by M. R. Mathias

$ 3.99
Kindle Edition published 2017-07-09
Bestseller ranking: 8023

Product Description
Taerak's Void
(Book One of Fantastica)
A new series by multiple award winning author, M. R. Mathias

After finding a strange medallion and some maps with markings that no one in his village can understand, Braxton Bray decides to take it all to the Hall of Scholars in the kingdom's capital. But greed is everywhere. Braxton and a tough young female caravan guard named Nixy are forced to run for their lives, for someone else wants what Braxton found and is willing to go to great lengths to take it from him.

With a hefty, kingdom wide, bounty on their heads, not even the great wizards of the Sorcerious can help them. Left with nothing but each other, Braxton and Nixy have no choice but to get on a ship and go on an adventure that will take them places they would have otherwise never imagined. Elves, dwarves, giant gothicans, and trolls, treacherous forests on distant shores, love, death, terror, and magic all await...

Author Topic: Oasis & Oberon Sleeve?  (Read 946 times)  

Offline cc1013

• View Profile
Oasis & Oberon Sleeve?
« on: February 17, 2017, 06:39:24 PM »
Hi all!
I'm debating upgrading from the Voyage to the Oasis. I prefer to read without a cover and have been using my old Oberon sleeve for my Voyage. I love the sleeve and am curious if the Oasis would fit into it. I think it might be tight but can't tell from the dimensions. Figured someone on here might have tested it out. I did search but was unable to find an answer. Thanks in advance for any insight. I so wish Oberon still made these sleeves!!!

Offline ElaineOK

• Oklahoma
    • View Profile
    • Dowling Law Offices
Re: Oasis & Oberon Sleeve?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 06:16:48 PM »
I'm afraid I can't answer your question, but I just wanted to chime in on the Oberon sleeves.  The problem is that they just made too good a product.  My sleeve is currently protecting its 3rd Kindle, and it is in perfect condition. 

Elaine
Norman, OK

Offline lindnet

• Redding, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 08:24:08 PM »
Sorry, no answer here either, but I'm curious to find out.  One of the reasons (besides price) that I haven't tried the Oasis is that I am unwilling to give up my Oberon sleeve!

I hope someone has tried it and can let us know.
Linda

Offline HappyGuy

• Central FL
  • With God, nothing is enough for anything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 06:14:04 AM »
Don't know if this will help, but it looks like it should fit. Oasis is shorter but a bit wider and just slightly thicker (I assume that's with the cover on). The Oberon sleeve should be flexible enough to adjust to the slight change. You can always order the Oasis from Amazon with the knowledge that you could return it if it doesn't fit.

Voyage
6.4"H x 4.5"W x 0.30" D
(162 x 115 x 7.6 mm)

Oasis:
5.6"H x 4.8"W x 0.13-0.33"D
(143 x 122 x 3.4-8.5 mm)
"From the lips of infants and children you have ordained praise..." Psalms 8:2

Member 342

Offline cc1013

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 06:48:28 PM »
Hi all. I did end up purchasing the Oasis and unfortunately it does not fit in the Oberon sleeve due to the Oasis being "thick" on one side. Oh well. I love the Oasis enough that I am still keeping it and will use my Voyage in the Oberon sleeve as a backup.
FWIW, I found a member here that had both the Oasis and Oberon sleeve prior to ordering and she let me know that it would not fit. I decided to try out the Oasis anyway and am so happy that I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lindnet

• Redding, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 06:53:32 AM »
Hi all. I did end up purchasing the Oasis and unfortunately it does not fit in the Oberon sleeve due to the Oasis being "thick" on one side. Oh well. I love the Oasis enough that I am still keeping it and will use my Voyage in the Oberon sleeve as a backup.
FWIW, I found a member here that had both the Oasis and Oberon sleeve prior to ordering and she let me know that it would not fit. I decided to try out the Oasis anyway and am so happy that I did.

Thanks so much for the info!  I'm hoping they'll come out with another Kindle with page turn buttons; maybe that one will fit and I'd have my perfect Kindle!  :)
Linda

Offline AjaxMinoan

• Vancouver, USA.
  • I work at the Washington State University.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 03:15:46 AM »
So  much knowledge about sleeves. I've had a paperwhite for three years, and I still carry it around in the sales box.

Ray Buckridge | Newsvine