Why not Join Amazon Kindle Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial?

Author Topic: New Fire HD8 Loading my own Music  (Read 643 times)  

Offline joangolfing

• View Profile
New Fire HD8 Loading my own Music
« on: December 19, 2016, 05:28:49 PM »
I just want to play the music I load onto my HD8 Music Section.(The MP3's that I buy on Amazon and the CD's that I download onto it.)
I don't want to have all the other musical choices interfering with finding my pieces. It is very difficult to make playlists and locate my pieces on the Kindle.
Is there a simple way to do this?

Offline joangolfing

• View Profile
Re: New Fire HD8 Loading my own Music
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 05:00:35 AM »
I'll answer my own question.  I discovered that looking in the RECENT section of the opening screen has the music I loaded.  It is helpful to use this instead of searching through the music section.

Offline barryem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 12:27:44 PM »
I keep a lot of MP3 files on my Fire; not music but short story readings, old time radio shows and BBC audio drama.  I usually use some 3rd party app to play them.  The one I'm currently using is called Folder Player.  I have installed Google Play on my Fire so I may have gotten that from them, but I think it came from Amazon.  Not real sure.

I just checked.  Amazon has it for the Fire.

I make a sub folder for each thing I want to play and then tell it to play the contents of that folder in order.  That gives me complete control over what will play.  It's usually just a single MP3 file since I usually listen to one show/story/drama at a time.  I use ES File Manager to copy whatever I plan to play into the play folder so it's pretty dynamic.  You could make the equivalent of playlists that way too.  I've never bothered with playlists so I don't know if it has that capability or not.

I'm not particularly recommending this player but just giving it as an example of one that works for me.  There are a lot of 3rd party MP3 players to choose from and it should be easy to find one that meets your needs.

Barry

Offline joangolfing

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 07:34:10 AM »
Thanks Barry, I got Folder Player and ES file manager and it seems to let me organize my own music. Not a simple task but it improves what I was able to load onto my HD8 and then find when I want to. And it allows me to put mp3's into folders that become playlists. This wasn't allowed when I tried to do it plugged into my computer. I appreciate your help.