Author Topic: Book Rank (formerly Ram's Promo Stacker) - One Stop Promo Shop!  (Read 24957 times)  

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    • All My Dirty Stuff At Amazon!
Re: Book Rank (formerly Ram's Promo Stacker) - One Stop Promo Shop!
« Reply #175 on: March 25, 2018, 03:59:46 PM »
I've tried in the past to promote later books in a series and found that a lot of promoters won't take books unless they are first in the series. Is that no longer true? Or are there enough promoters without the ones who won't do it to still make the promotional effort worthwhile?

It's unfortunate that only a few promoters are set up to do a promo for a whole series. Really, that would be the best way to go with an in-series new release, catching people who are new to the series and people who've already read part of it.

Most of the venues I use have no restrictions in place requiring only first-in-series books to be promoted.

Only a handful that I'm aware of offer some kind of special deal where they promote your entire series. This kind of special option is usually quite expensive...but they are promoting multiple books for you.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 02, 2018, 08:20:32 AM »
Wow - quick announcement!

Last month was the biggest month ever - Book Rank managed just over $65,000 worth of promotions in March alone. That's around 5 books per day with the average order being about $433. Can you believe I still haven't hired an assistant?

Many thanks to all my wonderful author customers and to the promotional venues I work with on a regular basis. Stay tuned for more discounts and additional venues to be added. Maybe we can make April even bigger! ;)

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2018, 08:38:04 PM »
I've been totally swamped but I'm still bumping this because I just freaking love it!

Offline halliegoodway

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 01, 2018, 09:51:55 PM »
Hi Ram! Quick question, for those who write, let say, Fantasy PNR...what option should we choose? The Romance or non Romance? I mean for some sites, they have a different bookings for fantasy and romance genre...and I'm quite confused what to choose if ever.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 02, 2018, 05:29:48 AM »
Hi Ram! Quick question, for those who write, let say, Fantasy PNR...what option should we choose? The Romance or non Romance? I mean for some sites, they have a different bookings for fantasy and romance genre...and I'm quite confused what to choose if ever.

Is the main focus of your book on the romantic relationship & ultimate outcome between two characters? Or is the main focus on something else? What's the cover look like? - is it a couple holding each other or a sexy shirtless dude...or is it mostly magic swirls, elves, dragons, or something else very fantasy-esque like that? The answers to these questions may help you hone in on which genre is the predominant one in your book, or at least let you figure out how your book might be perceived by potential readers.

Of course, you can always just mix it up and have some venues run it as Fantasy and some run it as PNR. I can fill the order however you want, all you have to do is let me know.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 04, 2018, 12:21:18 PM »
Haven't had a weekend bump in awhile!  :P

Offline idontknowyet

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 04, 2018, 04:24:01 PM »
Do you have promos for new authors publishing their first work?

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2018, 06:30:16 PM »
Do you have promos for new authors publishing their first work?

Sure, that's no problem. There's no restriction on having written a certain number of books or anything before I'll take you on as a client.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2018, 05:53:47 AM »
UPDATE:  :D :D

I've added Bookorium to my venue lists (both Romance and Non-Romance).

Right now promotions with them are FREE if you have an ASIN. If you don't have an ASIN, it's 5 bucks.

It is likely that they will be offering a reduced rate to Book Rank orders at some point in the future when they begin to charge for all promotions.

Look for more new venue announcements and Book Rank updates in the near future. I'm always on the lookout for effective sites to add to my list(s) and more discounts for my clients.

-

Also, I should probably mention that as part of their grand opening, they are currently doing an Author giveaway with like $8,000 worth of marketing, editing, and various professional services as the prize: http://bookorium.com/authorspublishers/bookorium-grand-opening-author-publisher-giveaway/ (ends June 8th)

They are also doing a reader giveaway with $1,000 of Amazon gift cards and KU subsciptions here: http://bookorium.com/promotion/bookorium-grand-opening/ (ends June 1st)

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 23, 2018, 04:53:03 AM »
UPDATE:

Exclusive to only Book Rank & Promo Stacker clients!

You can now get three SOLO romance promotions with the following venues for one massively discounted price:

Shifted Sheets
Ebook Itch
Secret Panty Drawer Romance

...all for $175. Normally, this would cost authors $220!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 30, 2018, 12:27:16 PM »
Hump day Bump day  :o :o

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 08, 2018, 02:00:39 PM »
This thread deserves a big, thick...bump.  :P

Offline AriadneBeckett

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 08, 2018, 09:07:35 PM »
A question for ram and anyone who's used the service....

Reading the comments from authors leaves me a bit unclear about whether using this service can actually generate a return on investment. I saw some people doing it on free books, which seems pointless?

If I were to book promos for the launch of a title, could I expect to earn money after the cost of the promos? Or is the idea that it would help the title rank higher on amazon and thus gain more organic readers? Or is it a vanity thing? Or is it for established authors with large catalogs, hoping to gain new readers?

Sorry for the questions, I'm interested in maybe paying for promotion on my next book, or even an existing one, but it would need to at least pay for itself. This isn't so much a question about whether Ram's service is valid (I'd happily pay someone to do the legwork for me!), but whether the entire concept of paying for promotions is valid.

Offline Bill Hiatt

• California
    • View Profile
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #188 on: June 09, 2018, 05:55:53 AM »
A question for ram and anyone who's used the service....

Reading the comments from authors leaves me a bit unclear about whether using this service can actually generate a return on investment. I saw some people doing it on free books, which seems pointless?

If I were to book promos for the launch of a title, could I expect to earn money after the cost of the promos? Or is the idea that it would help the title rank higher on amazon and thus gain more organic readers? Or is it a vanity thing? Or is it for established authors with large catalogs, hoping to gain new readers?

