Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.
KB Featured
TBD
by TBD

$0.00
Kindle Edition published 2016-01-12
Bestseller ranking: 757432

Product Description
With the odd disappearance of her parents, Gussie Gibson has lived her entire life with her granny on a peaceful pecan orchard, owned by the meanest man in all of Georgia—Mr. J.P. Combs. Granny teaches Gussie many valuable life lessons as a black woman growing up in the still-segregated south. Mr. Combs is an evil underhanded banker who takes liberties beyond his privilege. When Granny dies, Combs informs Gussie she owes him back rent—but he wants much more than money for payment—and more than Gussie can live with.
After defending herself against his sexual advances, Gussie flees to escape certain vigilante justice when she meets a charming, handsome stranger, Sam Johnson, who is just returning from World War II.
Gussie and Sam’s friendship is short-lived when Mr. Combs hunts her down and drags her back to Green Ridge, driven by his craving for revenge and a grudge too deep to comprehend. Gussie fights to return to Sam and his lo...

Author Topic: Historical Fiction Instafreebie Group 5/1-5/5 Giveaway  (Read 241 times)  

Offline AlexaKang

• View Profile
Historical Fiction Instafreebie Group 5/1-5/5 Giveaway
« on: April 21, 2017, 08:58:50 AM »
It's been a while since we've done one of these. Thought I'd get another one running for us historical fiction writers. This is open to all books that are historical fiction, historical romance, and historical fantasy. One book per author.

Promo Dates: 5/1 - 5/5

If you had participated in this last time, please consider submitting another book.

Participants will be required to send out a newsletter to their subscribers during promo period, and to spread the word by social media.

If enough people respond and sign up, I will contact Instafreebie and get them to give us a mega push.

Online Ryn Shell

• View Profile
    • Ryn Shell books
Re: Historical Fiction Instafreebie Group 5/1-5/5 Giveaway
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 07:27:10 AM »
I wish you well with it Alexa. I looked at your with interest because you are running it and it is genre targeted.

I advise all my readers when they sign up that they are signing up to get a free book then, and a mid-monthly newsletter, and I don't feel that I can send two newsletters a month to readers who I've promised that I'd only send one newsletter a month to.

I do have 3,000 Facebook page followers (pages and private profile combined) and 2,600 Twitter followers, and I can mention your promotion in the historical fiction blog (created for the mid-month author cross-promotions) which gets between 2,500 and 3,000 readers a week. If it were acceptable to just share with those social media outlets, I'd join you for this promotion. I don't want to wear my newsletter readers out when I've been building those lists for the benefit of other authors.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 01:35:20 AM by Ryn Shell »

Creativity is timeless.
Ryn Shell | Ryn Shell Gallery

Offline PatGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 11:00:03 AM »
Can we giveaway a preview or is the whole novel required? (My book is enrolled in KU.)

Offline AlexaKang

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 05:14:19 PM »
sh you well with it Alexa. I looked at your with interest because you are running it and it is genre targeted.

I advise all my readers when they sign up that they are signing up to get a free book then, and a mid-monthly newsletter, and I don't feel that I can send two newsletters a month to readers who I've promised that I'd only send one newsletter a month to.

I do have 3,000 Facebook page followers (pages and private profile combined) and 2,600 Twitter followers, and I can mention your promotion in the historical fiction blog (created for the mid-month author cross-promotions) which gets between 2,500 and 3,000 readers a week. If it were acceptable to just share with those social media outlets, I'd join you for this promotion. I don't want to wear my newsletter readers out when I've been building those lists for the benefit of other authors.

Hi Ryn,

Thanks for the post and follow up. Yes the timing of this promo misses your newsletter, but the promo dates are the dates when I can run and host this. I have a college class reunion the following week and I want to run this before the mythical "summer lull" begins just in case. We would really appreciate your sharing the message on FB and Twitter when the promo goes live. Thanks for all your support!

Alexa

Offline AlexaKang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 05:15:53 PM »
Can we giveaway a preview or is the whole novel required? (My book is enrolled in KU.)

Hi Pat,

Yes, some writers do that and Instafreebie specifically asks if your book is an excerpt when you upload, so I guess they have some way of letting the readers know.

Another way of doing it is to include a short story, even if it's just a flash fiction, and then add the except, so the readers can at least get something that is completed.

Hope you can join us. I'm getting some great responses from authors already. :)

Alexa