Author Topic: An important heads-up regarding Books Butterfly  (Read 5873 times)  

Offline ireaderreview

• Books Butterfly - Connecting Readers to Authors
    • View Profile
    • Books Butterfly Book Promotions (Kindle, Nook, Apple, Kobo)
Re: An important heads-up regarding Books Butterfly
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2017, 09:20:25 AM »
Regarding this: I find it both funny and sad that every time one of these threads pops up, you harp on author's taking responsibility for their dismal results with your promotional services and yet I have never, ever seen you take responsibility for anything. It's always 100% someone else's fault. Don't tell people to take responsibility when you won't do the same. It looks really disengenious.

And before you claim I'm a disgruntled former client or out to get you or something, I've never used your services. I've simply observed how you've spoken to people here. Your promos could be the greatest thing since Bookbub, I don't know. It just rubs me the wrong way to tell people to do something that you won't even do.

This is a very good point

We take 100% responsibility. WE run your book again, for no charge, to get you the missing results

It's very painful to us too. Because we hate it that 8% of books we promote at $0.99 and $0 miss.

We put our money where our mouth is (guarantee) and run it again for no charge. We get more slot requests than we can run so if a book misses and we run it again, we lose the money for that new no-charge promotion slot for the book that missed.

It's not as if there are no consequences for us. It's very painful to miss (we take things very personally if a book misses) and it costs us an entire slot to run your book again and get you the missing downloads/sales

For the 8% of authors that miss 6% are fine with rerun
It's a very small 2% that want to go into negative assumptions

And that's the ENTIRE problem - Negative ASSUMPTIONS

Nature of book promotion is that sometimes books miss. It's pretty reasonable to expect authors to say - OK, let's run it again
OR
No, i want only cash prorated refund (and if author agrees to not work with us again we are happy to do cash refund)

That's fine.

What we don't understand is automatic Assumption - my book missed so you must be a scam.

We do understand it can be very frustrating if your book misses, especially as most of our authors came via word of mouth after hearing about great results from other authors.
Some books do miss. We did not make your book miss on purpose. We are willing to run your book again for no charge to get you the missing sales/downloads

It serves no purpose to make negative assumptions

It's a very difficult time for authors as it's getting tougher and tougher to sell books and become a successful author. We are well aware of that and we help authors to the best of our abilities. 7% to 8% of the time books promoted at $0 and $0.99 miss. In those cases we run the book again for no charge. We do understand that authors whose books miss are upset - however, that does not mean we are a scam. If you email us calling us a scam - we're human and sometimes it gets to us and we respond with negative energy

Perhaps it's not clear to authors but if a book misses

1) We run it again and lose that make-up promotion slot
2) We have to handle the 2% who make negative assumptions and call us a scam
3) We do feel the pain of a book missing. It's sort of impossible not to feel pain because you know in many cases authors are putting a lot of trust and hope into your promotion of their book

Authors only pay for results. So there's no pain. Unless of course you make some negative ASSUMPTION and create some unnecessary source of pain for yourself. Start believing that the tough market and the pain it's causing you is somehow our fault. We just promote your book and if it misses we run it again, or if you agree not to work with us again, we do cash refund and wish you best of luck

« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 11:20:47 AM by Ann in Arlington »

Get 50 to 100 Sales for Your $1 Book! Get 2,000 to 5,000+ Downloads for your Free Run Books! Get 200 to 400+ Sales for Your $1 Box Set!

Books Butterfly | Free Book Promotion | Paid Book Promotion

Applies to Following Genres: Mysteries, Thrillers, Suspense, Romance, Christian, Non-Fiction, How To, Cookbooks, SciFi Thrillers, Memoirs, Romantic Erotica, Steamy Romance.
Please Note: We also promote in other genres.

Offline mwgraves10

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2017, 01:48:01 PM »
My results was no better. Only after a week of attempting to contact them about their "guarantee" I've still gotten no response. Avoid them at all costs.

Edited, no name calling please. PM me if you have any questions. --Betsy
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 11:01:54 AM by Betsy the Quilter »

Offline ireaderreview

• Books Butterfly - Connecting Readers to Authors
    • View Profile
    • Books Butterfly Book Promotions (Kindle, Nook, Apple, Kobo)
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2017, 03:31:29 PM »
Issue with Mr. Graves was resolved in Aug (Aug 20th)

8% of $0.99 book promotions miss. That's just a fact of life when promoting mostly new indie authors

In this case book missed by a lot, which suggests book is not a good fit for our readers. It happens, albeit rarely (in 1% or so of our $0.99 book promotions)

Author preferred cash refund so we've done cash refund. Refund is normally only in store credit. For some cases, at our discretion, we do cash refund. A case like this where there seems to be no product market fit between the book and our readers - makes more sense to do cash refund

Author emailed us 9th.
We responded within a few days (by 12th). Author let us know on 17th he'd prefer refund and we did refund on 20th. Responding via email takes a few business days - so it's slow (email tag with a day to 3 days delay each round)

The delay is due to the nature of emails (it's only going to get looked at once a day, and it might be 1 to 3 business days before we respond). The delay has nothing to do with guarantee, which we always honor, and only with the nature of email where it takes 1 to 3 business days each way to respond

If you want a faster response just visit the website and try live chat, or just call us up at 1-844-WE-PROMOTE. Then you get an instant response and issue can be resolved in 2 to 5 minutes instead of 3 to 10 days

Get 50 to 100 Sales for Your $1 Book! Get 2,000 to 5,000+ Downloads for your Free Run Books! Get 200 to 400+ Sales for Your $1 Box Set!

Books Butterfly | Free Book Promotion | Paid Book Promotion

Applies to Following Genres: Mysteries, Thrillers, Suspense, Romance, Christian, Non-Fiction, How To, Cookbooks, SciFi Thrillers, Memoirs, Romantic Erotica, Steamy Romance.
Please Note: We also promote in other genres.