Author Topic: Book Rank (formerly Ram's Promo Stacker) - One Stop Promo Shop!  (Read 4543 times)  

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    • All My Dirty Stuff At Amazon!
UPDATE: Ram's Promo Stacker is now an optional "build your own" service within Book Rank (still managed and operated by yours truly).

www.book-rank.com

Need to promote your book but don't want any of the hassle involved with doing it yourself?

All tiered (Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Diamond) packages include:

-Paid promotional ad space in multiple newsletters (the same ones in my Promo Stacker list). I submit to the venues I believe will be most beneficial to your campaign based on your budget, dates & availability, genre, and other factors.

-Submission to dozens of unpaid newsletters and websites which promote authors and ebooks.

-Submission to dozens of both private & public FB groups that concentrate on ebooks, deals, and author publicity.

-Promotion of your title within a few of my own private resources, which have not been made available to other authors before.

-Paid advertising on Facebook (all tiers) and Twitter (Silver tier and higher only). I create the artwork for these ads for you, as well.

-Much like the Promo Stacker service, before your promotions begin, you'll receive a list of the paid, public venues where your book will be advertised and when. Clients also receive links to the social media ads I'm running for them so they can like/share/etc. I do not share the scheduling or data from my own private resources or any of the unpaid venues.

-Promotion Packages are designed to meet most budgets and range from $200 - $2500.

---------------------------------------------------
ABOUT THE PROMO STACKER SERVICE:

Now accepting all genres (except erotica)!

Want to choose all the venues where your book will promoted? Don't need social media ads? The Promo Stacker service might be for you then, my friend.

The Promo Stacker can be accessed from www.book-rank.com or through the direct order form links, below:

Promo Stacker (Fiction & Nonfiction)

Promo Stacker (Romance Only)

UPDATE:

You don't have to stack if you don't want to! Now, you can order promotions for a spread out period over days or weeks, on multiple varying stack dates, or really however the heck you want. Spread 'em or stack 'em - it's up to you.

How does the Promo Stacker service work?

Fill out the form with your book's information (title, blurb, links, etc.) and pay $50 to retain my services.

You'll receive an itemized invoice from me sometime soon afterwards listing the total charges for all the venues you've selected to have promote your book. A small 6.9% fee will be added to your total order to cover transaction & return fees, plus cover my standard rate.

After your payment is complete, I'll go and schedule all your promotions for you, as close to your target date as possible. When everything is confirmed, I'll send you an email listing the venues and the dates your promotion is scheduled to run.

Sit back and relax and enjoy your day. :cool:

I'll contact you immediately if I have any questions or run into any difficulties scheduling your promotions. If any venues reject your promotion, you'll be promptly refunded that amount when I send out your finalized scheduling sheet at the end.

Hey! I don't see Venue X on your list to choose from! What gives?

If you have someplace you want me to schedule a promo for you and it isn't on the list, add it in the additional comments section of the form. I'll gladly add venues to meet author demand.

Do you guarantee my book will be accepted for promotion at X or Y venue?

Nope. No one else can, either. I can try to influence these venues to the best of my ability, but ultimately your book must stand on its own. Great covers and blurbs are super important.

Do you guarantee positive ROI/great results/etc. at the venues I selected?

Nope. Most of these venues won't even guarantee you'll have success with them, so how could I? If you need guidance, ask me and I'll try to help direct you towards the venues I think will work best. However, you will see the greatest benefit by doing your own research and learning which venues offer the best service.

What about refunds for failed/underwhelming promotions?

If you had an failed or underwhelming promotion somewhere, I will gladly represent you and do everything possible to secure a refund for you.

Do you track if my promotion ran or not? Do you track how successful my promotion at each venue was?

No. You'll want to check this yourself. You'll be provided with a list from me of the venues and the dates your promotion is slated to run at each of them. If you find that any venue screwed up and didn't send out your promotion (or sent it out incorrectly), contact me immediately. I will officially kick people in the butt for you, as needed.

Are you available? Can I order now or are you too busy?

If my schedule gets too full, I'll implement some sort of calendar or disable the form until I'm not busy again. For now, order away.

I sent you an order for this book, which has a seriously subpar cover/blurb/overall quality/etc. or I totally didn't even try to follow any of the directions on the form!

Congrats. Here's your refund. I will not waste your (or my) time. Too busy. Promotions to book. Adios, amigo.

Does using the Promo Stacker give me a discount at any popular promotional venues?

OH YEAH.  8)

I'm able to offer special discounted pricing at several venues:

-My Romance Reads
-BookSends
-Just Kindle Books
-Brazen Bookshelf
-Shifted Sheets
-Hot Stuff Romance
-eBookHounds
-ExciteSteam
-Ebook Betty (Betty Book Freak)
-ShareBear Newsletter
-Full Hearts Romance
-eBookSoda
-Awesomegang (Multi-site Promo Option Only)
-Romance Devoured
-The Wolf Pack
-Ebook Itch
-Bargain Booksy (non-romance genres only!)
-Freebooksy (non-romance genres only!)
-New In Books
-ManyBooks
-Crave Romance
-Bad Boy Update Newsletter
-CraveReads
-Love Kissed Books

...And we offer both exclusive discounting at Hidden Gems Romance for their promotion newsletter along with seriously reduced pricing and priority booking for their stellar ARC program!!

Some of the above discounts are completely exclusive pricing and only available to Promo Stacker clients. In some cases, it's actually cheaper for you to pay me to book your promotions for you. How it gets any better than that beats me.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 07:11:57 PM by raminar_dixon »

Offline she-la-ti-da

• in the bunker
    • View Profile
Re: Ram's Promo Stacker - One Stop Promo Shop!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 08:32:53 AM »
Hey, Ram! (From a former super secret DD member -- who needs to subscribe again). This service sounds pretty good. One day, I'm going to be able to afford it, I swear. Of course, I don't write romance right now, so it wouldn't work for me, but you know. Hopeful.
Queen of Procrasti Nation

Genres: speculative fiction under main pen name.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 09:28:55 AM »
Hey, Ram! (From a former super secret DD member -- who needs to subscribe again). This service sounds pretty good. One day, I'm going to be able to afford it, I swear. Of course, I don't write romance right now, so it wouldn't work for me, but you know. Hopeful.

Glad to hear it! Right now I'm waiting to see how busy I stay just handling romance promotions. So far, I average 1-3 orders per day. I feel like I can handle 5-6 without compromising my effectiveness (or going absolutely mad).

So, if I have the time and space in my day, I'll definitely expand to include all genres. Or maybe I'll just wind up hiring someone to help out.

Thanks for the words of confidence. Back to work for me now! :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 09:31:02 AM by raminar_dixon »

Offline TaraCrescent

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 11:52:24 AM »
I've used Ram's promo stacker for my last two releases. I can't even explain how amazing it is to be able to order all the promo services I want on one form, and let someone else deal with filling a bazillion blurbs, uploading a bazillion covers, and so on and so forth. I give Ram a range of dates and a list of venues I'd like to use, and he does magic and makes it so.

Everyone has a different idea of what their time is worth. The service costs $50 (and a little extra $ for PayPal fees) and saves me hours of fiddling around. I'm a happy convert.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 03:25:44 PM »
I've used Ram's promo stacker for my last two releases. I can't even explain how amazing it is to be able to order all the promo services I want on one form, and let someone else deal with filling a bazillion blurbs, uploading a bazillion covers, and so on and so forth. I give Ram a range of dates and a list of venues I'd like to use, and he does magic and makes it so.

Everyone has a different idea of what their time is worth. The service costs $50 (and a little extra $ for PayPal fees) and saves me hours of fiddling around. I'm a happy convert.

Glad you enjoyed the experience, Tara! It was great working with you and I look forward to booking many more promotions fro you in the future.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 11:24:20 AM »
Quick reminder -

If you want to increase your chances of getting dates close to your actual release date, and you're interested in maximizing your chances at getting multiple venues, consider setting up a preorder first. Most venues stay booked up at least a few weeks in advance.

You will have more venues to choose from if you already have an ASIN. Plus, it's much easier for me to manage your promotions with an ASIN, too.  :P

Offline Vinny OHare

• New York City
    • View Profile
    • Awesomegang
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 04:41:55 PM »
Hey Ram

Sounds like a great service you have there. Good luck with this. I see you already have Awesomegang on your list and thats great. Would like to work closer with you. The free site submission at the end of your page shows 15 free sites. Sometimes when we get the same user sending in books we blacklist them. Don't want to see that happening to you. :)

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 05:51:36 PM »
Hey Ram

Sounds like a great service you have there. Good luck with this. I see you already have Awesomegang on your list and thats great. Would like to work closer with you. The free site submission at the end of your page shows 15 free sites. Sometimes when we get the same user sending in books we blacklist them. Don't want to see that happening to you. :)

Thanks, Vinny! The service is definitely keeping me busy lately.

I started the Freebie site submission service extra just a week or so ago and I knew I'd have to include Awesomegang. :)

Based on some author feedback, I also just recently added Awesomegang's $10 paid featured promotion option to my list. So, I'll have some orders for that coming your way soon enough, too.

You can reach me anytime with a PM here, or you can get up with me via email at thepromostacker@gmail.com. I'm always down to work out anything that helps authors and results in a win-win for everyone involved.

Offline Desmond X. Torres

• Kingston, Ontario Canada
  • Transplant from The Bronx to Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 06:35:26 AM »
Just commenting to give this a bump. I've worked w/ Ram on his TNL list a couple of times a month for the last 8 months without a hitch. He does what he says he's going to do. The TNL list is robust and engaged by his subscribers; IOW I don't spend a penny with him, I invest it for a great ROI (2-3:1 dollar for dollar minimum on a .99 countdown deal) Him taking the time and establishing relationships with the other vendors is a great idea. Other than the Exicte lists I've never used those vendors, but they all seem to have a great rep here on Kboards. Having a go to guy for this for a 7% preemie on cost of ads is a steal.

I'll be in touch Ram when I got something you can work with. Right now my genres are Erom and a second pen name for Paranormal.
Crawley House: A tale of The Hauntings of Kingston

If you're new and need some guidance on setting up Mailchimp, I have a thread on it here at Kboards:http://www.kboards.com/index.php?topic=165780.msg2374500#msg2374500

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 08:00:00 AM »
Just commenting to give this a bump. I've worked w/ Ram on his TNL list a couple of times a month for the last 8 months without a hitch. He does what he says he's going to do. The TNL list is robust and engaged by his subscribers; IOW I don't spend a penny with him, I invest it for a great ROI (2-3:1 dollar for dollar minimum on a .99 countdown deal) Him taking the time and establishing relationships with the other vendors is a great idea. Other than the Exicte lists I've never used those vendors, but they all seem to have a great rep here on Kboards. Having a go to guy for this for a 7% preemie on cost of ads is a steal.

I'll be in touch Ram when I got something you can work with. Right now my genres are Erom and a second pen name for Paranormal.

Thanks, D! Glad to hear you're satisfied with the results. I try! :)

Working with the competition has always been something I've tried to maintain, and this newer service affords me every opportunity to do just that. The results have been terrific - and best of all, everyone comes out a winner.

The Promo Stacker is accepting all categories of Romance currently (Paranormal and Erom are included in that). Looking forward to working with you on that in the future! Best of luck with all your releases. ;)

Offline Sonya Bateman

• Error404: Author Not Found
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 10:36:13 AM »
This sounds like an awesome service, actually. :D Are you able to work with M/M paranormal romance?

WRONG SIDE OF HELL -- #27 of the 50 Self-Published Books Worth Reading 2016. Woo!
Sonya Bateman

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 11:00:36 AM »
This sounds like an awesome service, actually. :D Are you able to work with M/M paranormal romance?

Absolutely. I've set up several rather large promotional pushes for various MM and MM Paranormal titles just recently.

There's icons on the form to denote which venues accept LGBT-themed titles, so it should be pretty easy to just pick and choose what you want. If you have any questions, just let me know - glad to help.

Offline Sonya Bateman

• Error404: Author Not Found
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 01:04:18 PM »
Absolutely. I've set up several rather large promotional pushes for various MM and MM Paranormal titles just recently.

There's icons on the form to denote which venues accept LGBT-themed titles, so it should be pretty easy to just pick and choose what you want. If you have any questions, just let me know - glad to help.

Sweet, thank you! ;D

WRONG SIDE OF HELL -- #27 of the 50 Self-Published Books Worth Reading 2016. Woo!
Sonya Bateman

Offline Susanne.

• Europe
    • View Profile
    • Susanne
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2017, 01:50:13 PM »
How about romantic comedy? Or is it only about straight forward romance? My books fall mostly in the rom-com/chick-lit genre. I have a new release coming up in May.

Susanne O'Leary | website | blog | facebook | writer's forum

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2017, 02:09:56 PM »
How about romantic comedy? Or is it only about straight forward romance? My books fall mostly in the rom-com/chick-lit genre. I have a new release coming up in May.

