Author Topic: Authorreach dot com  (Read 1794 times)  

Offline David VanDyke

• View Profile
Authorreach dot com
« on: May 09, 2017, 07:53:24 PM »
Has anyone tried out the authorreach dot com beta?

It seems to be a combination of mailchimp-style automation and tools, plus some promotion, probably by combining all the email lists of the authors that sign up for it.

Futuristic Thrillers, Mysteries and Science Fiction
David VanDyke | Blog | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Contact

Offline julie20201

• Writer. Teacher. Believer.
    • View Profile
    • Julie C. Gilbert Website
Re: Authorreach dot com
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 02:29:45 PM »
Hey,

I was gonna start a thread, but I'm glad you already had one open.

I signed up for Author Reach during beta but didn't really use it much. Just starting to use it a lot now. I like it.

Here's my blog post on the Top 5 Reasons to Consider Author Reach. https://wp.me/p8vm4j-ev

Basically, it's awesome if you're at a certain point along your email gathering author journey. ~1K to 7K ish. Beyond that, mailerlite is probably the cheapest option. But Author Reach has some pretty neat new features. You're right. It kind of combines the notion of bookfunnel with mailchimp/mailerlite/other email server.

If anybody has questions, I'll do my best to field them. The owners are very nice and accessible people.

(P.S. If you tell them I sent you, you get additional discounts beyond the try it for a month for $1. PM for details.)
Writer. Teacher. Believer.

I write scifi, fantasy, mystery/thriller, and poetry. I also collect Legos, drink tea, and write other people's blurbs.

Offline RBC

• View Profile
    • RockingBookCovers.com
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 02:40:41 PM »
From first look I can't understand what this is... is this something like BookBub? Or something for authors? Can I get books here? Huh?

Basically, unclear homepage design and proposition. Couldn't they just have a nice big headline explaining what the site is? Compare it to Bookbub homepage and it's clear why BB is winning so far. Simple is genius.

But hopefully these guys will succeed. More good tools for self-publishing is welcome.

Offline julie20201

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 05:23:34 PM »
From first look I can't understand what this is... is this something like BookBub? Or something for authors? Can I get books here? Huh?

Basically, unclear homepage design and proposition. Couldn't they just have a nice big headline explaining what the site is? Compare it to Bookbub homepage and it's clear why BB is winning so far. Simple is genius.

But hopefully these guys will succeed. More good tools for self-publishing is welcome.

Bookbub is good for authors in that they have giant lists of readers on multiple lists. So once they accept you for an ad, you're pretty much guaranteed to sell a load of books and top your chart for a time.

Author reach is an email server with the ability to make lead generation pages, so you can connect with other authors and cross promote on compatible lists.

If you're a reader and want to be notified of the free book offerings, then go here. https://authorreach.com/categories/free

There's a book notification button where you can sign up for their list and each week they'll give you a new selection.

I write scifi, fantasy, mystery/thriller, and poetry. I also collect Legos, drink tea, and write other people's blurbs.

Offline RBC

• View Profile
    • RockingBookCovers.com
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 06:05:49 PM »
Bookbub is good for authors in that they have giant lists of readers on multiple lists. So once they accept you for an ad, you're pretty much guaranteed to sell a load of books and top your chart for a time.

Author reach is an email server with the ability to make lead generation pages, so you can connect with other authors and cross promote on compatible lists.

If you're a reader and want to be notified of the free book offerings, then go here. https://authorreach.com/categories/free

There's a book notification button where you can sign up for their list and each week they'll give you a new selection.

My point was, their website stinks because it's not easy to understand and BB is. You have to explain it instead of it doing it the job. So that is hampering them. I hope they fix that and succeed.

It's an interesting concept they are going for!

Offline JTriptych

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 07:08:42 PM »
I came in as a beta tester for them and tried it out for a bit, but the results were lacking. I think it would be better for them to offer a free one month trial since people are reluctant these days to try anything out that hasnt proven itself.

