Author Topic: Book Rank (formerly Ram's Promo Stacker) - One Stop Promo Shop!  (Read 20064 times)  

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    • All My Dirty Stuff At Amazon!
Re: Book Rank (formerly Ram's Promo Stacker) - One Stop Promo Shop!
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2017, 06:48:15 PM »
Bumpin' cause bumpin' feels fantastic.

:P :P :P

Offline cidneyswanson

• Pacific NW
    • View Profile
    • Author Page
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2017, 11:43:41 AM »
Hi Ram. Trying to make sure I understand the difference between promostacker and bookrank tiered packages. For the tiered pkgs, you list these features/services:

-Paid promotional ad space in multiple newsletters (the same ones in my Promo Stacker list). Your book is submitted to the venues I believe will be most beneficial to your campaign based on your budget, dates & availability, genre, and other factors. You don't have to pick and choose where to send it, that's all done for you.

-Submission to dozens of unpaid newsletters and websites which promote authors and ebooks.

-Submission to dozens of both private & public FB groups that concentrate on ebooks, deals, and author publicity.

-Promotion of your title within a few of my own private resources, which have not been made available to other authors before.

-Paid advertising on Facebook (all tiers) and Twitter (Silver tier and higher only). I create the artwork for these ads for you, as well.

My questions:
1) Is it just the first of the above listed items that's included in a promostacker?
2) Is the $50 retainer a one time fee or per title fee or ... ?
3) How are the FB ads that you make in the tiered pkgs paid for? I'm assuming the $200/$400 etc doesn't include the cost of the FB ads, although if it did that would be cool--lol!
4) With the tiered pkgs, does the 6.9% and/or the retainer fees go away, or are they also payable in things besides promostacker?

If my questions don't seem clear, ask, uh, more questions.  ;) Thanks much!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2017, 02:32:21 PM »
Hi Ram. Trying to make sure I understand the difference between promostacker and bookrank tiered packages. For the tiered pkgs, you list these features/services:

-Paid promotional ad space in multiple newsletters (the same ones in my Promo Stacker list). Your book is submitted to the venues I believe will be most beneficial to your campaign based on your budget, dates & availability, genre, and other factors. You don't have to pick and choose where to send it, that's all done for you.

-Submission to dozens of unpaid newsletters and websites which promote authors and ebooks.

-Submission to dozens of both private & public FB groups that concentrate on ebooks, deals, and author publicity.

-Promotion of your title within a few of my own private resources, which have not been made available to other authors before.

-Paid advertising on Facebook (all tiers) and Twitter (Silver tier and higher only). I create the artwork for these ads for you, as well.

My questions:
1) Is it just the first of the above listed items that's included in a promostacker?
2) Is the $50 retainer a one time fee or per title fee or ... ?
3) How are the FB ads that you make in the tiered pkgs paid for? I'm assuming the $200/$400 etc doesn't include the cost of the FB ads, although if it did that would be cool--lol!
4) With the tiered pkgs, does the 6.9% and/or the retainer fees go away, or are they also payable in things besides promostacker?

If my questions don't seem clear, ask, uh, more questions.  ;) Thanks much!

1) The Promo Stacker doesn't come "standard" with social media marketing and unpaid venue submissions. However, you can purchase these extra services as add-ons (at the bottom of the order form). You'd pay for them at the same time you pay the retainer. Also, if you want a greater social media spend, you can always just mention it in the additional comments section and I can add it to the invoice when I generate it for you.

2) The $50 retainer is a per title fee.

3) Social media ads are actually included by default for all pre-priced packages (FB only for Bronze packages) and part of the package price. ;D The general split I use for the tiered packages is usually around 20% soc. media, 70% venues, 10% me. So a $400 order breaks down like so: $50 (the same amount as the retainer fee I charge on PS orders) + $35 (my 10% of 350), $245 towards venue promotions, and $70 towards social media. My cut is pretty close to the same, or less, on these orders as it is on Promo Stacker orders with all the extra add-on services chosen.

This split depends greatly on venue availability and acceptance, of course. For instance, if I try to get you a Bookbub promotion but they rejected it and you purchased a Diamond package, I'll allocate those funds back into a greater social media spend unless you tell me to do otherwise. Once my $50 + 10% are covered, every dime goes towards promoting your book.