I can do it. Most, if not all of the venues I have listed accept rom-com & chick-lit. Either they have a distinct category devoted to it or they'll fit it in with their other romance titles on promotion. I've had a few titles that could be considered rom-com go through the Promo Stacker since it got started, and none of those posed any problem whatsoever and got plenty of bookings. Genres like chick-lit are also usually pretty easy to find earlier open dates for, as there isn't quite as much competition there as you'd find in, say, contemporary romance.

edit: a word
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 04:18:58 PM by raminar_dixon »

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 03:49:53 PM »
Quick updates:

-Added http://awesomebookpromotion.com to the discounted venues list. Thanks Vinny!

-I've got quite a few titles to work on tomorrow + some RL business going on so I may have to push any orders I get today/tomorrow to Sunday. You guys and gals are keepin' me busy - thanks!

-More discounts are coming! I'll have some more updates on that soon enough.

:)

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 12:03:36 PM »
UPDATE: Now accepting all genres (except erotica)!

Offline lincolnjcole

• Ohio
  • Storyteller
    • View Profile
    • Lincoln Cole
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2017, 01:30:25 PM »
UPDATE: Now accepting all genres (except erotica)!

---

Hi Kboardians! Some of you know me, some don't. That's cool.

This service is something new that I've been offering over at Dirty Discourse for the members there. It's been quite popular. ($28,000 in transactions for February alone)

So, I'm spreading the love. This service is no longer a behind-closed-doors private love fest. Hope you're ok with public displays of affection. Right now it's only for romance titles, but soon I hope to make it available to all genres. I'll let you know when that happens.

If you aren't super interested in reading a long OP and just want to know what the heck is being offered, here it is: a hybrid sort of Virtual Assistant service for people who don't really need a full VA and just want someone who knows what they are doing to buy and schedule promotions for them. For most authors, this is like buying a day off work.

(Romance titles ONLY at this time -- other genres coming soon All Genres besides erotica now accepted!)

Just finished your latest book?

Carpal tunnel flaring up?

Brain fried?

Want someone experienced to handle scheduling and purchasing all those promotions FOR YOU?

Take a day off already and order Ram's Promo Stacker:

How does this work?

Fill out the form with your book's information (title, blurb, links, etc.) and pay $50 to retain my services.

You'll receive an itemized invoice from me sometime soon afterwards listing the total charges for all the venues you've selected to have promote your book. A small 6.9% fee will be added to your total order to cover transaction & return fees, plus cover my standard rate.

After your payment is complete, I'll go and schedule all your promotions for you, as close to your target date as possible. When everything is confirmed, I'll send you an email listing the venues and the dates your promotion is scheduled to run.

Sit back and relax and enjoy your day. :cool:

I'll contact you immediately if I have any questions or run into any difficulties scheduling your promotions. If any venues reject your promotion, you'll be promptly refunded that amount when I send out your finalized scheduling sheet at the end.

Hey! I don't see Venue X on your list to choose from! What gives?

If you have someplace you want me to schedule a promo for you and it isn't on the list, add it in the additional comments section of the form. I'll gladly add venues to meet author demand.

Do you guarantee my book will be accepted for promotion at X or Y venue?

Nope. No one else can, either. I can try to influence these venues to the best of my ability, but ultimately your book must stand on its own. Great covers and blurbs are super important.

Do you guarantee positive ROI/great results/etc. at the venues I selected?

Nope. Most of these venues won't even guarantee you'll have success with them, so how could I? If you need guidance, ask me and I'll try to help direct you towards the venues I think will work best. However, you will see the greatest benefit by doing your own research and learning which venues offer the best service.

What about refunds for failed/underwhelming promotions?

If you had an failed or underwhelming promotion somewhere, I will gladly represent you and do everything possible to secure a refund for you.

Do you track if my promotion ran or not? Do you track how successful my promotion at each venue was?

No. You'll want to check this yourself. You'll be provided with a list from me of the venues and the dates your promotion is slated to run at each of them. If you find that any venue screwed up and didn't send out your promotion (or sent it out incorrectly), contact me immediately. I will officially kick people in the butt for you, as needed.

Are you available? Can I order now or are you too busy?

If my schedule gets too full, I'll implement some sort of calendar or disable the form until I'm not busy again. For now, order away.

I sent you a Promo Stacker order for this book, which has a seriously subpar cover/blurb/overall quality/etc. or I totally didn't even try to follow any of the directions on the form!

Congrats. Here's your refund. I will not waste your (or my) time. Too busy. Promotions to book. Adios, amigo.

Does using the Promo Stacker give me a discount at any popular promotional venues?

