Free Parenting Tips AppFree Parenting Tips App

Author Topic: Just a Thought  (Read 948 times)  

Offline ShinyTop

• Pensacola
    • View Profile
Just a Thought
« on: April 15, 2017, 03:03:25 PM »
Today I ordered a Kindle version of a hard cover book that I read several years ago.  Picked up the real book and realized I no longer had good reading light wherever I liked to read.  It then occurred to me that Amazon could offer the Kindle version at a cheaper price for books previously bought from Amazon.  Think like a feature of Amazon Prime or Kindle Unlimited.  Say 20% off Kindle version of paperbacks bought and 50% off hard covers bought. 

Just a thought.
Its unlucky to be superstitious.

Offline Tuttle

• Lancre
  • The Turtle Moves
    • View Profile
Re: Just a Thought
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 04:56:36 PM »
Some books have discounts for ebooks if you've bought a paper copy. It's called kindle matchbook. Not all books are part of kindle matchbook.
Everything is magic when you dont know what it is. Your sliding rule is a magic wand to most people. - Raising Steam

Voyage - Brutha
K2 - Dr Worblehat

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Oklahoma
  • Card-carrying melodrama villain
    • View Profile
    • All about me....<hee hee>
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 05:38:34 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/ep-landing-page/ref=k_mtchbk_eb_f

This link should take you there. But you must have bought the book from Amazon for this to work. Prices are right, though!

(Make your own reading bar)
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Mike D. aka jmiked

• Central Texas
  • Reading ebooks since 1994!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 05:48:30 PM »
I discovered something new about Kindle Matchbook last week. It doesn't last forever. I checked my Matchbook list and found that most of my qualified books have been reduced from 20+ to only 4.

So get them sooner rather than later.
What you see depends mainly on what you are looking for.

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 06:24:28 PM »
That sounds like a brilliant idea - but, once again, it's a Kindle feature that doesn't seem to be available in the UK. *sulks*
"A person who publishes books, willfully appears before the populace with his pants down." Edna St. Vincent Millay

Member since 03/17/2010 | (make your own reading bar) |
My Kindles: Kindle Voyage  | Kindle Paperwhite  |  Fire HD 10  | Kindle DX  | Kindle Touch

Offline patrickt

• Oaxaca, Mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 06:40:01 PM »
Before I got a Kindle I used a Petzl headlamp. Great for spelunking, hiking at night, and reading in dim to no light. I was having dinner in a fancy restaurant with friends and the table was lit with a single small candle. My friends, young than I, were having trouble reading. I slipped on my headlamp and my friend's wife went berserk, demanding I take it off.

When I'd finished reading the menu, I took out a 3x5 index card and started writing. "What are you writing" Sue snapped.
I held the card up and read, "Reason #186 I prefer living with my dog."

Petzl headlamps are great.

Offline Koi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 09:29:14 AM »
A most excellent answer!  But did you go home wearing dinner?

I never could use a headlamp, or any form of nightlight tucked in the book, back in the paper book days.   The jitter of the light caused by my heartbeat when I'm really still, reading in a dark room, bothered me.    When the Kindle became front-lit... ah, that was a great day.

Offline Mahogany1

• Houston, TX 77021
  • Life Doesn't Answer Question. So Don't Ask!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 04:35:31 PM »
Hello I personal like the matchbook. I like having both my Kindle and a paperback version. I read my Kindle for hours a day and just need a break sometimes. so I continue with the paperback.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 04:54:03 PM by Betsy the Quilter »
Mahogany Queen

Offline stevenblanchard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 01:18:29 AM »
@The Hooded Claw ..Thanks for sharing the link. I will definitely try this. It seems interesting!!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 01:20:12 AM by stevenblanchard »

Offline drafter69

• Western New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 11:16:37 AM »
Hard Cover and Kindle version offer different benefits.  Kindle tends to be cheaper but the advantage of Hard Cover is that I can share them with friends and family.  Hard cover seems to have better quality illustrations.