Author Topic: Book Rank (formerly Ram's Promo Stacker) - One Stop Promo Shop!  (Read 8492 times)  

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    • All My Dirty Stuff At Amazon!
UPDATE: Ram's Promo Stacker is now an optional "build your own" service within Book Rank (still managed and operated by yours truly).

www.book-rank.com

Need to promote your book but don't want any of the hassle involved with doing it yourself?

All tiered (Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Diamond) packages include:

-Paid promotional ad space in multiple newsletters (the same ones in my Promo Stacker list). I submit to the venues I believe will be most beneficial to your campaign based on your budget, dates & availability, genre, and other factors.

-Submission to dozens of unpaid newsletters and websites which promote authors and ebooks.

-Submission to dozens of both private & public FB groups that concentrate on ebooks, deals, and author publicity.

-Promotion of your title within a few of my own private resources, which have not been made available to other authors before.

-Paid advertising on Facebook (all tiers) and Twitter (Silver tier and higher only). I create the artwork for these ads for you, as well.

-Much like the Promo Stacker service, before your promotions begin, you'll receive a list of the paid, public venues where your book will be advertised and when. Clients also receive links to the social media ads I'm running for them so they can like/share/etc. I do not share the scheduling or data from my own private resources or any of the unpaid venues.

-Promotion Packages are designed to meet most budgets and range from $200 - $2500.

---------------------------------------------------
ABOUT THE PROMO STACKER SERVICE:

Now accepting all genres (except erotica)!

Want to choose all the venues where your book will promoted? Don't need social media ads? The Promo Stacker service might be for you then, my friend.

The Promo Stacker can be accessed from www.book-rank.com or through the direct order form links, below:

Promo Stacker (Fiction & Nonfiction)

Promo Stacker (Romance Only)

UPDATE:

You don't have to stack if you don't want to! Now, you can order promotions for a spread out period over days or weeks, on multiple varying stack dates, or really however the heck you want. Spread 'em or stack 'em - it's up to you.

How does the Promo Stacker service work?

Fill out the form with your book's information (title, blurb, links, etc.) and pay $50 to retain my services.

You'll receive an itemized invoice from me sometime soon afterwards listing the total charges for all the venues you've selected to have promote your book. A small 6.9% fee will be added to your total order to cover transaction & return fees, plus cover my standard rate.

After your payment is complete, I'll go and schedule all your promotions for you, as close to your target date as possible. When everything is confirmed, I'll send you an email listing the venues and the dates your promotion is scheduled to run.

Sit back and relax and enjoy your day. :cool:

I'll contact you immediately if I have any questions or run into any difficulties scheduling your promotions. If any venues reject your promotion, you'll be promptly refunded that amount when I send out your finalized scheduling sheet at the end.

Hey! I don't see Venue X on your list to choose from! What gives?

If you have someplace you want me to schedule a promo for you and it isn't on the list, add it in the additional comments section of the form. I'll gladly add venues to meet author demand.

Do you guarantee my book will be accepted for promotion at X or Y venue?

Nope. No one else can, either. I can try to influence these venues to the best of my ability, but ultimately your book must stand on its own. Great covers and blurbs are super important.

Do you guarantee positive ROI/great results/etc. at the venues I selected?

Nope. Most of these venues won't even guarantee you'll have success with them, so how could I? If you need guidance, ask me and I'll try to help direct you towards the venues I think will work best. However, you will see the greatest benefit by doing your own research and learning which venues offer the best service.

What about refunds for failed/underwhelming promotions?

If you had an failed or underwhelming promotion somewhere, I will gladly represent you and do everything possible to secure a refund for you.

Do you track if my promotion ran or not? Do you track how successful my promotion at each venue was?

No. You'll want to check this yourself. You'll be provided with a list from me of the venues and the dates your promotion is slated to run at each of them. If you find that any venue screwed up and didn't send out your promotion (or sent it out incorrectly), contact me immediately. I will officially kick people in the butt for you, as needed.

Are you available? Can I order now or are you too busy?

If my schedule gets too full, I'll implement some sort of calendar or disable the form until I'm not busy again. For now, order away.

I sent you an order for this book, which has a seriously subpar cover/blurb/overall quality/etc. or I totally didn't even try to follow any of the directions on the form!

Congrats. Here's your refund. I will not waste your (or my) time. Too busy. Promotions to book. Adios, amigo.

Does using the Promo Stacker give me a discount at any popular promotional venues?

OH YEAH.  8)

I'm able to offer special discounted pricing at several venues:

-My Romance Reads
-BookSends
-Just Kindle Books
-Brazen Bookshelf
-Shifted Sheets
-Hot Stuff Romance
-eBookHounds
-ExciteSteam
-Ebook Betty (Betty Book Freak)
-ShareBear Newsletter
-Full Hearts Romance
-eBookSoda
-Awesomegang (Multi-site Promo Option Only)
-Romance Devoured
-The Wolf Pack
-Ebook Itch
-Bargain Booksy (non-romance genres only!)
-Freebooksy (non-romance genres only!)
-New In Books
-ManyBooks
-Crave Romance
-Bad Boy Update Newsletter
-CraveReads
-Love Kissed Books
-MMW Bad Boy Promos

...And we offer both exclusive discounting at Hidden Gems Romance for their promotion newsletter along with seriously reduced pricing and priority booking for their stellar ARC program!!

Some of the above discounts are completely exclusive pricing and only available to Promo Stacker clients. In some cases, it's actually cheaper for you to pay me to book your promotions for you. How it gets any better than that beats me.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 03:15:42 PM by raminar_dixon »

Offline she-la-ti-da

• in the bunker
    • View Profile
Re: Ram's Promo Stacker - One Stop Promo Shop!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 08:32:53 AM »
Hey, Ram! (From a former super secret DD member -- who needs to subscribe again). This service sounds pretty good. One day, I'm going to be able to afford it, I swear. Of course, I don't write romance right now, so it wouldn't work for me, but you know. Hopeful.
Queen of Procrasti Nation

Genres: speculative fiction under main pen name.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 09:28:55 AM »
Hey, Ram! (From a former super secret DD member -- who needs to subscribe again). This service sounds pretty good. One day, I'm going to be able to afford it, I swear. Of course, I don't write romance right now, so it wouldn't work for me, but you know. Hopeful.

Glad to hear it! Right now I'm waiting to see how busy I stay just handling romance promotions. So far, I average 1-3 orders per day. I feel like I can handle 5-6 without compromising my effectiveness (or going absolutely mad).

So, if I have the time and space in my day, I'll definitely expand to include all genres. Or maybe I'll just wind up hiring someone to help out.

Thanks for the words of confidence. Back to work for me now! :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 09:31:02 AM by raminar_dixon »

Online TaraCrescent

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 11:52:24 AM »
I've used Ram's promo stacker for my last two releases. I can't even explain how amazing it is to be able to order all the promo services I want on one form, and let someone else deal with filling a bazillion blurbs, uploading a bazillion covers, and so on and so forth. I give Ram a range of dates and a list of venues I'd like to use, and he does magic and makes it so.

Everyone has a different idea of what their time is worth. The service costs $50 (and a little extra $ for PayPal fees) and saves me hours of fiddling around. I'm a happy convert.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 03:25:44 PM »
I've used Ram's promo stacker for my last two releases. I can't even explain how amazing it is to be able to order all the promo services I want on one form, and let someone else deal with filling a bazillion blurbs, uploading a bazillion covers, and so on and so forth. I give Ram a range of dates and a list of venues I'd like to use, and he does magic and makes it so.

Everyone has a different idea of what their time is worth. The service costs $50 (and a little extra $ for PayPal fees) and saves me hours of fiddling around. I'm a happy convert.

