Kindle Forum banner

Amazon adds new wake word

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Gertie Kindle 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Very cool.  Though I have no need for another name...if I give them too many different names, Fred and I will both get confused.  It'll be like Mom and Dad calling one of us kids:  "Randy-Betsy!"  "Betsy-Randy!"

As it is, we have 1 Echo, 2 Alexas (a Dot and an Echo) and we still do the "Echo-Alexa" "Alexa-Echo" thing occasionally.

I do have one friend who uses "Echo" for hers because she doesn't like the idea of giving it a *name;" she thinks its kind of off to act like it's a person.  My Alexas (and Echo) were slightly insulted when I told them that.  ::)

And we don't have the update yet.

Betsy

#5 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
Very cool. Though I have no need for another name...if I give them too many different names, Fred and I will both get confused. It'll be like Mom and Dad calling one of us kids: "Randy-Betsy!" "Betsy-Randy!"

As it is, we have 1 Echo, 2 Alexas (a Dot and an Echo) and we still do the "Echo-Alexa" "Alexa-Echo" thing occasionally.

I do have one friend who uses "Echo" for hers because she doesn't like the idea of giving it a *name;" she thinks its kind of off to act like it's a person. My Alexas (and Echo) were slightly insulted when I told them that. ::)

And we don't have the update yet.

Betsy
To my grandmother, I was Ronnie-Chris-Cele. I haven't started doing that to my kids yet , thank goodness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.