by M. R. Mathias

$ 3.99
Kindle Edition published 2017-07-09
Bestseller ranking: 7762

Product Description
Taerak's Void
(Book One of Fantastica)
A new series by multiple award winning author, M. R. Mathias

After finding a strange medallion and some maps with markings that no one in his village can understand, Braxton Bray decides to take it all to the Hall of Scholars in the kingdom's capital. But greed is everywhere. Braxton and a tough young female caravan guard named Nixy are forced to run for their lives, for someone else wants what Braxton found and is willing to go to great lengths to take it from him.

With a hefty, kingdom wide, bounty on their heads, not even the great wizards of the Sorcerious can help them. Left with nothing but each other, Braxton and Nixy have no choice but to get on a ship and go on an adventure that will take them places they would have otherwise never imagined. Elves, dwarves, giant gothicans, and trolls, treacherous forests on distant shores, love, death, terror, and magic all await...

Author Topic: If you could take a journey through a book, which one would it be?  (Read 1272 times)  

Offline lmroth12

• View Profile
Re: If you could take a journey through a book, which one would it be?
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2017, 10:05:07 AM »
Definitely, Middle Earth and Narnia, but only if like Dante with Virgil, Tolkien and Lewis could be my guides! :)

Sounds like a good time would be had by all!

L. M. Roth | Facebook | Amazon | Goodreads

Offline Galaxy Dog

• Venice (Italy)
  • Brett Fitzpatrick
    • View Profile
    • BrettFitzpatrick.com
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2017, 10:37:24 AM »
I'm reading a book by Alastair Reynolds. I'm tempted to take a trip through his Revelation Space universe, but ultimately I would probably be too chicken. It's a dangerous place. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revelation_Space_universe

Brett Fitzpatrick | Website

Offline FrancisLeggett

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2017, 04:08:30 PM »
What a great question! I know that throughout my childhood, whenever my parents would shout of me to go to school, I'd wish I could avoid going by entering my wardrobe and finding Narnia, so for that reason I'd have to say, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe ;D

Francis Leggett

Offline Jeff Tanyard

• Georgia
  • Wait and hope.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2017, 01:17:53 AM »
Robert Erwin Howard's HYBORIA, with sword in hand as a sullen eyed thief, reaver and slayer to tread the jewelled kingdoms under sandalled feet.

Now we're talking.   ;D

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Jeff Tanyard | Author Website

Offline lmroth12

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2017, 09:38:57 AM »
What a great question! I know that throughout my childhood, whenever my parents would shout of me to go to school, I'd wish I could avoid going by entering my wardrobe and finding Narnia, so for that reason I'd have to say, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe ;D

Narnia is one of my favorite journeys as well. Would loved to have sailed on the Dawn Treader and danced at Caer Paravel!

L. M. Roth | Facebook | Amazon | Goodreads

Offline David R. Larson

• Pacific NW
    • View Profile
    • Nobody's Nose
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2017, 11:46:47 PM »
Younger me (a real nerd) would have said Xanth.

Older me (still a nerd) would say the OASIS from Ready Player One.

Offline Rena Arun

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2017, 10:43:18 AM »
Has anyone played "Journey" (PS 3/4, thatgamecompany)? Very cool, very zen landscape designed to replicate the journey of a "life," as it were, that I wouldn't mind if it weren't for the cycle of never-ending rebirths.