Glad you enjoyed the experience, Tara! It was great working with you and I look forward to booking many more promotions fro you in the future.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 11:24:20 AM »
Quick reminder -

If you want to increase your chances of getting dates close to your actual release date, and you're interested in maximizing your chances at getting multiple venues, consider setting up a preorder first. Most venues stay booked up at least a few weeks in advance.

You will have more venues to choose from if you already have an ASIN. Plus, it's much easier for me to manage your promotions with an ASIN, too.  :P

Offline Vinny OHare

• New York City
    • View Profile
    • Awesomegang
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 04:41:55 PM »
Hey Ram

Sounds like a great service you have there. Good luck with this. I see you already have Awesomegang on your list and thats great. Would like to work closer with you. The free site submission at the end of your page shows 15 free sites. Sometimes when we get the same user sending in books we blacklist them. Don't want to see that happening to you. :)

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 05:51:36 PM »
Hey Ram

Sounds like a great service you have there. Good luck with this. I see you already have Awesomegang on your list and thats great. Would like to work closer with you. The free site submission at the end of your page shows 15 free sites. Sometimes when we get the same user sending in books we blacklist them. Don't want to see that happening to you. :)

Thanks, Vinny! The service is definitely keeping me busy lately.

I started the Freebie site submission service extra just a week or so ago and I knew I'd have to include Awesomegang. :)

Based on some author feedback, I also just recently added Awesomegang's $10 paid featured promotion option to my list. So, I'll have some orders for that coming your way soon enough, too.

You can reach me anytime with a PM here, or you can get up with me via email at thepromostacker@gmail.com. I'm always down to work out anything that helps authors and results in a win-win for everyone involved.

Offline Desmond X. Torres

• Kingston, Ontario Canada
  • Transplant from The Bronx to Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 06:35:26 AM »
Just commenting to give this a bump. I've worked w/ Ram on his TNL list a couple of times a month for the last 8 months without a hitch. He does what he says he's going to do. The TNL list is robust and engaged by his subscribers; IOW I don't spend a penny with him, I invest it for a great ROI (2-3:1 dollar for dollar minimum on a .99 countdown deal) Him taking the time and establishing relationships with the other vendors is a great idea. Other than the Exicte lists I've never used those vendors, but they all seem to have a great rep here on Kboards. Having a go to guy for this for a 7% preemie on cost of ads is a steal.

I'll be in touch Ram when I got something you can work with. Right now my genres are Erom and a second pen name for Paranormal.
Crawley House: A tale of The Hauntings of Kingston

If you're new and need some guidance on setting up Mailchimp, I have a thread on it here at Kboards:http://www.kboards.com/index.php?topic=165780.msg2374500#msg2374500

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 08:00:00 AM »
Just commenting to give this a bump. I've worked w/ Ram on his TNL list a couple of times a month for the last 8 months without a hitch. He does what he says he's going to do. The TNL list is robust and engaged by his subscribers; IOW I don't spend a penny with him, I invest it for a great ROI (2-3:1 dollar for dollar minimum on a .99 countdown deal) Him taking the time and establishing relationships with the other vendors is a great idea. Other than the Exicte lists I've never used those vendors, but they all seem to have a great rep here on Kboards. Having a go to guy for this for a 7% preemie on cost of ads is a steal.

I'll be in touch Ram when I got something you can work with. Right now my genres are Erom and a second pen name for Paranormal.

Thanks, D! Glad to hear you're satisfied with the results. I try! :)

Working with the competition has always been something I've tried to maintain, and this newer service affords me every opportunity to do just that. The results have been terrific - and best of all, everyone comes out a winner.

The Promo Stacker is accepting all categories of Romance currently (Paranormal and Erom are included in that). Looking forward to working with you on that in the future! Best of luck with all your releases. ;)

Offline Sonya Bateman

• Nothing interesting to say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 10:36:13 AM »
This sounds like an awesome service, actually. :D Are you able to work with M/M paranormal romance?

WRONG SIDE OF HELL -- #27 of the 50 Self-Published Books Worth Reading 2016. Woo!
Sonya Bateman

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 11:00:36 AM »
This sounds like an awesome service, actually. :D Are you able to work with M/M paranormal romance?

Absolutely. I've set up several rather large promotional pushes for various MM and MM Paranormal titles just recently.

There's icons on the form to denote which venues accept LGBT-themed titles, so it should be pretty easy to just pick and choose what you want. If you have any questions, just let me know - glad to help.

Offline Sonya Bateman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 01:04:18 PM »
Absolutely. I've set up several rather large promotional pushes for various MM and MM Paranormal titles just recently.

There's icons on the form to denote which venues accept LGBT-themed titles, so it should be pretty easy to just pick and choose what you want. If you have any questions, just let me know - glad to help.

Sweet, thank you! ;D

WRONG SIDE OF HELL -- #27 of the 50 Self-Published Books Worth Reading 2016. Woo!
Sonya Bateman

Offline Susanne.

• Europe
    • View Profile
    • Susanne
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2017, 01:50:13 PM »
How about romantic comedy? Or is it only about straight forward romance? My books fall mostly in the rom-com/chick-lit genre. I have a new release coming up in May.

Susanne O'Leary | website | blog | facebook | writer's forum

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2017, 02:09:56 PM »
How about romantic comedy? Or is it only about straight forward romance? My books fall mostly in the rom-com/chick-lit genre. I have a new release coming up in May.

I can do it. Most, if not all of the venues I have listed accept rom-com & chick-lit. Either they have a distinct category devoted to it or they'll fit it in with their other romance titles on promotion. I've had a few titles that could be considered rom-com go through the Promo Stacker since it got started, and none of those posed any problem whatsoever and got plenty of bookings. Genres like chick-lit are also usually pretty easy to find earlier open dates for, as there isn't quite as much competition there as you'd find in, say, contemporary romance.

edit: a word
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 04:18:58 PM by raminar_dixon »

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 03:49:53 PM »
Quick updates:

-Added http://awesomebookpromotion.com to the discounted venues list. Thanks Vinny!

-I've got quite a few titles to work on tomorrow + some RL business going on so I may have to push any orders I get today/tomorrow to Sunday. You guys and gals are keepin' me busy - thanks!

-More discounts are coming! I'll have some more updates on that soon enough.

:)

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 12:03:36 PM »
UPDATE: Now accepting all genres (except erotica)!

Offline lincolnjcole

• Ohio
  • Storyteller
    • View Profile
    • Lincoln Cole
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2017, 01:30:25 PM »
UPDATE: Now accepting all genres (except erotica)!

---

Hi Kboardians! Some of you know me, some don't. That's cool.

This service is something new that I've been offering over at Dirty Discourse for the members there. It's been quite popular. ($28,000 in transactions for February alone)

So, I'm spreading the love. This service is no longer a behind-closed-doors private love fest. Hope you're ok with public displays of affection. Right now it's only for romance titles, but soon I hope to make it available to all genres. I'll let you know when that happens.

If you aren't super interested in reading a long OP and just want to know what the heck is being offered, here it is: a hybrid sort of Virtual Assistant service for people who don't really need a full VA and just want someone who knows what they are doing to buy and schedule promotions for them. For most authors, this is like buying a day off work.

(Romance titles ONLY at this time -- other genres coming soon All Genres besides erotica now accepted!)

Just finished your latest book?

Carpal tunnel flaring up?

Brain fried?

Want someone experienced to handle scheduling and purchasing all those promotions FOR YOU?

Take a day off already and order Ram's Promo Stacker:

How does this work?

Fill out the form with your book's information (title, blurb, links, etc.) and pay $50 to retain my services.

You'll receive an itemized invoice from me sometime soon afterwards listing the total charges for all the venues you've selected to have promote your book. A small 6.9% fee will be added to your total order to cover transaction & return fees, plus cover my standard rate.

After your payment is complete, I'll go and schedule all your promotions for you, as close to your target date as possible. When everything is confirmed, I'll send you an email listing the venues and the dates your promotion is scheduled to run.

Sit back and relax and enjoy your day. :cool:

I'll contact you immediately if I have any questions or run into any difficulties scheduling your promotions. If any venues reject your promotion, you'll be promptly refunded that amount when I send out your finalized scheduling sheet at the end.

Hey! I don't see Venue X on your list to choose from! What gives?

If you have someplace you want me to schedule a promo for you and it isn't on the list, add it in the additional comments section of the form. I'll gladly add venues to meet author demand.

Do you guarantee my book will be accepted for promotion at X or Y venue?

Nope. No one else can, either. I can try to influence these venues to the best of my ability, but ultimately your book must stand on its own. Great covers and blurbs are super important.

Do you guarantee positive ROI/great results/etc. at the venues I selected?

Nope. Most of these venues won't even guarantee you'll have success with them, so how could I? If you need guidance, ask me and I'll try to help direct you towards the venues I think will work best. However, you will see the greatest benefit by doing your own research and learning which venues offer the best service.

What about refunds for failed/underwhelming promotions?

If you had an failed or underwhelming promotion somewhere, I will gladly represent you and do everything possible to secure a refund for you.

Do you track if my promotion ran or not? Do you track how successful my promotion at each venue was?

No. You'll want to check this yourself. You'll be provided with a list from me of the venues and the dates your promotion is slated to run at each of them. If you find that any venue screwed up and didn't send out your promotion (or sent it out incorrectly), contact me immediately. I will officially kick people in the butt for you, as needed.

Are you available? Can I order now or are you too busy?

If my schedule gets too full, I'll implement some sort of calendar or disable the form until I'm not busy again. For now, order away.

I sent you a Promo Stacker order for this book, which has a seriously subpar cover/blurb/overall quality/etc. or I totally didn't even try to follow any of the directions on the form!

Congrats. Here's your refund. I will not waste your (or my) time. Too busy. Promotions to book. Adios, amigo.

Does using the Promo Stacker give me a discount at any popular promotional venues?

OH YEAH.  8)

I'm able to offer special discounted pricing at several venues:

-My Romance Reads
-BookSends
-Just Kindle Books
-Brazen Bookshelf
-Shifted Sheets
-Hot Stuff Romance
-eBookHounds
-ExciteSteam
-ShareBear Newsletter
-Full Hearts Romance
-eBookSoda
(new) -Awesomegang (Multi-site Promo Option Only)

...And we offer both exclusive discounting at Hidden Gems Romance for their promotion newsletter along with seriously reduced pricing and priority booking for their stellar ARC program!!

Some of the above discounts are completely exclusive pricing and only available to Promo Stacker clients. In some cases, it's actually cheaper for you to pay me to book your promotions for you. How it gets any better than that beats me.

ORDER NOW:

Very interesting! I'll check it out!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2017, 09:43:12 AM »
UPDATE: We've secured an exclusive discount for all promotions ordered at the venue, Romance Devoured. :) The whole crew over there is great, btw. Big thanks to all of them for their generosity and cooperation!

P.S. More discounts coming soon!

Offline Davis Ashura

• North Carolina
    • View Profile
    • Davis Ashura
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2017, 10:06:42 AM »

After spending an annoying few hours filling out all the various forms, blurbs, and uploading cover art, I'd say $50 and 6.9% is definitely worth it for me. Looking forward to trying this out.

Offline lincolnjcole

• Ohio
  • Storyteller
    • View Profile
    • Lincoln Cole
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2017, 10:14:27 AM »
Glad to hear it! Right now I'm waiting to see how busy I stay just handling romance promotions. So far, I average 1-3 orders per day. I feel like I can handle 5-6 without compromising my effectiveness (or going absolutely mad).

So, if I have the time and space in my day, I'll definitely expand to include all genres. Or maybe I'll just wind up hiring someone to help out.

Thanks for the words of confidence. Back to work for me now! :)

I'm hoping to try this out soon!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2017, 07:29:22 AM »
Quick reminder - please be sure to be on the lookout for an invoice from me sometime after you place your order and pay your retainer!

In most cases, I'm able to get the invoice out within 12 hours, usually less. I can't get started fulfilling your order until this invoice is paid, so you'll want to take care of it as soon as possible to avoid missing out on the dates you want.

Thanks!

Offline mach 5

• Don't mind me - just here to procrastinate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2017, 07:57:15 AM »
Ram

It looks like you've built a great romance list. Now that you've opened to all non-erotica genres, can you address which among your list of advertisers are not romance focused and/or good for specific genres (my interest is SF and thriller/suspense).

:-* Thanks

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2017, 09:18:10 AM »
Ram

It looks like you've built a great romance list. Now that you've opened to all non-erotica genres, can you address which among your list of advertisers are not romance focused and/or good for specific genres (my interest is SF and thriller/suspense).

:-* Thanks

On the non-romance list there are several good stand-bys for all genres: Bargain Booksy, EReaderNewsToday, BookSends, and ManyBooks, to name just a few.

Venues like Fussy Librarian, EReader IQ, and Book Adrenaline are also good if you're going for thriller/suspense. Any of the venues which have separate categories and newsletters/audiences for each genre can reach your target pretty effectively.

There are plenty more than just the ones I listed above in this post- all the venues in the Promo Stacker list are good, really. Both the regular and romance lists were built using my own personal experience along with input from my fellow authors. Although, I do understand everyone has different thoughts about which venues have worked better or worse for them, so that's why everyone is free to choose whichever ones they want and leave off the ones they don't.

I've tried to make sure that my clients can't go wrong choosing any of them when building their order. It must be working pretty well so far, I've had nothing but totally satisfied customers (and several top 500 books placed while using this service)!  ;D

Online Evenstar

• Bristol, UK
  • YA and PNR
    • View Profile
    • Author Website
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2017, 10:23:10 AM »
Can you give a ball park of what the overall cost is?

I realise it is dependant on what sites are booked, but as you've been doing this a while do you have an average of what people are spending in total?

I just organised a stacked promo of ten sites and the cost came to almost $600 (and that didn't even include Bookbub). I'm assuming your fee + commission is on top of the cost of all the promo sites, and so if you booked them for me I would be paying closer to $700?

Not that I don't think this is a fantastic idea!! I have been trying to train my VA to do it, but she doesn't have access to any discounts and that would surely off-set the extra cost of using you instead.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2017, 11:28:02 AM »
Can you give a ball park of what the overall cost is?

I realise it is dependant on what sites are booked, but as you've been doing this a while do you have an average of what people are spending in total?

Currently, the average spend on non-romance titles is right around $550, total, no BookBub included. On romance, it's around $650.

But like you said, it's easy to customize your order and come up with your own price. What you want to spend might be more or less than someone else. At the end of the day, I'd recommend spending at least a minimum of $400 on your promotions, and not because more spending = more money for me (cause it does :P), but because above that amount is where I see authors getting the most benefit per dollar out of their newsletter marketing.

Also, if we take an example of $600 worth of promotions:

Actual cost of promotions through the Promo Stacker: $540 (I estimated 10% savings from the various discounts I offer, which range between 5-25%)

+$50 for my retainer
+$37.26 (6.9% of $540 -- my service charge which covers all transaction fees (around 2.9%) and my standard rate (4%) )
-------------
=$87.26 -> covers my complete service for this order

So, your total spend on this hypothetical $600 worth of promotions would be around $627.26. That's me handling everything. All the ordering and scheduling. In my example, you're essentially paying me $27.26 to handle it all. Not bad considering it would take a considerable chunk of your day away to do it yourself. Obviously, it is important to note that the above example is not exactly what everyone would pay or save, as prices and discounts available at the venues vary. It's pretty close though, in my experience.