Offline she-la-ti-da

• in the bunker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 04:31:35 AM »
combining all the email lists of the authors that sign up for it

Yeah. No. They're not getting my email list. Especially to use it to make money for themselves. If that's how it works, forget about it. Not happening. They can build their own danged list, like everybody else does.
Queen of Procrasti Nation

Genres: speculative fiction under main pen name.

Offline coreya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 07:52:07 AM »
Hi everyone, my name is Corey and I am one of the owners of Author Reach. I wanted to jump in real quick to clarify something and offer something pretty cool.

Yeah. No. They're not getting my email list. Especially to use it to make money for themselves. If that's how it works, forget about it. Not happening. They can build their own danged list, like everybody else does.

Author Reach is an email marketing service like Mailchimp, except it's made specifically for authors and we have included a lot of extra tools and benefits that authors can take advantage of. Like Mailchimp, we do not use your email list. It's yours, and only yours. We can help you import them into your account but we will never use them. On the topic of emails, and maybe where some of the confusion comes in, we have our own email list of readers. We promote Author Reach author's books to it for free (included in your subscription to Author Reach).  @julie20201 actually grew her email list by 800 new readers from this list.

We have other authors with similar experiences. Feel free to PM me and I can send you some. I don't want to give you contact information in public.

Micheal Maxwell (https://www.amazon.com/Micheal-Maxwell/e/B00F20MDCG/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1502458248&sr=8-2-ent)  is one of our biggest success stories so far. He has grown his subscribers from 3k to 8k in the time he has been with us. This is not just from Author Reach promoting him but he says that he attributes his growth to Author Reach because he implemented a lot of strategies that we suggested for him.

A quick snapshot of what else makes us different (and better  :D) than traditional email marketing services:
  • We only allow verified authors - This is one of the reason we have such great open rates. Check out Micheal's experience (https://maxwell.authorreach.com/blogs/270ec98f/How_I_Sold_312_Books_With_My_First_Email_On_Author_Reach) when he first switched to us from Mailchimp. Almost double the open rate! We don't guarantee those same results but the reason we have better open rates is because we take a lot of care in keeping our email reputation high. We have absolutely 0 spammers in our system to drag us down.
  • Author Connect - We help authors connect with each other so they can trade email blasts, create multi-author giveaways, etc. And because we know each of our authors so well, we know who to connect people with. However, we are working on a system that would allow for a lot of transparency with these trades. When you make trades with authors now, it's hard to have trust with someone until after you have built a relationship with them over time.  We have heard many stories of authors being burned by these because the other author just took advantage of them. We are working on a solution for this. But in the meantime, like mentioned above, Author Reach is doing this right now by knowing all the authors.
  • Lead generation pages - We make it very simple to create lead generation pages that connect directly to your email list on Author Reach. You can create these pages in under 2 minutes. It's really that easy.
  • Integrated with a Facebook bot - We can connect your account with a Facebook bot. More and more people do not want to sign up for email lists (think about the younger generation), but they still want to connect with authors they love. We can create your bot and integrate it into your Author Reach account in a way that would require 0 extra work for you. Just send out an email in the same way you already do, and it automatically get's delivered to your followers that have opted into your Facebook bot list. Right now we are setting authors up with a free bot.
  • Customer Service - We will take phone calls, Skype calls, or emails to help you. I have done Skype calls with authors 1 on 1, to show them how to use a feature on Author Reach. My partner has taken calls on how to improve author's marketing strategies, and we have even taken calls to just get to know the author better. We are the only email marketing service that I know of that has this level of support. We don't just "hide" behind email. You can get to know us.

I'd love an opportunity to connect with anyone that would like to discuss. My partner and I are taking calls with authors and we are making sure our calendars stay open so we can take a lot of these and take the time with each call. I know how easy it is to be skeptical with a new company/service like us so we want to show you how much time and care we put into each author. I know others can vouch for us, that we know each of our authors very well.  I actually feel like I have made some new friends  :D.

