Author Topic: Book Rank (formerly Ram's Promo Stacker) - One Stop Promo Shop!  (Read 7256 times)  

Online raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    • All My Dirty Stuff At Amazon!
Re: Ram's Promo Stacker - One Stop Promo Shop!
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2017, 11:28:02 AM »
Can you give a ball park of what the overall cost is?

I realise it is dependant on what sites are booked, but as you've been doing this a while do you have an average of what people are spending in total?

Currently, the average spend on non-romance titles is right around $550, total, no BookBub included. On romance, it's around $650.

But like you said, it's easy to customize your order and come up with your own price. What you want to spend might be more or less than someone else. At the end of the day, I'd recommend spending at least a minimum of $400 on your promotions, and not because more spending = more money for me (cause it does :P), but because above that amount is where I see authors getting the most benefit per dollar out of their newsletter marketing.

Also, if we take an example of $600 worth of promotions:

Actual cost of promotions through the Promo Stacker: $540 (I estimated 10% savings from the various discounts I offer, which range between 5-25%)

+$50 for my retainer
+$37.26 (6.9% of $540 -- my service charge which covers all transaction fees (around 2.9%) and my standard rate (4%) )
-------------
=$87.26 -> covers my complete service for this order

So, your total spend on this hypothetical $600 worth of promotions would be around $627.26. That's me handling everything. All the ordering and scheduling. In my example, you're essentially paying me $27.26 to handle it all. Not bad considering it would take a considerable chunk of your day away to do it yourself. Obviously, it is important to note that the above example is not exactly what everyone would pay or save, as prices and discounts available at the venues vary. It's pretty close though, in my experience.

I also don't recommend requesting a BookBub order through me unless you just don't think you can do it or you don't want to handle it  yourself or something. You'll be paying a small premium just to have me do it and I can't really increase your chances of getting a booking there nor can I offer you any discount there (and I doubt I'll ever be able to unless Josh is feeling super generous). The only reason it is on there is because a few people asked for it to be added, and they have their own reasons for wanting me to do it. If you can, save yourself a few bucks and submit your titles to BookBub on your own. Besides, their submissions process is pretty darn quick and easy.

Offline Evenstar

• Bristol, UK
  • YA and PNR
    • View Profile
    • Author Website
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2017, 11:59:59 AM »
Currently, the average spend on non-romance titles is right around $550, total, no BookBub included. On romance, it's around $650.

But like you said, it's easy to customize your order and come up with your own price. What you want to spend might be more or less than someone else. At the end of the day, I'd recommend spending at least a minimum of $400 on your promotions, and not because more spending = more money for me (cause it does :P), but because above that amount is where I see authors getting the most benefit per dollar out of their newsletter marketing.

Also, if we take an example of $600 worth of promotions:

Actual cost of promotions through the Promo Stacker: $540 (I estimated 10% savings from the various discounts I offer, which range between 5-25%)

+$50 for my retainer
+$37.26 (6.9% of $540 -- my service charge which covers all transaction fees (around 2.9%) and my standard rate (4%) )
-------------
=$87.26 -> covers my complete service for this order

So, your total spend on this hypothetical $600 worth of promotions would be around $627.26. That's me handling everything. All the ordering and scheduling. In my example, you're essentially paying me $27.26 to handle it all. Not bad considering it would take a considerable chunk of your day away to do it yourself. Obviously, it is important to note that the above example is not exactly what everyone would pay or save, as prices and discounts available at the venues vary. It's pretty close though, in my experience.

I also don't recommend requesting a BookBub order through me unless you just don't think you can do it or you don't want to handle it  yourself or something. You'll be paying a small premium just to have me do it and I can't really increase your chances of getting a booking there nor can I offer you any discount there (and I doubt I'll ever be able to unless Josh is feeling super generous). The only reason it is on there is because a few people asked for it to be added, and they have their own reasons for wanting me to do it. If you can, save yourself a few bucks and submit your titles to BookBub on your own. Besides, their submissions process is pretty darn quick and easy.

Brilliant. That's almost exactly as I calculated it.  I greatly appreciate the transparency and honesty, no BS response. It makes me feel very confident about using you.

Online raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2017, 03:57:12 PM »
Brilliant. That's almost exactly as I calculated it.  I greatly appreciate the transparency and honesty, no BS response. It makes me feel very confident about using you.

I appreciate you saying that. Business ethics is a big deal for me, and I've seen too many good authors get ripped off over the years. One of my absolute favorite things to do is try to work out solutions which benefit everyone involved and run with them. Those solutions don't always make me a ton of money, but the main goals are to help as many people as possible and keep myself busy in the process. Money is a lesser consideration. I made plenty of that when I was still publishing romance, anyway.

Hopefully there will be some more reviews as KBoards authors continue to get on board and use my service. Thanks, everyone!

Offline Sonya Bateman

• Nothing interesting to say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2017, 04:18:23 PM »
I can testify that this is an awesome service so far. ;D I booked a promo stacker for mid-April, total cost around $550 -- so a little lower than average for romance, but the book I'm promoting is M/M (first in a trilogy) so a few options weren't available. Ram was super fast in responding, acknowledging receipt of my booking and getting the invoice to me the same day, and I had a preliminary schedule the next day. Prompt refunding from a site where the submission guidelines had changed so they couldn't take my book, and I received a finalized promo schedule in less than a week.

All for maybe twenty minutes of filling out a form (and it only took me that long because I hadn't written a short blurb for the book beforehand, which I should've done anyway -- my bad!). I'm very, very pleased with the service and super excited about the promo coming up. ;D Will definitely do this again!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 04:20:21 PM by Sonya Bateman »

WRONG SIDE OF HELL -- #27 of the 50 Self-Published Books Worth Reading 2016. Woo!
Sonya Bateman

Offline Evenstar

• Bristol, UK
  • YA and PNR
    • View Profile
    • Author Website
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2017, 03:14:51 AM »
One more question, sorry.

Can you also advise an author on which sites would most suit their genre? Is there an option to request this information or is it just an automated blanket service?

Online raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2017, 06:25:00 AM »
One more question, sorry.

Can you also advise an author on which sites would most suit their genre? Is there an option to request this information or is it just an automated blanket service?

You can ask and I'll give you the best advice I can. Feel free to PM me here or shoot an email over to thepromostacker@gmail.com.

Really though, if your plan is to stack promotions, you can't go wrong choosing pretty much any of the venues on the list for any genre. And ones that won't accept genre X or Y have this information listed so you know not to pick those.

It's important to remember that the benefit to stacking is to boost your rank as high as possible for a single day or 2-3 day period, kind of like what you get with a single BookBub promotion. Even if, say, you book a promotion at a venue that costs $20 but only delivers 20 sales @ 99c (a net loss), if you stack 10 of these promotions on top of each other, you'd have 200 sales all on the same day, and that's enough to give your rank a nice boost, even in the most competitive category.

Obviously, if you push hard enough to get your book to a good rank it will be seen by many more readers. So, even if your promotions were a net loss, they got you were you wanted to go - in front of a lot of readers - and from there your book will need to stand on its own. If those readers like what they see, maybe they'll snatch it up and you book will stay at that ranking or do even better. If they don't like what they see, then the book will fall back off the charts. The circle of life and all that.

You will want to avoid any venue which doesn't provide a good overall value, however. This amount is different for everyone. For me, I was satisfied if I got what I called "over 1/3rd" on paid promotions. Basically, that means I got back 1/3rd or more of my purchase price in direct sales/borrows/pagereads/etc. The venues on my lists have all consistently given this level of service or better when I've used them.

So, and this is advice for everyone, don't get too caught up in trying to only seek out venues which give an ROI, because it probably won't happen. Bookbub was the only place that always gave me a ROI from their promotion alone. The rest were a net loss most of the time, but together with some other important marketing things every author should pursue (like FB ads and a dedicated fan base & ARC team) they helped get my books where I wanted them to go and resulted in plenty of bestsellers over the years.

Online raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2017, 07:23:32 PM »
I've added two new venues to the romance service recently ;D :

The Wolf Pack - awesome for PNRs and soft Scifi Roms. Offers discounted pricing on all promotions booked through my service.

