Author Topic: Read & Review is LIVE + FREE Freebie Promo: Free for authors, few spots left  (Read 2022 times)  

Offline ebbrown

• South Jersey
  • Insulting the written word, one word at a time
    • View Profile
    • Amazon Author Page E.B. Brown
I have two opportunities for authors to participate for free.

These are both new deals for members of my website. This is different than my main subscriber list in that website members take extra steps to register & confirm that they want access to the member book deals. Membership for my site is growing fast; over the last 3 days there have been more than 900 new reader sign ups who want free books, and the total list for my Read & Review Program is just shy of 500 readers who want to review books. I plan to run the following two promos for free for a trial period. 

#1: Hot 100 Free Books
The Hot 100 Free Books Promo from RR Books is FREE for authors. All genres. One link to vendor of your choice where your book is free. First come, first serve, closes at 100 entries. Promo will run when entries are full. Authors will receive a reminder email one week prior to the promo start and when the promo is live. Authors are required to share the promo to social media and to their mailing list via a simple link included in your regular newsletter. If you are not willing to share to social media & your mailing list, please do not sign up for this promo as it is only fair to leave the spot open for other authors who want to do a cross promo. There are several other promos available at www.rrbookdeals.com that do not involve cross promotion that may work if this one does not.
  • FREE to 100 author submissions. First come, first served.
  • Promo will run when all spots are full
  • All genres
  • Simple design, clickable cover image with genre tag
  • Must be FREE on day of promo
  • ONE vendor link per book
  • Authors required to share on social media & send out simple hyperlink for HOT 100 page to their subscriber list

#2: Read & Review Program (50 Listings Available, first come first served) FREE LISTING OPPORTUNITY IS CLOSED; OPEN TO SUBMISSIONS
  • Submit your book for a listing with the NEW RR Books Read & Review Program.
  • Books are listed by category and length
  • Books are listed with 25 copies available
  • Books remain available to reviewers & active on the website until all copies are claimed; Books are then removed from the website

We do not accept any books with offensive content or explicit covers; if your cover does not pass Facebook/Amazon guidelines for ads, please do not submit. Submissions that do not meet the requirements will not be posted.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 05:12:31 AM by ebbrown »

Offline alyson.sousa1@gmail.com

• Easton, MA
    • View Profile
    • https://alysonlarrabee.wordpress.com/author/alysonlarrabee/
Here's the link to the book talk I did at the Easton Historical Society, where I promoted my KS campaign live and in person. I'm on at the end, after an oil painting of a prize winning cow named "Dolly Dimple", a hundred year old German "bisque" doll and an ancient wooden wheelchair.

http://www.eastoncat.org/file/easton-historical-society-presents-0

It was fun and I got a few nominations out of it.

Online dorihoxa

• View Profile
Awesome opportunities, Ebbrown! Thank you! Do not yet released books apply for the read and review program by any chance? I'm sending the book to my small group of arc readers tomorrow and will publish it in two weeks.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 11:39:06 AM by dorihoxa »

Offline Sonya Bateman

• Nothing interesting to say.
    • View Profile
Great opportunities, thank you! ;D

WRONG SIDE OF HELL -- #27 of the 50 Self-Published Books Worth Reading 2016. Woo!
Sonya Bateman

Online David J Normoyle

• View Profile
    • David J Normoyle
Thanks for the opportunities. Just applied for the Read&Review!

David J. Normoyle | website | facebook

Online Mark Gardner

• Arizona, USA
    • View Profile
    • Article 94
I submitted the English War of the Worlds: Retaliation. I listed it as as Sci-Fi, but really, it's historical fiction. Anyway, I hope to get a few reviews so I can run a BookBub.

Offline ebbrown

• South Jersey
    • View Profile
Awesome opportunities, Ebbrown! Thank you! Do not yet released books apply for the read and review program by any chance? I'm sending the book to my small group of arc readers tomorrow and will publish it in two weeks.

No problem & absolutely, pre-release books are perfect as well for the Read & Review 😊

Offline Concerned

• View Profile
Can you specify offensive? Do you mean bad lanuguage and violence or more like sexist, racist, etc? My characters have potty mouths.

