KB Featured Book
The Stone Thread: Second Chronicle
by J. Evangelisti

$ 1.99
Kindle Edition published 2014-07-09
Bestseller ranking: 602621

Product Description
This is a harrowing tale of survival in a post-apocalyptic dystopia.
What was once New York City in the past has become a new and protected home in 3000 AD for the survivors of this world but with a cost. Impossible rules are made to follow and without question. Citizens cannot leave the protected bubble that surrounds New York City as the world outside is unfit for human survival.
Tough law Enforcement Officer Cryton, a detective first class, struggles to survive each day and trusts no one. Cryton is brought in to solve a mystery by the organization that controls the city. He will meet Marsha, a woman with many secrets, whose secrets Cryton must unravel to solve a mystery that will destroy the inhabitants of the city. Marsha is a femme fatale, an attractive and seductive woman, who ultimately could bring disaster to a man who becomes involved with her.
This story will appeal to readers of suspenseful thrillers. The mysteries within the...

Author Topic: New OASIS better than older Oasis.  (Read 751 times)  

Offline INFINUS

• India
  • Follow The Sound Radiated From Light
    • View Profile
New OASIS better than older Oasis.
« on: February 08, 2017, 10:49:10 PM »

Story so Far ...
Ive purchased new Kindle Oasis on 2nd January 2017. Im not very technical person and doesnt have knack for spotting subtleties on electronic devices. Once the oasis have arrived Ive done all the basic check as suggested by KBoard.

I was happy using it until my fried arrived and pointed out the anomalies in oasis. Ive talked to Amazon help desk and they send me new device.

New Oasis arrived ...
New device has very different build quality. Cover is very soft, grainy, leathery like and much thicker than old one. Oasis is very white and light is evenly spread across screen. Screen is full flat and even. Buttons click with tactile feel.

I wonder ...
I wonder if Amazon sells different quality of devices? Share your experience.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Snowlek
    • View Profile
Re: New OASIS better than older Oasis.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 03:42:56 AM »
Story so Far ...
Ive purchased new Kindle Oasis on 2nd January 2017. Im not very technical person and doesnt have knack for spotting subtleties on electronic devices. Once the oasis have arrived Ive done all the basic check as suggested by KBoard.

I was happy using it until my fried arrived and pointed out the anomalies in oasis. Ive talked to Amazon help desk and they send me new device.

New Oasis arrived ...
New device has very different build quality. Cover is very soft, grainy, leathery like and much thicker than old one. Oasis is very white and light is evenly spread across screen. Screen is full flat and even. Buttons click with tactile feel.

I wonder ...

I'm confused by your question. The new one is fine, right? So, is there a problem? If there is, tell Amazon; if not, be happy! :) And don't worry about whether anyone else does or doesn't have a problem as their problem isn't yours. :D

Practically speaking, EVERY MANUFACTURER sells different quality devices. They may not mean too, but it is cost prohibitive, in most cases, to inspect EVERY unit for 100% consistency. If that's what you want, you need to buy only handmade items made by a master craftsman. Which is not really going to happen with technology. ::)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 03:45:25 AM by Ann in Arlington »

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline ellenoc

• Colorado
  • Mystery and romance
    • View Profile
    • Ellen O'Connell
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 11:56:07 AM »

I'm with Ann in that I doubt they do it deliberately, but it's probable that different runs of covers are slightly different, and from posts here it's obvious screens can be different. If I'm remembering right that you're the Oasis buyer who reported a defective raised bezel, that's was just plain a manufacturing defect.

Good for you in sending the defective one back and getting one that pleases.

Offline northofdivision

• Chicago
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 08:47:20 PM »
Interesting. Could you take pictures of the two devices and post pics of what you see as different? My experience through the years is that the models device to device are very similarly made and consistent.
Stanley
=====
HTC One (rooted Lollipop), Nexus 7 (rooted Lollipop)
Ipad Air (rooted), Kindle 2,3G,4,PW2, Voyage, Kobo HD Glo, Sony 5" PRS-350 w/multi-font/Zork hack

(Make your own reading bar)

Online isamilis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 03:27:03 AM »
Just want to share. I bought Oasis cover (Walnut color) and just delivered this afternoon. My original cover is black. Comparing them side by side, I found the new one is thicker and more weight compared to the black one. The leather is different (which I already predict), the walnut is like silky, while the black one is black dove. The weight difference is quite noticeable, you can feel it right away the difference when you pick up the kindle with the cover attached.

Not sure whether this is normal difference between black and walnut, or possibly Amazon improved their QA.