Ebook Itch - been around a few years, small but dedicated Romance reader base. Promo Stacker clients get a 10% discount.

Online raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2017, 10:23:10 AM »
Another update:  ;D

Added more exclusive Promo Stacker DISCOUNTS:

Bargain Booksy (non-romance genres only!) -- 5% off all orders

Freebooksy (non-romance genres only!) -- 5% off all orders

New In Books (Romance, Mystery/Thriller, Literary Fiction) - 10% discount off all orders. (order includes Bargain Booksky promo, Red Feather Promo (romance titles only), New In Books promo, professional Bookbub and social media (facebook, twitter, insta) advertising, and more, all in one package.

Online raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2017, 07:27:36 AM »
More discounts added!!  :o

I've added EReader IQ to my list as yet another venue offering exclusive, discounted pricing for all orders received through my Promo Stacker service.

Also, it looks like I currently have plenty of availability next week. So, get your orders in now and beat the crowd-- I tend to get lots of orders on Mondays for some reason...

Online raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2017, 04:27:46 PM »
Bumpin' cause I've got a lighter schedule than usual for the rest of the week. So, bring on the orders you lovely people, you.

Online raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2017, 08:58:20 AM »
Another Discount Added!

All promotions placed through the Promo Stacker now get discounted pricing at ManyBooks! Big thanks to Lisa and everyone at ManyBooks for their generosity. ;D

So that's 20 venues now where my clients get discounted pricing. 20! And I pass along most, if not all, of the savings to my clients because...why not? You'd be hard pressed to find any VA or marketing service which could offer you anything like this.

Here's the complete, updated list of all the venues where Promo Stacker now gets a discount (in no particular order):

-My Romance Reads
-BookSends
-Just Kindle Books
-Brazen Bookshelf
-Shifted Sheets
-Hot Stuff Romance
-eBookHounds
-ExciteSteam
-Ebook Betty (Betty Book Freak)
-ShareBear Newsletter
-Full Hearts Romance
-eBookSoda
-Awesomegang (Multi-site Promo Option Only)
-Romance Devoured
-The Wolf Pack
-Ebook Itch
-Bargain Booksy (non-romance genres only!)
-Freebooksy (non-romance genres only!)
-New In Books
-ManyBooks

...and I'm always looking to add great venues to my list and work out discounted pricing with them.

No B.S. people, just me ordering promotions for you, which I get a discounted price on, and passing some of those savings on to you. No unrealistic promises or impossible dreams. No Amazon TOS violations. No promotional venue guideline violations. It's just me saving you some time and hopefully a few bucks.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 07:03:32 PM by raminar_dixon »

Offline Stacy Claflin

• Seattle-ish
  • Run like you have to get to the library
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Claflin, Author
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2017, 01:22:21 PM »
This sounds really interesting! I'm bookmarking for later. :)

USA Today bestselling author of The Gone Trilogy & Dean's List: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Free Books

Online raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2017, 07:44:34 AM »
Bumpin' cause I've gotten caught up for the moment and have availability this afternoon and into the weekend.

Thanks!

Online raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2017, 10:20:16 AM »
I got kind of flooded with orders after my last post, but I'm nearly caught up now. If I didn't send anyone their preliminary scheduling sheet yet, just hit me with an email and I'll send it over ASAP.

Thanks!!

Online raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2017, 07:46:18 AM »

• Added Crave Romance's Premium Feature option to the Promo Stacker options list.

The Premium listing @ Crave includes the following additional benefits:

- Add additional store links, including B&N, iBooks, Kobo, Smashwords, Google Play, and Instafreebie
- Appear above Standard Listings for the day's deals with a styled border
- Inclusion of a direct Amazon or Instafreebie link to your book in your promo day's email blast

----Coming Soon----

-An actual website (and not just a submission form) for the Promo Stacker will be arriving eventually.

-I want to be able to start offering flat-rate promotion packages. Non-newsletter/CPC ads/other advertising would be integrated into these packages, and offering in tiered pricing. This should be extra good for both the newbies and the more experienced authors who just want a more rounded marketing approach along with an even more hands-off experience than is currently offered with the PS.

-I'm also in the process of doing more tracking of my clients' books before, during, and after their promotional period so I can have lots of data on which venues offer the best value vs. genre. Whenever I get this all figured out, I'll try to come up with some kind of way to easily communicate this on the form to clients.

Online raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2017, 07:46:30 AM »
Bumpin' cause I've got some availability for tomorrow and Friday. Try to get your orders in before the weekend if you can! :)

Online raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2017, 03:47:50 PM »
Quick thing:

I've now added the functionality for authors to order promotions without requesting a specific "stack" date.

Now, you can order promotions for a spread out period over days or weeks, on multiple varying stack dates, or really however the heck you want.

This has been something people have been asking for or just doing anyway since the beginning. Now, I've made it easier to customize your promotion schedule how you like it. Let me know if you run into any problems or have any questions at all!

Offline sali19

• USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2017, 08:22:28 PM »
Just throwing in my two cents that I've used Ram for my last 3 releases and was ecstatic not to have all those damn emails in my inbox, but just one neat spreadsheet. It also takes away some of the deer in a headlight because I basically just click everything my book quals for and then pay the piper. And walk away, and eat ice cream. I can't for see NOT using Ram for each new release forever. There is literally no reason not to. I'm still waiting on the one click package option. ;) where you just click one bubble that says: Book Everything

Online raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2017, 05:50:30 AM »
Just throwing in my two cents that I've used Ram for my last 3 releases and was ecstatic not to have all those damn emails in my inbox, but just one neat spreadsheet. It also takes away some of the deer in a headlight because I basically just click everything my book quals for and then pay the piper. And walk away, and eat ice cream. I can't for see NOT using Ram for each new release forever. There is literally no reason not to. I'm still waiting on the one click package option. ;) where you just click one bubble that says: Book Everything

Thanks, sali19!

I am planning on creating a "one click" option - well, several of them, really. The plan is to have tiered promotion packages. Probably something like:

T1 - $300
T2 - $600
T3 - $1200
T4 - $2500

Social media advertising would be included.

...but the existing Promo Stacker format will not be going away either, for those who would rather pick n' choose the venues they want. My goal is to offer something for everyone at a fair price.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 05:37:06 PM by raminar_dixon »

Online raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2017, 04:11:08 PM »
Bumpin' cause I've got time again this week for more orders (for now, that is).

Offline Learning by lurking

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2017, 05:13:35 PM »
Any chance you will incorporate Facebook ads into this at some point?

Online raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2017, 05:36:28 PM »
Any chance you will incorporate Facebook ads into this at some point?

It's planned as a part of the tiered "one click" promotion packages I'll be rolling out soon.  ;D

Offline Learning by lurking

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2017, 05:59:41 PM »
It's planned as a part of the tiered "one click" promotion packages I'll be rolling out soon.  ;D

Awesome. Will keep my eyes open as the course everyone swears by is to expensive for my blood. Thanks for the quick reply.

Offline Maria G. Melton

• Gainesville, GA
  • Introduction. Hello, Everyone!
    • View Profile
    • Promote your books for free!!
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2017, 10:43:16 PM »
Looks cool. . .thanks. . .

>>>>> Hi All...Recipe For Who love to bake ? <<<<<
#-->> Author Introduction...finally. | FB | Twitter | Author Page | FB Group | FB Fanpage
Promote your kindle books for free

Online raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2017, 07:47:58 AM »
A few quick updates:

-I've added Love Kissed Books to the discounted romance venues list.

-CraveReads has been added to the non-romance Promo Stacker. They are also part of the discounted venues list.

-I have a big update (hopefully) tomorrow for all those who are waiting for the new tiered-pricing "one click" promotion packages. If you're looking for a simple, fixed-price solution for newsletter and social media promotions and marketing, you'll definitely want to check it out.

-Also, I'm staying extremely busy lately, but I still have room in my schedule this week for more clients. My turnaround time is anywhere between 24-48 hours from payment to orders being filled.

Thanks!