Why not Join Amazon Kindle Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial?

Author Topic: creating docs and printing  (Read 407 times)  

Offline confundido

• View Profile
creating docs and printing
« on: May 07, 2017, 09:37:51 PM »
Searching turns of tons of articles on printing eBooks.  But I can't figure out how to simply create/edit a document and print it.  Got my wife a Kindle with a Bluetooth keyboard and hoped she'd be able to do basic doc editing.  Spent way too long trying to figure it out.  I thought it would be some easy combo of Google Docs and using our Brother printer on the network.

But still no joy.  Pointer to a useful tutorial?  I've read a bunch of stuff on the 'net but nothing that makes it sound as easy as it should be.

confundido

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
Re: creating docs and printing
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 04:08:50 AM »
What "Kindle" did you get?

"Kindle" generally refers to the eInk eReader -- it's the best option for reading, but is NOT nearly as versitile as a tablet.

But it sounds like you got a "Fire", one of the tablets that Amazon says, Android based. There ARE 'Office' equivalent apps available via the Amazon app store, which would be the thing to use for basic editing. Not sure if you can utilize google docs -- for whatever reason, Amazon and Google don't necessarily play well with each other. I think there's a way, but there is some complexity to it.

There are printer apps as well in the Amazon app store -- may be able to find one that works with your printer. I seem to recall a Brother one.

I'm going to move this post to the "Fire Talk" area.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac