Kindle Forum banner

Introducing the Indie Crime Scene

80K views 810 replies 57 participants last post by  Ancient Lawyer 
#1 ·
Some of you may know that I co-run the Speculative Fiction Showcase, a promo blog for all things indie SFF, together with Jessica Rydill. The Showcase has been going for three years now.

However, I don't just write speculative fiction, I also write mystery series, a series of pulpy thrillers and the occasional standalone crime fiction release. And when I was looking for a place to promote the latest release in my mystery series, I looked for the crime and mystery equivalent of the Speculative Fiction Showcase, only to find that there isn't anything like it. So I thought, "Why not create the mystery and crime fiction equivalent to the Speculative Fiction Showcase myself?"

So I spent a few hours and created the Indie Crime Scene, a promo blog for indie mysteries, crime fiction and thrillers. So far there's only a single welcome post, but I hope there'll be more to come in the future.

So if you're an indie or small press author of mysteries (anything from cosy to hardboiled), crime fiction, noir, suspense (romantic or otherwise) or thrillers and you've had a new release within the past approx. thirty days, let me know.

I'm also looking for volunteers willing to help out with the Indie Crime Scene. Because experience with the Speculative Ficton Showcase has shown that it's better if two or three people co-run a blog like this. Besides, it's a lot of fun and you get to meet new authors in your genre.

See less See more
#136 ·
#137 ·
#138 ·
#139 ·
Hi Cora,

My #18 Rafferty & Llewellyn mystery, GAME OF BONES, was published in February 2018. I'd like to be considered for inclusion in the Indie Crime Scene (what a great idea!).

Sorry to be late notifying you - my internet connection has been an absolute B******! I gave up trying to market it, as I was cut off every time. :mad:

Here's the link to amazon: s://www.amazon.com/dp/B079K6CNDM

And here's the blurb:

Series Reviews

'Darn good read.' 'Thoroughly enjoyed the whole series. Great characters and storyline.'

Sergeant Llewellyn's remark that, perhaps, 'Someone else' had made them a gift of Professor Babbington as the murderer, was just sour grapes, in Detective Joe Rafferty's opinion.

But Llewellyn could plant a doubt where none had existed before. And Rafferty, sure in his own mind that they had the culprit, disregarded Llewellyn, who was known to greatly admire Babbington. They had so much proof it was embarrassing: Babbington's fingerprints on the murder weapon; the victim's blood on his shirt; and his DNA on the dead man.

Rafferty couldn't believe it when his 'sure thing' began to slowly unravel. He refused to admit his growing doubts about Babbington's guilt to Llewellyn, who championed the professor, and was as convinced of Babbington's innocence as Rafferty was of his culpability.

But then they discovered surprising new evidence, and all Rafferty's certainty vanished into dust, and he prepared himself to face the music when Superintendent Bradley came back from his expensive holiday, to find that the 'sure thing' he had left with Rafferty, had inexplicably become anything but.

Unless Joe Rafferty could find some way to turn defeat into triumph…

Thanks, Cora.

#141 ·
Hi Cora,

I've sent you an email with all the attachments. And thank you again. I think I'll just have the book feature at the moment, as I've got work so backed up I can't cope with any more just yet!
Best.
Geraldine

#148 ·
#151 ·