Offline Jessie G. Talbot

• Raleigh, NC
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Woo hoo! I applied for both. I hope I squeaked in.

Jessie G. Talbot | Website | Twitter | Newsletter

Offline ebbrown

• South Jersey
    • View Profile
Can you specify offensive? Do you mean bad lanuguage and violence or more like sexist, racist, etc? My characters have potty mouths.

Sure. I need to limit things that won't pass through Amazon or Facebook advertising bots, since I do targeted ads for a lot of the promos I run. If one book in a collage of 50 has a questionable cover, the ad will get yanked or denied, so I have to have limits on what can be on covers. For covers, they generally should not have outright nudity/bare breasts or explicit sexual content, and should not have a gun pointed at the reader or a massive amount of blood. I have to stay in line with what Amazon will allow in Ads (note that what Amazon allows in paid Ads is VERY different than what they allow on KDP books; they are much less tolerant of anything that's even borderline, and it just makes too much work for me if I have to swap out & recreate ads at the last second).

As for content, I'm absolutely fine with erotica, violence, potty mouths, all of which can happen in many genres. Books should be categorized with the proper primary genre, and as long as they are labeled correctly, readers will not complain. I want to ensure that all books are what they say they are, so it is more likely that readers will select it to review. I don't want an erotica book mis-labeled as romance, and then a reader leaves a negative review & is annoyed that they wasted time on erotica when they wanted a romance without detailed sex.  Same for books labeled Science Fiction, when it's actually a romance, because readers looking for a Science Fiction novel will be disappointed.

I haven't seen anything from you that I wouldn't take, Felicia, I think you're golden. And btw, I'm about to tag you in our FB group because you won the Free Promo from that author giveaway I did. Thank you so much for sharing & helping spread the word about our group.  ;D ;D

Offline David Brian

• View Profile
Thanks, Ebbrown, awesome opportunity. I've just applied for the Read & Review.

David Brian | Goodreads | Website | Facebook | Blog

Offline JTriptych

• View Profile
    • facebook
Ive applied to both. Thanks for the opportunity, Ma'am.  ;D

Online dorihoxa

• View Profile
No problem & absolutely, pre-release books are perfect as well for the Read & Review 😊

Awesome! Thanks again  ;D

Offline Concerned

• View Profile
Sure. I need to limit things that won't pass through Amazon or Facebook advertising bots, since I do targeted ads for a lot of the promos I run. If one book in a collage of 50 has a questionable cover, the ad will get yanked or denied, so I have to have limits on what can be on covers. For covers, they generally should not have outright nudity/bare breasts or explicit sexual content, and should not have a gun pointed at the reader or a massive amount of blood. I have to stay in line with what Amazon will allow in Ads (note that what Amazon allows in paid Ads is VERY different than what they allow on KDP books; they are much less tolerant of anything that's even borderline, and it just makes too much work for me if I have to swap out & recreate ads at the last second).

As for content, I'm absolutely fine with erotica, violence, potty mouths, all of which can happen in many genres. Books should be categorized with the proper primary genre, and as long as they are labeled correctly, readers will not complain. I want to ensure that all books are what they say they are, so it is more likely that readers will select it to review. I don't want an erotica book mis-labeled as romance, and then a reader leaves a negative review & is annoyed that they wasted time on erotica when they wanted a romance without detailed sex.  Same for books labeled Science Fiction, when it's actually a romance, because readers looking for a Science Fiction novel will be disappointed.

I haven't seen anything from you that I wouldn't take, Felicia, I think you're golden. And btw, I'm about to tag you in our FB group because you won the Free Promo from that author giveaway I did. Thank you so much for sharing & helping spread the word about our group.  ;D ;D

That makes sense. And yay! Your group is awesome and I'm so happy to be a part of it.

Offline AllyD

• View Profile
Thank you for the opportunity! I applied for the free promo and tomorrow I'll try to get in the Read&Review one.

Ally Decker | website

Offline ebbrown

• South Jersey
    • View Profile
That makes sense. And yay! Your group is awesome and I'm so happy to be a part of it.
Glad to have you!!  :D :D

Thank you for the opportunity! I applied for the free promo and tomorrow I'll try to get in the Read&Review one.
Awesome, welcome aboard! :D

Online jsm

• View Profile
Signed up for the Read & Review Program. Thanks for putting this together!

Offline m.a. petterson

• View Profile
Quick question, ebbrown.

My $2.99 thriller SOOT ANGEL is free on InstaFreebie but, of course, readers must trade their email for a copy. Does IF count as a vendor?

Same question as to listing for reviews.

Thanks - m

m.a. petterson | website

Offline Viv Phoenix

• Riviera Maya
    • View Profile
These look terrific. I hope I make it on time. I've had wonderful results from your promos.
Checking how fast I can revive my book that's least objectionable. :)
Author of high-heat romantic thrillers and New Adult books for adventurous readers. My High-heat Book Club News gives you free books, multi-author giveaways and exclusive previews. Writing from the Yucatan and Central America, with a home base in my original state, California.
My religion is kindness. The Dalai Lama
Viv Phoenix | Website | Newsletter | Twitter | Amazon Author Page | Facebook | Paranormal Romances as Aly First, PNR & Fantasy

Offline SG

• View Profile
Thank you! Just applied for the R&R program ;D

Offline ebbrown

• South Jersey
    • View Profile
Quick question, ebbrown.

My $2.99 thriller SOOT ANGEL is free on InstaFreebie but, of course, readers must trade their email for a copy. Does IF count as a vendor?

Same question as to listing for reviews.

Thanks - m

For the Hot 100, instaFreebie books are fine. You can use one link to the vendor of your choice, so your book cover would link to instaFreebie.
For reviews, you don't need a link to your book. I host the files & distribute a set number of copies to reviewers; authors do not collect reader emails or any reader info through the review program.   ;D

Offline Write.Dream.Repeat.

• Pro Book Design That Sells
    • View Profile
    • Write Dream Repeat Book Design
For the Hot 100, instaFreebie books are fine. You can use one link to the vendor of your choice, so your book cover would link to instaFreebie.
For reviews, you don't need a link to your book. I host the files & distribute a set number of copies to reviewers; authors do not collect reader emails or any reader info through the review program.   ;D

We also applied for the R&R program :)

Ebook formatting starting at $30.00. Print typesetting starting at $55.00.
Colleen Sheehan | Write Dream Repeat Book Design

Offline AkariaGale

• Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
Sounds great! Signed up for both. I had good results with the Mega Mailing list and would love to get some more reviews.
Bite into a new adventure! www.akariagale.com

Offline Becca Mills

• California
  • Beware the yellow snowball.
    • View Profile
    • The Active Voice
It's a bit odd to "welcome" such a longstanding member, but this appears to be a thread dedicated to this particular cross-promo opportunity, so I'll go ahead and add the boilerplate. I'm sure ebbrown is perfectly aware of all this ...

You're welcome to promote your business and website here in the Writers' Cafe!

Now that you have an official thread, you'll want to add your listing to our Yellow Pages, found here: http://www.kboards.com/yp/. The listing is free to KB members and is completely self-service; you can add and edit your listing from the page. More information on our Yellow Pages listing can be found here.

In your thread here, we ask that the same basic rules be followed as we have for authors in the Book Bazaar: you may have this one thread about your service and must post to it rather than start a new thread each time. New threads about the service will be removed. Please bookmark this thread so that you can find it again when you want to post. You may not make back-to-back posts to the thread within seven days. If someone responds (as I'm doing with this post), you may reply to them, but otherwise you must wait seven days. Please note that very short or (one- or two-word) posts with no meaningful information are discouraged and may be deleted at the moderators' discretion. Lastly, your posts and images will need to meet our "forum decorum" guidelines, which is the case for every member.

Note that members are allowed to provide civil and honest feedback about your service to this thread. This feedback may include criticisms as well as kudos. You may respond in a civil manner. Members may also ask questions -- about how the service works, for example, or what they will get for their money, or whether your service adheres to Amazon's terms of service.

Disputes between you and clients should be handled off-site.

Thanks,
Becca
KBoards Moderator

(Note that this welcome does not constitute an endorsement or vetting of a service by KBoards. Members should do due diligence when considering using a service.)

Online Amberlyn Holland

• View Profile
Thanks for the great opportunity. I just applied for the R&R program.

Amberlyn Holland | Website | Facebook | Twitter