Author Topic: Book Rank (formerly Ram's Promo Stacker) - One Stop Promo Shop!  (Read 24986 times)  

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    • All My Dirty Stuff At Amazon!
Re: Book Rank (formerly Ram's Promo Stacker) - One Stop Promo Shop!
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2018, 07:25:34 PM »
magnificently concise and incredibly helpful review

Do you write reviews for a living? Because you should. That was a truly perfect review. I LOVE getting feedback like this. LOVE IT. Also, glad to hear you saw a measurable, direct profit during the promotional period.

Just a few notes, not necessarily directed at you, but for all KBoardians who might be reading:

The service is primarily a convenience. There is no secret sauce; just my experience and some good discounts. Probably 75% of my clients are authors who are super busy, or those who need a break for whatever reason. The rest are folks who need someone to guide them (and those are usually newer authors).

If you want more flexibility and you know the sites you want, definitely go with the Promo Stacker rather than the pre-priced packages.

I normally try to weigh down the tail end of a promo run with the big hitters at the end, but that doesn't always happen for a variety of reasons that are out of my control, like Nicholas mentioned. I've found that doing it this way brings better post-promotion ROI and a stickier rank to boot.

Back near the beginning, I used to do fancier FB ads with custom graphics and all that stuff. With my currently insane schedule there's unfortunately just no way I can manage that kind of thing anymore. I do narrow audiences down like a mother, though. I do everything I possibly can to make sure the folks seeing the ad are the same folks who would be deeply interested in reading your ebook. There are not multiple ads for the same book aimed at different audiences or anything like that - I've been whipping them together long enough that I pretty much know what is going to work best given the limited time and resources at my disposal. (Note: if authors want me to leave off FB ads all they need to do is say so on the additional comments field of the order form. I'll still use up the same amount of the budget by getting you more paid venues instead.)

Online ketosis

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2018, 03:40:31 PM »
Just booked your services on a big upcoming UF release I have next month.  I have been eyeing your thread for the past month or so, and am very happy to be working with you. 

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 12, 2018, 05:07:42 PM »
Just booked your services on a big upcoming UF release I have next month.  I have been eyeing your thread for the past month or so, and am very happy to be working with you. 

Just saw your order, Logan, thanks!

Offline RTW

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2018, 07:46:50 AM »
Finally getting around to posting the results of the promos I booked with Ram for my 3-book series. The books are kind of a hybrid UF/SF. The specific results for book 1, which I sold for $0, are in a previous thread.

It's been a while since the promo for book 2, so I'm just going to post the final results.

Sales at $0 (book 1 in series): 2,807
Total paid sales (all 3 books): 113
Total page reads (all 3 books): 3,778

Both books 1 and 2 were ranked in the top 100 in a couple of paid categories for a while there, although neither is now.

In some ways, I was disappointed with the results, but this has utterly nothing to do with Ram's service. I believe that a somewhat too-high price for book 2 ($2.99) dampened its sales, so I ran the promo for book 3 at $0.99 and got much better results in terms of volume. ROI? No. But I wasn't expecting this. Exposure, sales, and reviews were my goals.

The 3 books now have a combined total of 50 reviews, most of them from the ARC service (Hidden Gems). Some other reviews are from purchasers.

I ran AMS ads for all 3 books during the promos. Some of the sales are from the ads, which are still running.

I have only 4 books total out under the pen I'm using, so I'm really just starting out, and I think for that, these are pretty good results. I learned a lot during this promo and got ace guidance from Ram before, during, and after. His advice is invaluable, to say the least.

I'll definitely be using his services again, although maybe I'll get brave and do the promo stacker instead of a package, which is what I used this time. There's so much else to do--in fact I ended up with a massive chart detailing tasks and deadlines for all 3 books--that having someone else take care of the promo sites was terrific.

I know there're authors on kboards who feel one shouldn't be spending more money on promos, etc,. than they're earning as an author, but this business of indie authoring is new to me, and I'm my own investor.

Side note: All 3 books and also my stand-alone have all been getting good page reads and some sales since the last promo ended on the 12th. This is a huge deal for me and very encouraging and energizing.

Many thanks, Ram!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2018, 12:38:24 PM »
Just popping in to let everyone know that I have plenty of time this weekend to handle new orders. That might change a bit over Feb 1st - 7th or so as I'll be moving into my new crib. So...get your orders in early. ;)

New clients are also always welcome. Come check out the service and let's see what I can do for ya!

Many thanks, Ram!