Note: On Bronze orders, I reduce my retainer fee and percentage cut by about half since such small orders are much less work for me. I really only recommend Bronze packages for short promotions on free titles or as a way to try out my service for the first time, though. You'll likely get a much better result with a Silver package or higher.

Another note: If you don't want any part of your budget to go towards social media ads on a pre-priced package order, just let me know and I'll leave it out.

4) As stated above, the retainer fee and my % are incorporated into the total cost of the pre-priced tiered packages. My % for the packages is slightly higher since I'm also doing social media ads and artwork, I'm choosing all the venues for you, and I'm doing unpaid site submissions as well.

Hope that answers everything! Let me know if anything needs more explanation or if you have any other questions!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 02:35:13 PM by raminar_dixon »

Offline cidneyswanson

• Pacific NW
    • View Profile
    • Author Page
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2017, 03:43:45 PM »
Best. Answering. Ever.  :) Srsly, that was super clear! Thanks very much!

Offline Tstarnes

• Texas
    • View Profile
    • Author Website
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2017, 04:14:14 PM »
Seriously.  That's some transparency right there.  I can't think of very many promo services where they straight up tell you what their cut is and what is actually going to advertising.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2017, 04:20:58 PM »
Seriously.  That's some transparency right there.  I can't think of very many promo services where they straight up tell you what their cut is and what is actually going to advertising.

Thanks!

I try to be crystal clear about as much as possible. Authors have enough to worry about already!

Offline Eric T Knight

• Tucson, AZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2017, 04:06:58 PM »
Well, count me as impressed. You're going to be hearing from me soon. I have book 1 in a fantasy series coming out next week, then book 2 in August and the 3rd book in late September, just over 10 weeks away. That's what I'm going to be shooting for, to promo book 1 hard when the 3rd book comes out. I'm excited to see the results!

Eric T Knight | ericTknight.com

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2017, 06:52:30 PM »
Well, count me as impressed. You're going to be hearing from me soon. I have book 1 in a fantasy series coming out next week, then book 2 in August and the 3rd book in late September, just over 10 weeks away. That's what I'm going to be shooting for, to promo book 1 hard when the 3rd book comes out. I'm excited to see the results!

Thanks for your interest and looking forward to working with you, Eric!

Offline Eric T Knight

• Tucson, AZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2017, 09:23:24 AM »
Well, the first promo I booked with Ram doesn't start until Aug 22nd, so I can't report yet on its success, but I would like to say this: Ram has been very quick to respond to my questions and quite patient with me so far. (I maybe haven't been doing so well with the urge to micromanage  :))

Eric T Knight | ericTknight.com

Offline TromboneAl

• Name IRL: Al Macy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2017, 06:46:45 PM »
Ram,

Looks good. I'm probably going to use this for my upcoming release.

Some questions:

Are you book-rank.com, or a separate entity? I can't find anything on that site about "Ram's Promo Stacker, an optional "build your own" service"

I go to book-rank.com, and the sum total information I can get there is: "Submission to 14-20 Promotional Venues. Custom Paid Advertising on Facebook."

Am I missing something?

Al Macy | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2017, 07:44:02 PM »
Ram,

Looks good. I'm probably going to use this for my upcoming release.

Some questions:

Are you book-rank.com, or a separate entity? I can't find anything on that site about "Ram's Promo Stacker, an optional "build your own" service"

I go to book-rank.com, and the sum total information I can get there is: "Submission to 14-20 Promotional Venues. Custom Paid Advertising on Facebook."

Am I missing something?

On the Services page, scroll down and choose one of the two options under "Build It Yourself". Those should be labeled as Promo Stacker on the buttons.

Link for your convenience: http://www.book-rank.com/services.html

And yes, book-rank.com is me!

--

I'm playing a bit of catch-up this weekend since I've been beyond busy. If you have an open order from the last day or two with me hang in there. I'll catch up on invoicing tomorrow. And after that I'll be doing lots of ordering, so updates will be a-coming.

Offline TromboneAl

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2017, 06:42:00 AM »
>Scroll down

Ah, that's the problem. You might want to redesign that page--few people will realize that there's more below, even though there's text to that effect. Here's how it looks on my computer:

« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 07:56:45 AM by TromboneAl »

Offline TromboneAl

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2017, 08:26:55 AM »
Okay, I signed up, thanks.