I also don't recommend requesting a BookBub order through me unless you just don't think you can do it or you don't want to handle it  yourself or something. You'll be paying a small premium just to have me do it and I can't really increase your chances of getting a booking there nor can I offer you any discount there (and I doubt I'll ever be able to unless Josh is feeling super generous). The only reason it is on there is because a few people asked for it to be added, and they have their own reasons for wanting me to do it. If you can, save yourself a few bucks and submit your titles to BookBub on your own. Besides, their submissions process is pretty darn quick and easy.

Online Evenstar

• Bristol, UK
  • YA and PNR
    • View Profile
    • Author Website
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2017, 11:59:59 AM »
Currently, the average spend on non-romance titles is right around $550, total, no BookBub included. On romance, it's around $650.

But like you said, it's easy to customize your order and come up with your own price. What you want to spend might be more or less than someone else. At the end of the day, I'd recommend spending at least a minimum of $400 on your promotions, and not because more spending = more money for me (cause it does :P), but because above that amount is where I see authors getting the most benefit per dollar out of their newsletter marketing.

Also, if we take an example of $600 worth of promotions:

Actual cost of promotions through the Promo Stacker: $540 (I estimated 10% savings from the various discounts I offer, which range between 5-25%)

+$50 for my retainer
+$37.26 (6.9% of $540 -- my service charge which covers all transaction fees (around 2.9%) and my standard rate (4%) )
-------------
=$87.26 -> covers my complete service for this order

So, your total spend on this hypothetical $600 worth of promotions would be around $627.26. That's me handling everything. All the ordering and scheduling. In my example, you're essentially paying me $27.26 to handle it all. Not bad considering it would take a considerable chunk of your day away to do it yourself. Obviously, it is important to note that the above example is not exactly what everyone would pay or save, as prices and discounts available at the venues vary. It's pretty close though, in my experience.

I also don't recommend requesting a BookBub order through me unless you just don't think you can do it or you don't want to handle it  yourself or something. You'll be paying a small premium just to have me do it and I can't really increase your chances of getting a booking there nor can I offer you any discount there (and I doubt I'll ever be able to unless Josh is feeling super generous). The only reason it is on there is because a few people asked for it to be added, and they have their own reasons for wanting me to do it. If you can, save yourself a few bucks and submit your titles to BookBub on your own. Besides, their submissions process is pretty darn quick and easy.

Brilliant. That's almost exactly as I calculated it.  I greatly appreciate the transparency and honesty, no BS response. It makes me feel very confident about using you.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2017, 03:57:12 PM »
Brilliant. That's almost exactly as I calculated it.  I greatly appreciate the transparency and honesty, no BS response. It makes me feel very confident about using you.

I appreciate you saying that. Business ethics is a big deal for me, and I've seen too many good authors get ripped off over the years. One of my absolute favorite things to do is try to work out solutions which benefit everyone involved and run with them. Those solutions don't always make me a ton of money, but the main goals are to help as many people as possible and keep myself busy in the process. Money is a lesser consideration. I made plenty of that when I was still publishing romance, anyway.

Hopefully there will be some more reviews as KBoards authors continue to get on board and use my service. Thanks, everyone!

Offline Sonya Bateman

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2017, 04:18:23 PM »
I can testify that this is an awesome service so far. ;D I booked a promo stacker for mid-April, total cost around $550 -- so a little lower than average for romance, but the book I'm promoting is M/M (first in a trilogy) so a few options weren't available. Ram was super fast in responding, acknowledging receipt of my booking and getting the invoice to me the same day, and I had a preliminary schedule the next day. Prompt refunding from a site where the submission guidelines had changed so they couldn't take my book, and I received a finalized promo schedule in less than a week.

All for maybe twenty minutes of filling out a form (and it only took me that long because I hadn't written a short blurb for the book beforehand, which I should've done anyway -- my bad!). I'm very, very pleased with the service and super excited about the promo coming up. ;D Will definitely do this again!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 04:20:21 PM by Sonya Bateman »

Sonya Bateman

Online Evenstar

• Bristol, UK
  • YA and PNR
    • View Profile
    • Author Website
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2017, 03:14:51 AM »
One more question, sorry.

Can you also advise an author on which sites would most suit their genre? Is there an option to request this information or is it just an automated blanket service?

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2017, 06:25:00 AM »
One more question, sorry.

Can you also advise an author on which sites would most suit their genre? Is there an option to request this information or is it just an automated blanket service?

You can ask and I'll give you the best advice I can. Feel free to PM me here or shoot an email over to thepromostacker@gmail.com.

Really though, if your plan is to stack promotions, you can't go wrong choosing pretty much any of the venues on the list for any genre. And ones that won't accept genre X or Y have this information listed so you know not to pick those.

It's important to remember that the benefit to stacking is to boost your rank as high as possible for a single day or 2-3 day period, kind of like what you get with a single BookBub promotion. Even if, say, you book a promotion at a venue that costs $20 but only delivers 20 sales @ 99c (a net loss), if you stack 10 of these promotions on top of each other, you'd have 200 sales all on the same day, and that's enough to give your rank a nice boost, even in the most competitive category.

Obviously, if you push hard enough to get your book to a good rank it will be seen by many more readers. So, even if your promotions were a net loss, they got you were you wanted to go - in front of a lot of readers - and from there your book will need to stand on its own. If those readers like what they see, maybe they'll snatch it up and you book will stay at that ranking or do even better. If they don't like what they see, then the book will fall back off the charts. The circle of life and all that.

You will want to avoid any venue which doesn't provide a good overall value, however. This amount is different for everyone. For me, I was satisfied if I got what I called "over 1/3rd" on paid promotions. Basically, that means I got back 1/3rd or more of my purchase price in direct sales/borrows/pagereads/etc. The venues on my lists have all consistently given this level of service or better when I've used them.

So, and this is advice for everyone, don't get too caught up in trying to only seek out venues which give an ROI, because it probably won't happen. Bookbub was the only place that always gave me a ROI from their promotion alone. The rest were a net loss most of the time, but together with some other important marketing things every author should pursue (like FB ads and a dedicated fan base & ARC team) they helped get my books where I wanted them to go and resulted in plenty of bestsellers over the years.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2017, 07:23:32 PM »
I've added two new venues to the romance service recently ;D :

The Wolf Pack - awesome for PNRs and soft Scifi Roms. Offers discounted pricing on all promotions booked through my service.

Ebook Itch - been around a few years, small but dedicated Romance reader base. Promo Stacker clients get a 10% discount.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2017, 10:23:10 AM »
Another update:  ;D

Added more exclusive Promo Stacker DISCOUNTS:

Bargain Booksy (non-romance genres only!) -- 5% off all orders

Freebooksy (non-romance genres only!) -- 5% off all orders

New In Books (Romance, Mystery/Thriller, Literary Fiction) - 10% discount off all orders. (order includes Bargain Booksky promo, Red Feather Promo (romance titles only), New In Books promo, professional Bookbub and social media (facebook, twitter, insta) advertising, and more, all in one package.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2017, 07:27:36 AM »
More discounts added!!  :o

I've added EReader IQ to my list as yet another venue offering exclusive, discounted pricing for all orders received through my Promo Stacker service.

Also, it looks like I currently have plenty of availability next week. So, get your orders in now and beat the crowd-- I tend to get lots of orders on Mondays for some reason...

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2017, 04:27:46 PM »
Bumpin' cause I've got a lighter schedule than usual for the rest of the week. So, bring on the orders you lovely people, you.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2017, 08:58:20 AM »
Another Discount Added!

All promotions placed through the Promo Stacker now get discounted pricing at ManyBooks! Big thanks to Lisa and everyone at ManyBooks for their generosity. ;D

So that's 20 venues now where my clients get discounted pricing. 20! And I pass along most, if not all, of the savings to my clients because...why not? You'd be hard pressed to find any VA or marketing service which could offer you anything like this.

