Author Topic: My experience with KDP paperback publishing  (Read 3006 times)  

Offline NeilMosspark

• Building a universe
    • View Profile
Re: My experience with KDP paperback publishing
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2016, 12:31:38 PM »
It's still very glitchy. I set up a paperback, had it vanish from CS (as expected) and made sales from the Amazon store but no sales are showing and neither is the black line. Their technical team is looking into it, meanwhile I have no data whatsoever.
I had similar issues with sales not showing but they only show when the book is physically shipped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neil Mosspark | Website | Twitter Feed | Facebook Page

Offline CJArcher

• View Profile
    • CJ Archer
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2016, 01:30:02 PM »
My KDP published paperback has the print price slashed through on the kindle page. I can also order a copy here in Australia just fine. It will be shipped from the US though, as all print books are, since Amazon only has a virtual presence here in Australia.

That's what I needed to know, thanks Rinnelle. So nothing's changed then. I always order my author copies from Amazon.com using my affiliate gift card, so I wanted to make sure I still could.

It's the last one in my sig; From Garden To Grave.
It's MIA on amazon.ca, but available on amazon. com. I could order it from the U.S. site, but if I was only checking .ca I wouldn't even know it was available.

And yes, there are no proof or author-discounted copies available, although amazon says they will be "eventually."

I just confirmed what Rinelle said and I can see the paperback of your book, Rickie, and order it too. So that's all good. We Aussies can't get anyone's paperbacks from the AU store, we have to order them from the US store. You had me worried that we couldn't do that anymore - glad to see it's not so.  :)

C.J. Archer: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Tumblr

Offline thevoiceofone

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2018, 05:59:36 AM »
Does anyone know if paperbacks through KDP still aren't available in Canada or Australia?

I don't use it. I use createspace but a friend of mine recently used kdp paperback and said that the book didn't show up in Canada.

Would be interested to know what the latest is on this

Offline sailingthevoid

• View Profile
    • dan-harris.net
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2018, 01:39:58 PM »
Does anyone know if paperbacks through KDP still aren't available in Canada or Australia?

I don't use it. I use createspace but a friend of mine recently used kdp paperback and said that the book didn't show up in Canada.

Would be interested to know what the latest is on this

According to Amazon themselves, they're still only available in the US, Japan and Europe.

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/G202059560
The Unity Sequence

Offline northstar

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2018, 02:37:04 PM »
I asked Amazon recently and they said they're looking into adding Canada. The more they hear from people, the faster that will happen, I suspect. Email and tell them you want your books available on the .ca and .au sites.

Offline thevoiceofone

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2018, 07:04:26 AM »
I asked Amazon recently and they said they're looking into adding Canada. The more they hear from people, the faster that will happen, I suspect. Email and tell them you want your books available on the .ca and .au sites.

Seems odd that Createspace ( who is a parent of Amazon) can handle Canada and Australia but KDP who is Amazon can't?

That right there is the reason i don't publish paperbacks through KDP. I want to have my paperbacks in Canada and Australia.

So odd they wouldn't have this in place when trying to get authors to use them.

Offline TromboneAl

• Name IRL: Al Macy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2018, 07:52:33 AM »
Thanks for the info.

I'll give up Createspace when they pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Al Macy | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter