by M. R. Mathias

$ 3.99
Kindle Edition published 2017-07-09
Bestseller ranking: 7762

Product Description
Taerak's Void
(Book One of Fantastica)
A new series by multiple award winning author, M. R. Mathias

After finding a strange medallion and some maps with markings that no one in his village can understand, Braxton Bray decides to take it all to the Hall of Scholars in the kingdom's capital. But greed is everywhere. Braxton and a tough young female caravan guard named Nixy are forced to run for their lives, for someone else wants what Braxton found and is willing to go to great lengths to take it from him.

With a hefty, kingdom wide, bounty on their heads, not even the great wizards of the Sorcerious can help them. Left with nothing but each other, Braxton and Nixy have no choice but to get on a ship and go on an adventure that will take them places they would have otherwise never imagined. Elves, dwarves, giant gothicans, and trolls, treacherous forests on distant shores, love, death, terror, and magic all await...

Author Topic: So, what are you reading in 2017?  (Read 7794 times)  

Offline Elsye_Harwood

• View Profile
    • Elsye Harwood
Re: So, what are you reading in 2017?
« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2017, 02:30:29 PM »

Sorry not read GoT, though I do watch it.

I've recently finished Karen Maitland's, The Vanishing Witch. It was pretty good but it took a while for the plot to  really draw me in or to  feel involved with the characters.
I'm now reading another of hers The Raven's Head. I started it on Saturday morning and though I've also managed to write almost 20,000 words as well since then,  I'm already half way through.
Great book, it's well paced, and certainly keeps you turning the pages.  Probably almost up there with  her  brilliant Company Of Liars.
Historical fantasy mainly but knowing me it'll be all the ones I read as a child. Enid Blyton Scifi?
Elsye Harwood | My Blog | Facebook | Twitter

Offline Natasha Holme

• London, UK
    • View Profile
    • Lesbian Crush Diaries
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2017, 08:31:57 AM »
Money by Martin Amis.

Natasha Holme, Author
Lesbian Crush Diaries series

Website | Goodreads | Twitter | Facebook

Online A.Q.

• Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2017, 07:02:01 PM »
Well, just like I anticipated, I'm reading Pandora's Star... again. I really need to get a new copy of this book - it's a first edition paperback, and is pretty big (the second book I bought much later and is much smaller, at least in terms of height)
The Commonwealth Crisis: A Time to Kill: 20%
Bradley Hutchinson | Facebook

The Commonwealth Crisis: Prologue