Here are just some of the things we can discuss during our call:
  • Overview/Vision of Author Reach
  • Learn more about Author Connect
  • Contact information for some authors that are currently using Author Reach (I will get their permission first, of course)
  • Marketing strategies that you may not be doing yet (This is what we did with Micheal, and other's)
  • What we do to help authors grow their email list
  • Get your Facebook bot setup for free, and discuss with us why we think it's important to have one
  • Or just get to know one of us. Get a sense of who we are before making a decision.

Just PM me if you want to set up a call. If you have any questions that I can take publicly, feel free to just reply here.   

Offline jedjurchenko

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 07:05:54 PM »
Hey everyone,

I've been using Author Reach for just over a month and tripled my email list during this time. The best way to describe Author Reach is an email provider, think Mail Chimp, with a built in mini version of Leadpages. Author colloboration is encouraged, but there is no need to fear, as authors do not give their email list away :)

Authors also have the opportunity to showcase all of their books, and can exchange adds with other authors (similar to Amazon adds, only on a smaller scale). In short, Author Reach has taken some of the cooler features of Mail Chimp, Lead Pages, Amazon Adds, and Instafreebie, and rolled them into one.

I'd suggest checking it out. I've tried a lot of strategies to grow my author platform, and this has allowed me connect with new readers more quickly than any of the other strategies I've tried.

If you'd like to check out my Author Reach book page and lead page--in order to see what they look like--let me know and I'll be glad to post the links.

- Jed

Online Herefortheride

• Chengdu
  • Loving every minute
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 08:16:50 PM »
Does it trouble anyone else that the three people talking up this service all have brand new accounts? (post counts 0-10 before this topic).
Blood Cauldron (DoH book 3): 88%
H.C. Harrington

Offline David VanDyke

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 10:40:18 PM »
I have a few posts under my belt. ;)

My right hand woman (my wife) has been using the beta for a couple weeks and she is cautiously approving.

Futuristic Thrillers, Mysteries and Science Fiction
David VanDyke | Blog | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Contact

Offline josielitton

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 06:19:08 AM »
I have a few posts under my belt. ;)

My right hand woman (my wife) has been using the beta for a couple weeks and she is cautiously approving.

David, has your wife--or anyone else here--set up a bot with them? I'm really curious about how that would work, i.e. do you own the bot and if you end up leaving Authorreach, do you keep control of it?

Offline coreya

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 09:02:02 AM »
David, has your wife--or anyone else here--set up a bot with them? I'm really curious about how that would work, i.e. do you own the bot and if you end up leaving Authorreach, do you keep control of it?

You own the bot and the subscribers. We manage the bot for you while you are on Author Reach but if you decide to leave, you can take it with you.

Once you are set up, the way it works is when you send an email on Author Reach, that same message gets sent to your Facebook bot list as well. So if you want to keep it simple you have no extra work on your end. Just send the message once and it goes to your email list and FB bot list (this is one of the benefits you lose if you left Author Reach).

If you are an author that likes to really get into it and test different things, we can give you even more access. We hook Author Reach into third-party service so you would just have to create a free account with them, to have more control.

josielitton, if you would like to discuss in more detail, PM me and we could set you up with a short phone call to discuss. I can can get you set up right away. I would really like an opportunity to show you what we can do for you so you can let authors on Kboards know about your experience.

Offline josielitton

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 09:56:48 AM »
You own the bot and the subscribers. We manage the bot for you while you are on Author Reach but if you decide to leave, you can take it with you.

Once you are set up, the way it works is when you send an email on Author Reach, that same message gets sent to your Facebook bot list as well. So if you want to keep it simple you have no extra work on your end. Just send the message once and it goes to your email list and FB bot list (this is one of the benefits you lose if you left Author Reach).

If you are an author that likes to really get into it and test different things, we can give you even more access. We hook Author Reach into third-party service so you would just have to create a free account with them, to have more control...

