Author Topic: MyPillow  (Read 218 times)  

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
MyPillow
« on: April 20, 2017, 06:05:44 AM »
Has anyone tried one of these?  I'd love your opinions. 

They say you are supposed to replace your pillow frequently but I have such a close relationship with mine that I just can't do it.   8)
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~ Groucho Marx

Online Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
Re: MyPillow
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 07:27:45 AM »
I have one, I bought it on one of the amazon sales, I think maybe it was prime day. Or some other deal.
So far I really like it. Out of all the pillows I have tried, I like it best. And I tried everything. I mean everything. I tried the waterfilled one, the memory foams in 3 different versions. The wedge one, the one with pieces in it and one that was just a roll. They hurt me really bad. I tried the ones with the plastic beads, tiny beads. I tried the buckwheat, which is about second best for me. Poly filled, feathers, you name it. I tried them all. I had settled on the buckwheat for lack of anything else working. The MyPillow I really like. I can wash it, which is really important considering how hot it gets here.

It does keep nice in shape while sleeping. I just have to fluff it into the shape I want before I lay down. I have TMJ and I tend to side sleep, or more like a pretzel shape. Its hard to find a pillow that is not to hard to hurt my jaw and also have the support in between the head and shoulder. Neck and side neck. This one actually it keeps a "roll" of chunks in that space if I need.

Anyway, I settled on it now. I think like most people when it comes to pillows, one kind of has to try them. I have lots of throw pillows around the house now. I just get cheap covers and use them as decorate if they didn't work. All but the water filled one. That one leaked so I threw it out after a while.

Member since 11/20/2008 | Atunah's Romance Haus | Goodreads |
It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach -- Diana Gabaldon, Outlander

Offline CegAbq

• Albuquerque, NM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 09:55:00 AM »
Well, I'm definitely in the market for a different pillow, also due to neck & shoulder pain.
So, I hope more people chime in. The reviews on Amazon seemed really mixed.
Carol in 'burque

Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to Skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and shouting: Damn-What a ride!

Online crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
  • Member #1600 since January 15, 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 11:57:01 AM »
DH and I are in the disappointed crowd with MyPillows we have had for a couple of years.

Positives:  They hold up really well and wash easily.

Negatives (for us): 

1. Because the filler is basically torn up pieces of whatever (foam?), they always feel lumpy and neither of us has been able to squish them into the optimum conformed shape each time they were used. 

2.  One of the big selling points for us was they supposedly stay cooler and don't retain heat.  Neither of us have found that to be true, and then flipping them over to try and find the cool spot again results in them needing to be "reshaped".

They are now pricey, full, fat filler pillows for king-sized shams and we're still looking for sleeping pillows that make us happy.
A book, I think, is very like a little golden door.
That takes me into places where I've never been before.
It leads me into fairyland or countries strange and far.
And, best of all, the golden door always stands ajar. - Adelaide Love

Online Eric S. Kim

• Southern California
  • Keep Writer's Block in the Friend Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 02:58:55 PM »
I first heard about MyPillows when I saw a YouTube video by Jaboody Dubs. All of the lines have been dubbed, with humorous results.  :D

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3alLlPjTX1I

Never tried it myself, though
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 03:00:52 PM by Eric S. Kim »
Quintana's Militia (First Volume of The Reload Series): 0%

Offline MichelleB675

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 04:54:53 AM »
I had been wondering about MyPillow too. Crebel answered my biggest question.. coolness. I need a cool/cold pillow.

I've been using Dreamfinity cooling gel pillow. Which I love but it's a few years old and is starting to hurt my neck because it's flattening out. The cooling gel part still works well. I also have a buckwheat pillow but I don't sleep on it, I hug it or wedge it behind my back when it's hurting.

Hubby found The Purple Pillow and asked me what I thought of it, I told him it gets bonus points for being purple and supposedly staying cool, but at $99 it will be a while before I try one.

Offline prairiesky

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 09:14:21 AM »
I love my pillow.  There are 2 versions and I like the softer one...my husband likes the more firm one.  You simply manipulate them until you feel comfortable.  They wash well.