Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.

Author Topic: World Trade Center Museum  (Read 962 times)  

Offline JayandFunGoo

• New York
  • I'm looking to make new friends. Please message me
    • View Profile
    • i Like Ebooks
World Trade Center Museum
« on: January 20, 2017, 09:11:30 PM »
Hello - I was a 1st responder and this past March was the 1st time that I went into the Museum. Below are just photos that I took and felt like this might be a good opportunity to share them.  Any questions about the pics, I will try my best to explain them.    If you like the pics - please say so below :-)

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 07:06:35 AM by JayandFunGoo »
Authors - Click here and submit your book for promotion. It only takes 5 minutes :-)

Offline JayandFunGoo

• New York
    • View Profile
    • i Like Ebooks
Re: World Trade Center Museum
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 03:43:20 PM »
guess no ones likes it?
Authors - Click here and submit your book for promotion. It only takes 5 minutes :-)

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Oklahoma
  • Card-carrying melodrama villain
    • View Profile
    • All about me....<hee hee>
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 07:03:47 PM »
Going in there must've been tough to do! My thanks for being there on that day.

Sadly, many participants, including me, don't visit this forum often enough, which leads to little new content, which means a vicious cycle....thanks for posting, and don't give up! If you,post it, they will come...

(Make your own reading bar)
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."  - Albert Einstein

Offline NogDog

• Ankh-Morpork
  • My best friend Noggin -- R.I.P.
    • View Profile
    • eBookworm.us
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 01:38:31 PM »
I want to know more about your dog. :)

Music Ed. major working as a software developer -- go figure | Member since 04/30/2009 | My Blog | GoodReads page
"Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett in Night Watch

Offline R. Doug

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 03:34:33 PM »
guess no ones likes it?

Not true.  I just got back into the country, and this was my first real chance to visit your thread.  Thanks for posting.
R. Doug Wicker

Mystery

Mystery
The Globe
The Globe is a ship that has everything
Including a serial killer with a large knife
and a penchant for the rich and beautiful.

Visit me at my Blog and on Facebook

Offline JayandFunGoo

• New York
    • View Profile
    • i Like Ebooks
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 07:03:46 AM »
I want to know more about your dog. :)

Well FunGoo is a 5yr old Borador (border collie / lab mix)  He was donated to me 3yrs ago when my seizures where at it's worse. FunGoo is a seizure assist dog - He can detect if and when I have a seizure. He is amazing and has saved my life 19 times already. 
He will let me know anywhere from 20min to 1min if I'm going to have a seizure.. Once he lets me know - I lay down on the floor.. if I go into a seizure - He will run to his pull cord phone and pull the cord to call ems and then he runs back to me and rests his big head on my neck so i do bang my head..

I live in a small town - all the ems know him and so does the town. He is pretty lovable :-)

Offline JayandFunGoo

• New York
    • View Profile
    • i Like Ebooks
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 07:07:57 AM »
Not true.  I just got back into the country, and this was my first real chance to visit your thread.  Thanks for posting.
Thanks - I like your ppk in the pic.. are all of those yours?

Offline R. Doug

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 08:15:56 AM »
Thanks - I like your ppk in the pic.. are all of those yours?

Yep.  Those, and a whole lot more.  I must have close to ten PP-series pistols by now, including the pictured S&W PPK in .32 ACP/7.65mm and an Interarms/Ranger PPK in .380 ACP/9mm kurz.  The rest are PPK/S and PP pistols in various calibers ranging from .22 LR to .380 ACP/9mm kurz.
R. Doug Wicker

Mystery

Mystery
The Globe
The Globe is a ship that has everything
Including a serial killer with a large knife
and a penchant for the rich and beautiful.

Visit me at my Blog and on Facebook

Offline NogDog

• Ankh-Morpork
  • My best friend Noggin -- R.I.P.
    • View Profile
    • eBookworm.us
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 11:19:10 AM »
Well FunGoo is a 5yr old Borador (border collie / lab mix)  He was donated to me 3yrs ago when my seizures where at it's worse. FunGoo is a seizure assist dog - He can detect if and when I have a seizure. He is amazing and has saved my life 19 times already. 
He will let me know anywhere from 20min to 1min if I'm going to have a seizure.. Once he lets me know - I lay down on the floor.. if I go into a seizure - He will run to his pull cord phone and pull the cord to call ems and then he runs back to me and rests his big head on my neck so i do bang my head..

I live in a small town - all the ems know him and so does the town. He is pretty lovable :-)

That's awesome (that you have FunGoo for that, not that you need him for it). I saw something about that a few years ago on some documentary or other about dogs, and thought it was one of the coolest things I'd heard of regarding ways dogs can help us -- among so many amazing other things. :)

Music Ed. major working as a software developer -- go figure | Member since 04/30/2009 | My Blog | GoodReads page
"Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett in Night Watch

Offline JayandFunGoo

• New York
    • View Profile
    • i Like Ebooks
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 12:17:26 PM »
That's awesome (that you have FunGoo for that, not that you need him for it). I saw something about that a few years ago on some documentary or other about dogs, and thought it was one of the coolest things I'd heard of regarding ways dogs can help us -- among so many amazing other things. :)

It is amazing! I did not ever think my life would depend on a furry, drooling, barking dog..  I dont know what I would do with out him -  He is sitting next to me right now taking a nap. lol

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 07:09:40 AM »
The museum must bring back some difficult memories for you - most of us can only try to imagine what it must have been like on that day.

But what a wonderful companion you have in FunGoo. I have to ask, where did that name come from?
"A person who publishes books, willfully appears before the populace with his pants down." Edna St. Vincent Millay

Member since 03/17/2010 | (make your own reading bar) |
My Kindles: Kindle Voyage  | Kindle Paperwhite  |  Fire HD 10  | Kindle DX  | Kindle Touch

Offline JayandFunGoo

• New York
    • View Profile
    • i Like Ebooks
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 10:14:18 AM »
The museum must bring back some difficult memories for you - most of us can only try to imagine what it must have been like on that day.

But what a wonderful companion you have in FunGoo. I have to ask, where did that name come from?

LoL - My daughter named him = because he is fun and at night he drools goo  so his name is now FunGoo lol

Offline prairiesky

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 09:32:40 AM »
I am tearing up just looking at your photos...I'm not sure I would be able to actually tour the museum.
I do love the photos of your pup...he is beautiful.  How wonderful that he is such help for you!

Offline JayandFunGoo

• New York
    • View Profile
    • i Like Ebooks
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 06:47:12 AM »
I am tearing up just looking at your photos...I'm not sure I would be able to actually tour the museum.
I do love the photos of your pup...he is beautiful.  How wonderful that he is such help for you!

Thank you!  I didnt make it thru the whole museum... I started getting sick to my stomach.. I do plan on going back - I need to get over my fears... FunGoo said "Woof you for the complement."  ;D