You are most welcome. Glad to be of service!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 05, 2018, 01:40:22 PM »
I've just completed my move and the office is back in action 100%. Apologies for the later-than-usual reply to anyone who messaged me over the last few days.  :'(

I'll be updating the thread soon with new venues which are being added to the service! Thanks everyone!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 06, 2018, 06:21:10 AM »
UPDATE:

Clients can now get Professional quality BOOK TRAILERS from the highly regarded production company Corr Commercials when ordering a Promo Stacker / "You Build It" order!

(You can check out some examples of their work here: https://corrcommercials.com/our-work/ and their thread on kboards here: https://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,234439.0.html)

How does it work?

Basically, like all the other services on my list, you provide me with the needed info and I do all the legwork on your behalf. Turnaround time is a maximum of 10 days.

It's as simple as that.

My goal with this add-on is to make your production cycle easier and more efficient, while keeping your costs consistent. Plus, I figured some authors might have been wanting to try something like this out anyway and going through me for it would be a good introduction. :)

NOTE: Clients purchasing pre-priced packages ("We Build It") can still get me to handle a book trailer package for them - just let me know in the additional comments section of the order form and I'll get in touch with you about it!

-

P.S. COMING SOON: I've got several more promotional venues already lined up which will be offering exclusive Book Rank client discounts. Look for more updates just around the corner!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 10, 2018, 08:46:44 AM »
I've carved out a bit of time this weekend for some more orders, so bring it on if you got 'em!  :P

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2018, 06:57:36 AM »
UPDATE: New Venues Added!

I've added two new venues to my lists. Both come with a nice discount, which is passed along to all my wonderful and totally awesome clients.

Red Hot & Romantic

Ebookasaurus

*** Also, I've modified the OP to reflect these new venue additions, but if you don't want to navigate back there, here's the fully updated (and growing really, reeeealy long) list of venues which Book Rank is able to offer exclusive discounts on for our clients:

-My Romance Reads
-BookSends
-Just Kindle Books
-Brazen Bookshelf
-Shifted Sheets & Uncarved Book Promotions
-Hot Stuff Romance
-eBookHounds
-ExciteSteam
-Ebook Betty (Betty Book Freak)
-ShareBear Newsletter
-Full Hearts Romance
-eBookSoda
-Awesomegang (Multi-site Promo Option Only)
-Romance Devoured
-The Wolf Pack
-Ebook Itch
-Bargain Booksy (non-romance genres only!)
-Freebooksy (non-romance genres only!)
-New In Books
-Crave Romance
-CraveReads
-Love Kissed Books
-MMW Bad Boy Promos
-Red Roses Romance
-Shameless Book Deals
-Author's XP
-Book Trailers from Corr Commercials (NEW!)
-Red Hot & Romantic (NEW!)
-Ebookasaurus (NEW!)

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2018, 09:29:33 AM »
I'm all caught up and have plenty of availability for new orders, new clients, whatever - all week long!  ;D

Offline Dean F. Wilson

• Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
    • Dean F. Wilson
« Reply #160 on: February 21, 2018, 07:56:49 PM »
Just signed up for the Silver Package for two weeks' time. I'll share my results here :)

USA Today & Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author
Dean F. Wilson | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Goodreads | BookBub | SFF Book Bonanza

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 22, 2018, 05:28:34 PM »
Bumpin' cause I got a pretty light schedule tomorrow.

Hit me with your orders before the end of the month if you can. I have a feeling March is going to be insane.  :o

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 25, 2018, 06:19:16 AM »
I've had my coffee and checked my schedule. Plenty of availability for new orders all week. Bring it on. :)

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 26, 2018, 07:40:34 AM »
Today I've added two new venues to my Romance list:

The Sweetest Romance

http://thesweetestromance.com/

and

Bad Boy Romance . Com

http://badboyromance.com/

Both are owned and operated by the wonderful Scarlett Skyes, the same person in charge of Shameless Book Deals.

Regular promotions are FREE at both sites. Featured spots are $5. There's an extra $5 charge for titles without an ASIN.

Offline chrisebookslibrary

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 26, 2018, 09:12:34 AM »
I am thinking about repackaging my Watcher series which is borderline Christain fiction and getting ready to release book 3....do you think your service would be a good fit?

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 26, 2018, 09:18:40 AM »
I am thinking about repackaging my Watcher series which is borderline Christain fiction and getting ready to release book 3....do you think your service would be a good fit?

The genre really doesn't matter as long as it's not erotica. I've managed promotions and marketing for several dozen Christian-themed novels (romance & literature, mostly) over the last year with good results.

