Author Topic: Audible Gift Links  (Read 387 times)  

Offline daloving

• View Profile
Audible Gift Links
« on: April 15, 2017, 04:14:54 AM »
Audible seems to have discontinued the ability to gift a specific book to someone else. The "Give as a gift" link no longer appears in its usual spot, and I can't find it anywhere else. Has anyone else experienced this?

As an ACX narrator, I use the gift link a lot as a way to distribute promo code copies to reviewers. Other than handing the promo codes directly to the prospective reviewers, can anyone suggest a work-around?

As of right now, Audible-UK still has the gift links, but I can't help thinking they may be on their way out as well.

Online Steve Voelker

• Philly
    • View Profile
Re: Audible Gift Links
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 10:06:03 AM »
There has been a little bit of a buzz about this lately.
Pretty sure they are just gone for good. One person even reported having their account frozen as a result of using them recently.
Now the button has vanished entirely.
Looks like Audible just wants us to hand out the codes for review purposes.
Which is frustrating, since it is much simpler for a reviewer to accept a gift than to redeem a code. And of course, it allows the recipient to redeem the code for ANY audiobook, not just the one intended.
But I guess there isn't going to be a way to avoid that.
Can't see how it really helps Audible, so I'm not sure why they made the change. I guess, like most things, someone found a way to abuse it and ruined it for the rest of us.

Online Usedtoposthere

• View Profile
Re: Audible Gift Links
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 10:12:07 AM »
I've always used the codes, not gifted the books. It works just fine. You just keep track of whether the person reviewed (have them send you the link) in order for them to get your next audiobook. Sure somebody may not review, but they'll only do that once.

You also need to make sure before you hand somebody a code that they've reviewed at least one or two of your other books--and in a thoughtful way. That's a prerequisite.

I get 95%+ reviews from using the codes.