Thank you for the information. Personally, I wouldn't choose to send my newsletter through FB messaging. They're often too long for that medium. I would want the option to send other messages, shorter and designed specifically for FB messaging. I'm assuming that would be possible through the third-party service you mention but since I wouldn't want what you seem to be offering (at least so far as the bot), I'd just go straight to a third party, ManyChat, as an example, which offers free accounts.

I do hope you do well with this. I think it's great that you're including anything to do with bots. I just hope you can tailor it down the line for those of us who want a bot as an additional way to communicate differently with readers, not just as an adjunct to the newsletter.

Offline coreya

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 10:32:25 AM »
Thank you for the information. Personally, I wouldn't choose to send my newsletter through FB messaging. They're often too long for that medium. I would want the option to send other messages, shorter and designed specifically for FB messaging. I'm assuming that would be possible through the third-party service you mention but since I wouldn't want what you seem to be offering (at least so far as the bot), I'd just go straight to a third party, ManyChat, as an example, which offers free accounts.

I do hope you do well with this. I think it's great that you're including anything to do with bots. I just hope you can tailor it down the line for those of us who want a bot as an additional way to communicate differently with readers, not just as an adjunct to the newsletter.

Thanks for the feedback. You're right, FB messaging is built more for shorter conversations but the longer newsletter can work still. We have it set up to show the first section of your newsletter and then if they want to read more, they click a button to see it the entire message. We are doing this already and seeing over 75% open rates and 20% click through rates. And more importantly very little unsubscribes. So from our research this is working well.

So with this, you can have the benefit of high open rates on Facebook, without the extra work to manage another service.

However, your point is a good one and it sounds like you are an author that wants to have full control. We can do that for you and you can still take advantage of some of the other benefits. First, I can do the initial set up for you and then give you video walkthroughs on how to manage it from there. Second, you can still send the message through the Author Reach dashboard, if you want. So let's say you want to send a message to both your email and FB list. You would only need to log into Author Reach to do it. You can send a long email to your email subscribers and a short message to just your FB list.

This is a new offering on Author Reach so we would love more feedback like this. You sound like you have some good insights.  Would you be willing to try it out and let the kboards community know how it went for you? If it's not for you, you can always take it with you. And as a thank you for trying out Author Reach and the bot, I would be willing to throw in some extra promotion for you to get you some new email subscribers.

If you're interested, you can PM to get started.

Thanks

Offline josielitton

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 10:37:42 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. You're right, FB messaging is built more for shorter conversations but the longer newsletter can work still. We have it set up to show the first section of your newsletter and then if they want to read more, they click a button to see it the entire message. We are doing this already and seeing over 75% open rates and 20% click through rates. And more importantly very little unsubscribes. So from our research this is working well.

So with this, you can have the benefit of high open rates on Facebook, without the extra work to manage another service.

However, your point is a good one and it sounds like you are an author that wants to have full control. We can do that for you and you can still take advantage of some of the other benefits. First, I can do the initial set up for you and then give you video walkthroughs on how to manage it from there. Second, you can still send the message through the Author Reach dashboard, if you want. So let's say you want to send a message to both your email and FB list. You would only need to log into Author Reach to do it. You can send a long email to your email subscribers and a short message to just your FB list.

This is a new offering on Author Reach so we would love more feedback like this. You sound like you have some good insights.  Would you be willing to try it out and let the kboards community know how it went for you? If it's not for you, you can always take it with you. And as a thank you for trying out Author Reach and the bot, I would be willing to throw in some extra promotion for you to get you some new email subscribers.

If you're interested, you can PM to get started.

Thanks

Thank you once again for the information and for your responsiveness. Showing just the first part of the newsletter on FB makes sense and I'm glad to know that's how it works.

This weekend, I'm building my own bot or at least trying to. :) If it blows up or turns out to be Baby Terminator, I'll be in touch with you right away! 

Offline coreya

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 11:35:43 AM »
Thank you once again for the information and for your responsiveness. Showing just the first part of the newsletter on FB makes sense and I'm glad to know that's how it works.