OH YEAH.  8)

I'm able to offer special discounted pricing at several venues:

-My Romance Reads
-BookSends
-Just Kindle Books
-Brazen Bookshelf
-Shifted Sheets
-Hot Stuff Romance
-eBookHounds
-ExciteSteam
-Ebook Betty (Betty Book Freak)
-ShareBear Newsletter
-Full Hearts Romance
-eBookSoda
(new) -Awesomegang (Multi-site Promo Option Only)

...And we offer both exclusive discounting at Hidden Gems Romance for their promotion newsletter along with seriously reduced pricing and priority booking for their stellar ARC program!!

Some of the above discounts are completely exclusive pricing and only available to Promo Stacker clients. In some cases, it's actually cheaper for you to pay me to book your promotions for you. How it gets any better than that beats me.

ORDER NOW:

Very interesting! I'll check it out!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2017, 09:43:12 AM »
UPDATE: We've secured an exclusive discount for all promotions ordered at the venue, Romance Devoured. :) The whole crew over there is great, btw. Big thanks to all of them for their generosity and cooperation!

P.S. More discounts coming soon!

Offline Davis Ashura

• North Carolina
    • View Profile
    • Davis Ashura
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2017, 10:06:42 AM »

After spending an annoying few hours filling out all the various forms, blurbs, and uploading cover art, I'd say $50 and 6.9% is definitely worth it for me. Looking forward to trying this out.

Offline lincolnjcole

• Ohio
  • Storyteller
    • View Profile
    • Lincoln Cole
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2017, 10:14:27 AM »
Glad to hear it! Right now I'm waiting to see how busy I stay just handling romance promotions. So far, I average 1-3 orders per day. I feel like I can handle 5-6 without compromising my effectiveness (or going absolutely mad).

So, if I have the time and space in my day, I'll definitely expand to include all genres. Or maybe I'll just wind up hiring someone to help out.

Thanks for the words of confidence. Back to work for me now! :)

I'm hoping to try this out soon!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2017, 07:29:22 AM »
Quick reminder - please be sure to be on the lookout for an invoice from me sometime after you place your order and pay your retainer!

In most cases, I'm able to get the invoice out within 12 hours, usually less. I can't get started fulfilling your order until this invoice is paid, so you'll want to take care of it as soon as possible to avoid missing out on the dates you want.

Thanks!

Offline mach 5

• Don't mind me - just here to procrastinate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2017, 07:57:15 AM »
Ram

It looks like you've built a great romance list. Now that you've opened to all non-erotica genres, can you address which among your list of advertisers are not romance focused and/or good for specific genres (my interest is SF and thriller/suspense).

:-* Thanks

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2017, 09:18:10 AM »
Ram

It looks like you've built a great romance list. Now that you've opened to all non-erotica genres, can you address which among your list of advertisers are not romance focused and/or good for specific genres (my interest is SF and thriller/suspense).

:-* Thanks

On the non-romance list there are several good stand-bys for all genres: Bargain Booksy, EReaderNewsToday, BookSends, and ManyBooks, to name just a few.

Venues like Fussy Librarian, EReader IQ, and Book Adrenaline are also good if you're going for thriller/suspense. Any of the venues which have separate categories and newsletters/audiences for each genre can reach your target pretty effectively.

There are plenty more than just the ones I listed above in this post- all the venues in the Promo Stacker list are good, really. Both the regular and romance lists were built using my own personal experience along with input from my fellow authors. Although, I do understand everyone has different thoughts about which venues have worked better or worse for them, so that's why everyone is free to choose whichever ones they want and leave off the ones they don't.

I've tried to make sure that my clients can't go wrong choosing any of them when building their order. It must be working pretty well so far, I've had nothing but totally satisfied customers (and several top 500 books placed while using this service)!  ;D

Offline Evenstar

• Bristol, UK
  • YA and PNR
    • View Profile
    • Author Website
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2017, 10:23:10 AM »
Can you give a ball park of what the overall cost is?

I realise it is dependant on what sites are booked, but as you've been doing this a while do you have an average of what people are spending in total?

I just organised a stacked promo of ten sites and the cost came to almost $600 (and that didn't even include Bookbub). I'm assuming your fee + commission is on top of the cost of all the promo sites, and so if you booked them for me I would be paying closer to $700?

Not that I don't think this is a fantastic idea!! I have been trying to train my VA to do it, but she doesn't have access to any discounts and that would surely off-set the extra cost of using you instead.