Kindle Forum banner

2 new Fire tablets said to be incoming!!!

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  luvmykindle3 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Here's a link to the new Fire 8 on Amazon. Coming on June 7th. I do not know how the new fires (7 and 8) are different from the previous ones. I don't have those, since I'm still enjoying my old HDX 8.9" which has better specs.

#5 ·
I just bought 2 of the old 8s, dangit.  I like the form factor and the Amazon stuff, but not being able to get a lot of regular Android apps I need on it is pretty close to a deal breaker. Plus the 16gb version is constantly yelling at me that it is out of internal storage space, even though the only thing on internal storage is the freaking Fire OS

#7 ·
jkingrph said:
I have been looking and do not see any real difference in my Fire HD8 ( 6th generation) and the new one. If they can show me a significant difference I might consider it, but there is no easy way to compare.
One way to compare is to go to your order for your Fire and click the link there -- it'll take you to the original cached page. Then, in a separate tab, look at the page for the latest model. You should be able to discover how much the specs differ that way.

#8 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
One way to compare is to go to your order for your Fire and click the link there -- it'll take you to the original cached page. Then, in a separate tab, look at the page for the latest model. You should be able to discover how much the specs differ that way.
I did that, and specs look identical unless some minor detail wifi connectivity or supported formats, I honestly with my old eyes get dizzy trying to look back and forth to catch differences.

#9 ·
#10 ·
jkingrph said:
I did that, and specs look identical unless some minor detail wifi connectivity or supported formats, I honestly with my old eyes get dizzy trying to look back and forth to catch differences.
The only differences I'm aware of between the new Fire HD 8 tablet and the previous (6th) generation are:
  • microSD card - new model has 256 GB of storage (200 GB in the previous model)
  • weight - new model is a bit heavier at 13 oz. (previous model is 12 oz.)
  • price - new model is $79.99 (previous model $89.99)
Both generations have 12-hour battery, 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, 1.5 GB RAM, 1280 x 800 screen resolution, dual-band wi-fi, and same front/rear camera specs.

#11 ·
DreamWeaver said:
The only differences I'm aware of between the new Fire HD 8 tablet and the previous (6th) generation are:
  • microSD card - new model has 256 GB of storage (200 GB in the previous model)
  • weight - new model is a bit heavier at 13 oz. (previous model is 12 oz.)
  • price - new model is $79.99 (previous model $89.99)
Both generations have 12-hour battery, 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, 1.5 GB RAM, 1280 x 800 screen resolution, dual-band wi-fi, and same front/rear camera specs.
And the GPU, whatever the difference is!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.