I've recently read that money can buy happiness when you use it to give yourself more time. This fits the bill.

Question: When you say: "We charge an additional 6.9% to cover associated transaction fees and our standard rate. "

Does that mean that the prices shown for each promo site include that 6.9% or that the 6.9% will be on top of those?

Offline TromboneAl

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2017, 07:12:42 PM »
Answer: It's on top of those.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2017, 08:42:28 AM »
Answer: It's on top of those.

Excellent. You got it!

Looking forward to a great promotional run for you!

Offline kathrynoh

• Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Kathryn O'Halloran
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2017, 05:38:14 PM »
Just a couple of questions - do you let authors know the results of the social media ads?

Also, I've got a Bookbub promo coming up soon. If I wanted to stack ads around it, is it better to do it before the BB or after? I'm never sure which is best :)

Offline Jeff Tanyard

• Georgia
  • Wait and hope.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2017, 05:46:56 PM »
Well, the first promo I booked with Ram doesn't start until Aug 22nd, so I can't report yet on its success

In for the results, and good luck.  :)
            v  v  v   Short Stories   v  v  v                   Anthology       vvv FREE! vvv

Jeff Tanyard | Author Website

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2017, 06:33:30 AM »
Just a couple of questions - do you let authors know the results of the social media ads?

Also, I've got a Bookbub promo coming up soon. If I wanted to stack ads around it, is it better to do it before the BB or after? I'm never sure which is best :)

I don't contact authors with the results of their social media ads as a matter of course, but if you want those results I'm happy to provide them if asked. Keep in mind the only figures I can give you would be # of clicks and average CPC. Downloads/sales/pagereads aren't something I have any way to track. Amazon Associates forbids using affiliate codes within paid social media ads.

Regarding Bookbub:

If you think the BB promo will get your book to the top 100 by itself, then do all your other advertisement after.

If you think the BB promo won't be enough by itself to get your book to the top 100, then do at least 1/2 of your other promotions beforehand.

Obviously, this kind of plan requires you to have an extremely firm grip on what's going on in your genre's market, to have a solid idea of how well your book should stand vs. the competition, and a good measure of complete and total guesswork.

Offline kathrynoh

• Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Kathryn O'Halloran
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2017, 09:56:32 AM »
I don't contact authors with the results of their social media ads as a matter of course, but if you want those results I'm happy to provide them if asked. Keep in mind the only figures I can give you would be # of clicks and average CPC. Downloads/sales/pagereads aren't something I have any way to track. Amazon Associates forbids using affiliate codes within paid social media ads.

Regarding Bookbub:

If you think the BB promo will get your book to the top 100 by itself, then do all your other advertisement after.

If you think the BB promo won't be enough by itself to get your book to the top 100, then do at least 1/2 of your other promotions beforehand.

Obviously, this kind of plan requires you to have an extremely firm grip on what's going on in your genre's market, to have a solid idea of how well your book should stand vs. the competition, and a good measure of complete and total guesswork.

Thanks for that :) Makes sense about the FB ads.

Offline TromboneAl

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2017, 07:03:34 AM »
The process went smoothly, and saved me a lot of time. I opted for stringing out the promos to avoid a simple spike. Good idea? Not sure, but worth a try. Here are the venues I had Ram set up for me (I did some others myself):

In my calendar:

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2017, 06:55:20 PM »
Giving this thread a little bump bump bump

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2017, 12:25:26 PM »
Hi Ram, could you explain how the 'user rating' for the promo sites are generated on your site? Is there a minimum threshold? Do the star ratings represent only one or two users, or many more? Thanks! :)

The star ratings were put together from a survey I held where 100 or so authors contributed feedback on the various venues on my list.

However, many new venues have been added since then and not all of them have ratings, and all of the ratings are at least 6 months old now, so keep that in mind.

Also, none of the venues I have on my list would be what I consider "bad".

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2017, 07:38:38 AM »
Ba-bump

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2017, 06:41:50 AM »
Looks like August is going to be our biggest month ever. Big thanks to everyone for their support!

Offline EmparentingMom

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2017, 07:55:00 AM »
Hi! Question: do you recommend this service for middle grade or kids' books, and do you tailor packages to those audiences?