Sorry for the questions, I'm interested in maybe paying for promotion on my next book, or even an existing one, but it would need to at least pay for itself. This isn't so much a question about whether Ram's service is valid (I'd happily pay someone to do the legwork for me!), but whether the entire concept of paying for promotions is valid.
As far as paying for promotions is concerned, what's the other alternative? There aren't too many people out there who can keep their books visible without some kind of paid promotion every so often.

That said, it's good to consider ROI when choosing among alternatives. Unfortunately, sometimes ROI is trial-and-error. My second newest release earned back several times over. My newest release, with the same promotions utilized, didn't come close. (For some reason, that book just doesn't appeal, though as far as I can tell, it's as good as my other titles.) Advertisers perform differently for different people (and sometimes, as my case illustrates, different books).

Ram's service gives you the opportunity to try a wide range of promoters without having to do the legwork. Then you can tell which ones actually performed well for you and which didn't. At that point, you have some data to work with and can do customized promotions with Ram, using only the promoters that performed the previous time, or you can schedule with those promoters yourself, particularly if there are just a few you want to use.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Offline RTW

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 09, 2018, 06:05:11 AM »
I agree with Bill. I've had a similar experience. One thing, though--I just scheduled my own promos, thinking that it'd be easy to do since I knew which sites I wanted to use . . . but . . . I wish I'd used Ram's service! I spent the better part of a day setting everything up and still have more work to do. My time would definitely have been better spent doing something else. Like writing, for example.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 09, 2018, 06:56:45 AM »
Bill hit the nail on the head. But I'll try to add on to that:

I try to look at promotions and advertising the same way as cover art, editing, etc. - they are all investments. Sometimes your investments pay off and you turn a profit; sometimes they don't. The best basic advice for investing (in anything, really) is to never spend more than you can afford to lose. If it pays off- Yippie! If not... well, at least you didn't gamble with your rent money.

Also, heavy competition in just about every genre makes it much less likely for an author (especially a new one with zero following) to release a new book and not just sort of blend into the background of a thousand other books. Advertising shines a spotlight on your book. If your book matches what the market of readers expects and wants, then you stand a very good chance of increasing your book's ranking and your profit. If your book doesn't do those things, then advertising won't do much to help you.

I will turn away clients and advise them on what to fix first if I feel like their book will not benefit from advertising. This isn't just me being selfless/helpful for the sake of being helpful or something, either. It's important for me to maintain certain standards too- many of the venues regularly use Book Rank like a sort of pre-filter and accept what I send them because they trust my judgement in the quality & marketability of a book. If I start sending them subpar books to advertise, they'll stop being so easy for me to work with.

I should probably also mention that every once in a blue moon I'll see a book that seemingly hits all the marks and still fails with appropriate advertising. Even more rarely, I'll see a book that doesn't align all that well with what readers seem to want but it takes off and does great anyway with just a handful of ads. In most cases, the reason behind the success or failure isn't readily apparent. It happens, it is extremely difficult or impossible to explain, and everyone should be ready for it just in case...good or bad.

To touch on some of your other questions:

-Part of the power behind advertising lies in getting a book into the top 100, category and/or Kindle Store. The chances that a book is successful greatly increases once this happens because more eyes are on it and because Amazon gives additional 'pimpage' to books which rank well.

-Yes, a small minority of authors use advertising at least partially for vanity reasons. Whatever floats their boat is fine by me.

-Many established authors use my service to do regular promotions for their older titles. Promo of back catalog helps keep a pen name fresh and in the minds of readers. It also brings new readers into the fold through series starters or just good books that generate interest in the author and their other works.

TLDR; Promotions and advertising wouldn't exist if they didn't at least sometimes work. Also, don't spend more than you can afford to lose.

Offline Bill Hiatt

• California
    • View Profile
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #191 on: June 09, 2018, 07:13:56 AM »
I agree with Bill. I've had a similar experience. One thing, though--I just scheduled my own promos, thinking that it'd be easy to do since I knew which sites I wanted to use . . . but . . . I wish I'd used Ram's service! I spent the better part of a day setting everything up and still have more work to do. My time would definitely have been better spent doing something else. Like writing, for example.
Yes, the time saving is worth the money to me as well. Doing a really thorough setup, like for a new release, takes at least a full working day.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Offline AriadneBeckett

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 12, 2018, 02:38:32 AM »
Some really great advice here, thank you all so much for the detailed answer to my question. I think it sounds like it boils down to "make sure you have something really sound to promote, then try it and cross your fingers."

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 14, 2018, 12:45:56 PM »
UPDATE:

I've added HotRead's Romance Deals Newsletter to my romance venue list. Clients get an exclusive 25% discount from their regular pricing along with priority booking on Regular spots when going through Book Rank/Promo Stacker.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2018, 06:45:10 AM »
Hump day, bump day  8) 8)

Going on vacation or just want a break? Turn "promotion ordering day" into "sipping a cold beverage by the pool day" and let me take care of it for you.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 29, 2018, 10:07:10 AM »
Got a new release coming up?

Frustrated by the crazy amount of work still left to do?

Wish you could just let someone else handle all the promotions and advertising?

Then what the heck are you waiting for? Order a Book Rank pre-priced package or customize your own campaign with the Promo Stacker service today!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 12, 2018, 09:24:30 AM »
Lets make some more top 100's.

Bummmmmmmp

Offline C. Rysalis

• The Writer's Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 13, 2018, 02:01:30 AM »
It was a pleasure to work with you. Can't wait to see the results  8)

Olivia Rising