I have one more newsletter coming up before the holidays and the anthology will be mentioned in that one.

Online lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 07, 2017, 11:08:35 PM »
We're #76 in sci-fi anthologies. https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/digital-text/158593011/#4
Just saw it's up to #45 in the sci-fi anthologies now. It's climbing up! Awesome! Great to see this book on the move up.

Online ThomasDiehl

• MGladbach, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 08, 2017, 01:47:57 AM »
Well, I know what I'll be writing about today. Awesome!
All Hail the King series: 4%

How the Rain Gets In: 21%
English Blog | German Blog

Offline elizabethbarone

• Watertown, CT
  • Contemporary Romance & Suspense
    • View Profile
    • Elizabeth Barone: Contemporary Romance & Suspense
« Reply #240 on: December 08, 2017, 08:11:08 AM »
We're Top 100 in all three categories. :D

Connect With Me: BlogFacebook | Instagram

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
« Reply #241 on: December 08, 2017, 08:12:41 AM »
Anyone know of any blogs that might like to cover this? Or that we could do a giveaway with? Any influencers that might find this attractive? Let me know if you come up with any ideas.

Offline CoraBuhlert

• Bremen, Germany
    • View Profile
    • Cora Buhlert
« Reply #242 on: December 08, 2017, 10:00:06 PM »
Hi George,

I ran this by Jessica and we'd be willing to feature the anthology at the Speculative Fiction Showcase. I should have everything I need already except for the large version of the cover and a brief excerpt, unless you want me to take an excerpt from my own story.

Offline George Donnelly

• The Andes
    • View Profile
    • Author George Donnelly
« Reply #243 on: December 09, 2017, 04:39:46 AM »
Awesome, thanks Cora. I will email you something. Tho I think your email provider rejects my emails.

Offline Spinneyhead

• Salford, England
    • View Profile
    • Spinneyhead
« Reply #244 on: December 09, 2017, 05:06:11 AM »
Anyone know of any blogs that might like to cover this? Or that we could do a giveaway with? Any influencers that might find this attractive? Let me know if you come up with any ideas.
Well, there is one person with lots of Twitter followers who may be interested in the collection.

I've tried to get his attention in a tweet......

Offline Becca Mills

• California
    • View Profile
    • The Active Voice
« Reply #245 on: December 09, 2017, 07:00:48 AM »
Now that the recruiting and organizational effort for this anthology is complete, we feel the PM system will suffice for further discussion. FYI, if you get into your PM preferences, you can thread your PMs like gmail conversations, with "Reply All" including everyone who received the most recent message. Makes group conversations easy. :)