Author Topic: Add-on Items  (Read 675 times)  

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
  • Member #1600 since January 15, 2009
    • View Profile
Add-on Items
« on: November 27, 2016, 12:33:51 PM »
Is there an easy way to check on add-on items when you have a qualifying order?  I wish (and have sent feedback to Amazon) that part of the checkout process included a pop-up or reminder that you have a qualifying order to get add-on items. 

I don't do it often enough that I just "remember" to check on add-ons.  I think I would use the option more if there is an easy way to check what is available when I do order enough stuff to begin with.  Aren't grocery items frequently available as add-ons? Am I missing a drop-down or search function specifically for add-on available items?

Am I correct that you can have multiple add-on items in a single order if the initial order qualifies?  I did finally remember on my last of 8 separate orders over the last 3 days (any one of which would have met the requirement) when a Nerf gun I was looking at was only available as an add-on.  I then added that, some Barbie clothes, and a 10-pack of capacitive touch styli (only $2.36 for all 10, pretty colors!). 

I already have the email that all 9 items on that order will be here on Wednesday, so I guess I answered my own question about multiple add-ons in one order.
A book, I think, is very like a little golden door.
That takes me into places where I've never been before.
It leads me into fairyland or countries strange and far.
And, best of all, the golden door always stands ajar. - Adelaide Love

Offline CegAbq

• Albuquerque, NM
    • View Profile
Re: Add-on Items
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 01:15:06 PM »
I created a Wishlist named "check before ordering" for things like that. I also use it for things I re-order regularly and am trying to bunch orders together.
Carol in 'burque

Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to Skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and shouting: Damn-What a ride!

Online Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 01:29:35 PM »
I have had orders where all the items were add ons. As long as the total is $25 when there are one or more add on in the order, its fine.

I also have a wishlist called add ones for things I might need but are only available as add on. So sometimes I have only add on in the order.

My post reads really weird with all the add ons.  :-X

Member since 11/20/2008 | Atunah's Romance Haus | Goodreads |
It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach -- Diana Gabaldon, Outlander

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 01:55:26 PM »
I have had orders where all the items were add ons. As long as the total is $25 when there are one or more add on in the order, its fine.

I also have a wishlist called add ones for things I might need but are only available as add on. So sometimes I have only add on in the order.

My post reads really weird with all the add ons.  :-X

Wow!  Good information.  I had no idea you could use all add-on items as long as you hit the minimum order requirement.  I always thought it had to be a minimum "regular" order first.

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Oklahoma
  • Card-carrying melodrama villain
    • View Profile
    • All about me....<hee hee>
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 03:10:40 PM »
Wow!  Good information.  I had no idea you could use all add-on items as long as you hit the minimum order requirement.  I always thought it had to be a minimum "regular" order first.

Been awhile since I did it, but my memory is that Atunah is right, you can include add-on items to reach the minimum.

I ordered some tiny batteries that were only $2.36, but were NOT add-on items. I'd been thinking that I'd have to find something to build the order up, but Amazon actually went by 2-day shipping an order for $2.36. They aren't as aggressive in making some things add-on items that deserve that status.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 03:12:43 PM by The Hooded Claw »

(Make your own reading bar)
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."  - Albert Einstein

Offline HSh

• Homicide, She Typed
  • Manslaughter, She Inscribed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 04:22:39 PM »
I know this is a late reply, but I recently noticed there's a little thing to click on add on items: add to next qualifying order.  Anyone else seeing that?  It might be a test, or something they've rolled out to make it easier to keep track of?  (Yes, I've also made ordered of all / most add on items, and it works fine!) 
Hollis Shiloh  | My blog | Amazon page

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 04:29:51 PM »
I know this is a late reply, but I recently noticed there's a little thing to click on add on items: add to next qualifying order.  Anyone else seeing that?  It might be a test, or something they've rolled out to make it easier to keep track of?  (Yes, I've also made ordered of all / most add on items, and it works fine!) 

I haven't noticed that yet, but it could be handy if it shows up!  I've started an Add-on Items wish list and I just double check it when I hit a qualifying order now.

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 04:56:04 PM »
I've used the "add to next qualifying order" a couple of times now.  Works well.

And I thought you had to have $25 first, then the add-on, but the last time I ordered it was obvious that the add-ons were counted towards the $25.

Interestingly, my add-on items are arriving before the base items I ordered. ::)

Betsy
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 04:59:07 PM by Betsy the Quilter »
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 06:07:26 PM »

Where is that you have to click to add it to the next qualifying order? I don't know if it's that I just can't see it or that it's not available to us in the UK yet.
"A person who publishes books, willfully appears before the populace with his pants down." Edna St. Vincent Millay

Member since 03/17/2010 | (make your own reading bar) |
My Kindles: Kindle Voyage  | Kindle Paperwhite  |  Fire HD 10  | Kindle DX  | Kindle Touch

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2016, 07:02:05 PM »
Linda,

you add the item to your cart, and then click "save for later."  It shows up once the item is "saved for later."  That's how it is on Amazon.com, anyway.

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 07:33:00 AM »
Thanks, Betsy. I tried it, but that tick box doesn't show up for me on Amazon UK. :(

I guess we'll get it ..... eventually.
"A person who publishes books, willfully appears before the populace with his pants down." Edna St. Vincent Millay

Member since 03/17/2010 | (make your own reading bar) |
My Kindles: Kindle Voyage  | Kindle Paperwhite  |  Fire HD 10  | Kindle DX  | Kindle Touch

Online Becca Mills

• U.S.
    • View Profile
    • The Active Voice
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2016, 10:22:52 AM »
If you just put the add-on items in your cart, do they prevent you from checking out unless you've hit the $25 threshold? If they don't prevent checkout, they could just sit there until you do have a $25+ order.