Why not Join Amazon Kindle Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial?

Author Topic: Help for fantasy blurb  (Read 120 times)  

Offline JamieMarchant

• Author of Fantasy . . . And the Tortured Soul
    • View Profile
Help for fantasy blurb
« on: April 02, 2017, 11:35:51 AM »
With the help of the book, Gotta read, I've rewritten the blurb for The Bull Riding Witch, a humorous reverse portal/urban fantasy novel. I would appreciate any feedback. Would you want to read this book?

Waking up in a mans body would ruin any princesss morning.

Daulphina is determined to be queen of Asteria. Her father has always wanted a son to rule after him. But thanks to Daulphinas magic, hell never have a legitimate one, and shed take on all the gods herself before shes displaced by her [illegitimate person] half-brother. He isnt nice enough to be a good king.

But apparently, the gods dont like being challenged, or she has a new enemy with a lot more power than shed ever seen in a mortal because shes flung across the void and into the dumpy old trailer and chiseled body of Joshua Killenyen, a rodeo bull rider from Alabama. With nothing to eat but Frosted Flakes in the cupboard and no knowledge how she got there, she needs to find a way home before she gets killed. Even with her magic, bull riding is the most ridiculously dangerous thing on either side of the void. But her own safety isnt the only thing at stake. If she doesnt get back in time, her brother will rule and reduce the people to near slavery. See, he isnt nice.

Author of Fantasy . . . and the tortured soul
Jamie Marchant | Blog | Facebook | Newsletter | Website | Twitter

Offline plumstead

• Canada
    • View Profile
Re: Help for fantasy blurb
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 11:49:36 AM »
I laughed in a good way. That blurb makes me want to read the first page to see if the fun tone carries through the story. I'd suggest "... reduce HER people..." to make it a bit more personal.

Offline JamieMarchant

• Author of Fantasy . . . And the Tortured Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Help for fantasy blurb
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 12:22:04 PM »
That's funny. I originally had "her people" and changed it.

Author of Fantasy . . . and the tortured soul
Jamie Marchant | Blog | Facebook | Newsletter | Website | Twitter