KB Featured Book
No Direction Home
by Elizabeth Burns

$0.00
Kindle Edition published 2017-05-20
Bestseller ranking: 81281

Product Description
Hunter Grayson flits from job to job, relationship to relationship, continent to continent until thetragic death of her parents brings her back to her childhood home.While trying to figure out how to move forward, she meets wild, fun Natalya Haven, who quickly becomes the sister she never had. But when Natalya moves in, their friendship unravels.
A second tragedy sends Hunter to a small town in New Mexico, a town out of her own past. For Hunter, that's more than a coincidence, that's fate. Natalya's family will fill the void in her life. Natalya's parents will become her parents. She and Natalya's brother will fall in love. But nothing is ever that simple....

Author Topic: Fixed line spacing probem with Kobo Glo (finally)  (Read 413 times)  

Online Mike D. aka jmiked

• Central Texas
  • Reading ebooks since 1994!
    • View Profile
Fixed line spacing probem with Kobo Glo (finally)
« on: March 28, 2017, 08:12:40 PM »
I just discovered this last weekend how to fix the Kobo software problem with line spacing on ePubs (thanks to help from Mobileread forums). So I'm back to using the Kobo Glo in addition to my Kindle Voyage. The Glo (it's an old one) is noticeably slower on page turns than the Voyage, but I can live with that.

The software on the Kobo won't win any awards, but it has a lot more formatting features than the Voyage does.

Edit: The line spacing problem referred to is that side-loaded ePubs could not have the line spacing adjusted, and led to many, many books having double- and triple-spaced lines, or lines that nearly touched. Hard to read that way.

Mike
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 09:44:13 PM by Mike D. aka jmiked »
What you see depends mainly on what you are looking for.

Offline skyblue

• View Profile
Re: Fixed line spacing probem with Kobo Glo (finally)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 12:11:21 AM »
I just discovered this last weekend how to fix the Kobo software problem with line spacing on ePubs (thanks to help from Mobileread forums). So I'm back to using the Kobo Glo in addition to my Kindle Voyage. The Glo (it's an old one) is noticeably slower on page turns than the Voyage, but I can live with that.

The software on the Kobo won't win any awards, but it has a lot more formatting features than the Voyage does.

Edit: The line spacing problem referred to is that side-loaded ePubs could not have the line spacing adjusted, and led to many, many books having double- and triple-spaced lines, or lines that nearly touched. Hard to read that way.

Mike

The page turns on the Kobo Glo HD, compared to the Voyage, are agonizingly S-L-O-W!😭

Offline northofdivision

• Chicago
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 06:21:50 AM »

The page turns on the Kobo Glo HD, compared to the Voyage, are agonizingly S-L-O-W!😭

Haha. Yeah, I see that too. Good thing I read so slow. On the upside, the Kobo Glo HD lighting seems so much better to me than the Voyages.

slightly off topic but this helped immensely with any spacing probs i had...That little bit of extra real estate makes up for some room taken up by spacing for me. I just added this line of code which took 10 seconds and it added a on off option for header/footer in my Kobo settings. Did the trick for me (and no loss in speed):
http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/2014/10/20/how-to-enable-full-screen-mode-on-kobo-ereaders/
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 06:27:36 AM by northofdivision »
Stanley
=====
Blackberry KeyOne, Ipad Air2
Kindle 2,3G,4,PW2, Voyage, Oasis
Kobo HD Glo, Kobo Aura One 8", Sony 5" PRS-350 w/multi-font/Zork hack

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline skyblue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 06:56:56 AM »
Haha. Yeah, I see that too. Good thing I read so slow. On the upside, the Kobo Glo HD lighting seems so much better to me than the Voyages.

slightly off topic but this helped immensely with any spacing probs i had...That little bit of extra real estate makes up for some room taken up by spacing for me. I just added this line of code which took 10 seconds and it added a on off option for header/footer in my Kobo settings. Did the trick for me (and no loss in speed):
http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/2014/10/20/how-to-enable-full-screen-mode-on-kobo-ereaders/

Thanks for the tip!

Offline northofdivision

• Chicago
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 09:35:32 AM »
Thanks for the tip!

NP. Worked instantly on the Kobo Aura One and my Kobo Glo HD. Suprises me they didn't just enable it. Having full screen is awesome.
Stanley
=====
Blackberry KeyOne, Ipad Air2
Kindle 2,3G,4,PW2, Voyage, Oasis
Kobo HD Glo, Kobo Aura One 8", Sony 5" PRS-350 w/multi-font/Zork hack

(Make your own reading bar)