Here's the complete, updated list of all the venues where Promo Stacker now gets a discount (in no particular order):

-My Romance Reads
-BookSends
-Just Kindle Books
-Brazen Bookshelf
-Shifted Sheets
-Hot Stuff Romance
-eBookHounds
-ExciteSteam
-ShareBear Newsletter
-Full Hearts Romance
-eBookSoda
-Awesomegang (Multi-site Promo Option Only)
-Romance Devoured
-The Wolf Pack
-Ebook Itch
-Bargain Booksy (non-romance genres only!)
-Freebooksy (non-romance genres only!)
-New In Books
-ManyBooks

...and I'm always looking to add great venues to my list and work out discounted pricing with them.

No B.S. people, just me ordering promotions for you, which I get a discounted price on, and passing some of those savings on to you. No unrealistic promises or impossible dreams. No Amazon TOS violations. No promotional venue guideline violations. It's just me saving you some time and hopefully a few bucks.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 07:03:32 PM by raminar_dixon »

Offline Stacy Claflin

• Seattle-ish
  • Run like you have to get to the library
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Claflin, Author
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2017, 01:22:21 PM »
This sounds really interesting! I'm bookmarking for later. :)

USA Today bestselling author of The Gone Trilogy & Dean's List: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Free Books

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2017, 07:44:34 AM »
Bumpin' cause I've gotten caught up for the moment and have availability this afternoon and into the weekend.

Thanks!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2017, 10:20:16 AM »
I got kind of flooded with orders after my last post, but I'm nearly caught up now. If I didn't send anyone their preliminary scheduling sheet yet, just hit me with an email and I'll send it over ASAP.

Thanks!!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2017, 07:46:18 AM »

• Added Crave Romance's Premium Feature option to the Promo Stacker options list.

The Premium listing @ Crave includes the following additional benefits:

- Add additional store links, including B&N, iBooks, Kobo, Smashwords, Google Play, and Instafreebie
- Appear above Standard Listings for the day's deals with a styled border
- Inclusion of a direct Amazon or Instafreebie link to your book in your promo day's email blast

----Coming Soon----

-An actual website (and not just a submission form) for the Promo Stacker will be arriving eventually.

-I want to be able to start offering flat-rate promotion packages. Non-newsletter/CPC ads/other advertising would be integrated into these packages, and offering in tiered pricing. This should be extra good for both the newbies and the more experienced authors who just want a more rounded marketing approach along with an even more hands-off experience than is currently offered with the PS.

-I'm also in the process of doing more tracking of my clients' books before, during, and after their promotional period so I can have lots of data on which venues offer the best value vs. genre. Whenever I get this all figured out, I'll try to come up with some kind of way to easily communicate this on the form to clients.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2017, 07:46:30 AM »
Bumpin' cause I've got some availability for tomorrow and Friday. Try to get your orders in before the weekend if you can! :)

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2017, 03:47:50 PM »
Quick thing:

I've now added the functionality for authors to order promotions without requesting a specific "stack" date.

Now, you can order promotions for a spread out period over days or weeks, on multiple varying stack dates, or really however the heck you want.

This has been something people have been asking for or just doing anyway since the beginning. Now, I've made it easier to customize your promotion schedule how you like it. Let me know if you run into any problems or have any questions at all!

Offline sali19

• USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2017, 08:22:28 PM »
Just throwing in my two cents that I've used Ram for my last 3 releases and was ecstatic not to have all those damn emails in my inbox, but just one neat spreadsheet. It also takes away some of the deer in a headlight because I basically just click everything my book quals for and then pay the piper. And walk away, and eat ice cream. I can't for see NOT using Ram for each new release forever. There is literally no reason not to. I'm still waiting on the one click package option. ;) where you just click one bubble that says: Book Everything

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2017, 05:50:30 AM »
Just throwing in my two cents that I've used Ram for my last 3 releases and was ecstatic not to have all those damn emails in my inbox, but just one neat spreadsheet. It also takes away some of the deer in a headlight because I basically just click everything my book quals for and then pay the piper. And walk away, and eat ice cream. I can't for see NOT using Ram for each new release forever. There is literally no reason not to. I'm still waiting on the one click package option. ;) where you just click one bubble that says: Book Everything

Thanks, sali19!

I am planning on creating a "one click" option - well, several of them, really. The plan is to have tiered promotion packages. Probably something like:

T1 - $300
T2 - $600
T3 - $1200
T4 - $2500

Social media advertising would be included.

...but the existing Promo Stacker format will not be going away either, for those who would rather pick n' choose the venues they want. My goal is to offer something for everyone at a fair price.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 05:37:06 PM by raminar_dixon »

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2017, 04:11:08 PM »
Bumpin' cause I've got time again this week for more orders (for now, that is).

Offline Learning by lurking

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2017, 05:13:35 PM »
Any chance you will incorporate Facebook ads into this at some point?

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2017, 05:36:28 PM »
Any chance you will incorporate Facebook ads into this at some point?

It's planned as a part of the tiered "one click" promotion packages I'll be rolling out soon.  ;D

Offline Learning by lurking

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2017, 05:59:41 PM »
It's planned as a part of the tiered "one click" promotion packages I'll be rolling out soon.  ;D

Awesome. Will keep my eyes open as the course everyone swears by is to expensive for my blood. Thanks for the quick reply.

Offline Maria G. Melton

• Gainesville, GA
  • Introduction. Hello, Everyone!
    • View Profile
    • Promote your books for free!!
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2017, 10:43:16 PM »
Looks cool. . .thanks. . .

>>>>> Hi All...Recipe For Who love to bake ? <<<<<
#-->> Author Introduction...finally. | FB | Twitter | Author Page | FB Group | FB Fanpage
Promote your kindle books for free

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2017, 07:47:58 AM »
A few quick updates:

-I've added Love Kissed Books to the discounted romance venues list.

-CraveReads has been added to the non-romance Promo Stacker. They are also part of the discounted venues list.

-I have a big update (hopefully) tomorrow for all those who are waiting for the new tiered-pricing "one click" promotion packages. If you're looking for a simple, fixed-price solution for newsletter and social media promotions and marketing, you'll definitely want to check it out.

-Also, I'm staying extremely busy lately, but I still have room in my schedule this week for more clients. My turnaround time is anywhere between 24-48 hours from payment to orders being filled.

Thanks!

Online Bill Hiatt

• California
    • View Profile
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2017, 08:04:58 AM »
I somehow missed the fact that you're now accepted all genres. I'll definitely be using you in the future.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2017, 10:54:17 AM »
Since I started the Promo Stacker, I've been privileged enough to help several dozen authors get their books into the top 10-1000 over the last few months (one of the latest books was ranked within the top 20 in the Kindle Store a few days ago). Many of those same authors have been asking me for a more hands-off, "one click" kind of solution that would make promoting their books even easier, include social media advertising and a wider range of promotions to meet a larger audience, and give them more time to do other stuff like writing their next book, working on other projects, or just taking a much-deserved break or vacation.

So, to meet the demand for such a service, I've created Book Rank.

The aim was a simple design and a simple, no-nonsense ordering process.

All tiered (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond) packages include:

-Paid promotional ad space in multiple newsletters (the same ones in my Promo Stacker list). Your book is submitted to the venues I believe will be most beneficial to your campaign based on your budget, dates & availability, genre, and other factors. You don't have to pick and choose where to send it, that's all done for you.

-Submission to dozens of unpaid newsletters and websites which promote authors and ebooks.

-Submission to dozens of both private & public FB groups that concentrate on ebooks, deals, and author publicity.

-Promotion of your title within a few of my own private resources, which have not been made available to other authors before.

-Paid advertising on Facebook (all tiers) and Twitter (Silver tier and higher only). I create the artwork for these ads for you, as well.

-Much like the Promo Stacker service, before your promotions begin, you'll receive a list of the paid, public venues where your book will be advertised and when. Clients also receive links to the social media ads I'm running for them so they can like/share/etc. I do not share the scheduling or data from my own private resources or any of the unpaid venues.

-Promotion Packages are designed to meet most budgets and range from $200 - $2500.

(Note: The original Promo Stacker services are now being offered under the "build you own" options on the Book Rank website, but you can still access the order forms just like before directly through the old Jotform links in the OP. Also note that orders placed for the Promo Stacker service do not include social media ads or advertisement within my private resources.)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 11:14:54 AM by raminar_dixon »

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
Re: Book Rank (formerly Ram's Promo Stacker) - One Stop Promo Shop!
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2017, 06:54:35 PM »
Over $43,000 in promotions scheduled for April so far. That's crazy!

Thanks to everyone for helping to make this thing a rousing success. Romance is still 90% of my business, but non-romance genres are picking up steam super fast. Don't be skeered to send me your Science Fiction, Cozy Mystery, Thriller, or whatever. I can handle any genre ('cept erotica).

Also, I'm caught up again for now and have availability for new clients.

Offline Issy

• England
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2017, 02:33:08 AM »
I've just used this for promoting my first in series ... that book was published January 2016 so it's been around a while at $3.99. I'm doing the 99c promo. It's very nice to see it's jumped up from its usual ranking of #20,000-#30,000 in the Amazon store to its current rank of #2,200 or so. :) Hopefully I'll pick up some new fans and get a bit of series sell-through!

Also ... so so so SO grateful not to have to do all the tedious form filling and everything. Thanks Ram!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2017, 05:59:32 AM »
I've just used this for promoting my first in series ... that book was published January 2016 so it's been around a while at $3.99. I'm doing the 99c promo. It's very nice to see it's jumped up from its usual ranking of #20,000-#30,000 in the Amazon store to its current rank of #2,200 or so. :) Hopefully I'll pick up some new fans and get a bit of series sell-through!

Also ... so so so SO grateful not to have to do all the tedious form filling and everything. Thanks Ram!

Glad to help! Best of luck with the sell-through!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2017, 05:18:41 PM »
UPDATE:

I've added the ability to add-on small Facebook and Twitter ad packages to Promo Stacker orders. It's $60 for either package, $120 if you choose both.

Ads will run at either the start of your promotional period or they will be concentrated tightly around your stack date if you chose to stack your venue promotions. I create the ads for you and share the links so you can like/share/etc (just like with Book Rank's tiered packages).

Thanks!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2017, 09:13:52 AM »
Bumping 'cause I'm all caught up and I don't have any new orders up for next week yet.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2017, 07:06:44 PM »
UPDATE:

Clients who use the Promo Stacker service can now select "Give me the MAX" and completely skip the venue choosing process.

This is great for those who don't have the time or inclination to figure out which venues are available to them given their date range/genre/price/etc. but DO know that they want the biggest, bestest order possible.

When you choose "Give me the MAX", I'll include the maximum number of venues at the highest possible level (Featured, Spotlight, etc.) in your order. (note: MAX does not include ARC review services or Bookbub unless you tell me to)

And if you have any venues you definitely don't want me to include for whatever reason, you can say so in the additional comments at the bottom of the form.

As always, you're invoiced first before I place any orders, so you will have a chance to look over everything and make sure the venues chosen are to your satisfaction. If you want any of the extras, like the Freebie site submission or FB/Twitter marketing add-ons, you can choose those and pay for them when you pay my retainer, as usual.

Oh yeah, and this new feature doesn't cost anything extra. I'm just trying to give everyone more options, and this kind of quality of life improvement has come up a lot.

Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks and enjoy!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2017, 10:56:19 AM »
Bumping because I have plenty of availability for client orders.

Offline truc

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2017, 02:26:53 PM »
Add me to Ram's list of satisfied customers. My sci-fi book is hovering on the edge of crossing the 1k rank thanks to the ads that Ram stacked a while back for this week. Would definitely book again!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2017, 09:12:45 AM »
Add me to Ram's list of satisfied customers. My sci-fi book is hovering on the edge of crossing the 1k rank thanks to the ads that Ram stacked a while back for this week. Would definitely book again!

I hope it continues to gain lots of momentum and do great for you, truc!

Online Bill Hiatt

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2017, 03:16:15 PM »
Quick question: can you handle books that are "permacheap"? ( I have a $0.99 first-in-series book that would be ripe for promotion at this time, as I haven't done much with it lately beyond AMS ads, so there isn't the problem of having used any promoter too recently.)

I know many promoters will take that kind of submission, but some won't, which probably makes extra nuisance for you. That's why I'm asking the question. (On the plus side, it does make scheduling easier, since I'm not confined to a short promotional range.)

Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2017, 03:56:25 PM »
Quick question: can you handle books that are "permacheap"? ( I have a $0.99 first-in-series book that would be ripe for promotion at this time, as I haven't done much with it lately beyond AMS ads, so there isn't the problem of having used any promoter too recently.)

I know many promoters will take that kind of submission, but some won't, which probably makes extra nuisance for you. That's why I'm asking the question. (On the plus side, it does make scheduling easier, since I'm not confined to a short promotional range.)

"Perma cheap" is no problem for me at all.

As long as the always-important stuff is there: cover/blurb/decent reviews... I can make it happen, capt'n. There are plenty of venues that will be interested.

I would suggest going for free if possible since it sounds like your goal is sell-through to the rest of your series. 99c can still work well, however.

Online Bill Hiatt

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2017, 06:33:20 AM »

"Perma cheap" is no problem for me at all.

As long as the always-important stuff is there: cover/blurb/decent reviews... I can make it happen, capt'n. There are plenty of venues that will be interested.

I would suggest going for free if possible since it sounds like your goal is sell-through to the rest of your series. 99c can still work well, however.
Thanks for the quick response. I'll give free some consideration, though I have philosophical issues with it. In any case, thanks also for being so flexible. From past experience, I knew there were promoters who would take permacheap, but I wasn't sure you'd be interested.

It won't be long I have three series going, so I'll finally be able to rotate promotions effectively--so it looks as if we'll be doing business a lot.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2017, 06:06:43 AM »
Bumpin' cause it feels good. :P

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2017, 01:35:07 PM »
GUIDELINE UPDATE:

FINISHED COVER ART (with a title that is NOT going to change) is now a strict requirement before I'll start work on any order.

It's way too confusing for everyone involved, otherwise. I've had far too many clients change their book's title or even change to an entirely different book on me halfway through the process. This kind of thing can create a scheduling nightmare. So, since I like peaceful dreaming, there's this new guideline.

-"TBA" or something similar does not count as a title, unless your book is ACTUALLY going to be called "TBA" (which is probably not a good title for anything, really) or whatever.

-If your title changes after I've ordered your promotions, you'll be charged a $200, non-refundable rescheduling fee.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2017, 11:31:57 AM »
UPDATE:

Mark My Words (MMW) Bad Boy Promotions has been added to my romance Promo Stacker. They serve promotions for Erotic Romance and Contemporary Romance titles only at this time.

Promo Stacker clients get a healthy discount and, bonus, only have to pay a flat rate as opposed to the "pay per click" that MMW normally charges for their services.

P.S. I also plan to incorporate MMW's services into applicable Book Rank package orders.

Have a nice weekend, all!

Online Evenstar

• Bristol, UK
  • YA and PNR
    • View Profile
    • Author Website
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2017, 08:35:32 AM »
I have another question. Can I book for a book launch without using a long pre-order?

E.G. Can I book without an ASIN until say 3 weeks before it goes live?

I've always found it very hard to organise a strong launch week because most decent places need reviews and plenty of notice

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2017, 08:59:35 AM »
I have another question. Can I book for a book launch without using a long pre-order?

I've always found it very hard to organise a strong launch week because most decent places need reviews and plenty of notice

As long as you have completed cover art and a book title that isn't going to change, you can place an order. And as long as everything passes muster (I kind of operate as a pre-filter for many of these venues) I'm often able to get bookings early, and without an ASIN or reviews.

Be aware that even though I can offer some help "getting in" that not all venues give me the same amount of flexibility. Some of them simply won't accept a promotion request unless you have an ASIN. Those are listed directly on the form for your convenience.

Offline JaclynDolamore

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2017, 03:48:54 PM »
I don't see the answer to this on the thread, so forgive me if I missed it, but how far out do you recommend scheduling a promotion to not miss any advertisers before their cut off dates? If I want to do an August promo, should I book now, for instance?

Like I know when I do it myself usually Book Barbarian is two months out or something. One of the most annoying things about promo scheduling is remembering who is booked into infinity, and who won't even take a submission until 30 days before...

Jaclyn Dolamore | Blog | Facebook | Twitter

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2017, 06:58:10 PM »
I don't see the answer to this on the thread, so forgive me if I missed it, but how far out do you recommend scheduling a promotion to not miss any advertisers before their cut off dates? If I want to do an August promo, should I book now, for instance?

Like I know when I do it myself usually Book Barbarian is two months out or something. One of the most annoying things about promo scheduling is remembering who is booked into infinity, and who won't even take a submission until 30 days before...

It kind of depends on what you want to spend and your genre, mostly.

This is what I recommend:

(Note: "promotion ending date" refers to the last day you are willing to run your book promotion.)

ROMANCE:

Bronze: No date requirement.

Silver: order at least 3 weeks before your promotion ending date

Gold: order at least 3 weeks before your promotion ending date

Diamond: order 6-8 weeks before your promotion ending date

NONROMANCE:

Bronze: No date requirement.

Silver: No date requirement.

Gold: order at least 3 weeks before your promotion ending date

Diamond: order at least 6 weeks before your promotion ending date

PROMO STACKER ORDERS (any genre):

You give the dates, I check out the venues before I bill you and exclude any that don't fall within your given promotion window. Dates of usual availability for each venue are listed right there on the order form.

-

Obviously, the farther out you are willing to run promotions, the more and better venues I can get for you. To not miss ANY advertisers at all, you'll have to order probably 10 weeks out...but most people don't want to wait that long and I don't blame them! I keep hoping that Book Barbarian and a few others that are definitely effective (like Robin Reads, Fussy Librarian, and more) will add some new promotions or something since they stay booked up so far ahead. I'd love these venues to offer a higher-cost special/feature/whatever that would have closer openings.  8)

Offline JaclynDolamore

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2017, 07:18:57 PM »
Okay! Excellent. I'm actually planning a promotion in 10 weeks soooo I might as well go ahead and book you. =D

Jaclyn Dolamore | Blog | Facebook | Twitter

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2017, 06:22:33 AM »
UPDATE:

I've added readper to my venue lists for both romance and non-romance.

Promo Stacker clients get discounted pricing on their deluxe newsletter promotion (NL promo + blog post on their site). :)

You can check out readper:

On their website: http://readper.com/

In their thread here at KBoards: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,245348.0.html

Online Bill Hiatt

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2017, 06:40:07 AM »

I think that's changing. My last new release I picked up practically every promo site I've ever heard of. The exceptions were a couple ones that I would have to have booked two months ahead--so normally they wouldn't be good venues for new releases. Many did require links to another well-reviewed book, which is understandable, but most offered some kind of new release option.

Anyway, my first promo stack with Ram is happening in July, and I can hardly wait!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2017, 07:21:28 AM »
Dropping in for a quick note:

I'll be running around this weekend -> most of next week doing holiday/family fun stuff. If you've got an open order with me no worries, I'll be around and I'm still keeping things updated.

If you have a new order you want to place w/ me during this period that's totally fine - but please be aware that it might take me a little longer to respond back than usual. My grand plan for this week is "fun all day, get the work done at night."

Thanks!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2017, 06:48:15 PM »
Bumpin' cause bumpin' feels fantastic.

:P :P :P

Offline cidneyswanson

• Pacific NW
    • View Profile
    • Author Page
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2017, 11:43:41 AM »
Hi Ram. Trying to make sure I understand the difference between promostacker and bookrank tiered packages. For the tiered pkgs, you list these features/services:

-Paid promotional ad space in multiple newsletters (the same ones in my Promo Stacker list). Your book is submitted to the venues I believe will be most beneficial to your campaign based on your budget, dates & availability, genre, and other factors. You don't have to pick and choose where to send it, that's all done for you.

My questions:
1) Is it just the first of the above listed items that's included in a promostacker?
2) Is the $50 retainer a one time fee or per title fee or ... ?
3) How are the FB ads that you make in the tiered pkgs paid for? I'm assuming the $200/$400 etc doesn't include the cost of the FB ads, although if it did that would be cool--lol!
4) With the tiered pkgs, does the 6.9% and/or the retainer fees go away, or are they also payable in things besides promostacker?

If my questions don't seem clear, ask, uh, more questions.  ;) Thanks much!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2017, 02:32:21 PM »
Hi Ram. Trying to make sure I understand the difference between promostacker and bookrank tiered packages. For the tiered pkgs, you list these features/services:

My questions:
1) Is it just the first of the above listed items that's included in a promostacker?
2) Is the $50 retainer a one time fee or per title fee or ... ?
3) How are the FB ads that you make in the tiered pkgs paid for? I'm assuming the $200/$400 etc doesn't include the cost of the FB ads, although if it did that would be cool--lol!
4) With the tiered pkgs, does the 6.9% and/or the retainer fees go away, or are they also payable in things besides promostacker?

If my questions don't seem clear, ask, uh, more questions.  ;) Thanks much!

1) The Promo Stacker doesn't come "standard" with social media marketing and unpaid venue submissions. However, you can purchase these extra services as add-ons (at the bottom of the order form). You'd pay for them at the same time you pay the retainer. Also, if you want a greater social media spend, you can always just mention it in the additional comments section and I can add it to the invoice when I generate it for you.

2) The $50 retainer is a per title fee.

3) Social media ads are actually included by default for all pre-priced packages (FB only for Bronze packages) and part of the package price. ;D The general split I use for the tiered packages is usually around 20% soc. media, 70% venues, 10% me. So a $400 order breaks down like so: $50 (the same amount as the retainer fee I charge on PS orders) + $35 (my 10% of 350), $245 towards venue promotions, and $70 towards social media. My cut is pretty close to the same, or less, on these orders as it is on Promo Stacker orders with all the extra add-on services chosen.

This split depends greatly on venue availability and acceptance, of course. For instance, if I try to get you a Bookbub promotion but they rejected it and you purchased a Diamond package, I'll allocate those funds back into a greater social media spend unless you tell me to do otherwise. Once my $50 + 10% are covered, every dime goes towards promoting your book.

Note: On Bronze orders, I reduce my retainer fee and percentage cut by about half since such small orders are much less work for me. I really only recommend Bronze packages for short promotions on free titles or as a way to try out my service for the first time, though. You'll likely get a much better result with a Silver package or higher.

Another note: If you don't want any part of your budget to go towards social media ads on a pre-priced package order, just let me know and I'll leave it out.

4) As stated above, the retainer fee and my % are incorporated into the total cost of the pre-priced tiered packages. My % for the packages is slightly higher since I'm also doing social media ads and artwork, I'm choosing all the venues for you, and I'm doing unpaid site submissions as well.

Hope that answers everything! Let me know if anything needs more explanation or if you have any other questions!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 02:35:13 PM by raminar_dixon »

Offline cidneyswanson

• Pacific NW
    • View Profile
    • Author Page
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2017, 03:43:45 PM »
Best. Answering. Ever.  :) Srsly, that was super clear! Thanks very much!

Offline Tstarnes

• Texas
    • View Profile
    • Author Website
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2017, 04:14:14 PM »
Seriously.  That's some transparency right there.  I can't think of very many promo services where they straight up tell you what their cut is and what is actually going to advertising.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2017, 04:20:58 PM »
Seriously.  That's some transparency right there.  I can't think of very many promo services where they straight up tell you what their cut is and what is actually going to advertising.

Thanks!

I try to be crystal clear about as much as possible. Authors have enough to worry about already!

Offline Eric T Knight

• Tucson, AZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2017, 04:06:58 PM »
Well, count me as impressed. You're going to be hearing from me soon. I have book 1 in a fantasy series coming out next week, then book 2 in August and the 3rd book in late September, just over 10 weeks away. That's what I'm going to be shooting for, to promo book 1 hard when the 3rd book comes out. I'm excited to see the results!

Eric T Knight | ericTknight.com

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2017, 06:52:30 PM »
Well, count me as impressed. You're going to be hearing from me soon. I have book 1 in a fantasy series coming out next week, then book 2 in August and the 3rd book in late September, just over 10 weeks away. That's what I'm going to be shooting for, to promo book 1 hard when the 3rd book comes out. I'm excited to see the results!

Thanks for your interest and looking forward to working with you, Eric!

Offline Eric T Knight

• Tucson, AZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2017, 09:23:24 AM »
Well, the first promo I booked with Ram doesn't start until Aug 22nd, so I can't report yet on its success, but I would like to say this: Ram has been very quick to respond to my questions and quite patient with me so far. (I maybe haven't been doing so well with the urge to micromanage  :))

Eric T Knight | ericTknight.com

Offline TromboneAl

• Name IRL: Al Macy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2017, 06:46:45 PM »
Ram,

Looks good. I'm probably going to use this for my upcoming release.

Some questions:

Are you book-rank.com, or a separate entity? I can't find anything on that site about "Ram's Promo Stacker, an optional "build your own" service"

I go to book-rank.com, and the sum total information I can get there is: "Submission to 14-20 Promotional Venues. Custom Paid Advertising on Facebook."

Am I missing something?

Al Macy | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2017, 07:44:02 PM »
Ram,

Looks good. I'm probably going to use this for my upcoming release.

Some questions:

Are you book-rank.com, or a separate entity? I can't find anything on that site about "Ram's Promo Stacker, an optional "build your own" service"

I go to book-rank.com, and the sum total information I can get there is: "Submission to 14-20 Promotional Venues. Custom Paid Advertising on Facebook."

Am I missing something?

On the Services page, scroll down and choose one of the two options under "Build It Yourself". Those should be labeled as Promo Stacker on the buttons.

Link for your convenience: http://www.book-rank.com/services.html

And yes, book-rank.com is me!

--

I'm playing a bit of catch-up this weekend since I've been beyond busy. If you have an open order from the last day or two with me hang in there. I'll catch up on invoicing tomorrow. And after that I'll be doing lots of ordering, so updates will be a-coming.

Offline TromboneAl

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2017, 06:42:00 AM »
>Scroll down

Ah, that's the problem. You might want to redesign that page--few people will realize that there's more below, even though there's text to that effect. Here's how it looks on my computer:

« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 07:56:45 AM by TromboneAl »

Offline TromboneAl

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2017, 08:26:55 AM »
Okay, I signed up, thanks.

I've recently read that money can buy happiness when you use it to give yourself more time. This fits the bill.

Question: When you say: "We charge an additional 6.9% to cover associated transaction fees and our standard rate. "

Does that mean that the prices shown for each promo site include that 6.9% or that the 6.9% will be on top of those?

Offline TromboneAl

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2017, 07:12:42 PM »
Answer: It's on top of those.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2017, 08:42:28 AM »
Answer: It's on top of those.

Excellent. You got it!

Looking forward to a great promotional run for you!

Offline kathrynoh

• Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Kathryn O'Halloran
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2017, 05:38:14 PM »
Just a couple of questions - do you let authors know the results of the social media ads?

Also, I've got a Bookbub promo coming up soon. If I wanted to stack ads around it, is it better to do it before the BB or after? I'm never sure which is best :)

Offline Jeff Tanyard

• Georgia
  • Wait and hope.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2017, 05:46:56 PM »
Well, the first promo I booked with Ram doesn't start until Aug 22nd, so I can't report yet on its success

In for the results, and good luck.  :)
Jeff Tanyard | Author Website

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2017, 06:33:30 AM »
Just a couple of questions - do you let authors know the results of the social media ads?

Also, I've got a Bookbub promo coming up soon. If I wanted to stack ads around it, is it better to do it before the BB or after? I'm never sure which is best :)

I don't contact authors with the results of their social media ads as a matter of course, but if you want those results I'm happy to provide them if asked. Keep in mind the only figures I can give you would be # of clicks and average CPC. Downloads/sales/pagereads aren't something I have any way to track. Amazon Associates forbids using affiliate codes within paid social media ads.

Regarding Bookbub:

If you think the BB promo will get your book to the top 100 by itself, then do all your other advertisement after.

If you think the BB promo won't be enough by itself to get your book to the top 100, then do at least 1/2 of your other promotions beforehand.

Obviously, this kind of plan requires you to have an extremely firm grip on what's going on in your genre's market, to have a solid idea of how well your book should stand vs. the competition, and a good measure of complete and total guesswork.

Offline kathrynoh

• Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Kathryn O'Halloran
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2017, 09:56:32 AM »
I don't contact authors with the results of their social media ads as a matter of course, but if you want those results I'm happy to provide them if asked. Keep in mind the only figures I can give you would be # of clicks and average CPC. Downloads/sales/pagereads aren't something I have any way to track. Amazon Associates forbids using affiliate codes within paid social media ads.

Regarding Bookbub:

If you think the BB promo will get your book to the top 100 by itself, then do all your other advertisement after.

If you think the BB promo won't be enough by itself to get your book to the top 100, then do at least 1/2 of your other promotions beforehand.

Obviously, this kind of plan requires you to have an extremely firm grip on what's going on in your genre's market, to have a solid idea of how well your book should stand vs. the competition, and a good measure of complete and total guesswork.

Thanks for that :) Makes sense about the FB ads.

Offline TromboneAl

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2017, 07:03:34 AM »
The process went smoothly, and saved me a lot of time. I opted for stringing out the promos to avoid a simple spike. Good idea? Not sure, but worth a try. Here are the venues I had Ram set up for me (I did some others myself):

In my calendar:

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2017, 06:55:20 PM »
Giving this thread a little bump bump bump

Offline Alix Adale

• Pacific Northwest
  • Paranormal passion--embrace the night.
    • View Profile
    • alixadale.com
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2017, 12:18:45 PM »
Hi Ram, could you explain how the 'user rating' for the promo sites are generated on your site? Is there a minimum threshold? Do the star ratings represent only one or two users, or many more? Thanks! :)

Fire is Magic: 80%

Dawn is Magic: 5%

Paranormal passion--embrace the night.
Alix Adale | website | newsletter | twitter | goodreads

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2017, 12:25:26 PM »
Hi Ram, could you explain how the 'user rating' for the promo sites are generated on your site? Is there a minimum threshold? Do the star ratings represent only one or two users, or many more? Thanks! :)

The star ratings were put together from a survey I held where 100 or so authors contributed feedback on the various venues on my list.

However, many new venues have been added since then and not all of them have ratings, and all of the ratings are at least 6 months old now, so keep that in mind.

Also, none of the venues I have on my list would be what I consider "bad".

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2017, 07:38:38 AM »
Ba-bump

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac