Kindle Forum banner

Pre-mades and custom covers by BZN Studio Designs

15K views 95 replies 26 participants last post by  abgwriter 
#1 ·

CUSTOM COVERS - PRE-MADE COVERS - ADVERTISING GRAPHICS - AND MORE!

Hi, guys!
I meant to do this for a while now, since I felt the page needed a somewhat more professional introduction. I have been working with the amazing authors at Kboards for almost a year now, designing covers and graphics for them. I've loved every moment and I definitely want to work some more with you guys and learn some more. In this thread I'll be posting the new pre-mades I create as well as some portfolio samples as I finish them. I look forward to working with all of you!

PRICES:
Pre-Made Cover: Starting at $50.00
Custom Cover: Start at $150.00
Paperback Upgrade: $50.00
Typography and Layout: $85.00
Special offer for series writers: Order 3 covers or more and get a FREE series banner.

For more info or to check my gallery visit:
http://covers.bzndesignstudios.com/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bznstudiodesigns/
https://www.facebook.com/bznstudiodesigns

COVER SAMPLES (CUSTOM WORKS AND SOLD PREMADES):

See less See more
#6 ·
Greetings, abgwriter! You're welcome to promote your business and website here in the Writers' Cafe!

Now that you have an official thread, you'll want to add your listing to our Yellow Pages, found here: http://www.kboards.com/yp/. The listing is free to KB members and is completely self-service; you can add and edit your listing from the page. More information on our Yellow Pages listing can be found here.

In your thread here, we ask that the same basic rules be followed as we have for authors in the Book Bazaar: you may have this one thread about your service and must post to it rather than start a new thread each time. New threads about the service will be removed. Please bookmark this thread so that you can find it again when you want to post. You may not make back-to-back posts to the thread within seven days. If someone responds (as I'm doing with this post), you may reply to them, but otherwise you must wait seven days. Please note that very short or (one- or two-word) posts with no meaningful information are discouraged and may be deleted at the moderators' discretion. Lastly, your posts and images will need to meet our "forum decorum" guidelines, which is the case for every member.

Note that members are allowed to provide civil and honest feedback about your service to this thread. This feedback may include criticisms as well as kudos. You may respond in a civil manner. Members may also ask questions -- about how the service works, for example, or what they will get for their money, or whether your service adheres to Amazon's terms of service.

Disputes between you and clients should be handled off-site.

Thanks,
Becca
KBoards Moderator

(Note that this welcome does not constitute an endorsement or vetting of a service by KBoards. Members should do due diligence when considering using a service.)

#12 ·
Vinny OHare said:
Very nice covers! Good luck with your business.
Shawna Canon said:
Those are very good! I'll have to bookmark this so I can check your stuff next time I need a cover.
Thank you both, and thank you Shawna for keeping me in mind!

bookmaster said:
Your work is really impressive. Would you mind shedding some light on how you work and what tools you use?
Thank you! And as for shedding some light, I'll say it's nothing really that special. I work with the Adobe Creative Cloud studio, so most of my software tools are found there. As for the image tools, I also work a lot with Deviantart stock accounts and royalty free image sites such as Unsplash. I find that the stock images in these sites look less "stocky" and more unique. Sometimes authors bring their own stock and I'm more than happy to include them in the products, but I think a more unique look is definitely better. In that spirit, I also do a lot of custom photography in my own studio, so I can have images nobody else has ;). Other than that, my process is pretty normal. I make a conscious effort to focus on laying down a branding framework as I work, so that all my images can be expanded into series if the author wants to later on. Since series are all the rage now, is better to be safe and sorry and strong branding is I think one of the key things.
For instance this new pre-made series I just finished a couple of days ago:

I'm selling it as a series of 3, but if the author is thinking of expanding into more books, the work is pretty simple, because a good framework is already in place. This series can be taken into infinity, for as long as colors exist. Also, the model in this series is one of my own, so you won't find her pic anywhere else!
Thank you for the interest. I hope we'll get to work together sometime.

#13 ·
Congrats on getting things up and running.
I was just thinking I need to send you an email and I found your post.

I can't recomend Arel enough. You will never go wrong.
Since hiring her to revamp my covers and create a brand for me I have begun to have consistantdownlodads on my freebie where as previously it was 0 for months.

So thank you.
Hopefully her work is showing in my sig line. I did update it.

#14 ·
Hi, Marie!
I'm so glad the covers are working for you! I'm excited to see the three of them together all so pretty. Thanks for the shout out :-* and please don't hesitate to send me the e-mail if you need anything new done, I loved working with you!

And well I'll go ahead and drop in my newest pieces, in case someone is interested. All of these are pre-mades and available for purchase!

#15 ·
Hi, guys!
So I fixed the broken links in the thread (sorry for not realizing sooner that the images were not showing ??? ) and put it back on track. All the covers I show in here are for sale, and I will eliminate the ones no longer available from the display so there's no confusion. For now, I'll leave the newest batch below. Thanks so much for all the support the lovely people at kboards are giving me. It really is a blast to work with you guys!

#16 ·
Hi, guys!
I've been busy with orders lately (thank you for all the support and trust the good folks at Kboards have given me! :-* ) and a trip to Vegas at the beginning of the month, but I'm back on the saddle and with some new content I wanted to share!
Here are a couple of pre-mades that I just finished tinkering with:

And also, in honor of the brand-new live-action Beauty and The Beast that is premiering here in the states, an allegorical one, for the lovers of the classic (like me!):

#22 ·
Thank you for the nice words, guys!
And about the questions
ThomasDiehl said:
You list a source file option under the custom cover pricing. Is that also available for the premades?
Yes, the source file options also include pre-mades.

Doglover said:
I think your covers are among the best I have ever seen, but where are the prices?
All pre-mades are $50.00 and all custom are $150.00. You can see a complete list here: http://arebg452.deviantart.com/journal/Services-and-Pricing-660684271

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.