This weekend, I'm building my own bot or at least trying to. :) If it blows up or turns out to be Baby Terminator, I'll be in touch with you right away!

Sure, no problem. Even if you want to just message me about some advice on strategy, feel free to message me. And the offer will stand, if you want to integrate it into Author Reach. Or even if you want to keep them separate and want to test Author Reach without the bot. Good luck!

I'm willing to give another person the same offer (test Author Reach with or without a bot and get some extra promotion to your email list) if you let the kboard community know about your experience. 

Offline RBC

• View Profile
    • RockingBookCovers.com
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 12:16:58 PM »
Does it trouble anyone else that the three people talking up this service all have brand new accounts? (post counts 0-10 before this topic).

Yeah, a red flag...

Would be nice to see some screenshots for proof!

Offline coreya

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 12:50:00 PM »

I understand the cautiousness and I'm working hard to get more reviews for everyone here. I hope David VanDyke's helps (thanks David).

As mentioned previously, I'm willing to prove the Author Reach statements by giving any kboard member some extra "goodies" in exchange for an honest review.

Yeah, a red flag...

Would be nice to see some screenshots for proof!

What types of screenshots would you like to see?  I can see what I can work up for everyone.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 12:51:46 PM by coreya »

Offline RBC

• View Profile
    • RockingBookCovers.com
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 01:11:36 PM »
I understand the cautiousness and I'm working hard to get more reviews for everyone here. I hope David VanDyke's helps (thanks David).

As mentioned previously, I'm willing to prove the Author Reach statements by giving any kboard member some extra "goodies" in exchange for an honest review.

What types of screenshots would you like to see?  I can see what I can work up for everyone.

Well, something that proves the size of your platform and at least some proof of a success story (whichever you like to use). Just want to see real numbers and people. :)

Offline Marseille, France or Bust

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 01:46:23 PM »
Exactly.

Patrice Williams Marks | Website/Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter | Youtube

Offline julie20201

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2017, 07:58:20 AM »

Ha. I only joined a few months ago to advertise my blurb writing and manuscript critiques. (not allowed to post on those threads more than once a week if nobody replies.) I tend not to haunt forums just because. Who got time for that  :D Traveled most of the summer, which was awesome, and now the school year's starting, major time eater. I drop by when I can.

Offline Caddy

• Novels For Adults Who Color Outside the Lines
    • View Profile
    • Caddy Rowland: Slice of Life
Does anyone here use Author Reach?
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2017, 09:05:43 AM »
Instead of Mail Chimp to send emails? If so, how did you do with Author Reaach?  Thanks.
ALSO WRITING HOT GAY M/M ROMANCE UNDER SIBLEY JACKSON

The Gastien Series: Sometimes the "impossible" is possiblebut the cost can be extremely high. | There Was a House:They better be damn good. There will only be one chance. | The Avengement Series: Karma really can be a b*tchespecially when it scores a willing partner.

Offline Acheknia

• UK
    • View Profile
    • Books by A. Woodley
Re: Does anyone here use Author Reach?
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2017, 09:12:52 AM »
Instead of Mail Chimp to send emails? If so, how did you do with Author Reaach?  Thanks.

I don't use either, I entered because of your header.
I thought 'It's readers I want to reach, not authors' :)

Offline Caddy

• Novels For Adults Who Color Outside the Lines
    • View Profile
    • Caddy Rowland: Slice of Life
Re: Does anyone here use Author Reach?
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2017, 09:26:23 AM »
Yes, it's for authors to reach readers. They send out emails to your list, etc. WOndering if they are any good.
ALSO WRITING HOT GAY M/M ROMANCE UNDER SIBLEY JACKSON

The Gastien Series: Sometimes the "impossible" is possiblebut the cost can be extremely high. | There Was a House:They better be damn good. There will only be one chance. | The Avengement Series: Karma really can be a b*tchespecially when it scores a willing partner.

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac