Why not Join Amazon Kindle Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial?
KB Featured
TBD
by TBD

$0.00
Kindle Edition published 2016-01-12
Bestseller ranking: 757432

Product Description
With the odd disappearance of her parents, Gussie Gibson has lived her entire life with her granny on a peaceful pecan orchard, owned by the meanest man in all of Georgia—Mr. J.P. Combs. Granny teaches Gussie many valuable life lessons as a black woman growing up in the still-segregated south. Mr. Combs is an evil underhanded banker who takes liberties beyond his privilege. When Granny dies, Combs informs Gussie she owes him back rent—but he wants much more than money for payment—and more than Gussie can live with.
After defending herself against his sexual advances, Gussie flees to escape certain vigilante justice when she meets a charming, handsome stranger, Sam Johnson, who is just returning from World War II.
Gussie and Sam’s friendship is short-lived when Mr. Combs hunts her down and drags her back to Green Ridge, driven by his craving for revenge and a grudge too deep to comprehend. Gussie fights to return to Sam and his lo...

Author Topic: Today's silly and pointless Mailchimp and Instafreebie question  (Read 294 times)  

Offline Jonathan C. Gillespie

• Atlanta, GA
  • Relentlessly Patient
    • View Profile
    • Fiction For Every Reader
Bless you for coming in here after reading that subject.

Any way, let's say I have a bunch of folks who agreed to "let the author contact [them] about promos...]" et. al. in the giveaway form's screen. Yay! Now--since I'm not integrated with Mailchimp, am I allowed to just manually add all those addresses to my mailing list? I just want to make sure this is as obvious as it looks, and the green grass isn't concealing landmines.

Much appreciated!

I write worlds on paper, then destroy them.
Jonathan C. Gillespie | Official Site | Twitter | facebook | Newsletter

Offline BVLawson

• View Profile
    • BV's website
Re: Today's silly and pointless Mailchimp and Instafreebie question
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 05:48:00 AM »
Actually, your question isn't silly or pointless at all! I had similar questions when I started setting up my Mailchimp account. I have participated in several list-building promos, and each time, I simply uploaded the Excel CSV (or a text doc) of the email addresses into my list.

During the upload process, Mailchimp will ask you if you have permission to add these people and a box to tick "yes."  This is, of course, dependent upon the list-building promo you participated in making it clear to folks that downloading a book means being added to that author's list.

It will help tremendously for you to have a sentence at the top of the first newsletter you send to them reminding them of why they are receiving the email - that they opted in during the particular promo (by name of promotion and date). This will help (but not eliminate) the recipients marking your email as spam or abuse. It's also good to have a brief introductory statement about yourself and your writing and inviting them to stick around for news of book releases, specials, and maybe more giveaways in the future.

Scott Drayco series named Best Mystery in the Next Generation Indie Awards & a Shamus Award Finalist
BV Lawson | website | newsletter | facebook | twitter | pinterest | blog

Online Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
  • Destroyer of Science Fiction
    • View Profile
    • Patty Jansen Author of SF and fantasy
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 06:12:01 AM »
Why don't you simply integrate your Mailchimp account? Much easier.

Offline Jessie G. Talbot

• Raleigh, NC
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 07:03:30 AM »
I don't have regular access to the internet and I didn't even know Instafreebie had that option. Or I just plain forgot. Thanks for your silly question!

Jessie G. Talbot | Website | Twitter | Newsletter

• Atlanta, GA
  • Relentlessly Patient
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 09:09:52 AM »
Why don't you simply integrate your Mailchimp account? Much easier.

Honestly, my publishing effort is just now starting to make headway, and $20/mo = $240 /year.

Online LilyBLily

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 11:05:30 AM »
There are less expensive alternatives to a paid account at MailChimp. If your list gets big, split it and keep it under the 2k max for a free MailChimp account and a free one elsewhere, for instance. Also, other suppliers don't necessarily charge you for some of the time-saving services that MailChimp reserves for its paying customers.

• Atlanta, GA
  • Relentlessly Patient
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 11:44:43 AM »
I appreciate it. You're not the first person to tell me that MailChimp is sort of mis-featured for authors.