Offline Issy

• England
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2018, 06:36:18 AM »
Just wanted to pop in and give this service a big thumbs-up from me! I think this is the second or third time I've used the self-selection promo stacker for a non-romance book, but it's the first time I've had such amazing results. It's always paid for itself before, but this time, it's done brilliantly.

I promoted the first in a series of 6 using some KU free days, and it reached number 10 in the whole Amazon store. I'm seeing great sell-through, and some cracking good reviews, and a lot more newsletter sign-ups too.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 27, 2018, 08:35:45 AM »
Just wanted to pop in and give this service a big thumbs-up from me! I think this is the second or third time I've used the self-selection promo stacker for a non-romance book, but it's the first time I've had such amazing results. It's always paid for itself before, but this time, it's done brilliantly.

I promoted the first in a series of 6 using some KU free days, and it reached number 10 in the whole Amazon store. I'm seeing great sell-through, and some cracking good reviews, and a lot more newsletter sign-ups too.

Thanks, Issy!

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 28, 2018, 05:59:26 AM »
This maybe a dumb question but will ask anyway so please forgive me since I am new to this. How many times a year would you suggest using your service. I hear from some writers advertise very few months to avoid having your book seen over and over again. What do you suggest?

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2018, 06:02:06 AM »
This maybe a dumb question but will ask anyway so please forgive me since I am new to this. How many times a year would you suggest using your service. I hear from some writers advertise very few months to avoid having your book seen over and over again. What do you suggest?

Is this for the same book or for different books from the same author?

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 28, 2018, 06:23:25 AM »
A series and by the same author

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 28, 2018, 06:42:27 AM »
A series and by the same author

I'd at least promote every time you had a new release. For some authors, this is once a month, for others, less often.

You can either promote the first book in the series (I recommend making it permafree) each time or you can promote the latest book in the series (99c+). Which one you pick to promote is determined by your ultimate goal during that particular launch and where you are as an author.

Overpromotion is possible, but you usually have to spend a lot of money before you start running into diminishing returns...unless the book itself is not up to reader quality standards for your genre. If that's the case, any amount of advertising could be like flushing your money down the drain.

Offline doctorshevil

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 28, 2018, 06:45:07 AM »
UPDATE:

Clients can now get Professional quality BOOK TRAILERS from the highly regarded production company Corr Commercials when ordering a Promo Stacker / "You Build It" order!

(You can check out some examples of their work here: https://corrcommercials.com/our-work/ and their thread on kboards here: https://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,234439.0.html)

How does it work?

Basically, like all the other services on my list, you provide me with the needed info and I do all the legwork on your behalf. Turnaround time is a maximum of 10 days.

It's as simple as that.

My goal with this add-on is to make your production cycle easier and more efficient, while keeping your costs consistent. Plus, I figured some authors might have been wanting to try something like this out anyway and going through me for it would be a good introduction. :)

NOTE: Clients purchasing pre-priced packages ("We Build It") can still get me to handle a book trailer package for them - just let me know in the additional comments section of the order form and I'll get in touch with you about it!

This is fantastic, and yes, I am definitely one of those authors who has been wanting to try something like this out anyway!

Offline MH Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 24, 2018, 06:20:29 PM »
Just wanted to give some honest feedback.

I just had Raminar run a silver promotion for me, a first time author, and I'm ecstatic with the results. My free prequel is visible on the first pages of my chosen genres, so people can easily spot my book now. I had the first three books after the free prequel lined up, and I'm hoping I get some sort of traction or follow through, but I guess that depends on the quality of my writing and the interest of readers, of course.

Even if the ratings just last for a heartbeat in time, as a new author with very little audience or exposure, I am grateful just for a decent shot at letting others see my work.

I know a lot of people hesitate to share any results, afraid of bad reviews. I think most people here are pretty awesome, however, and I wanted to give Raminar credit where it was due.

Thanks, Ram.

MH

M.H. Johnson

Offline Bill Hiatt

• California
    • View Profile
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #174 on: March 25, 2018, 12:29:10 PM »
You can either promote the first book in the series (I recommend making it permafree) each time or you can promote the latest book in the series (99c+). Which one you pick to promote is determined by your ultimate goal during that particular launch and where you are as an author.
I've tried in the past to promote later books in a series and found that a lot of promoters won't take books unless they are first in the series. Is that no longer true? Or are there enough promoters without the ones who won't do it to still make the promotional effort worthwhile?

It's unfortunate that only a few promoters are set up to do a promo for a whole series. Really, that would be the best way to go with an in-series new release, catching people who are new to the series and people who've already read part of it.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter