Author Topic: Book Rank (formerly Ram's Promo Stacker) - One Stop Promo Shop!  (Read 20109 times)  

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    • All My Dirty Stuff At Amazon!
Re: Book Rank (formerly Ram's Promo Stacker) - One Stop Promo Shop!
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2017, 05:43:42 AM »
Hi! Question: do you recommend this service for middle grade or kids' books, and do you tailor packages to those audiences?

Absolutely, yes - to both questions.

I've done marketing for several middle grade & children's books.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2017, 03:25:52 PM »
Thanks for all the recent orders, everyone! I'd love to get some more non-romance books if possible, too!

I should have some more venue updates coming soon. A few have been removed but to replace them I've got a some newer places and options to add that I think everyone is really going to like!  ;D

Online David VanDyke

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2017, 05:01:54 PM »
I searched this thread for testimonials, but I don't see any real results reported. Could anyone who has used the service provide:

What was your book (genre, price at discount)?

What was your spend?

What were your results?

I'm especially interested in the 99c range, but I'd like to see any reports.

Futuristic Thrillers, Mysteries and Science Fiction
David VanDyke | Blog | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Contact

Online TaraCrescent

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2017, 08:55:18 PM »
I searched this thread for testimonials, but I don't see any real results reported. Could anyone who has used the service provide:

What was your book (genre, price at discount)?

What was your spend?

What were your results?

I'm especially interested in the 99c range, but I'd like to see any reports.

I'll toss in my most recent book. It was steamy romance. New release, priced at 99c. (32k, one excerpt, no bonus books.)

I spent about $300 with Ram. Basically, I assembled my own promo and Ram made it work. (There's still an option for that, I think, and that's the way I've always done it.) I picked Bargain Booksy, MRR, and about a handful of others over a 3-day period.

In addition, I have a reasonably-sized NL, and I'd arranged more than a dozen NL swaps for my book.

Given all that, I don't know how to allocate results between Ram's service and the rest of my efforts.

The way I see it is that when I pick a site off Ram's list, it's on me to do the due diligence. I won't therefore pick the sites that are ROI sinks. Very few sites seem to be ROI friendly - at least for romance - so I pick the best out of the bunch.

Results: my book was in the top 1000 for ~7 days after launch, and is now in the early 1000s, and I'm pretty pleased with that. I've earned out all promo and am in the black at this stage.

I don't look as Ram's service as some kind of magic bullet, mostly because he's just booking the ad sites - he has no control over how they do. Vetting those is on me. Rather, it's a way to make my life a little easier - rather than submit to 15-20 sites, I upload one cover/blurb to Ram and he does the magic to set up a promo for me. I've used Ram's service with almost every release of mine this year (atleast 5) and I anticipate that I'm going to keep using him for the rest of my upcoming releases.

Hope that helps.

Online David VanDyke

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2017, 01:47:54 AM »
Yes, thank you.

Was your 99c book in KU, or did you earn out on 35% royalty alone?

It would also be nice to hear about some others' promos in isolation (Ram only) as I don't do 99c new releases, reserving 99c and free for first-in-series-type entry points. I'm also pretty savvy about the standard promo list, but I'm behind the power curve on FB ads, so I'm curious about how those do.

Futuristic Thrillers, Mysteries and Science Fiction
David VanDyke | Blog | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Contact

Offline JaclynDolamore

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2017, 07:00:26 AM »
I used Ram recently with a choose-your-own promo stack. Steamy romance in the fantasy/PNR realm, not a new release, but already doing well.

Like Tara, I'm basically just paying Ram for what I don't have time to do, I do put some trust that the sites on his site offer a decent ROI to at least some books, because with stacks I'm never going to really know what works and what doesn't. I did do a Countdown Deal, 99 cents.

I will say, it was my best promo ever as far as sheer numbers. Over 800 books sold in four days. My best rank was #234. And I didn't have to spend time wrangling with different sites and their different booking time requirements. I just booked another promo stack for November. I plan on using this service again and again.

Jaclyn Dolamore | Blog | Facebook | Twitter

Online TaraCrescent

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2017, 08:19:19 AM »
Yes, thank you.

Was your 99c book in KU, or did you earn out on 35% royalty alone?

It would also be nice to hear about some others' promos in isolation (Ram only) as I don't do 99c new releases, reserving 99c and free for first-in-series-type entry points. I'm also pretty savvy about the standard promo list, but I'm behind the power curve on FB ads, so I'm curious about how those do.

I *think* I'd have earned out either way (my page reads always take a few days after release to kick in.)

I've never used the PromoStacker's Facebook ads option, so I can't speak to those. (My hypothesis is that FB ads involve so much testing and tweaking that very few people can become experts in *all* genre. I have no factual basis for this, but I doubt that Ram can do any better with FB ads than I can.)

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2017, 01:34:53 PM »
I have no factual basis for this, but I doubt that Ram can do any better with FB ads than I can.)

This is probably true.

My CPC on any given genre of FB ads varies anywhere between 0.18 and 0.40, depending on lots and lots of things- most of them beyond my control. Naturally, I'd like to get my CPC lower, but I've found that the audience narrowing I've done seems to give the best results (based on rankings) at that level. So, I'd say that while I'm definitely no master FB ads magician, I do know a few tricks and I've seen my fair share of successful marketing through that platform.

Online TaraCrescent

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2017, 02:21:40 PM »
This is probably true.

My CPC on any given genre of FB ads varies anywhere between 0.18 and 0.40, depending on lots and lots of things- most of them beyond my control. Naturally, I'd like to get my CPC lower, but I've found that the audience narrowing I've done seems to give the best results (based on rankings) at that level. So, I'd say that while I'm definitely no master FB ads magician, I do know a few tricks and I've seen my fair share of successful marketing through that platform.

No offense intended, Ram. I haven't experimented with FB ads in a long time, and I never did get my ads much better than the higher end of that range. FB ads haven't been part of my launch strategy this year; the people that make it work in my genre have far too much money to spend on it. I can't compete, so I've stayed out of it.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2017, 02:57:02 PM »
No offense intended, Ram.

None taken! :)

And yes, the amount some clients spend on FB advertising is really up there. It seems to take more and more these days to get anything out of Facebook.

...but I'd really just love it if they gave us more options to narrow audiences for romance.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2017, 08:58:25 AM »
Bumpity bump

I've got plenty of availability for new clients and new orders throughout this week.

:) :)

Offline Going Incognito

• It's always the quiet ones...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2017, 11:14:48 PM »
I just pimped ya out in another thread, Ram.

I've no promo numbers to share as I haven't done any promo in way too long, but I can sing your praises anyway. Having used Ram's services since, oh, 2013 or 2014 back on TNL, I can say you won't find a more stand up guy/service anywhere. Ram goes above and beyond with a transparent, honest, no [bullcrap] business. He's a rare constant in an ever changing self pub landscape. He doesn't hem and haw or sugarcoat things to get your business he just tells it like it is. I can count on one hand the number of people in this business that I'd do anything for and Ram's right at the top of that list, no question. I can't recommend him highly enough.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2017, 06:40:06 AM »
I just pimped ya out in another thread, Ram.

I've no promo numbers to share as I haven't done any promo in way too long, but I can sing your praises anyway. Having used Ram's services since, oh, 2013 or 2014 back on TNL, I can say you won't find a more stand up guy/service anywhere. Ram goes above and beyond with a transparent, honest, no [bullcrap] business. He's a rare constant in an ever changing self pub landscape. He doesn't hem and haw or sugarcoat things to get your business he just tells it like it is. I can count on one hand the number of people in this business that I'd do anything for and Ram's right at the top of that list, no question. I can't recommend him highly enough.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2017, 04:35:51 PM »
Just a quick bump - I've got availability for more new clients and more orders this week. :D

Thanks all!

Offline Going Incognito

• It's always the quiet ones...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2017, 11:31:33 PM »
Psst. I know you said not to contact you here and all, but I was just wondering when you were going to get around to paying me for all that stuff you hired me to say ^ up there. I did copy/paste it correctly, didn't I?

:P

Lol, for real tho, I plan on emailing you tomorrow as I've got something up my sleeve for next month.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2017, 04:51:54 AM »
Psst. I know you said not to contact you here and all, but I was just wondering when you were going to get around to paying me for all that stuff you hired me to say ^ up there. I did copy/paste it correctly, didn't I?

:P

Lol, for real tho, I plan on emailing you tomorrow as I've got something up my sleeve for next month.

LOL.

Nice.  8)

Offline werubin

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2017, 08:04:43 AM »
How were the results of your promo?

Regards,

Will

The process went smoothly, and saved me a lot of time. I opted for stringing out the promos to avoid a simple spike. Good idea? Not sure, but worth a try. Here are the venues I had Ram set up for me (I did some others myself):

In my calendar:

Offline ibizwiz

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2017, 11:06:03 AM »
Not just a thread bump! I know Ram from using TNL to help launch for six erotic books so far. He has always done what he said, and more: I made a noob error on one of my TNL ads. I emailed Ram just minutes before the newsletter was to be mailed out, and he fixed it just in time.

Now, I am not suggesting you cut it so close, ever.  ;D   But I do suggest anyone who's facing the endless do-list of a book launch try his service. Not just because he saved my bacon, but because his knowledge of ebook promotion is exhaustive, and he is extremely responsive to his clients. He knows the value behind the prices, too, starting with his own. Transparent? Yes. Straight shooting? Yes. Good looking? Who the hell knows?

I have seven titles to launch between today and March of next year, so I'll be using Ram extensively, putting my money where my too-wordy mouth is.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2017, 12:07:01 PM »
Transparent? Yes. Straight shooting? Yes. Good looking? Who the hell knows?

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2017, 08:19:46 AM »
UPDATES!  ;D

#1 - Please welcome RED ROSES ROMANCE to the discounted venue list!

Clients get 5% off any orders placed at Red Roses Romance through the Promo Stacker or Book Rank pre-priced package services.

#2 - I've updated venue rankings based on my experience using them along with client feedback. I have also added "Mailing list size" and "Average monthly website visits" metrics to each applicable venue listing to help clients decide which sites are right for them.

If you own/operate one of the venues on my list and the metrics you see need to be changed or are incorrect, just let me know and I'll fix it. (P.S. I've only finished this for the Romance list but should have the Non-romance list done later today).

Offline David Beers

• Athens, GA
  • Killing things one word at a time
    • View Profile
    • David Beers, Author
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2017, 01:22:09 PM »
If someone would like to do the promo pack, but would rather put the money reserved for FB toward discount sites, is this possible? Thanks!

Craft first.
Website | Amazon

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2017, 02:34:34 PM »
If someone would like to do the promo pack, but would rather put the money reserved for FB toward discount sites, is this possible? Thanks!

Yep, absolutely.

Simply let me know in the additional comments at the bottom of the form that you'd like to leave off the FB ads and I'll allocate that portion of the budget towards more venue adverts.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2017, 10:46:15 AM »
Bookbub Ads Campaigns added!

I've added the ability for clients to request Bookbub Ads campaigns, managed by Book Rank. You can order any budget from $10+. Please note that these are NOT the same as Bookbub's more expensive and far more selective "Featured Ad" slots, but these ads do display alongside them in the email newsletters. Bookbub Ads are CPM (Cost Per Thousand) and are based on how many readers view the ad.

There is a simple $10 artwork & ad creation fee for this service, along with our standard 6.9% service charge which is added on top of whatever your maximum budget is.

Right now this option is only open to Promo Stacker (aka "You Build It") clients, but based on future feedback and results I may add it as a standard service on the pre-priced packages also offered at Book Rank.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:48:22 AM by raminar_dixon »

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2017, 11:08:23 AM »
I haven't had much time for posting lately since I've been kind of swamped with orders, but I wanted to remind everyone -- if you're planning on running promotions around Cyber Monday, you'll want to get your orders in to me ASAP. It won't be long before most venues are packed full and don't have any availability left during that period.  :P

Thanks!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2017, 01:29:14 PM »
Please welcome Sweet and Spicy Gay Romance Deals to Book Rank's venue list!

http://www.gayromancedeals.com/

P.S. - I'm still on the lookout for more venues to add my romance and non-romance lists! If you know a site or newsletter that gave you great results on a past promotion, let me know about them!